Shadewood something immutable, an immovable destiny we could never alter
the starchaser
68 Posts
Ooc — Bo
All Welcome 
discovery of the skies had lifted the boy up. instead of seeking the warmth and confinement of the den, he would wait patiently until he could see the first rays of light flicker through the mouth of it and then he would race out with wide eyes, searching the sea above him for anything that might have been different from the day before. each time, his heart would thrum and beat with wild excitement. each time, he felt as though he could actually fly above – to touch the heavens with his paws – and then touch back down.

gaining sight had not dampened his imagination at all. while he had learned that there were things in the world he did not fully understand, and some that he did, there was nothing quite like the celestial sphere. deku knew that there would never be another thing quite as mesmerizing as all that existed above them. as young as he might have been, megumi's destiny was so great.

the boy was stretched out, arms extended in front of him and legs behind. his gaze was latched to the rolling clouds overhead. his thin tail wavered at his rear, never ceasing the joyous wag. as long as he searched above, he was happy.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
Z hadn't meant to wander so close to the den; he definitely didn't know Minori or Issun, like at all, and he was probably the last wolf that should be anywhere near a kid. But, he somehow missed the scent of mother and pups as he meandered through the trees in his usual aimless fashion. Probably because he was too busy silently hating his life to really pay attention to anything. It wasn't until he saw the pale boy sprawled out on the ground, staring up at the sky that he realized where he was. 

He froze, unsure what to do and half expecting one of its parents to come charging out of the den at him. When no one came, his eyes darted around a few times, and then he slowly took a few steps back. Maybe he could sneak away before the kid saw him.
Took the breath from my open mouth
Never known how it broke me down
the starchaser
68 Posts
Ooc — Bo
<3333 thank you so much for snagging this

too late, friend. deku turned his sights on the stranger and he lit up with a wide smile that seemed to stretch his puppy features. his tail flagged behind him and he plodded forward with a few eager steps. when he realized that he was moving a bit too far from the family den, the boy paused and sat down in the dirt with perked ears and a tilted crown. he was curious, but he did not know who this person was or why they were so close.

“hi,” the boy greeted softly; his voice was like the touch of the breeze. of course, deku did not have a very expansive vocabulary at that age. he knew a few words here and there, and he could make things up really well, but there was no way he would be discussing the philosophy of the universe anytime soon.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
of course <3

Damn. He'd been spotted. The boy rose from his spot and moved towards him a few steps before stopping and sitting, Z watching warily the whole time. Uh, hi, he replied. He glanced around again, hoping the kid's parents would come save him from this interaction, but no one came. Z knew nothing about pups or what they should and shouldnt be doing. He most definitely had no idea what to say to them. There were some obvious things, like he probably shouldn't cuss or encourage him to jump off a cliff or anything, but aside from that, Zodiac was pretty inept at dealing with these guys. 

Uh, what were you looking at? he asked, assuming the the pup could understand him. It didn't hurt to start with the obvious, right?
the starchaser
68 Posts
Ooc — Bo
the stranger seemed rather taken aback by the child across from him. deku was calmly observant of the other fellow, mostly because he had never seen a face that was not his mother or his father. it was nice to know that there were more of them out there and that they were close enough to visit the family den. perhaps it was not wise for the child to actively seek out a stranger, but he was still very young, and he had a curiosity that was difficult to reign in.

when the man asked him what it was that he was looking at, deku smiled softly and lowered his head a bit. while the starchaser was not entirely well-versed in his ability to understand all of what was being said, he was familiar with the question that was being asked. his mother had asked it of him on several different occasions when she had seen him outside the den, peering up at the heavens.

“pretty sky,” the boy answered and looked back up to the endless stretch of blue and bubbling white.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
Z looked up at the sky for a few seconds before lowering his gaze back down to the pup. Uh, yeah, sure, he said with a shrug. He never really paid much attention to the sky; he had too many other things consuming his thoughts, and although he wouldn't tell the child this, he didn't think there was anything really special about it. The stars are cool, I guess, he added. He used to be somewhat interested in them but now, he couldn't even remember the last time he had even taken a second to look up at night. Maybe he was afraid it would remind him too much of who he used to be, and he didn't need anymore of that.