Stone Circle [IPS] The first stop of many!
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
For @Gannet and @Sarah and anyone else that wanted to join Ibis on her quest! @Valette @Greyback & maybe @Korei Julia -- or anyone else from EH, are welcome!

Once the group was assembled and their message committed to memory, they were off.

A small group of adults with Ibis eagerly keeping pace between them, excited to finally be going on her adventure — she was eager to see the world outside of the Hollow and maybe even meet up with her friend Korei, but most of all she was full of anticipation for the eventual stop back home at Elysium, towards which she felt the biggest, strongest pull. Their first stop was across the hills and to the west - to the place called Easthollow (which Ibis still felt needed to be retitled since it was technically west of her home, but that was a very Lost-Creek-Hollow-centric view).

As the borders came in to view Ibis was awed by the beauty of the terrain. The expanse that filled her vision was unlike the more confined Hollow; she thought she could see distant stones rising from the horizon's line, in the distance -- how strange! But she paused and waited for the adults to catch up, and then when they were ready, she lifted her little head and sing-songed a call to the residents.
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei heard the call. She felt energetic today, so went right on over. Her tail swaying gently behind her. She had Moonspear on her mind lately, the trip, preparing herself mentaly. So when she saw a somewhat familiar face, her mind went right out of her mind and to another state. Of joy.

Bouncing over, she got into a play bow, her tail wagging. "Hey Ibis! You made it!" she greeted cheerfully. The only one that seemed so much like herself, in her own thoughts at least.
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
They were off! Gannet had told @Mona of his accompaniment so that she and Ashlar would know where he had gone, and now walked easily alongside Ibis and Sarah as they visited the first stop on the trail; Easthollow. Gannet knew nothing of this pack, but if they had knowledge, he planned to collect as much of it as he could while here.

Ibis did the honors as messenger-to-be, and soon enough they were greeted by a rather pleasant girl. Gannet smiled back, but remained silent, allowing Ibis to speak first. He could ask his questions once her task was complete!
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
(Most thread titles come from Into the Fire from the Scarlet Pimpernel)
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
Sarah had been somewhat reluctant to leave in the beginning, but she had convinced herself that doing something useful and different for a change, would be a good thing for her. And Ibis was not a difficult person to be around, and having Gannet as the second guard to keep her company was the deciding argument.

She let people, who knew the way best, be slightly in lead, while she stopped occasionally to check the surroundings quickly. The old skillset of being a guardian once let her slid back in the mantle easily. By the time the little party had reached the Easthollow - Ibis's first stop along the way - the thin, shaggy and miserable-looking she-wolf from the beginning of the journey had changed into someone, who was treading her ground with confidence and sense of duty.

Sarah was not too keen on actively seeking a social contact with the stranger that came to greet Ibis, therefore she remained and sat down at a comfortable distance from the girl. She watched the interaction happen, ready to step in, if and whenever Ibis would need it.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Sorta hoping for more of EH, but this'll work too.

Korei came bounding over when the call was made, and when Ibis turned her attention (rather, her hyper-vigilance) to the oncoming shape she was overjoyed to recognize her friend from weeks and weeks ago. Her tail raised and wagged. Before Ibis could stop herself she closed the remaining distance between herself and Korei and took over the situation. 

Hello Korei! I told you I'd visit! I brought some of my friends - we wanted to spread the good news from the Hollow and see if you had any to share with us, or anything your leaders might want to -- um, say to other people. The longer she tried to explain the more confusing she made it sound, and she grew hastily flustered, then looked to Sarah and Gannet, hoping they'd clarify a bit better than she did.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The girl settled before her friend, when she took her attention to the others there also. Two others, and one was...familiar? Korei could not place exactly why she felt the male was recognizable. But she merely frowned for a second, before turning back to Ibis.

"You did say you would! I am happy for this!" she bounded about across the ground in excitement. Before the mention of leaders. "They should come around! They'll be here, somewhere."
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Gannet listened as Ibis spoke and nodded. What she said made perfect sense to him. It seemed like, for now though, she was their only company. Maybe he could take advantage of the quiet before anyone else came.

If you have any healers willing to share, I'd love to learn also, he added, smiling at Korei and then glancing at Ibis. That was his only business here, and if they didn't, then they could simply collect messages and go. If they did, he could either remain a spell or come back later.
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
Sarah had no business here whatsoever, other than keeping an eye on Ibis and making sure that she did not get in any trouble. Being awkward at conversation herself, when it involved people she did not know, she entirely missed her niece's silent request to help out and polish her diplomatic speech. She was not familiar with the etiquette, therefore she assumed that the girl had covered the main points well, without getting into too much detail and going off trail.

She remained, where she was - attentive and watchful with an air of stoic guardian, who is fully focused on her duty.

Sarah is cameo from now on - you can PP her remaining in the background.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Dunno if I should wait for leadership or not, so I'll just post a quickie to keep things rolling.

Korei was pleased, and before Ibis could explain things further Gannet spoke up about his desires. The girl looked between both of the pale wolves with a smile. Gannet here is really good at healing. Maybe he can tutor someone in your pack, or we can trade what we know?

She paused to watch the reactions to both wolves before continuing on another vein: 

I'm here to announce that our leaders have welcomed new life this season. My dad -- er, Terance, and Treason, the Alphas. They have a litter. Then there's Rannoch and -- Ibis struggled for a second because she honestly forgot Rannoch's wife's name, but quickly recovered. Rannoch and Liffey are also parents this year. We have lots of babies! What about you?
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia looked back to the pack territory, behind her. Wondering why no one else had come by, yet...usually, they did. She found it a bit odd, before turning her attention back to the three before her. One was rather quiet, but it didn't bother her. She tended to be the same. What caught Korei's most attention was speaking of Gannet, and healing. She could swear she saw him somewhere but it whooshed on by.

"I can! I can, I learned to heal from friends! We have herbs, and I can help teach. Does that sound good?" Then Ibis continued. A nerve was struck. One buried. Her ear flicked. "Terance..." Rannoch, Liffey. She looked to the one she thought she recognized.

It all hit like a wave, she didn't want it to. In the span of a few seconds, she saw it all. And this whole time...if she were to be honest, Korei thought they would have killed him. "You lived..." She was staring almost. Before shaking her head to clear her thoughts. "Sorry I...I know some others by those names. Couldn't be the same, couldn't be!" She already knew it was.
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
The first news was exciting, that she knew and would share! He beamed and nodded, glad to accept the invitation. I can learn now or come back, he replied, though once he thought about it, coming back was preference. It would be a shame missing out on learning what other packs had to offer.

The second statement was confusing. I did, he replied, and from it's casualness you might expect he knew what she was talking about. He definitely didn't, though. He just knew the answer was yes because, well, he was standing here alive yes?
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis didn't know what the two wolves were talking about; she had expected an easy exchange of information but something had gathered Korei's attention and diverted it from Ibis' mission, which was a little bit frustrating. She didn't know what history there was between Gannet and her friend - and for a selfish moment she didn't care, and a small ember flared in her spirit as a powerful possessiveness overtook her.

She huffed softly to herself as the two exchanged comments and then jumped in when there was a small gap, ignoring her usual sense of decorum. Right, well, teaching aside - if you have any messages to send back to the Hollow I'll gladly take them with me. How fares Easthollow? I expect your leader has welcomed a new generation in to the ranks?
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia tried to push it all the way back from her mind. Way, way back from her mind. Till it was no longer in her thoughts, that day. By the time it was out of sight, and out of mind, Ibis was talking. "Valette indeed has children. I have not seen them yet, though" she gave in response to Ibis. To be honest, she was nervous to see them.

Then she quickly answered to Gannet, "Come back, maybe? It is quite a busy time lately." Korei looked between the group of wolves now. "And your pack?"
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Gannet nodded, clearly pleased by that response. He'd be sure to return later in the summer, as right now it suited him just as well to continue on and ask the next place. He looked forward to it though! His smile brightened at the prospect of the lessons.

Explaining their pack was another part of Ibis's role, he figured. So his part done, he waited.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
So they'd hit a snag, sort-of. That at least explained why their leader had not come to meet with them. It wouldn't dampen Ibis' drive for long. Oh! Okay, so you guys have kids to take care of. Must've been recent if she can't come say hello, but that's alright. Ibis' tail swayed behind her body; she glanced from Korei to Gannet with a small smile, then back again. 

When Korei rebounded the question back to Ibis, the girl was a bit flustered. She'd already said that the Hollow had multiple litters -- was there something else she had been sent to talk about? Something she was missing? A bit of doubt entered her mind and she tried to think of what to say, then blurted: Our pack is doing very well. Y'know Korei, it's been nice to catch up, but if there isn't a message you'd like delivered anywhere -- maybe we should get a move on? We have quite a lot of ground to cover.

She felt a little bit bad for forcing the issue, but Ibis didn't want to be left floundering and she felt so awkward and indecisive in the moment.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei paused. There was something that she wanted to pass on, knowing about Terance and Rannoch. They both had helped her when she was young...but with a sigh, she shook her head. It was for the better if they didn't know. Not till after her visit to her home. 

"I have nothing, and my alphas haven't told me much that would be noteworthy...but it's been fun!" Korei yipped happily. It had been fun to see her again. Before glancing off to Gannet. "And I'll try to be around for when you want a lesson!"
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Gannet smiled when Korei said that final part. I'll try to come soon, he said, though unknowingly circumstances would delay that a bit.

He wondered silently what lessons he would learn from them. Hopefully more than from others. He would need to form another list of questions to ask.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Wrapping!

Ibis smiled to Korei and said, It was very nice to see you again. I'd love to pop by sometime and talk - or maybe I'll come with Gannet and you can teach us all about the plants that grow in your territory? But anyway... Thank you, Korei, for meeting with us. She hastened to give her friend a little peck on the cheek with her nose, and with a wagging tail Ibis turned and departed from the gathering - waiting just a moment for Gannet to do the same, and Sarah, and together they'd depart for their next stop.