Turtle Island [NaWOWriMo] Of Metal and Magic
I AM WEASEL, HEAR ME ROAR
61 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
All Welcome 
Abducted by aliens! Of...some sort.
This thread is a non-canonical bit of insanity brought to you by Camp NaWoWriMo. Reply as you see fit, possibly with the aid of drug-induced hallucinations... mua ha ha haaa.

The surface beneath her was screamingly cold, and slicker and flatter than any sheet of ice. Nynka woke up sprawled on her back and disoriented, the harsh beams from multiple points of light high above dazzling her brain and her eyes further yet. She gnashed her teeth and flailed ineptly about, but her limbs seemed to be made of rubber and did not quite want to respond in the usual way; all Nynka could do was let out a thin little wail quite unlike her usual self and try to blink away the confusingly multiplicative suns' glare as the large, attentuated shadows huddled in a loose circle around her upraised cold smooth metallic prison slowly came into better focus.

What the hell?! Where was she, and how had she gotten here?! Nynka was bewildered, but at least the lassitude seemed to be draining away from her limbs as she wobbled there even if the sunspots seemed determined to stick around and mar her vision. She thrashed determinedly harder, and then as one of the figures reached a weirdly-formed long blue paw out to touch her Nynka snaked her neck out to meet its outstretched toe. Snap! Such was the weird numbness of her state of being and her disorientation that Nynka wasn't sure if she'd caught the thing a direct hit or merely a glancing blow, but either way it yanked back with a shriek. Nynka roiled about like a beached fish until suddenly she hit the edge of the metal cliff and went hurtling down to the equally cold floor below with a loud, solid THONK. Now all the creatures were waving about in agitation and screeching madly, but Nynka didn't stick around to wait. She rolled sideways, got her feet beneath her, and scurried off just as fast as she ever in her life had, her heart pounding fit to burst right through her chest. There was a big stony rectangle that was trying to block the exit through which a bit of flowing air teasingly tickled at her whiskers, but it wasn't quite fit into the smooth-edged cave's door right and so it was only the work of a moment for Nynka to wriggle her way through, out into freedom!

She scuttled quickly along one wall, still half-blinded, and then pulled up short, blinking madly. The high-up array of lights directly before her reminded her of stars as they twinkled there, but in a weirdly rainbow array of colors. Also, they blinked on and off in a bizarre, businesslike fashion that Nynka had never before seen stars do... and some of them were perfectly square. What insane alien landscape had she been transported to, here, where even the stars weren't proper stars?! She had to escape. Nynka jumped as one blinky square of green starlight let out a sudden loud BREEP-eep, reminding her of her own bleepy-box back home. Were these alien creatures the same ones who had brought the bleepy-box to her? She had to wonder—but that wondering must be saved for another time. Right now, far worse than anything else, she wanted OUT— so Nynka spun on her tail and scuttled down the next branching of the strange smooth-edged labyrinth of caverns, giving the reflecting glow of the blinky boxy lights on the far wall only a cursory glance before she kept moving along.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Abducted by the same aliens.

Wraen had no memory of how she had come here - the last thing she remembered was watching the moon, while she was waiting for Maia's return and wondering, why was it so big and unusually bright and... BHAM! she found herself here, far away from anything remotely familiar. 

She was not a coward, but even the bravest of wolves would have been shocked to find themselves in a barren, metal cave that had a very strong, acidic smell to it (these aliens were very keen on keeping their ship germ free) and a very slippery surface to stand on. Naturally, no one clipped her nails in the nature, so her claws were the least suitable to walk around here. 

A loud clanking and screeching noise had caused panic in her. She had attempted to run away, she had tried to climb walls and eventually crashed in a window that she had mistakenly assumed to be an exit to the outside world. Dizzy and concussed Wraen crawled under a table and cowered in the corner, with her eyes shut tightly, her wishing for the nightmare to end. 

It did not, but it did send someone her way. She heard tiny footsteps coming in her direction, after a moment of deliberation she peered out of her hiding spot and... "Oh, good god you are here!" she exclaimed with a tint of hysteria in her voice. This was the first time in her life, where she was actually glad to meet a weasel.
61 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Nynka was a little concerned about the quick clickity-click-click of her skittering paws, but with the long unnaturally smooth walls looming every which way she turned there honestly wasn't much in the way of great hiding places anyway, so speed, rather than stealth, remained her priority as she rocketed down the metal hall and tried to blink the afterimage of those multiplying suns and strangely-shaped off-color stars from her eyes. As her disorientation lessened and her usual poise began to return to her, Nynka's focus narrowed determinedly to finding a route of escape. She gave the first two offshoot caves hardly a glance, poking her nose in just long enough to ensure there was no cavern exit on any of their looming tall (and occasionally star-blinky, in patches) walls. The third room she almost did the same—until a sudden wild voice from her right caused Nynka's fur to bottlebrush as she arched her spine and leapt back from its source.

With that slightly healthier distance instantly put between them she spun alertly toward the sound. Nynka's eyes were themselves a little wild as they probed the shadows seeking the voice's owner. She bared her tiny teeth and hissed, right up until her beady black eyes met the glimmering green ones that belonged to that voice. He first impulse was to curl her lip further at the green orbs' obviously foreign, almond-shaped, canine nature. Then she realized in a sudden flash of insight that she knew those eyes.

Wraen?! said Nynka incredulously. Her patchy brown fur plastered itself back down onto her body. What are you doing here?! No, wait—scratch that. How do we get out of here, more importantly?! Nynka's forepaws jiggered about impatiently for a moment, then impulsively darted up to Wraen with the rest of her body liquidly following. She gave a sharp little affectionate jab of her nose into the wolf's cheek, and then bristled her whiskers attentively at her friend to see if the clever storytelling canine could concoct the two of them a nice quick narrative of escape. Nynka could only hope that this intelligent (for a wolf) creature might have been a little more alert and able to take in their surroundings than she herself had on the journey here... wherever "here" in fact was.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
In times of great stress and confusion, you need someone, who tells you calmly, what to do now. And a weasel with an ego the size of an elefant does well for this purpose as anyone else. Wraen had been so consumed by fear that she had not given much thought of, whether there was an "OUT" of this very off and unusual place. She cast her glance back and forth the length of the metal corridor, until she spotted a semi-transculent and reflective surface. High above both of them. But - maybe...

"Climb on my back," she told Nynka, leaning down so that the weasel had an easy access to her new mode of transport to be. "I saw something there," she beckoned in the direction of the place she had spotted. "I will get on my hind-paws and it should be enough for you to climb on the margin of it and have a look from above," she explained her plan and shortly after went to the realization. Nynka was within paw's reach from a windowsill.
61 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Nynka's ear twitched once, doubtfully, as she tried to wrap her little mind around what this wolf was saying. Climb up... on here back? What a strange and ludicrous suggestion! And yet... and yet it just might work. If the square of light (what was it with these aliens and their freaky squares everywhere anyway? It was such an unnatural shape) would be as illuminating as Wraen suspected, too, that is. Ordinarily Nynka wouldn't trust any other living creature enough to deliberately place herself so completely dependent on them and their motions, not if she could help it, but these weren't ordinary circumstances and really, in her mind Wraen wasn't any ordinary wolf anyway. So after a moment Nynka gave a sharp little nod before slingshotting herself up and over as best she could, her claws scrambling for purchase in Wraen's thick fur before skittering her up to her target spot between Wraen's shoulderblades.

Right! Get ye on up, then, heyo silverpelt! she said as she placed her forepaws commandingly on the base of Wraen's skull. Nynka was already craning her nek impatiently upward toward the big square of light, though she couldn't help but dart a quick nervous glance behind her, toward the entry to the cave room they were in: what if one of the aliens saw, or heard? They'd best do this quickly and find a way out posthaste.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen made sure that Nynka had found her balance, then raised herself carefully so that she was standing on her hind legs and her forepaws were almost reaching over the window-sill. She craned her neck so that her muzzle was touching metal margin as well and stood still. 

But the crazy world would not have lived up to it's name were it not for an unexpected trouble. A deep rumbling noise happened and soon the floor under Wraen's feet began to shake. There was a sudden jerk and Wraen felt herself falling first and then being whisked away through the long corridor.

The flight lasted for few seconds, which felt like an eternity to Wraen, but it came to end, when she crashed into something solid and soft at the same time. She opened her eyes, lifted her head, looked around for Nynka and was startled by a sudden movement under her and a wailing moan. She looked down and started at a pair of long greyish-green naked legs.
61 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Nynka was perched on her hind paws the next instant as well, impatiently stretching her forepaws up to lever her inquisitive pointy nose up past the embossed edging of metal around the bright square. She tried to dig her claws into the metallic edge to help stabilize herself, but it didn't work all that terribly well on the slick and unyielding surface, or with Nynka's getting distracted by a quick glimpse of leaves and wooden branches and a beautiful expanse of grass. It worked even less well when half a breath later her canine perch went whizzing out sideways from under her. Nynka let out a shrill squeal of surprise and outrage intermingled, and tried to cling to the metal edge, but it was ripped unceremoniously from her grasp as she flew dizzily through the air.

She landed half on something soft—Wraen's fur?—and half off of it, on an inconveniently hard surface whose impact jolted right up against her spine. Nynka hissed, and flipped upright, and hastily tried to clamber right back atop her pet wolf even as she was scolding her. She aimed a rebuking nip at Wraen's ear. Did you forget I was standing on you and try to pounce on something you were hunting?! Sheesh! Hold still! As Nynka regained some height she peered curiously up and over the curve of Wraen's body, and scurried a little closer to the attenuated and immobile form pinned beneath the wolf as it let out a long moan. Well, it's big enough I guess, she allowed begrudgingly, whatever it was, and then spied something even stranger than its meat-gone-off color. Hey look, it's got some of those blinky beepy bits off the wall wrapped around its neck and legs! Or—arms? Whatever. Nynka darted close enough to take a quick investigative bite at the nearer blinky-thing around the creature's wrist. She immediately and overdramatically gagged aloud—Hkkkkyah! and turned her squinched, irritated face back toward Wraen with a grumpy: Hunt something better, hey wolf?
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen did not pay much attention to Nynka's scolding, though part of it she did deserve, even if the fall had happened due to no fault of her own. She knew the little weasel well enough by now to know that it would be pointless to argue, because her companion was always right. Always. 

Therefore she focused at the more pressing problem at hand and that was the oddest looking creature in the world. While the weasel was investigating the beeping thingies on it's body, she walked around it and sniffed it carefully. It was an entirely new experience for her - this was a smell like no other. And due to the circumstances she found herself in now, she decided she did not like it at all. 

"There is an open den there," Wraen beckoned to a doorway that had not been there earlier. She did not wish to stay any longer and find out, what the green man was capable of doing, when it was awake. "Hop on and let's go and see, what's there," she told the weasel and crouched a little to let her friend climb up again.

[Here the dream began to fade and by the time Wraen woke up in the regular world, she recollected meeting Nyka clearly, but the circumstances were dim and blur.]

Thank you for another set of Nynka awesomeness!