Emberflame Ridge Runaway faith
Let's find a light inside our universe now
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
@Olive backdated to whenever this fits in your timeline

while her plans of going north had been cut short by her discovery of the bogs, Eilonwy's determination to see the world in a foreign tour all by herself had never changed. She turned west at the crossroads, bordering the thick swamps and the wetlands to find herself edging the mountains for days.

He journey took her to a beautiful forest, thick with aspens and poplars, blooming at the dawn of spring. Eilonwy went in blindly, looking up at the green ceiling formed by the deciduous tangle, dumbstruck by the beauty.

ok this sucks but I didn't want to keep you waiting any longer >w<

· ~ The biggest mistake I made was believing that if I cast a beautiful net, I’d catch only beautiful things ~ ·
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
A date of 4/18 would be awesome!

After many months of dormancy, Olive’s tendency to wander had risen once more — this time fierce and insatiable, whereas before it was quiet and easily swallowed. Now in the later weeks of her pregnancy, Olive kept her inclinations limited to those territories directly surrounding the willows, for sheer responsibility’s sake. The shrouded druid did not wish anything bad upon her or her children, though she was family certain that nothing ever could or would.

So the gravid woman took to exploring the peaks and ridges that fiercely protected her coven, as she had done many, many times at this point. She loved the feeling of having her home abreast on one side, and one the other a limitless expanse that simply begged to be explore. It was this dynamic pull of opposites that drew her forth, and happened her upon a young woman in the forest.

Olive strode forth, mesmerized by the stranger and her appreciation for the natural life that finally abounded around her. Carefully, she approached.
“Isn’t it so splendid?” the druid pondered sagely, wondering if she came off a smidge too pedantic. “It is fascinating that amongst the many purposes that arbors and flora have in this world, one of those is to simply to wow us with its prefecture.” aaaaan she just couldn’t stop herself.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Let's find a light inside our universe now
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
She was taken by surprise by an older woman who snapped her out of her trance with thoughtful, poetic words, and Eilonwy was left puzzled. However, after a couple seconds of silent review, she found that she absolutely agreed. Um... Yes, plants are always so beautiful, she said shyly, still a bit unsure about how she felt about the white woman and spooked from her sudden appearance.

However, reviewing once more the forest woman's comment Eilonwy remembered a conversation she had had with a certain girl about plants and their uses, and wondered whether she was being presented with an opportunity to expand on the topic. Do you know much about them? Their uses, I mean, at the very least she had totally boasted about being aware of 'the many purposes that arbors and flora have', hadn't she?

· ~ The biggest mistake I made was believing that if I cast a beautiful net, I’d catch only beautiful things ~ ·
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
‘older woman’ oh noooo

Olive had hoped not to startle the woman, as she sometimes knew those lost in a nature-inspired trance to be easily shocked. The woman received her just fine, even agreed with her musings about the nature of existence. Oh, how she loved it when people felt the same way about mother earth as she did! As if she wasn’t already, a honey-like smile slide across her features and she stepped closer, dipping her snout subtle to honor the communion in which they were taking part.

“I do,” she replied simply. To say anything else would be inaccurate. Her life’s studies had been dedicated to that of flora and the stars which existed beyond. Over the years, she had become quite knowledgable about the earth and its workings as a whole. When the druid was younger, she could only perceive these as whispers or dreams. Now, she knew how to apply her learnings for the betterment of wolfkind. Before, Olive had quiet an issue convincing others of the legitimacy of ecology or astrology.  Now, no one questioned her. 

“Is there something which you seek?” she inquired, canting her ivory dome to one time curiously. She listened carefully as the girl ask her many questions, and Olive did the best she could to provide her with the answers required. Then, with both of them a little more enlightened about the ways of the natural world, they parted ways and returned home.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams