Swiftcurrent Creek trust
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

Forward Dated to May 1
AW looking to meet some new faces/others I haven’t threaded with!

She wasn’t entirely sure that she could leave the safety of the den just yet, but she risked the wrath of Kavik simply because she was bored. By midafternoon the pups still needed a nap, and so they were surely sleeping. At least she assumed they were but wouldn’t be to surprise if any might have followed her down to the edge of the river. With the recent rainfall the creek had swelled and was rushing rather fiercely. Lie was fascinated by the white water as it effortlessly flowed by.

With her heat finally over she was able to appreciate the small things once more. And the idea of sitting along the edge of the creek was much more appealing than sitting inside the den. Although she hoped that perhaps someone might wander by, Kavik had mentioned that there were some new comers, and she wondered if any might find their way to her as she lounged along a rock basking in the sun.
1/5
5/5
~ i haven't played that song since my wife died ~
lie can be pp'd by anyone listed as family on her profile

"common", "french" 1/5 posts
78 Posts
Ooc — mista
x
The raven grows stronger with each passing day, and yet illness continues to weigh upon his body. He adventures on occasion, but typically spends his days lazing around against his will. Fatigue and the need to rest due to low energy levels frustrates him. Nonetheless, when his maman leaves the den, he musters the strength to follow. Something has happened recently; tension thick in the air, and the raven isn't certain what yet, but he is suspicious. So he sticks close, following the scent trail of Rosalie towards the waters—a path he's starting to know well, with the pups growing older. When he finally spots her sitting at the creek's edge, the raven moves to sit next to her. His right side attempting to brush against her left. Maman, he greets.
Common language is spoken in quotation marks, while French is in « guillemets »x
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

She wasn’t alone for long, as he son came along side her. Offering him a smile as she looked down at him, she leaned in to press her nose against his cheek. A mother had to get all the affection she could before her youngsters thought it to embarrassing! “Hello sweetheart.”
They were all learning and growing so quickly, and it made Lie both parts sad and happy. Although she worried insistently about the slightest cough, Lie was proud to see them developing well and bonding with one another. “How are you today?” They knew some English, but she still preferred to speak to them in the language her and Alessia also learned as children. It was a language that no many here knew, and that gave their small family privacy amongst themselves.

Perhaps we should teach Kavik? The side note was stored away for a later date. The red woman refocused her energy on the youngster at her left, hoping that just maybe she might be able to persuade a puppy cuddle out of the resolute young boy.

1/5
5/5

78 Posts
Ooc — mista
Typical of maman, she leans down. Her cold nose presses to his cheek, and Helios stretches on his tip-toes in order to press his to the side of her muzzle in mutual greeting. The raven has always been good at learning from his parents, and their actions play a large role in how his mannerism has developed thus far. He, however, remains ever expressionless; simply a void of dark fur, that is beginning to lighten to brown in a few areas.

« Okay, » he answers, growing more confident in knowing the correct responses to his parents' questions. Today could, perhaps, even be called good for his coughing and wheezing has calmed enough that his lungs did not burn much from his adventure to Rosalie's side. His quiet suspicion is the only thing that keeps him from answering positively. Neutrality seems right.

« How are you? » The raven parrots back the best he can.
Common language is spoken in quotation marks, while French is in « guillemets »x
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

Although he seems to be in good spirits, the boy replied with less than an exalting review. Raising a brow, she held her tongue for a moment. She could see more words forming on his lips, and waited for him to continue on. They were still young, and forming full thoughts into words took a few moments.

“I am very good, thank you for asking.” Her lips were still curved in a delicate smile, but to emphasize her point she poked the boy with her nose. A soft laugh danced along her voice, as she tilted her head in questioning. “Just ok? Is something wrong?” Although she could see the quiet disposition of Kavik emerging in the boy, Lie hoped that maybe she could coaxes out a more animated version.
1/5
5/5

78 Posts
Ooc — mista
Maman answers with such enthusiasm that it takes Helios off-guard. While the boy does not show it in his expression, he does tilt his head in question. Her gentle laughter and touch almost makes him feel as if the tension he noticed was false. Maybe it is nothing, or maybe she is hiding it from them. The raven boy is unsure.

« No, » he answers to her question. Nothing is wrong with him, so Helios uses it as an excuse to say his favorite word. He suspects that something is wrong with his parents, however, and isn't certain how to ask at the moment. So he settles for another question he has; « Why leave? » It is nap-time after all, and usually they are curled up together. On occasion, he noticed that a parent or two would go missing and not be there when they woke up... but he never figured out why that is.
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

No was a word that had quickly become a staple in her sons vocabulary, Lie wasn’t exactly sure why, but it made her smile and shake her had slightly. “Why?” She tilted her head and thought for a moment, “It’s a nice day out, and the rain has stopped. I wanted some fresh air.”

It seemed the simplest and easiest explanation to offer the young boy. “Why did you leave?” She flicked her nose in his direction, speaking slower than she normally would to emphasize the grammar.
1/5
5/5

78 Posts
Ooc — mista
There is that word again; “rain”. Helios glances towards the sky, squinting at the god rays filtering through the treetops. It is bright still to the sensitivity of his eyes, and he supposes part of why he enjoyed the rain is that it wasn’t bright. He cannot agree with Maman’s logic.

« Follow you, » he answers simply, puffing his chest up and turning his baby blues in Lie’s direction. Expression remains stony, but it is obvious the boy is observing his mother closely.
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

Nodding her head, Lie again reached to press her check against the top of his small head. She knew from the size of his paws that he was going to be much much bigger than her. He wouldn’t be her little Helios for long.

“I’m glad you did.” She was still in shock of how very Kavik like the boy appeared to be. Wondering if Kavik’s stoic disposition was genetic, and if perhaps her children might inherit that particular quality. “In any case, it is still nap time.” Suddenly her mother mode was back in full forced. “And so, we she still nap. Who knows what might be in store for later today. Hmm?” Tilting her head, Lie knew that Kavik would bring them something to play with later. And knowing her sickly children, they would want to be well rested for the fun to come.

1/5
5/5

78 Posts
Ooc — mista
Wrap up? <3 And sorry for the delay!

Maman remembers what time it is, and the raven boy is tempted to pretend he did not hear her. Naps tend to be spent unable to sleep, yet the rest is notably important… just terribly boring. He glances towards Maman, before he gave a small nod and gets to his feet. Perhaps this time, he can be the guide and lead her home? He starts a few steps before he waits for confirmation of her following.
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

sure ill archive

The boy rose and gave her a nod before turning. Looking out over the river once more and breathing in the fresh air, Lie nodded her head and rose from the prone position. With the turn of her head she found her son waiting for her, ready to lead her back.

Offering a soft smile, she walked toward him. Nosing him in the direction of the den, Lie dutifully followed him back to the den. Where they could sleep safely with the rest of their complicated family.
1/5
5/5