Hushed Willows nunca me acuerdo de olvidarte
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
All Welcome 
Scouting!

The trip around the mountain's rim wasn't an easy one. It also wasn't one that Dulce ever planned to try again, so she figured that she ought to make this one worth it. She smelled the obvious scents of life and activity, but for whatever reason could not find a way to reach them. Dulce was intrigued by the mystery, to say the least; after a morning of thorough investigation, she was finally able to find an entrance point.

A while was spent strictly at the border, sniffing around for hints as to who might live behind it. Finally, she sounded a loud and drawn out call, hoping that someone might come to fill her in.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The pups needed her less and less, these days. It was a bittersweet realization. They were eating more meat slush than milk, they were exploring for small stints on their own, and their senses were all intact. It was undoubtedly a relief to get some respite from the constant demands of newborns. . .but still. Hadn't they just been so tiny? Where had those days gone?

@Seabreeze offered to look after the trio this morning, which turned out to be fortuitous, for as Lily stalked toward a warren of rabbits, a howl rang out near the border. A spring in her step, the blackbird trotted toward the summons, chin lifted in greeting for whomever stood on the other end.

Hallo, she called out to the woman, whose appearance reminded her somewhat of Alarian—her stomach clenched—though far less worse for wear. Her face lit in a smile. The woman smelled, though not overwhelmingly so, of lands nearby. Just passing through? What brings you to Elysium today?
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
It didn't take long for a charcoal femme to greet Dulce, for which she was grateful. The smell of mother's milk was again present, giving her another moment of spring euphoria. It was the best season for every reason, whether it be bounty in prey or the new generation; particularly, Dulce's favorite part was the flowers. Travel, she replied, finding that she was rarely asked to go into more detail. Is this your pack? she asked, wondering what level of submission was expected. 

It was a cool day, though warmer than it had been (which did not go unappreciated). This would be the last travel spot that Dulce hit before choosing where to settle, and she was hopeful that this would be the perfect way to end with a bang!
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
being vague with timelines but wanted to jump in since em is away!

Seabreeze, bless her ppc heart, was doing double-duty that day by also watching Sundance, Reif and Atwood. Having two wives, each of which were almost more invested in her litter than even she, made life easy on Olive — she shared the experience of nursing and nurturing their cubs with Ariel and Seabreeze, and in return they helped to take care of parenting’s dirtier bits. They cleaned and tended to the garden in her stead; and even though her babies were still too young to be away from their mother for too long, that’s why they had three! Olive, still tender from the trauma of birth, was free to roam about the willows as she pleased. 

It was so much easier this time than it had ever been with Dakarai, or with Seabreeze on their own. Olive suspected the love of three was the factor to blame, here.

Slowly and steadily, the waif was meandering through the willows when she came upon the familiar voice of Lily — chatting with a stranger. This was not an immediately alarming thing, since welcoming in strangers was Elysium’s ‘thing,’ but the relative newness of her and Aliac’s litters did cause her to tense a little. As she approached, and saw that this was also a woman, Olive relaxed considerably and decided to make an introduction. 

“Elysium is not ours, it’s everybody’s.”  Olive spoke quietly and with a respectable dip of her muzzle. As far as she was concerned, she and this woman were on equal ground. “But Lily and I are on the council which guides this sanctuary.” she glanced at the blackbird, sharing with her a knowing smile before looking back at the loner. “I am Olive.”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
permission to skip given <3

While waiting for the first ambassador's response, Dulce was greeted by another. She gave a cordial grin, stepping back just enough to get a full scope of both. Olive, she repeated, locking the name into her memory. She had some questions, namely about the structure of this sanctuary (a concept foreign to most, this one not excluded). Instead of setting in with her barrage, she Dulce decided to start off simple; Abeja, or Dulce.

What is this sanctuary? she asked, wondering if it was a fancy name for their pack or something different altogether. A nice change of scenery, no doubt, but still unpleasantly foreign.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The woman was sweet and desiring more information about Elysium. This was not unusual, as Olive was aware that Elysium was a concept that few had encountered before. It made Olive proud, to think that she and Seabreeze and Lily and Ariel and Khali had done something so bold that it was the first time many wolf had conceived of this idea; proud, but also sad that true peace was so hard to come by.

Olive nodded, and digressed.
“We are a haven for the old and the sick, the weak and the needy.” but they weren’t just a hospital, but a thriving family of wolves who wished to enjoy a fine, lovely life. “and those who have a desire for peace above all else.” she turned her visage to shine a bright smile at Lily, for she was certainly one of these wolves and it was what Olive loved most about her. Turned to Dulce, the druid inquired “Do you fall into one of these categories?” and raised a discerning brow. 

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Lily was content to take a backseat in the conversation, smiling and nodding along with the general rhythm of things as Olive did a good job of explaining it all. Was Abeja—Dulce?—here to stay? Or merely just passing through, gathering information as she went?

The blackbird hoped it was the former. The willows were overrun by youngsters, who were quite delightful, but couldn't really fend for or feed themselves. They needed adults to care for them, and there seemed to be somewhat of a dearth of such, as of late.

feel free to skip her going forward!
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Really, Dulce didn't fit under any of the listed categories. The first few suggestions were still a few years beyond her, and the latter was debatable. Still, she thought that it might be worth while to humor Olive, who seemed more than eager to help. Perhaps, she answered, giving a mid-paced wag of her tail, Can I see it? Talking about the sanctuary was nothing compared to seeing the dynamics in live action. Dulce knew that it was unlikely either dame would accept, but she figured it was worth a shot.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
For some reason, Olive took an immediate liking to this woman. Perhaps it was because Lily also seemed to approve of her, and the druid help the blackbird’s opinion in the highest of regard. Her gut also said that this woman was safe, and her and Lily’s babies were safe with her around. Secretly and to herself, Olive mused that Dulce would make a fine Seraph.

Olive nodded and dipped her chin to the left, ushering Dulce inside their territory if she so wished.
“Of course you may,” she welcomed. “I only recently had my puppies,” she explained, to justify her late arrival and early departure. “But you are free to explore at your leisure.” As long as the visitor in question meant them no harm, anyone was welcome to enjoy the peace and tranquility of Elysium’s harbored lands. In fact, it was best for the sanctuary to allow others in and experience the magic, so that they might also want to protect it for ever more.

She smiled at Dulce, happy that she had happened upon this place.
“We have a rose garden in bloom, and a river that’s lovely to swim in.” and she stepped aside to allow Dulce to enter and be witness so such wondrous things.

Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Birth was a sign of new beginnings, something that dying packs rarely saw. The sanctuary must have been thriving, Dulce figured; it was nice to come across a community such as this, without the bounds of traditionalism. Having seen and noted Olive's invitation into the territory, she took a few cautious steps forward before bringing herself to a halt. Whether allowed or not, it felt wrong to walk into lands that weren't hers. Dulce bit anxiously at the inside of her cheek and trotted back to where she originally stood, giving both Lily and Olive an apologetic gaze.

Maybe I will come back, she laughed, not wanting to offend either one by her hesitance. For now, I go. As she moved further away from the blanchard and raven standing at the border, Dulce turned and nodded her goodbye, giving a conclusive wave of her tail.
spanish english
hover for translations!