Sun Mote Copse We are legion
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Niamh felt a bit better, and a little less ridiculous when Wildfire validated her feelings. She figured others might find it silly, to put up such a fuss of something as simple as a title, but it was something that was important to Niamh. It made things simpler, and in a way, made her feel like things were more permanent. Then again- she had been a Blackthorn once before and had had that surname removed when she'd been an idiot- so there really wasn't anything saying that getting it back would be a sure thing either. But one thing had changed for sure- Niamh knew where her priorities were, and wanted to be acknowledged for it. And she wanted a simple, strong surname to give her kids. Not some three-name-long string, as she would otherwise have to do. 

"I will. I just don't wanna make him ask me because I'm making him. I want it to be his idea." She said, and shrugged. "Kinda needy, I know. But I don't wanna be pushy." She said, hoping that that made sense. This was probably why males thought females were so complicated- they were expected to be able to read their minds. 

Niamh snickered lightly at the nickname that Wildfire gave for Finley- one that was relatively new to her, as Finley had never referred to herself as such to Niamh- but nodded and sat up. "Sure. I didn't know you called her Flea, though," She said with a smile. "Dunno if she'd take kindly to me calling her that...Her nickname for me is Legs." She said as she stood up, as though to illustrate why- though the length of her legs seemed a bit lessened by her belly, which sagged down more than it normally did. "Oughta be called 'Guts'" She joked.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She didn't even realize she'd used the pet name until Niamh reacted to it. She seemed to know who Wildfire meant and the Sovereign could only smile warmly. "I've called her that my whole life, starting when I was a wee bab." She shook her head lightly at the woman's other comments. Hot mama's more like it, she thought and blushed furiously beneath her red fur coat.

Clearing her throat, Wildfire began moving in the direction of the Honorees' den. "I'm sure Aunt Flea will be able to get your mind of all the pitfalls of pregnancy," she mused with a smile on her lips, "c'mon."

You're welcome to wrap this.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
We don't have to- if you wanna keep 'er going so you get Wifi to 3000?

With Wildfire's explanation, Niamh assumed that the nickname was simply a mispronunciation, not one of the typical Blackthorn nicknames given based on a physical characteristic or trait. Finley wasn't a very large wolf, so it might've made sense for her to be called Flea- but it wasn't exactly the most flattering nickname...So simply mistaking "Finley" for "F'ley" with puppy speech seemed the more likely cause. "Hmm," She responded softly, thoughtfully. "That's cute." She remarked. 

They set off, and Niamh shook her head when Wildfire mentioned that Finley could cure her of her doubtful feelings. "Oh, I've already bothered her about it," She laughed. "I think I'll be OK...I really appreciate you being so...Supportive, Wildfire." She said, casting an appreciative glance toward the redhead as she spoke.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
I think I'm all set with the rest of my threads; finally ready to start paring down! *sniffs* So this'll be my last. :')

"You will be okay," the Sovereign assured Niamh as they made their way in the direction of the Blackthorns' humble abode. "You'll be more than okay. Soon, you'll be a mother and, I'm sure, a wife too. All the pieces will fall into place in time." She dared to brush her muzzle alongside her comrade's, doing her best to ignore the beat her heart skipped. "And it's my pleasure to be here for you." Truly.

Favoring the blonde Tradesman with a soft smile, Wildfire soon faced forward, eyes hungry for the sight of her expectant godmother.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
<3

Wildfire was a gem. She was different than Towhee was- but that didn't make Niamh like her any less for not being similar to her best friend. All things considered, given that Wildfire and Towhee were sisters, they differed quite a bit- but she could definitely pick out some similarities between Wildfire and Raven, in that she was gentle and caring. She had a nurturing touch, that Niamh leaned into for a moment before she offered her friend a weak but earnest smile, and continued on alongside her, content to enjoy her company as they made their way toward Finley's abode.