Ankyra Sound oh my fuck tizir is about to go inactive
10 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
wowowowow i was not paying attention to this little fluffball sorry daughter.

Tizir was growing older by the day and more curious about the world outside the den with every passing moment. Yet, she was not as brave as her brother. She would often spend her time sitting right at the entrace to the den, staring out at the world before her. Her mother had explained that the constant whooshing sound she could hear in the distance was the ocean, and that that was also why the air smelled tangy and salty. She wanted to know what the ocean looked like, but the trees blocked her vision.

One day, feeling that she was finally brave enough to step out beyond the shelter of the dark den she had been born in, she wandered into the forest. Her goal was to reach the water, though she had no idea how far away it was. She was so focused on her goal that she did not even realize thather mother was slowly following along behind her, letting the little girl explore on her own for the first time ever. She sniffed at the ground, played with pinecones that she found, got distracted by bugs, but all the while, in the back of her mind, the ocean was her end goal. She wanted to know what it looked like and how big it was to make all that noise. Determinedly, she kept walking.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
one of the things caiaphas most relished about cubs, was when they were ready to explore the world. their wide-eyed innocence, their bottomless inquisition -- it awakened an old energy in caiaphas not felt since her youth, and it chased the ghosts of exhaustion away.

the crone fell in step behind grezig, giving her a brief nod before circling ahead. tizir and xizur were both getting so big; soon they would move to a rendezvous and start to grow into themselves under the safe arbor of rusalka. presently, tizir worried the edges of a pinecone, so caiaphas used that distraction to sneak by. finding a long stick not so far past the adventuresome pup, caiaphas brought it back and dangled it enticingly on the ground, lowering her head in invitation to play.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
54 Posts
Ooc —
It was with a childish glee that he bounded after his sister, tail moving a mile a minute behind him as he tripped over his own paws and face planted into the dirt before him. That saying about learning to walk before you run? Yeah, that doesn't apply to him.

Screw enjoying the scenery or taking your time. He was here to have fun and a pinecone wasn't going to cut it. So without acknowledging the woman who offered to play with his sister, Xizur pranced up to his littermate, gave her tail a hard tug, and then zipped away giggling like he'd just pulled the funniest prank in the world.
10 Posts
Ooc —
Tizir was intimidated by the presence of this other wolf, one she did not know. She glanced behind her, spotted her mother, and felt a little better about it. She watched curiously as the woman with the dark face picked up a stick and beckoned for her to play. Tizir’s tiny tail wagged behind her and she crouched down to leap onto the stick, but before she could do anything, she felt a sharp tug on her tail and yipped in surprise and fear. Her head shot around and she saw her brother running away on wobbly legs. She sat down in the dirt and cried. Xizur was always teasing her and she hated it! “Mama!” she yelled. She just wanted to explore on her own for once without her bigger brother being mean to her!
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
they were joined by an auburn haired rapscallion, the male of grezig's litter and allegedly a terror to boot. caiaphas watched with dry amusement as the little tyrant yanked abruptly upon his sister's tail, and then hauled away on careening, barely stable limbs.

the girl shared none of caiaphas' amusement -- she could see a tantrum was on the horizon, and the little babe slumped onto the ground with a caterwaul for her present mother. sharing a knowing glance towards grezig, the siren lowered herself to tizir's level and issued a reassuring croon. "oh, shush your crying, that's what he wants to see. boys are dreadfully predictable, you know. i prefer girls, myself. smarter. quicker. better. would you like to know how to get him back? " she winked, giving xizur's disappearing form a wide-grinned stare.
54 Posts
Ooc —
Tiny bubbles of laughter erupted from the triumphant youngster, his fleeing form filled with pride as he retreated behind a tree to plot his next act of mischief. Should he go for her ear next? Maybe the tail again?

A thought occured to him as he peered around the tree's edge, eyes glossed with devilry as he watched the dark faced woman whisper to his agitated sister. His gaze briefly fell upon his mother before sweeping back to land upon the scheming duo once more. A liver pink tongue slipped out to taunt them both before he slid back behind the tree again, an idea now brewing in the back of his mind.
10 Posts
Ooc —
Tizir sucked it up a bit at the strange woman’s words, which were so close to words her own mother would use when Xizur bothered her. Grezig was definitely a “tough love” kind of mom. She didn’t like it when Xizur constantly bothered her smaller daughter, but at the same time, she recognized the need for Tizir to learn to deal with it on her own.

Tizir watched Caiaphas was large eyes as the woman asked if she wanted to get Xizur back for his prank. This was the first time someone had told her that girls were better than boys. It stuck in her mind and made her curious. She didn’t believe it, necessarily, though she liked the sound of it. She pouted and nodded her head. “How I get back?” she asked in broken baby speech. For now, she was intrigued. She had never thought to get Xizur back before. Such a thought had simply never occurred to her.

Grezig watched curiously in the background, eyebrow raised. She wondered what kind of scheme Caiaphas had in mind…
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
xizur was ignored as he scampered behind a tree -- no matter how adorable the boy was, a part of caiaphas would always stay true to the nereides, in the sense she had a fondness for women, and a general disdain for men until they proved themselves otherwise. unfortunately, most men fell short of her standards -- and so, earned nothing but the siren's contempt.

she encircled tizir stealthily, in the manner an anaconda might circle its prey. this move was done to shield xizur from his sister, and obscure the two as they plotted their revenge. "you know, boys and men only want one thing --" she purled, her words a mere whisper: "they want attention. in it, their power lies." this might be too deep a lesson for one so young, but caiaphas had never believed in started too early. "we ignore him. we find better things to occupy our time with..  men cannot abide to being ignored. most of them believe it beneath them." she stood upright, as if taken surprise by something that suddenly captured her attention. "oh! my heavens -- look at this wonderful stick;" the siren rose and padded towards it, her eyes wide with mock-wonder: "come, we play without him --" she thrust one edge of the stick in tizir's direction, and started then to drag the toy away from xizur's sight.