Shadewood I remember when
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Private 

"Do you, Minori Matsuyo take Higoro Nakamura as your life mate, as your other half, your equal? Do you promise to cherish him forever? And Higoro, do you promise the same?" 

Her father spoke in his usual firm tone though there was a warmth she had rarely ever heard in his tone. She nodded feeling for the first time like a shy virginal young girl and earned a sharp look from her father "Yes, I take him as my soulmate and I promise to cherish him forever" she corrected herself in a whisper, glancing up at Higoro as he repeated the same while smiling intently at her. "Then I declare you soulmates, bound for life. Where one goes the other shall follow even in death"  the words were spoken seriously, for such a matter was the most serious of things. In her homeland mateship was the ultimate show of devotion. She stepped forward and pressed her nose to Higoro's chest right where his heart was. She was his and she knew he would never harm her. 

She woke with a gasp, her eyes tearing up and tears falling down her fur. It was a drugged dream of what had happened only weeks before he betrayed her. But why would she dream of it now while her newborn son slept soundly against her breast? Suddenly she felt the need to escape and called Issun who readily took over, asking what was wrong. She remained silent and ignored his presence, kissing Deku goodbye and running off. Why did she dream of these things when despite how much she currently disliked her mate, she still loved him?

Perhaps it was because his betrayal had caused her to hesitate in her love. She had almost told him they were through and ever since she had harbored doubts about Issun.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
61 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Okay, fixed, so Higoro gonna know about pups for time sake and this post probably should be forward dated to now. 

Perhaps it was pure coincidence or someone playing a practical joke but Higoros mind was on the same day. Details swirled around his mind like a hurricane amidst a typhoon, emotion ran rampant within his heart, damaging but warming it at the same time. It was a toxic swirl of love and heartbreak, all for one woman. Not to mention a reminder of what he lost. What he did was such a cowardly, bastardly, betrayal and he knew it. Frankly he doubted forgiveness would ever show its graceful presence. Nor would he likely ever see those same eyes cast and shower him with looks of pure love. That day, was by far the best of his life and there wasn't a shred of doubt in his mind it would remain that way for life.

Wanting to rid his mind of painful memories Higor took to his feet, trotting down the border. Keeping a watchful eye for intruders or border stalkers. There were pups to protect, even if he wasn't particularly fond of the pups, they're Minoris' which meant he had a duty to protect them. Even at the cost of his life, maybe in death will she forgive him. Either that or rejoice. Higoro violently shook his head, doing his best to physically remove thoughts from his own mind. He continued down the border, checking scents and even hunting down a large Raccoon. By the nape of its neck he carried it as he carried on with border patrol.

He was just about finished, maybe another mile or two when he heard panting. His ears pricked and his body stiffened, hackles soon to follow. The male had forgotten about plump raccoon within his maw until his jaw clenched, blood oozed from the dead things body. However Higoro kept a hold and stalked his way towards the panting. He didn't expect Minori, of all wolves, to be out here. As delighted and relieved as he was, it was all quickly replaced with concern. He dropped the raccoon and hustled over to the female, worry etched into his features but it was held back and reserved. So was his stance, the distance he kept between him and her was significant. He learned his lesson, "Minori," he said, sounding concerned, "Is everything okay?"
No honour among thieves 
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
She withheld a scream of frustration as the last person she needed around her showed up. She sucked in a deep breath and looked up at him, her eyes shining liked a deep pool of fucked up emotion "No" she croaked out softly "Apparently I am cursed to always be betrayed, I lost my best friend...or I think I have, I made an ass of myself in front of Cry for you of all people!" it all flooded out in a choked, tight voice that kept switching from anger to despair. She licked her maw and stared at the air above his back as her eyes filled with more tears that she fought back. He had only seen her cry two times, the first when her little brother was born and the second was when a particularly close friend had died. The world spun around her and she felt whoozy as the poppies made a second appearance "And the worst thing is that all the memories of home and how things were always perfect there until you fucked everything up keep plaguing me. See the thing is, if my own mate and best friend betrayed me and I'm thinking of just forgiving them then why not you right?" she rambled in a passionate drugged rage. Something snapped inside of her and she rushed over the borders, pressing her nose to his neck. The moment they touched she closed her eyes and breathed him in and tears dripped free as she realised he smelled of home "Consider yourself forgiven" she whispered and stepped back refusing to look at him.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
61 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Yeeesss the plot thickens by 100

From Higoros perspective, Minori looked war torn but more notably, heartbroken. Higoro kept the space between them and stayed quiet as she vented her frustrations. Memories of very similar experiences flashed briefly through his mind, they brought forth nostalgia, causing a few beats of his heart to pound with purpose and joy. However hearing Minori rant on about his betrayal caused a complete 180 in emotion. His ears flattened, tail sunk but his head remained high, fighting off any urge to slink away like the coward he once was. No he was going to stand there and take the reprimand like he deserved. Minori deserved that much at the least. His ears managed to flatten further, agaisnt all odds as she continued on her rant and his tail almost hiding between his legs. Guilt tore him down like a bear mauling a deer, leaving nothing of his usual confident self left.

The guilt screeched to a sudden halt when forgiveness was thrown into the mix. His ears perked at the word and his tail lifted from its cowering. Then the unbelievable happened, Minori forgave him. She actually forgave him! He couldn't believe it, his tail was wagging uncontrollably and his facial features looked light and happy, he was even smiling. Thats not even the best part, she did the thing. The thing that was, and clearly still is, his favorite, her affection. It felt so different from all that he had felt throughout the past years, affection, kindness. His heart raced like a love struck teen, and yearned for him to return the affection and dear god did Higoro give in and melt into her. He couldn't stop himself, his hidden emotions came out in full force and he gave his full affections. His muzzle nuzzling into the fur on her neck, a soft, quiet whine escaped. He realized in that short moment that he still very much loved her, his heart never stopped pinning for her. He wanted to tell her, he needed to but he can't. He shouldn't at least. 

Coming down off the high that was his love for her he stepped back, putting even more distance than before between. "Thank you for forgiving me Minori, I promise you I won't make the same mistake." He kept his voice low, and kept his eye contact to a minimum. He felt he had stepped over the line far enough with what he did, he didn't want to make things worse but his eyes told a story of heartache. Heartache from the fact that he will forever love her and never be able to love her the way he should've long ago. In truth he wanted to cry but he'd never cried in front of Minori before and he wasn't about to change that. Instead, he swallowed hard and fought his tears like he fought in battle but this battle was much harder than any others he had ever faced.
No honour among thieves 
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori was shocked when her heart did a slight by still noticeable skip when she realised she had a chance to stop hating him here. Hadn't she really just ached for her best friend who she had trusted with everything all along? Of course she had but broken trust was a bitch to fix and it still wasn't repaired though the fact that he hadn't given up when Cry had ordered him to remain an outsider kind of pleased her a bit. "Don't thank me. Don't promise anything. Just do. It won't be me you betray this time, it'll be Cry. It's him who I listen to Higoro. You must do as he says even if he's..." she paused thinking for the right word. Cry had changed into something darker...stronger lately but she didn't think he meant bad "Even if he's a bit harsh. He only wants the best of the best here. He's very protective of our keep" she said and by the softening of her tone it was clear she had taken this place as her home too. She shifted and looked down "If you see Issun, Please just...don't speak to him. I don't need any more problems with him" she requested this since he was on the borders, bound to run into the members still able to patrol at least once.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
61 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Higoro was selfish, charming, snarky, rude, sometimes downright mean but to Minori? He was loving, caring, protective, perhaps a dash of possessive and jealous of her. Now more so than ever with her mate Issun and their children but as luck would have it. Issun fucked up and cheated, maybe? Higoro could only hope, it would be an excuse to kick his ass and win Minori back. The selfish male definitely had no problem using Minoris' betraying lover to his advantage but there was something in his heart, a twinge of emotion. Of what? Guilt. 'Shit'. Higoro mentally shrugged it off and focused back on his love."I'll do as he asks, but do not expect me to ever be buddy buddy with him," Higoro scoffed, "As if he'd ever be friends with me in the first place but that's besides the point." In truth, Cry seemed like a great candidate for a friend. He was a massive ass, and a bull headed one at that. They were practically perfect for each other. 

Issun was a whole nother infuriating matter, he wanted to give that no good son of an ass a piece of his mind. 'Issun, what a despicable name. Assun fit him much better.' A small smile crept up on his lips but was quickly pushed away, not daring to give away his fun little nickname just yet. Higoro shook his head and cleared his throat, "Minori, I care about you, as hard as that may be to believe, I do. If Issun hurt you, in any way, shape or form. I can't just let him get away with that.." His voice faded in the end, his heart pounded and raced, he needed to tell her how he felt. To hell with keeping it a secret! Higoros features softened, and he walked towards her in a gentle manner, his honey yellow eyes locking with hers. His own was gentle, and pleaded for her to not to be upset, almost mourful looking. "I need to tell you that I -- Minori I love you and I cannot let him hurt you. I don't know exactly what he did but whatever it is, its not right!" By this point Higoro was considerably closer to Minori now, just a step away from giving her something he's wanted to since that fateful day.

There was so much swirling within his mind, what on earth was he doing? He didn't know. Leave it to Minori to bring out the best in him (or worst).
No honour among thieves 
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
"If you have that attitude you won't even be allowed inside tbe borders" she scolded him but sighed and nodded. He was right, the way he had acted in front of Cry had probably ruined any chance of ever being actually appreciated by the male. There was a pause of silence and she lifted her seafoam gaze to his, studying the gold of his eyes, those eyes that always betrayed the emotions he could hide so well otherwise. Her ears perked as he began to speak on Issun and she immediately began to close back up, her walls rising slowly with each word he spoke. A low growl left her maw and while she held his gaze she backed up when he stepped forrward, ears going back.

"I love you minori.." why did everyone love her?

"Minmin...I love you..I'm sorry" Takara's voice haunted her thoughts and she snorted bitterly. Hadnt she pretty much done the same to Issun, at least in her heart? By falling for the chocolate furred beauty that gave birth to her mate's spawn? "Higoro....We all messed up. I made a mistake too" she whispered at the sudden, striking realisation that she was a clusterfuck of old feelings, new feelings, and pent up held back feelings. She growled though it was a frustrated and guilty sound "I have a wandering heart. How can i blame him for having a wandering dick? Why blame him for screwing Takara when I fell in love with her? When I'm struggling not to reminisce in my feelings for you?" the words slipped out before she could catch them and she gasped, eyes going wide "Don't try anything. I said i forgave you and despite...despite what was just said that doesn't mean I will tolerate you hitting on me. I don't know what's going to happen to me and Issun, I don't know what I'm going to do about loving Takara, but i do know i am not ready to even think about loving you" it was brutal but honest.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
61 Posts
Ooc — Espero
The snort that came from Minori sent Higoro back a step, and for a moment his ears laid flat against his head and his expression changed to pain. However Higoro was quick to wipe away any evidence of his hurt and put up an expressionless wall, even taking a few large steps back. Regret was swift to beat shame to the punch and began hammering on the males mind, but a little shame slipped through the cracks. Albeit, learning of Issuns betrayal still sparked a sense of urgency. One of revenge and a lesson to be taught, a bloody lesson. "Falling for another is one thing, but cheating? Cheating is a disgusting act. There is absolutely NO, excuse for cheating. He should be taught a lesson Minori, leave him!" He demanded, his voice rife with anger. Selfishness slipped in, and he continued to fight hard for Minori and Issun to split, saying; "If he cheated once, if he didn't have the guts to stay true or at the very least be honest with you. Then what makes you think he's going to stay loyal?" It wasn't all out of selfishness, Higoro had a point and he knew he did but there was of course the added benefit of having a chance of getting back together with her. Or so he hoped.
No honour among thieves 
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
She found it funny that it was him of all wolves speaking logic into her brain, logic that also reminded her of his betrayal though for once she kept that hidden, didn't rub it in his face. Instead she let his words sink in and as they did a look of deep pain came across her expression. If he had been with Takara, who knew how many other women he had lain with? How many he would lay with in the future? She wouldn't know about them either because on top of a cheater, he was a liar. It killed her to realise that her sweet, loyal Issun wasn't at all who she had thought him to be. "I gave up a good home for him. Betrayed the alphas I promised my loyalty to. Swore myself to him for as long as we'd live" she whispered staring at the ground "And he took it all for granted. But what if this really was a mistake? What if he was just...stressed and had a lapse of self control?" she asked him, her tone almost begging him to agree with her, to save her the pain of realising that once again love had broken her heart. "And Takara....she seems just as broken as I am if not more. I love her too...I owe her a chance to explain before I..." her voice broke and she closed her maw, fighting tears.

She looked up into his eyes the expression on her face was heartbreakingly similar to the one she wore when he had betrayed her years ago, a raw, open look of tortured sadness instead of the regal and fierce look she normally carried. "I have a child with him Higoro. You won't understand until you have children too. He's still a baby, he won't understand why his momma and daddy are fighting, why we aren't together" she knew it was just an excuse though, that her sweet little Deku would do his best to understand because he was a good child. She decided to change the subject "Why are you saying this Higoro? Because you want me back? Or because you're my friend? We aren't getting back together" her heart squeezed, a strange ache startling her and she looked away "I may have forgiven but I still don't trust you. You have to understand how long we've been apart...I had almost let go of the past. I fell for Issun and now Takara and she'll come first always" there..
She had said it. She wanted to take the chocolate furred woman for herself.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
61 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Minori was in a bargain phase, trying to make some sense as to why her mate cheated and Higoro didn't blame her. She had been burned twice, by two different mates. Either she loved bad wolves, or bad wolves loved her. The former looked to be the case. Minori gave up so much for him, and his betrayal meaned so little to her that she was willing to give him a chance? Higoro huffed, his brows furrowing in anger, along with a tone that got much harsher. "I get you're in denial and trying to make sense of cheaters but there is no such thing. If he couldn't do the honorable thing and tell you about his failure as a mate. Then what good is he?" He questioned. Irony was painfully present in his words, like a whole damn irony wolf was next to him. "And before you say anything, I know. Pot calling the kettle black." He said reluctantly. Higoro swore, his betrayal would be the death of him some day. 

The reminder of their child sent disgusted shivers down his spine, Higoro couldn't stomach the thought of his love being with someone else in thay way. Not to mention the result of it being a spawn of a no good lair, but back to the pot and the kettle. Did Higoro really have any room to speak? No, but he didn't care. He'd do his damndest to split them up, if he couldn't have her then surely no one could. Not even this she wolf 'Takara'. 

Ignoring Minoris impressive detective work into his own frame of mind, he pulled his attention to this female. Exactly what was she to her? "What is your love for her based off of? Is it purely lust? Higoro asked in a joking manner, grinning like a child with a chrismas toy. It would be fun to see if it was purely lust. Would be a new and interesting side to her.
No honour among thieves 
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Her eyes narrowed and she opened her mouth to tell Higoro how ironic it was for him to say such a thing when he admitted he knew it was. She hmmphed and closed her maw, staring him down while the wheels in her brain turned rapidly. He was right. He was so right. She didn't belong with someone who lied and betrayed her in such a way. Everyone made mistakes though, how could she be so easy on Takara and not Issun? 

Higoro's question startled her out of her mind and she blinked, opening her maw to protest "Of course not-" she started and then thought about it and snorted, a smirk spreading across her maw "That's part of it. You'll meet her soon I'm sure, you'd have to be blind not to want her physically. Its more though...she's so...soft and pretty. Like the small deer back in Japan? She's funny and playful and loyal and she knows how to get under my skin" she cut herself off sounding exasperated and affectionate all at once which was fitting since it's how Takara always made her feel.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
61 Posts
Ooc — Espero
The denial was comical but then came the surprise. Minori had a side to her that.was pure lustful. Higoro never thought he'd see the day. It made him laugh, his tail swaying side to side as his amusement continued. He was almost proud of Minori for finding someone of such looks and character, for a moment he truly was. No hint of jealousy, selfishness or anything, just pure happiness she found someone but of course it all came rushing back. He was quite jealous this Takara who captured his ex mates heart. Of Minoris' testimony to her beauty and good personality was true, it was no wonder she fell for the she wolf. Higoro was curious to see this female, he would have to find her sometime soon before curiosity killed him. "She stole your heart, huh? I see why you're so lax on her." He hummed, his mind was hatching a devious plan, and evil one. One of pure tortuous evil, so bad thay Minori would surely kill him for it. An evil smirk formed, his expression turned smug and his voice? Even more smug; "I'm gonna tell her!" He howled, playfulness evident in his voice. He didn't mind telling her, what were the odds Takara liked Minori back. Slim. Right?
No honour among thieves 
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
She quirked a brow as she watched a glimmer of deviousness come into his gaze, her brow quirking as she waited to see what plot he was forming inside that impulsive head of his. When he finally shouted it out, sounding smug about it she narrowed her eyes and grinned "She knows" she retorted even though she wasn't sure that was true. "She's the one who said it first" she added just because she felt like watching the confidence crumble just a bit. "You'll like her Higoro....She's really a good woman" she said softly, for a moment concerned that he would hate everyone she liked.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
61 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Should we wrap this up?

Higoros sails deflated, as did his body. One minute he was running with a half hearted threat and then the next he was face down in the grass. However he was curious to find out just who that she wolf was, and what exactly was so special about her. He would have to wait for her, since Cry doomed him to the borders. "If she's anything like you, then I'm sure she is a good one."
No honour among thieves 
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
I'll Archive!

"She's even better" she whispered softly. She was tough without needing to show fangs, she was sweet, soft, feminine. Everything Minori had originally shunned in herself, Takara owned beautifully. She reached forward and touched her nose to his shoulder "I have to get back....I'll come visit. Try hunting, patrolling too...maybe Cry will let you in" she smiled and turned, running off.