Sunbeam Lair and i know more
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
All Welcome 
@Cadeau
I know i said I’d start a thread in rsv but i felt this place was more appropriate. lmk if you want me to switch locations <3

despite the meadow’s beauty, a good meal was few and far between. everything he caught was small, too small to fill him up. and here was no use in hunting down a herd if you’re a one man band. so that meant picking off carcasses, specifically a doe that had been rotting near a river. it wasn’t the best tasting thing in the world, but cupid was sick of being hungry.

well, that deer was way past its expiration date, because not a day went by before he got sick. it was subtle at first but the sting became to painful to ignore and he was practically crawling by the third day.

fuuuuuck.” his groans echoed through a cave he had just entered. the smell of herbs wafted towards his nose and the medic inside him awakes. there had to be something useful in here. if only he wasnt lying on his side, suffering silently.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau took to wandering and exploring the new area when they settle for a bit from their road trip. She liked traveling with Illidan but she knew if she was going to survive out here she needed to shoulder herself more. Cadeau couldn't cling to one wolf forever. Besides, he probably needed personal time away from her too. She was on the trail for food and herbs, often curious about the wild fauna. Cadeau knew finding prey would be better for herself and Illidan's empty bellies but she couldn't ignore the urge to study the herbal life and nature around her.

So despite hearing the rustling of what was most likely a deer grazing nearby, Cadeau was more focused on the scent of something... plant-y. As an aspiring healer, Cadeau was learning what certain scents meant when it came to herbs. Sure, some herbs weren't what she thought despite a plant smelling bitter like yarrow but trial and error built character, even if it meant she got embarrassingly ill self experimenting at times.

The brown female came across what seemed to be some kind of cave, Cadeau pushing her way through foliage to get a better look at it. It had interesting smells, she noted as she wrinkle her salmon colored nose thoughtfully at the whiff. There was also another scent in there that, Cadeau strained her nose. Wolf, that is definitely wolf scent. You'd think traveling with one would make it easier to figure out but no. Hmm, smells kinda icky too... Cadeau heard the profanity echo suddenly and quickly without thinking hurried her way inside to assist the stranger.

"Hey, you okay in here fella?" Cadeau asked, quickly finding the fallen wolf. She frowned at the state of him, worrying her lower lip. "Alright that was a dumb question... um, what's wrong is the more appropriate inquiry."
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
he lay sprawled on the floor, hoping to ease some of the pain. and when the pain came again, he’d switch into another position. from laying on his side to his back. it gave some short term relief, but the ache would always hit him like bricks again.

cupid was on his side when the girl approached and he tucked his limbs in when she spoke. “i’m... fine lady,” he grumbled. what a marvelous day. stuck in some random cave, with some random wolf hovering over you. he couldn’t run, nor tell her off. he just didn’t have the strength.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau pursued her lips at him in a prominent frown, not buying his 'I'm fine', shmuck. As a female, Cadeau personally knew that the word fine always universally translated into 'internally screaming and suffering'. She nudged the wolf with her pink nose to make sure he was paying attention to her. "I might be a lot of things but stupid is definitely not one of them." 

She sat on her haunches in front of the male, brows drawn in a worried fashion. "You look pretty rough around the fur there, fella. I'm a healer in training, maybe I can get you something for those green gills, hmm?" Cadeau tipped her head to the side with a kind smile.
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
girl’s got spark, he’ll give her that. she certainly didn’t seem keen on leaving anytime soon. the lengths some wolves would go for complete strangers was fascinating. cupid never understood it, nor did he trust it.

healer in training.” he rolled his eyes and chuckled. “uh-uh i don’t trust no ‘healers in training’. you’d probably feed me poison without even knowing it.” cupid turned his eyes up to her. “what do you know about herbs lady? who’s teaching you?
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau puffed her cheeks out in a indignant manner at his jab that she may feed him a poison rather than proper medicine. She was new to this proper healer thing but she wasn't completely stupid...

Okay, naive. But stupid? Nooo. "My mama taught me the basics, like clean wounds, use willow bark for pain management... yada yada. The rest is self taught with some other mentors sprinkled about," Cadeau told him with a nod of her head, as if would add even further confirmation to the entire thing.
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
he looked her over with a raised brow. he would’ve preferred a more skilled candidate. this girl was a little too new to the world of medicine from the sound of if. but what other choice did he have? they were the only ones here and he couldn’t do anything.

you just won’t quit huh? he sighs. go find some water around here. there may be some mint growing near it. you do know what it looks like right?
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau tipped her head to the side with a grin. "I'm told it's my best and worst quality about me," the halfling told him with some good humor lacing the words. "Now, tell me what I can do to help you, fella."

When he instructed her to go find mint, Cadeau could distinctly say she remembered the cool sharp scent of the plant more so than how it looked. But she knew it was a leafy specimen of herb. She nodded with a woof, "Yeah, I know what mint is. I'll go fetch you some, should I bring a mosh ball soaked in water too for you?"