Herbalists' Cache Remember When We Had Chocolate
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
All Welcome 

Sheri wanted to explore the place that Aure had spoken of. He wanted to make a garden or at least a cache, albeit it would have to be small as many plants were most likely to still be shoots. He didn't mind, though. Knowing what was available would be sufficient.

He was looking for anything needed for pregnant and nursing mothers. Borage Leaves weren't in season but perhaps the good weather they'd had would've brought forth some shoots. Raspberry leaves too for anyone who may be expecting. e hadn't had the chance yet to meet all the pack members but was sure he'd get to it. Myrto nestled comfortably in his thick scruff, enjoying the trip and his warmth. Today was a good day. 

He finally found what must be the Cache and entered, casting around immediately for anything of use. He doubted the Creek would have a store without a caregiver.
.。.:* ☆:**:.                                "Language of the Stars" "Common"                               .:**:.☆*.:。.
47 Posts
Ooc —
steals this since Brisbane has gone inactive, @Sherigrim

Memories of her chance encounter with the mist-pelted druid found her restless even in slumber, surfacing like a lost treasure displaced from the depths of her sleeping mind. They remained vivid even upon waking, when custard crown would rise from the fold of her slender forelegs with a start. So much so that Elve could no longer ignore the urgent whisper within that harried her to return to the setting of their fated meeting. 

With great haste did the Sami pull her wrap close about her slim shoulders, like the red maid of lore, and flee on fleet paws from the abandoned fox warren she had nested in. 

The witch would stumble as she attempted to locate the thicket where Sherigrim's gaze had first so gently brushed along her skin - ranging too far west in her first attempts. 

At last, when all hope seemed forsaken, the elf happened upon the correct strand of the Cache much by coincidence - as she did the Faery himself. 

The tine of a stag's antler was clutched betwixt her pale jaws, a gift for the druid who might find use for it as an athame of sorts, which prevented the tiny fae from speaking. Her feathered cream plume wagged joyfully at her hips, butterfly ears fluttering to rest against her skull neatly as a muffled whine escaped around the bone. 

Elve bent, resting the chunk of antler at her paws, straightening to direct a warm smile in the storm-born's direction. 

"T'is woman greets you, Druid," the golden aura would rasp gently, the warmth that was meant to truly be expressed in the sentiment of her people audibly present for once. 
To the moon and never back. 
"Common." "Uralic/Lapp."
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He was moseying about a bush and, of course, disturbing Myrto's nap and getting every scrap of foliage stuck and intertwined into his fur along the way. Great.

Footsteps caused him to lift his head, looking to see the girl that had been on his mis=nd for a few days. Elve. 
She gracefully floated closer and he stood there like a lard ass watching. She looked happier and seemed to carry a light with her today. He waved his tail in greeting to her, chuffing softly. He eyes the antler in her jaws. It looked useful.

He returned her smile, just as warm as the summer day his eyes were born from. "Ah. I missed you Elve." His eyes gave her a teasing glint, but it was true. "Whatcha got there?" He questioned, curiously stepping closer. Myrto was now perched atop his crown, squeaking a greeting to the fae woman.
.。.:* ☆:**:.                                "Language of the Stars" "Common"                               .:**:.☆*.:。.
47 Posts
Ooc —
Her head ducked at his teasing though a bashful smile had begun to creep onto her features. "An' I you," came the fae's purl, the reluctant shyness buried beneath the cadence of her tones indicative of honesty. Her thoughts had oft drifted to the man of magicks, Sherigrim's memory conjured by the slightest of triggers it seemed - the color of sky at dusk, a sprig of wildflowers the same hue as his eyes, the sight of mouse tracks upon the earth. 

The male's question drew her gaze downward, to the antler tine between her alabaster paws - as if just remembering it was there. 

"Oh! I foun' it," she blurted in recollection of the gift she'd brought for him. "I t'ought ya migh' like it." The elf bent once more, taking the segment of bone between her teeth, and padded to the summer wolf's side. 

Elve dropped it within his reach, curling gracefully upon her golden haunches as she waited for him to examine the piece with poorly-concealed excitement. 

"Ta Mog-urs use some-ting like it in t'eir craft," the whisper escaped of its own accord, a shadow clouding the girl's gaze briefly. 

A Medicine Woman might possess some magick but it was generally reserved for the ranks of the holy men, the Mog-urs she spoke of with such reverence. The majority of Sapmi knew little of the esoteric wisdom such men possessed and feared it for good reason - the spirits Elve had angered, the earthquake they sent to destroy her Clan amd take Laisse from her, all were magick. The cursed woman feared the Otherworld as much as her adoptive people, if not more. 

The wind stirred and Elve shivered slightly, forcing herself to remain present as she shook off the lingering prickle of discomfort.

A soft squeak from Sherigrim's pelt drew her attention and the woman smiled warmly when her eyes lighted upon his rodent familiar. 

"Myrto, I have missed you as well, my small friend," the former wife chirped in her native tongue, her rose of a nose extending to the tiny creature. 

"W'at 'ave you two been up-ta? W'at brings you back 'ere?" 
"Common." "Uralic/Lapp."
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
"I love it! Thanks Elve!" He grinned, his tail waving faster. He could use it to cut herbs and create patterns for divination. The possibilities! 

She seemed distant for a moment, his gaze turned questioning but before he could open his big trap she spoke to Myrto in an incomprehensible language. Was it the language that other creatures spoke? He had to find out one day.

A question came to him and he snapped out of his thought. "I've been busy working in the pack and collecting herbs. I was actually hoping to see you again..." He fell quiet, gazing at the sylph. The radiating beauty seemed to infect his mind. The stars...what they said.

He leaned forward and planted a kiss on Elve's cheek.

He retreated slowly, lingering in her space for a moment before realising what he did. Sheri stood, frightened he'd done something wrong. He started to apologize, mostly incoherently, in his panic.
47 Posts
Ooc —
The elfen woman felt heat color her cheeks, her golden crown dipping bashfully as she murmured a soft, "Yer welcome." Her feathery plume swept in small waves; Sherigrim made giving presents fun with his reactions. 

"Oh," she wisped shyly, tail wagging anew. "I was 'oping to see you too.." Elve trailed off, silenced by the tender kiss he placed on her scarred cheek. 

Elve gazed at him openly as he pulled back, struck vulnerably by the gentle movement. She blinked, coming back to herself as the Druid abruptly stood and stuttered out apologies. 

"I's alrigh', Sherigrim," she soothed softly beneath her breath, offering him a shaky smile. 

A thought had taken hold of her, one that made her more nervous than she'd ever been in her whole life. 

"Do you 'ave a wife?" Elve asked softly, seeing no better way than directly asking. It was not for a woman to ask but she had no male relative to approach the matter on her behalf - she must seek her own suitor without even the aid of a leader.
"Common." "Uralic/Lapp."
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He shook his head at her quiet effort of consoling. It was wrong, he shouldn't've done that.
"No. I should have asked you." His tone was firm, but not harsh and loud. "I'm sorry." His eyes dipped away, bowing his head slightly.

So bashful, yet so regretful. He hated to make people uncomfortable with his actions, his only drawback. However, it is what makes him compassionate and not rampant and selfish.

His eyes found those beautiful, tropical oceans full of life and beauty trapped in the depthless orbs she possessed. He shook his head again. He'd not really fallen in love before. Crushes, of course, and love for his Family in the distant land he left behind and the scattered family of Arenraith; one he'd likely not return to. 

"Why'd you ask?" Surely she didn't think he'd have another admiration in these lands.
47 Posts
Ooc —
While she had been surprised, she could not say she was offended by his unsactioned affection - it was the norm in Sapmi. Any man who felt a need come upon him might take any woman of age he desired, though most kept to their wives. Even the Chief's wife (if there was no other woman) would be summoned to avail the male lest he be forced to spill his seed upon the ground. 

Still, the shaman sensed that it was important to him that he apologize. The elf dipped her head, gracefully conceding. "I forgive ye," she whispered beneath her breath reassuringly, smiling gently in his direction. There was nothing to forgive in truth; she'd enjoyed the soft warmth his kiss inspired. 

As he turned, answering with a question of his own, to study her marred features, Elve turned away - overcome with sudden anxiety. 

"Because..," she trailed off in a breathy wisp, calling upon her Totem to strengthen her spirit, "..because, I woul' very much like ta speak wit' yer Chief about becoming yer wife, given t'at ya 'ave no objections to ta idea, of course." 

The gypsy turned back to him then, studying his face with bated breath for a reaction - ocean eyes open and hopeful. 
"Common." "Uralic/Lapp."
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
His head tilted, eyes searching for her face. What could possibly be so dire and mind consuming to make her pull the air taut with her anxiety?

'Supruga. Parnjak.' The whispers came from within his mind. 

Her dainty muzzle turned to him again. "I-I.."He stuttered, trying to find the right words for her. "I would like that...very much...but I barely know you, Elve." He stepped closer again, "but I wouldn't miss a chance to get to know you." He gave her another of those soft, warm smiles that held trust and promises.

He brushed another kiss to her opposite cheek, hoping she wouldn't mind this time either.

"Come with me to Swiftcurrent Creek. You can help me and we can spend more time together." His eyes glinted with happiness. He really, really liked her. He hoped Bee would too, whenever they met again.
47 Posts
Ooc —
He sputtered soft agreements and Elve was unable to restrain her joy. A shy smile grew upon her features, her feathery tail picked up an invigorated wag. 

But..

Her gaze rose to his, muscles tensing and heart seizing with fear as it seemed to stop beating within the cage of her chest. The Sami prepared herself to hear the worst - that his Clan was unwilling to allow their males mingle with half-breeds, that another had captured his heart already. 

Elve was pleasantly surprised and greatly relieved as he revealed his desire to court rather than marry. Her tail, which had frozen in wariness, took up its joyful sway once more. 

It was not exactly a 'no', it was a promising answer and even she agreed silently that it might be fitting for them to grow to know one another better before tying the knot. 

Her face turned upwards, as if to recieve gentle rain, accepting the Druid's kiss eagerly. She brushed her lips against his features gently as he withdrew, the soft pass of his face against her own lighting her features afire. 

"Alrigh'," the cursed woman whispered in agreement, smiling in excitement and nervousness. Would his Clan be willing to take her - disowned and plagued by death, half-breed that she was?

Elve shifted, tugging her wrap close as she looked to Sherigrim in wait, as if to say - do we go now? 
"Common." "Uralic/Lapp."
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He bathed in that brief moment where she returned the soft touch as he withdrew; as short as the time was he extended it to hours like he could live with her touch forever. He might.

The thought excited him. He bent to pick up Myrto and the gift of antler and inclined his head for them, the joy in his eyes radiating through his body, turning his brushtail into a whirlwind. He set off at a slow pace, letting her decide how fast they went. Perhaps they'd run as fast as the gyrfalcons dive, or amble as slowly as an old elk. Either way, he'd be the happiest wolf in Teekon because he was with Elve.
47 Posts
Ooc —
She fell into step by the Faery's side, a smile gracing her scarred features as his infectious joy spread to her. She laughed softly, overcome with giddiness as she tipped her head against his shoulder briefly, lovingly. 

It was not at all the somber trip that had led her through Sapmi at Raikseiû's side, trembling blonde girlchild guided into her marital bed with the sense of giving up her very life. 

Still, a new anxiety gripped her as they turned for Swiftcurrent Creek - thinking of the unknown pack she would soon meet and the new life that possibly awaited her. 
"Common." "Uralic/Lapp."