HUNT: You literally couldn't get out of bed
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)

Cara had hunted with both Mordecai and Kaname before. And even if she had given the death blow in said hunt, she knew ambush was more in her field of expertise. She gave a solemn nod to Mordecai and took his instructions, she was content Kaname was the one leading the ambush group. It was obvious the pale yearling had a greater affinity with the earth colored man.

She quickly joined the team, not even awknowledging Tyrande as she apprached, Cara tapped the assasin's shoulder with her coal black nose. "What's up teammate"

<I>Loyal warrior till death</I>
75 Posts
Ooc — Lunatara

Vectra decided it would be best to go with kaname, after all she was a Makaneze, They were BIG wolves, she could use her size to help bring down any large prey for sure. Plus she quite enjoys the chase. "i will go with Kaname, they could probably use my size" she offered before going to stand with Kaname's hunting group.

speech

the honorable house of deforge
32 Posts
Ooc — Taco
When the time to divide themselves came Creidne paused momentarily. Before her wolves parted to either side -resolute in their personal sense of usefulness. However, she was torn between her fatigue and this new desire in her to do better. Honestly, she had had an easier time of living back when she allowed the majority of it to bypass her -success required a worrisome amount of effort. But, she hadn't come to the far flung Ouroboros Spine for nothing.

Making up her mind then, Cree advanced towards Mordecai -even going as far as to bump her nose to his chin. She may have been a stranger to him now but hopefully her coming performance would right that. Flowing towards his right side after that, she simply waited for further instructions.
Ah, the blood of deceit is a nourishing flow....
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
ugh short post

While she wanted to join Kaname's hunting group, she turned towards Mordecai instead. She trusted his judgement in choosing Kaname, but she wanted to diversify her experience in hunting. So far, she was best at ambushing, but she wanted to know what the chase was like. The dark priestess stepped right beside the tawny wolf, tail swinging like a pendelum.

marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
This took much, much longer than I anticipated getting up; my apologies, guys. Life/work has stressed me out horribly. That said, I'm pushing this ahead a bit to get us rolling again and hopefully we can draw this to a close in a couple more rounds. This round ends on Saturday, August 23rd.

As they began to separate into their respective groups, Mordecai felt a surge of appeasement roll through him. Nary a question rose from the group, and while few hesitated where they would do best, there was a resolute decision in each of them. Now would be the time that they would learn to function together, and he hoped that they would all benefit and learn. In turn, he hoped that they would thrive and be prosperous. A smile graced his face as Sitri joined him, as he had still hoped for the aid from the scarred wolf from their times before. Creidne was offered a welcome nudge in return of her own, though Mordecai had yet to get to know her.

Once their groups had fully assembled and stood ready, Mordecai gave them all a firm nod. “We'll travel together until we've seen the herd at a distance, then we'll split for the hunt. They're most likely still on the move, so let's go,” he said, before turning and setting off for the general locale where he had last seen the elk traveling through. He kept a steady but swift pace, making his way through the slightly overgrown trails. He didn't worry about the noise they were generating this far out, though as they drew nearer to where the Ostrega had last spotted them, his pace slowed and quieted as well. Out there, he could smell them clearly, and no doubt in his mind the others would too.

Only minutes more passed until the herd of ungulates had been found. Mordecai wasted no time in catching Kaname's eye to see him off, before taking his own group and setting up on the back end of the herd. His eyes were less on the motley crew with him than they were the elk, trying to find which were suitable options, and which would just earn them a bucket full of trouble. In doing so, he gave the ambushing party time to set up. “Are you guys ready?” he queried softly, this time glancing to the wolves that had joined him. When he had ascertained their readiness, he launched from where he lurked in the brush and gave chase to the herd, hoping to drive them quickly into the waiting jaws of Kaname and his group.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri moved quickly, a force to be reckon with. He was ready to get into position, and he stalked across the ground. Stopping keep his belly low to the ground he watched the ambush team as they worked their way across the field. Red eyes were narrowed in concentration, while tight muscles were coiled to spring and he waited with baited breath, for the food to come. He had to force himself to stay calm, as he was fast allowing the want of the hunt to take him over.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)

Cara's eyes fell on the male in command, though she wished she was the one giving orders she obeyed his commands. The plan was simple yet it didn't seem flawed, the girl snorted and brushed past the brown male that had so far becomed her only friend,"Let's get 'em, I'm hungry", she whispered as she went by.

Then she began trotting ahead waiting for Kaname's designated group to catch up and begin to put the game-plan into action.

"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha

With the teams set up, the assassin led his team after Cara, increasing his stride to keep up with the younger female. It was a while before the herd was in sight. Then, Mordecai gave Kaname a glance before taking his group off to the back of the herd.

Kaname turned to his, giving them instructions before they set up their trap. "We'll head towards the front and spread out into a line. Once we charge, I want whoever is at the ends of the line to keep the elk heading towards Mordecai's group. Do not bunch them up, keep them spaced, but prevent them from leaving." With a swish of his tail, the assassin dove into the undergrowth, blending in with the shadows as he moved into position.

Ah, the blood of deceit is a nourishing flow....
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha

The group moved off after each wolf chose what group they wanted. It did not take too long before the herd was spotted by leaders and the gathered wolves split into their respective groups. Meldresi followed the Ostrega Mordecai, sneaking into the bushes to wait for Kaname to spring his trap.

She nodded when Mordecai asked if they were ready for the hunt. It would be her first time hunting in such a direct manner, but she was up for the challenge. She would do her best to help out, even if she wasn't all that good at it.

marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Alright guys, let's drive this puppy home! <3

The ungulates noticed them in their pursuit and fled, heading towards the waiting jaws of Kaname and his group. The wolves of the Spine had stumbled upon them at the right time however, and were quick upon their heels. Mordecai kept himself back merely to chase them, trying to drive them in the right direction so that the rest of the pack that lied in wait would have the best opportunity to spring and take what they could. The elk were robust and in their prime, but he noted what young and weak they had within their herd.

Now, all the focus would be upon the ambushing party.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)

Cara was like a cloud in disguise. Once the herd began to move, thanks to Mordecai's rousing, the plae yearling sprung from her concealment, though she didn't want to be the first to jump on the target she kept herself close to the chosen elk's heels.

Being the first to jump could be extremely dangerous, there was a chance her teeth wouldn't reach her target and that instead of the elk's soft flesh she was received with a sharp hoove to the head -- an injury that would knock her out if not kill her.

She growled and snarled at the animal, occasionally managing to nip it's heels or its bum.She had managed to stray it from the herd momentarily but if no one rose to her aid, the elk would inevitably escape from her grasp.

marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Slapping a narrative ending on this, woo.

As the split pack came together, the first of the herd came down swiftly. Somewhere in the chaos of bellowing and snarling, Mordecai watched as they pick and chose the finest of their kills. His participation was swift in it, not moving in to make the kills so much as corral what he could to increase their time. He had his moments of aiding and needing the aid, ever thankful for the wolves that had come together for the event. A stray or two found a swift end at the teeth of the Ouroboros wolves. Others wandered off through the elevated terrain and woodland to nurse their injuries, and before too long the majority of the herd had evaded their grasp.

What they had taken down he did bother to count, instead joined the filing ranks of their pack in a well earned feast. As the wolves dug into their feast and gained their fill, he felt a sense of contentedness among them. Their caches would be bolstered from the success, and the not so far off winter seemed to be not as bad in that regard. In that moment, they were reasonable strong in light of the nagging sensation that there was a loose cog in their many gears.