Phantom Hollow His eyes upon your face
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
All Welcome 
@Damien, though any The Melonii peeps are welcome

Ganon had no clear idea of where Damien and his lot were. He had even less of an idea than what he did with Vaati — at least with Vaati he had a location, a geographic landmark. But Damien and his followers? They were somewhere. Even after they came to reclaim in Blackfeather Woods, they just disappeared. Here in an instance, gone in a flash.

He searched areas just out of curiosity, taking detours to wooded patches to see if some group of wolves were nearby. Most of the time he found nothing and move on, but this time? He could smell wolves. He was cautious, smelling something familiar in the lupine scent in the air.
My mind is clearer now...

...at last, all too well...
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Midar remained vigilant in his patrol of the hollow, his restless anxiety over being somewhere unfamiliar while the pack was vulnerable with young pups increasing with every day they remained there. So far, there had been no one stupid enough to wander too close, but the beast didn't let that lead him into a false sense of security; he knew things could change at any moment, and he wanted to be there to deal with it when it happened. 

He halted his steady, efficient pace as the scent of stranger filled his nostrils, every muscle within him tensing as anger coursed through his veins. He wasted no time seeking the intruder out, coming to a stop in front of the man whose curiosity had now left him at the mercy of the beast's murderous rage. Midar smiled savagely. Any last words? he asked, though it was really a rhetorical question; the beast didn't give a shit what he had to say. All he knew was that he had intruded, and now he had to pay the price. Then, Midar lunged, teeth bared, aiming to sink them into the first flesh he connected with.
Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
He took a moment to analyze the smells near by, breathing in the scents again and again. There was something there and he could smell it and it bothered him how it kept escaping him. It smelled like Blackfeather Woods, both now and before, but he could not place the exact wolves. There were more scents overlaying it, unfamiliar and foreign to him. It was frustrating.

A wolf appeared from the gloom. Ganon tensed for a moment, then looked the man over — dark fur, purple eyes, just like the ghost-like figure near the Woods. You're a Melonii! He gaped. The man growled at him, and Ganon realized that he was about to be attacked. Despite his experience, he panicked. I am one too! My name is Ganondorf Molag Melonii! I'm Damien's nephew — He knew that was a hard thing to believe — his bright eyes, the fire that exuded from his fur — but he was, and Damien knew he was. He tried to dodge the man's lunge, slipping into the Daedric tongue as he backed away, invoking the long ago lessons from his mother, Damien's sister — Kostilus, pāsagon nyke.

BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Maybe it had been just in time to prevent a tragedy, or maybe he had screwed up a chance for Midar to clean un another one of his sister's mess ups, but Damien arrived at the location just in time to bark at Midar to prevent him from attacking. The sight of Ganondorf was something that took Damien aback, having thought of his sister's first litter's runt to be long dead. At the very least, he wasn't expecting to ever see him again at all, but yet there he was, ablaze and tall like he had never seen him.

Stop, Midar! he barked even when he knew that his lieutenant was probably in too deep to prevent harm. Ganondorf was a Melonii by blood and as such he had the right to a word with the sovereign.
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The stranger's words didn't register through his rage, and so he didn't stop his intended attack. But as he lunged, he heard the familiar voice of Damien--the command from his king to stop what he was doing. It was probably one of the only things aside from his mate that could have broken through and stopped him while in such a state. It was too late to stop the collision that was seconds from happening, though; the momentum of his lunge was already throwing him at the golden man, but he was able to close his mouth and prevent his jaws from piercing the intruder's skin. Faintly, he wondered why he had been called off of his attack, but that was currently the least of his concerns; unless the man was able to quickly get out of the way, then Midar's large, muscular body would slam into him and probably knock them both to the ground, and there was really nothing the beast could do to prevent it.
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
His body tensed as much as he could in order to protect himself from the stampeding male. He could hear Damien and saw the raven-fur of his uncle, but his focus was on the rampaging man. Ganon was not ready to fight, so he jumped out of the way as quickly as he could, but the confusion and the intensity of the situation dulled his senses — he felt the sting of the impact as the unfamiliar male glanced off of his body, and Ganon sprawled to the ground with the sheer force. He grunted, knowing that it could have been much worst had the male not pulled back slightly at Damien's voice. He huffed, breathing heavily with relief, though shock still rippled through his body.

BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
The clashed, sending both bodies tumbling down to the ground in what would have been a titanic quarrel had he not arrived in time. The Night King walked down to them with a hurried step, hoping Midar had been quick enough in his reaction to save Ganondorf from harm. But when he confirmed that nothing major had happened to either of them Damien stood there silently waiting for the red warlock to get up and give him some sort of explanation as to where on mundus he'd been for the past 20 moons.

There were many questions already brewing in Damien's mind, all awakened by his uncertainty about many things he hadn't gotten answered ever since his own return. He mostly wanted to ask about Potema, whether he knew if she was alive and where, or if he had any way to confirm her demise, for he knew that both their disappearances dated back to the war brought to Blackfeather.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
They collided, knocking both bodies to the ground, and the force of the collision sent Midar skidding across the ground a couple feet. Quickly, he recovered and got back to his feet, shaking out his raven coat and trotting back over to Damien's side, glaring at the stranger the whole time. He couldn't help but feel a little irritated that he had been denied his chance to serve justice to the intruder, but he assumed his leader had a reason for calling him off. His violet gaze, holding no hint of remorse for the almost attack, bore into the golden male as he waited for him to explain himself. His eyes followed every one of his moves, and his body remained tensed to attack should things change. For now, the man was relatively safe from the jaws of the beast, at least until Damien instructed him otherwise.
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
His vision swam for a few moments. He shook himself, and blinked until his vision focused on the bulky frame of his uncle. Damien. It had been over a year since he had seen his mother's brother. He had never been close to Damien — Cicero was different, but their relationship had become strange after his mother's rape. There was some relief that Damien did not have the same twisted feelings towards his sibling (he thought. he hoped.). Things had changed, so many things. Uncle, He breathed, standing straight. He looked to the man next to him. Unfamiliar, though familiar in the family traits that shone in the half-light. I'm glad I found you. He smiled briefly. It was nice to see family after so long, though he had no doubts that Damien despised him. Who wouldn't? Coward. Maegi told me what happened. Or what is going on. Were they planning on trying again? Or was Damien truly desperate on claiming their ancestral homeland?

BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Desperate would perhaps be a strong word to describe the intensity of Damien's desire to reclaim blackfeather woods; but he was definitely determined to do so. That, though, didn't mean that he would do just anything to achieve it. He had, indeed, risked a lot in his first attempt, but in his defense at the time at which he made the call to try it he had been sure there were enough guaranties that it felt safe to do so. He had been wrong.

The gain that he would have gotten from it, however, was still very much the same, and it was Damien's goal to claim it.

But those things would not be the topic of his discussion with Ganondorf, for as much as he was itching to drive it in that direction. Damien looked up and down at him, assessing his impressive bearings as he decided that he was willing to give the young male a chance to earn his permission to join his true family again. He too was glad that his nephew had found him. But fist, some explanations were in order.

What is it that she told you? he demanded. He hadn't really had a chance to discuss with Maegi what had transpired, nor did he know what went on inside her head. Maybe he could gather some valuable information from their common relative.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He immediately grew distrustful of the man even if it was clear now that he was not only Melonii, but his king's nephew. Family or not, he had spoken with Maegi, and it instantly made the beast suspicious. What if he was here under false pretenses? Sent here by their enemy to gather information or infiltrate their ranks and attempt the defeat them from the inside out. Midar didn't like this at all, and his distrust and discontent showed clearly on his dark face as he took in the conversation between the two. Surely Damien was suspicious too, so Midar waited and watched, curious to see what this man claimed to have been told by the woman who had stolen the woods from them.
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
@Damien @Midar Hi friends sorry life got in the way also my computer got rekt

His uncle dug in further, searching for more information. It was only right, if they were truly at war with each other. He began to doubt that this was a simple matter And it was. He had no clue what Meldresi had in mind for the future leadership of their Brotherhood after she died or stepped down. Theocracy? Kratocracy? It seemed to him the latter; someone just stepped up and took power after her death.

Ganon could not be sure what they truly thought of him. A potential spy, perhaps? He was definitely a traitor in the eyes of his Uncle, and if the unknown Melonii's looks were any indication, that same feeling would extend through the whole pack. He spoke as truthfully as he thought he could, though he knew that the Meloniis were distrustful by nature. You started your own pack, but you wanted the Woods. She just so happened to hold it when you made your claim. So you clashed. He said as matter-of-factly as he could. Something else that she had mentioned came to mind. Ramsay was there too, when I visited. He made it clear that you two were enemies. They wouldn't come after you, but they'll fight. He was barely a member of the Melonii clan, but it pained him to see his family fighting. Had there ever been a conflict like this before? Based on all of the incest, there was nothing but love between the Melonii family. Perhaps the genetic diversity brought conflict with it. Maegi mentioned something about you turning one of her friends against her. It seems like they're holding you on that as well

BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Damien stood to listen at Ganon's version of the events in silence, taking every bit mentioned about what he thought could happen next with a grain of salt. He didn't really know his nephew that well, but he knew well enough that Meloniis were deceitful by nature, and there was no reason to think Ganon was any different.In fact, there were many reasons that made him think he was treasonous.

It pains me to hear that my own Nephews see me as an enemy. said Damien trying to sound as empathetic as he could. It didn't work for him too often. I offered them a place in my new world. i would want nothing more than for all of them- all of you to stand beside me, as family. and that bit was true aside from special cases such as Vaati. But special cases did exist, and anyone could fit within that category, they only needed to refuse their patriarch's offer.

He could have given Ganon his side of the story. He could have said that The Woods were his by birthright and that he wasn't planning on backing down anytime soon. He didn't know where his nephew stood in the great scheme fo things yet, but he sure wanted to figure it out.

Her friend came to me willingly, and she has found all the better chances to prosper with us. That says a lot, don't you think? he asked Ganon rhetorically, giving himself foot to open up the next question. And you? Wouldn't you like a chance?
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Ganon watched his uncle's face closely, looking for signs of... anything, really. Anger most of all, for he feared his uncle's strength and prowess as a fighter. He also kept a close eye on the wolf at Damien's side, unknown to him, but recognizable in his features and the coldness in his eyes. An assassin. 

Despite Ganon's fears of being rejected for his cowardice and betrayal, Damien welcomed him with open arms. Perhaps there was some semblance of familial bonds still there, or perhaps Damien wanted more muscle on his side. But either way, there was a chance for Ganon to reunite with his family. An opportunity to be accepted once more.

No, At first he was not sure why he was so blunt, so quick with his answer. It tumbled out of his mouth almost immediately, without a moment to think about it. When he realized his impulsiveness he paused, looking to the silent wolf at Damien's side once more, then back to his uncle. I fought with my mother because I rejected the Daedra. I still do, It felt strange to declare it to one of his own. To anyone else that statement meant nothing, but to a Melonii, to Damien, the son of Meldresi, it was blasphemous. Even without the strong belief in those dark Gods, Ganon felt that way, as if he was committing some great sin. Perhaps he was.  I know who you are, Uncle. I know what our family is. I can't go back to this. It would not work for anyone.

At that moment he realized what his defection had been. Fear of his family's response. If he had been a stubborn fool in his childhood and stayed, he might have been kicked out. That was what he feared. More infighting, more turmoil, more anger, and hate. He could not bear to see his mother upset with him so he left. He could not bear his family's hatred and rejection of him, so he left. It would not be good for me to stay with either group. He did not know to what extent Maegi and Ramsay still held onto the Daedra. He had a feeling that it was still there, despite their rejection of the Dark Brotherhood's teachings. Blackfeather Woods was a magical place, regardless of one's religious views. Ganon could not go back. He could not stand the thought of being in that place of spirits. He could not bear to feel the eyes of Meldresi, Miraak, Cicero and the many other Meloniis on him day in and day out.

BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
And though it pained him to hear that his own blood rejected his family's customs and religion, Damien was at the very least satisfied with the fact that Maegi and Ramsay weren't getting him either. He wouldn't want to have to cut down yet another relative if it came to that at any point, because he knew he wouldn't hesitate for the sake of what he was trying to build.

It is a shame that you reject our ways, nephew. But regardless, this is home to you, if you ever need it to be. I will not change my mind about that much. he said with what could be understood as kindness through his words, but which a shrewd one would know to be only his own way of sweetening an ear. He truly hoped that at some point Ganon would find it in him to return to his birthland, and hopefully when he did — when any of the ones that had left Blackfeather Woods at any point did decide to come back he would be there holding the fort to open up the gates for them. And though Damien appreciated that Ganon was honest with him, every single revelation he made that day added a little bit of pain to his dark corrupted heart.

The pain was made clearest in his eyes when Ganon mentioned his mother. And he wanted to ask. He needed to know any possible detail about Potema's whereabouts if possible, but for a moment he didn't know how or if he should even ask. About Potema... he started hesitantly. Do you know anything about her? No one's been able to locate her after the war broke out, It wasn't like he had much hope of ever finding her alive again, as was the case with Cicero, but he wouldn't rest it until he was certain.