Blackfeather Woods Where the wild things are
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Joining 
I really hope for her to join this! Perhaps @Titmouse or @Ramsay could show? @Maegi. Forwarded to tomorrow evening

She had been gifted survival by a kindly stranger, given a hare that became a physical representation of her instinctual drive to survive. She had almost lost it to a thief and had turned Savage, defending what was hers and then quickly eating it because she had learned her lesson not to hold onto it any longer. The food had given her energy and with it she was reborn. She was a silent predator, fully cloaked in wild instincts and this was why she paused at the entry to the dark wood. It smelled claimed and she yearned for that dark solitude, a place where she was sure a suvivalist would be welcomed. She paced and called for whoever ran the place, liac eyes gleaming with determination.
98 Posts
Ooc — (►.◄)
flings this dude in here

He certainly wasn't in charge and by no means thought himself capable of determining whether or not one was allowed access into the woods, but he'd been nearby and in an effort to get a grasp on how one should handle a situation like this, decided to answer the summon despite not being of leadership. He didn't hide his figure in the shadows or watch from the distance like some others in the murky forest might have done, but rather met her with a neutral appearance as Cry had done with him. 

Was this how he was supposed to do it? Oh, maybe he actually should have waited for one the overseers...ah whatever, he was already here, might as well follow his gut instinct now. "Hello" he greeted, trying to remember how he had been handled during his time at other borders. "What brings you to the woods?" That sounded about right, or well, at least he thinks that is somewhere along the lines of how he should greet her. Time to fake it till you make it I guess. 
3-3-3
9/10 threads
monthly goal - reach 100 posts
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She had never had to do this before, never had to beg for a home in her life and when the male strode out from the shadows she lowered herself eyes sliding downward naturally. Gone was the determination from before, especially when he asked what her purpose here was. "I have been searching for a new home and I like the darkness and solitude of this one. I don't have many skills, i can hunt well..um... adequately. I know medicine and Midwifing" she just wanted to throw out that she wasn't useless, that she could help with some things.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
The howl brought her out of the shadows, as it should—though perhaps Ramsay was more suited to greeting newcomers. He had always seemed more eloquent, more grounded in the present. But she was not alone when she came; Sanguinus was there, and she gave the brute a nod before turning to the unfamiliar wolf at hand, canting her head slightly in query.

She'd caught the last bit of her spiel. Midwifing, you said? Maegi asked. She thought of her own disastrous forays into that field. That's a skill we could use, if you're looking for a place to stay. Who are you—where do you come from?

No matter what skills she offered, the young woman would have to prove her loyalty. At the very least, she'd have to promise not to cause any trouble.
98 Posts
Ooc — (►.◄)
He assumed he was off to a good start considering he hadn't chased her off yet so, with a now small boost to his confidence, Sanguinus relaxed and listened in to her answer. A home. He supposed the forest could be what she searched for but, despite not knowing much on how these interactions went, he knew allowing her a place in the woods was not his call to make.

So he focused on what she revealed next. Medicine and midwifing, two skills he was vaguely familiar with. His lips parted to let out his opinion on the trades but the words that escaped into the air were not his own. He clamped his jaws shut and turned to catch the porcelain leader's nod just before she cast out her own questions to the stranger. Past routine quickly took hold of him once more and in a practiced manner he fell quiet behind his superior, ever watchful of what took place before him.
3-3-3
9/10 threads
monthly goal - reach 100 posts
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
From the darkness came a young girl, probably somewhere near her age. It took Lilah a moment but she spotted the gruesome scarring on her face and somehow miraculously kept herself from gasping though she did obviously give it a glance. She swept her gaze over the rest and smiled softly. The woman was still pretty, there was something in the way she carried herself, or maybe how she spoke...she had no idea. She was delighted to hear she would be of use and it showed, quite plainly in the way her eyes lit up. Then it faded and nearly vanished when the woman asked of where she came from. "My name is Lilah miss and I was with a group trying to settle a pack called Rosings. I was supposed to get a husband assigned and become a woman but they all vanished. Nobody even said a word" she figured explaining how she had come to leave Rosings would be better than just giving the name and that's it. Honesty was key even it made her look and sound pathetic. "I don't want any trouble, I really just want somewhere where i can feel at home and try to be of use." she said this genuinely, her eyes lifting almost imploringly toward the corners of the woman's eyes, not meeting them though they flicked to give her a quick respectful glance.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Rosings, Maegi repeated, having never heard of it. She wondered where it was, or how far the young woman had traveled so far. The 'husband assignment' part was even weirder, but she didn't mention it, merely nodding. Perhaps Lilah would tell her more about it with time.

At any rate, she didn't seem like the type to turn her coat. Meek, yes, but they weren't the fearsome Blackfeather of before, taking prisoners and killing innocents. They needed a whole host of skills and personalities to work; from what she had seen, Maegi was willing to take a chance on this girl.

All I ask for is your loyalty, she said firmly, giving the other a gimlet stare. I have been betrayed before, by those I considered close to my heart. I will not have that in my home. If you betray me, you will no longer live here. Do you understand?
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
I'm going to skip because it's been a week and my pm for permission was not responded to. This thread is kinda holding me up. If there is a problem let me know.

The woman repeated the name of the home that had never been, the people that had wounded her so deeply. "Yes ma'am" she said confirming it and then relaxed as the woman nodded and stated her terms. Loyalty....hadn't she given all her loyalty to Grayson? To Harrison and Addison and everyone else who abandoned her? Yet the girl stated that she too had been betrayed by those close to her and Lilah's eyes flashed with pain and empathy "Me too...you don't have to worry about me being a deserter" she said the words gently, unable to bring herself to confess undying loyalty but promising what she could, she would not abandon this place of darkness and the woman who ruled it even if she didn't make any friends.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
do you want to wrap this up, then? i owe you another thread between them--will get it up soon

She seemed true to her word—she seemed too sweet to be otherwise. In Maegi's experience, those who acted sly and learned tended to be the ones to turn foul. Lilah came off as neither of these things, and therefore, the Melonii was more willing to trust her, especially after the promise.

Okay, she said, after a beat of silent contemplation. You can stay here. Just be sure to contribute and stay true. I'm sure our paths will cross soon, but do you want a tour of the woods?

She lifted her brows in question, willing to offer it, even though a part of her wanted to retire to her den immediately. It was the leader-like thing to do, anyway.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The small stretch of silence lasted forever to Lilah, who feared she would never belong anywhere as she was practically useless even though she had surprised herself quite a few times when alone. Finally the judgement was given and she was surprised to find she passed the test and was allowed in. Her expression brightened and she couldn't help the relieved smile that flashed across her maw as she shook her head to politely decline the offer "No thank you. Not today at least, I wouldn't want to be a burden" she said and lifted a paw, hesitating before stepping over the borders of her new home. A part of her was relieved while another ached for at least one familiar face even if that face was Grayson Odolf himself. "Thank you for letting me in" the relief was evident in her tone and quite suddenly a wave of exhaustion and sadness came over her and all she wanted was to curl up somewhere hidden and release all the hidden pain "I'll go find myself a den if that's alright" she said and if permitted then she would head off. 

You can archive if you want! Thank you! I'm so so happy to be a part of bfw 2.0
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Oh, thank gods. Maegi nodded, watching the woman move further into the forest. She gave Sanguinus a kind, if impassive, look, before trailing after Lilah, following at a distance. Should she need assistance, Maegi could provide—

But eventually, all seemed well enough for the Melonii to split off and head toward Spiderlings' Glen, pleased with the knowledge that the woods under her leadership had a new resident.