The Heartwood I'm a cold soul, I roll solo
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 
After checking in with Damien and spending a couple days within the borders of their temporary claim, Midar had set out again, intent on finding someone of value to invite to join their pack. This time, he headed west into the scorched forest that hugged their own borders. He had honestly dismissed the burned woods as a viable option simply because he couldn't imagine many spent much time here. But, he wanted this trip to be short, thoughts of his mate and guarding their claim tethering him to the hollow, and so he had decided to give the ghostly forest a chance.

He padded quietly through the charred remains of the forest, the dark of night casting him in shadow and hiding his prowling form aside from the occasional flash of raven coat in the moonlight. His keen gaze scanned his surroundings as he moved, looking for even the slightest hint that he wasn't alone in the dark.
Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts
What wicked little twist of fate placed you here upon my plate? Here where no one hears your cries?
176 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
He was by nature a transient being, both physically and mentally. He had no goal or true purpose other than surviving as long as he could. Only a few constants remained outside of his bloodlust: a few people who managed to escape his teeth, his sire, the few other vampires he had met, and his family.

He had not seen many of them since he was banished. He had met his father here in Teekon Wilds, briefly. It did not mean as much to him as he thought it would. His father had been alive. Perhaps he was dead now. Such it was.

Such it was that this forest, which he once remembered as green and flourishing, was burnt and blackened by fire. It seemed like this had been long ago, but recently enough that the ash and soot still burnt the air. In the darkness of night the forest's charred skeleton was eerie, with claw like appendages reaching out from the ground and rake the air. It reminded him of home. Of a childhood long ago.

Wolf scent slunk through the ash, bolstered by many and strong claims. He was near a territory. No, it was more than that. Someone was nearby. Athan froze and scanned the air, searching for movement in the blackened shadows.
WARNING! this boy thinks hes a vampire. regardless of the validity of this, he does get a weird kick out of biting wolves and drinking their blood and just blood in general... He considers most wolves his potential prey, and is liable to attack at random if he believes he can take down a wolf.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
For a while, he continued his search in solitude, finding no evidence that someone had been here even recently. He was considering turning around and returning home, but the need to not do so empty handed had him pressing forward through the forest remains. 

When he caught the fresh scent of another, he froze, lifting his head and searching the darkness for a glint of eyes or flash of fur but saw nothing. So, the beast lowered his head again, drawing in the scent and moving forward, intent on finding its source; he was curious to see who else lurked in the darkness.
What wicked little twist of fate placed you here upon my plate? Here where no one hears your cries?
176 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
He could hear nothing after the initial rustling, and the wind was not in his favor. But Athan quickly got the sense that something was in the dark. Or someone.

He was no creature of the night; the daytime was as much his home as the darkness. Either provided acceptable hunting for the strigoi. But he could not help but feel uncomfortable with the knowledge that he was near someone's territory and they had the homefield advantage, even though the dark shrouded them both.

So Athan paused, content on standing his ground rather than blustering into the dark, possibly into the hands of a wolf intent on chasing him out. If you're looking for me, I'm here, he said to the dark.
WARNING! this boy thinks hes a vampire. regardless of the validity of this, he does get a weird kick out of biting wolves and drinking their blood and just blood in general... He considers most wolves his potential prey, and is liable to attack at random if he believes he can take down a wolf.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He froze at the other man's words, gaze searching the darkness for the source of the sound. Then show yourself, the beast answered, unable to keep a hint of a growl from his voice. This felt like some kind of game to him, and he had little patience for such things. If the stranger wanted a fight, then Midar would gladly give him one, especially if he insisted on speaking to him from wherever he was hiding. And if he wanted something else, then the beast was willing to hear him out, but he refused to speak to the darkness; he wanted to see to whom he was speaking--read his expression and body language for and subtle clues to his intentions here and make sure they matched whatever words he gave him.
176 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
The creature in the dark was still unrevealed to him in form, though the man spoke back in response. Athan chuckled at his response, suddenly realizing the situation they were currently in. A venerable game of Marco Polo it was. I don't even know where you are, he admitted. The environment was against both of them, it seemed. Tell you what. You keep talking and I'll walk towards your voice. I'll do the same. He lifted his foot uncertainly, unsure of what direction he should go towards first. I don't think we need to be hostile towards one another, Right now, he thought.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He released a frustrated sigh. This all seemed ridiculous to him, but he'd do whatever would show the other wolf to him. So, he turned and began to move towards the sound of the stranger's voice. I think we're close, he said while he walked. The other man's voice didn't seem very far away. He tried to ignore that this went against every part of him and continue walking in the dark towards the strange wolf.

He saw an area ahead where the trees parted to allow moonlight inside to illuminate the darkness. Midar made his way over there and stopped, light glinting off his blue black fur as he searched the trees around him for movement. We should be able to see each other here, he said to the darkness. Surely the stranger was close by now.