Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Where the hell was @Tegan? Towhee had expected him back days ago now. You're a fuckin' leader now, you tool, she thought toward him, though there wasn't any heat to the words, even inside her own head. She was a little annoyed but she was mostly worried. She knew about Bat's plans and suddenly feared that Tegan had either taken it either so well or so poorly, he'd absconded too.

"No fucking way," Towhee said to X, who clacked his beak soundlessly beside her ear as she strode around the borders. "Dude just got the promotion he's been jonesing for. He wouldn't just..." She flashed back to his behavior after Bat's apparent death and swallowed whatever else she'd been about to say. Yeah, she was officially fucking concerned now.

There were a few reasons why she wasn't going to take off to look for him herself. But none of them applied to the hawk. "Go," she sighed, rolling to a stop as X took wing and flapped higher and higher, then circled a few times before choosing a direction and disappearing into the distance.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Phox spent most of his time hunting for Camilla and generally keeping her calm. Raven had told him it was important that she not freak out.

At least that's what kind of advice I'd expect her to give. Behind the scenes stuff is tricky, ok? Anyway, back to the post!

Between caring for Camilla and hanging out with Towhee, Phox was pretty much booked up as far as socializing went. He saw others come and go from time to time, but he didn't say anything more than a passing hello or a quick nod. Usually these passings were done with a mouth full of rabbit or fox in his mouth, on his way to Camilla.

He had just brought her another one, which she devoured quickly, and once she was resting and comfortable (or at least as comfortable as she could be in her state), he wandered off. The young father-to-be was exhausted, but when he heard Towhee talking to X, he couldn't help but let his feet take him her way.

Hey sis, he said, trying to remember if he ever called her "sis" ever before in his existence. Where's X heading off to?
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She stared after him a while after he'd disappeared. When she turned, she startled when she saw Phox standing a few feet away. "Fuck!" Towhee yelled, curling her lip at him in an entirely insincere way. Good thing it was her brother and not an enemy of some sort.

"He's gone toward Lost Creek Hollow to look for Tegan. He's been gone too long, it's doing me a concern." Towhee sighed, then changed the subject and asked, "What're you up to, dad?"
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Phox grinned at her explicit exclamation. He hadn't intended to sneak up on her, but even when it was intentional, it was just a little bit amusing. Towhee was apparently concerned about Tegan, and Phox frowned at something happening to the fellow Redhawk, but they'd never been particularly close or anything. Tegan was an adult, and Phox figured he could look after himself. Maybe he'd pulled a Phox and run off without telling anybody. Phox kept those thoughts to himself.

Just feeding Camilla these days. I didn't realize how much she was going to eat. I'm starting to wonder how I'm going to handle feeding her and however many kids we end up having. He already felt like he was struggling to keep up with Camilla's demands, but maybe it would get easier once she gave birth. Spoiler: it wouldn't.
player preferences
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She bit at her lip when Phox mentioned feeding Camilla. Judging by how swole she'd gotten, he was definitely doing a good job keeping her fed. Or maybe she was just that full of puppies. Towhee thought back on her recent encounter with her sister-in-law and could only think that Phox was going to have his hands full.

"I'm here to help," Towhee reminded him with a swish of her tail. "My hunting skills are nothing to write home about but I'm happy to nab some food when I can. We could do that now, if you're not busy."

Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Oh, a hunt! Phox did much of this behind the scenes, but that doesn't count toward trades. That would be great! he said, brightening a bit to show his enthusiasm. I think I smelled some rabbits over that way, he said, using his muzzle to point to the vague location he was talking about. Small game was his specialty, and he spent many hours of his day tracking and catching food to fill the caches around the plateau.

Today, he'd have his sister helping.
player preferences
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He responded enthusiastically, earning a grin from Towhee. She did her variation of listening (watching his lips carefully) as he mentioned rabbits. He pointed in an arbitrary direction, then seemed to wait for her feedback before proceeding.

"We should make a game of it," she proposed out of the blue. "Like, see who can catch the most rabbits by the end of the day. I'll probably lose horribly but it should be fun, right?" It would also be a good and productive way to spend her time, rather than worrying about Tegan.

Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
She agreed, mentioning that she probably wouldn't be any good at it. Not that knowing that would cause him any amount of guilt if he won. Then again, Phox had never been terribly competitive to begin with. They ended up getting a good haul, and although he didn't keep count, it was pretty obvious he'd caught the lion's share of the food. Camilla would be be fatter than ever!
player preferences