Duck Lake 'I've been pissing off all the neighbours'
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@LunaHeart i am so sorry for the wait, I've been sick as a tick all weekend long but here you go!

The day found her over the mountains, exploring the lands to the east before the duties of leadership truly confined her to the Vale. 

The grove of aspen was welcoming, the perfume of wild things intermingled with that of fresh produce. The healer was unsure if she desired to search for herbs or if she wanted to attempt a hunt. 

Deciding to make the most of her foray, she determined silently that she would first look for any valuable plants before tracking some game. 

Settling on her haunches near an alder tree - the pale slyph reared back on her remaining hind leg with care. The fae was required to support her weight against the trunk, lest she topple over on her side or back. 

She scratched at the bark, working at it with her teeth to free some of the woody fiber for it was well known that alder bark helped with tooth ailments.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

13 Posts
Ooc —
It's okay! Real life comes before role-play after all :) I'm also sorry for taking such a long time :0

LunaHeart had been exploring nonstop for days, and she found herself in an aspen grove.
She often liked to smell all of the forest smells, and today was no different. She breathed in,
taking in all of the forest scents, wild, and a bit herby. There were many interesting plants, 
nestled beside the trees, and under leafy bushes.

Soon, LunaHeart noticed another wolf, small and snowy white, her body littered in scars,
she could barely suppress a gasp when she saw that the tiny white wolf was missing
a hind leg, but her facial expression showed her shock. LunaHeart quietly padded towards
the snowy wolf, but hanging back. She watched as the snow wolf scratched at the bark.
LunaHeart padded closer. "Do you need any help?" she offered, looking around at all of
the plants, "Cause, I can help if you need me to..." LunaHeart trailed off, feeling shy and
awkward. She moved her gaze back to the snowy wolf, waiting for her response.
"Speaking" 'Thinking'
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The northron dropped onto all three, turning to face the silvery stranger as she came onto the scene with an offer of assistance. 

The healer could visibly see that the moonglow girl felt uncomfortable and smiled kindly in an effort to put her at ease. 

"Greetings! I'm Liri, I would love some help," she agreed enthusiatically after she had set aside the meager mouthful of cambium she had already gathered. 

"Alder bark is quite useful for dental ailments," she indulged as she turned back to the tree in a familiar tone - as if she and LunaHeart were already good friends. 

13 Posts
Ooc —
I'm sorry for taking so long, I've been busy with other things :0

LunaHeart was comforted by the snow wolf's warm smile, and couldn't help smiling in return. Alder bark, for dental ailments. LunaHeart tried to memorize it, as she knew that this would be useful in the future. "Nice to meet you, I'm LunaHeart." LunaHeart swayed her tail as she made her way towards the alder tree to help Liri with the bark.

LunaHeart sat up on her haunches, and scratched at the alder bark clumsily, hoping she wasn't messing up in some way. She tried to pry off the bark, Uhm, I think I'm being too gentle... LunaHeart sped up, and accidentally tore off a large piece of bark. "Uhm... is this good..?" LunaHeart looked over at Liri and held up the large piece of bark.
"Speaking" 'Thinking'
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The healer paused in her scrabbling and gnawing - vaguely chagrined as she realized she had bypassed introductions. She turned an impish grin upon her companion and rasped a soft, "Liri Blackfoot," before returning to her work. 

The section she had carved within the bark was on the brink of popping free but...she...just...couldn't...get it loose! With a straining pry, it broke from the trunk and the sylph was sent toppling backwards with a mouthful of alder. 

Liri sat up, pulling the bark from her fangs with the assistance of an ivory paw. Tail wagging, her ears pricked as LunaHeart's fell upon them - only slightly embarrassed. 

"Uh huh, exactly," Liri confirmed with a dip of her crown, rising to help the ash-pelted she-wolf.