Shimmering Sands gol dolmora
38 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
anu was strident in his purpose as he came to the beach; a beach which, in that moment seemed to evaporate all of his composure.

he had never seen sands so lengthy, nor water so prolifically blue. the brine and the roar and the constant caw of gulls was almost too much for the chela, who kept his ears flat as he approached the brimming waters.

the way the ocean snarled and leapt as if it had a pull of its own fascinated him, but anu did not stay. his purpose was to keep moving, so he did so -- keeping his muzzle pointed towards the cliffs in the distance, anu made north.
-

s i c a m b r e

39 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Vegas had picked his way southward down the stone slopes. His den was located about halfway between the crest of the cliffs and the coast, where dirt, rock and sand combined and the earth was sturdy. In the weeks since he had made his home here, the snowy wolf had become adept at traversing the trecherous landscape, so it was only mildly difficult to reach the shore.

He leaped upon the sand with a soft thud and continued south, his intentions rather aimless. It was only moments before a slim figure caught his attention. The canine was unlike any he had seen in his life, very svelt, with sandy fur and gaunt features. At first he thought the creature was a coyote, but his scent suggested otherwise. This was undoubtedly a wolf, but a strange one.

His curiosity fully piqued, Vegas closed the distance between himself and the odd-looking wolf, releasing a soft chuff when he had come close enough for the other to hear him. His large blue eyes were wide in wonder, but they were soft, and his posture remained nonthreatening. 
38 Posts
Ooc —
there were settlements nearby, and anu took pains to avoid them. his mission was too costly - for this reason he wandered the foreign coastline, drinking in its exotic sights with wondering eyes.

he was so distracted by the coarse hum of the sea and the wind that he did not detect a wolf flanking him. the chuff, soft and intentioned, caused him to halt and spin in his tracks to meet his greeter. a hale wolf, powdered-snow in complexion -- significantly thicker-cloaked than he. anu gave the man a wary look, and muttered "maharaj," by way of greeting.
-

s i c a m b r e

22 Posts
Ooc —
cameo unless addressed

anti was not far behind anu. he had deviated only slightly in his travels so that he might explore the sands further. it was a marvelous sight to him, as well. the thin-limb creature had never seen something quite so spectacular in his time. with the warmth of the sun overhead and the sound of the waves against the shore, the volgra believed that they may have discovered a lost paradise.

it was just as he glanced upward that the mute noted the presence of a pale specter wearing the skin of a wolf. anti approached swiftly to anu's side, holding himself at a reasonable distance so that he could provide any protection that might have been needed. the cold sniping of his gaze was latched tight to the stranger, but he said nothing and he did nothing.
39 Posts
Ooc — Killi
No sooner had he cited his own presence than Vegas spied a second wolf who (in his eyes) nearly twinned the first. He jerked his head back slightly, bewildered that there was not only one, but two of these strange canines wandering the coast. He composed himself quickly, however, ears twitching forward to catch the strange words uttered by the first male noticed.

It occcured to him that perhaps these wolves did not comminucate in the same way he did. Vegas fumbled a moment, remaining silent longer than he intended to, before finally readdressing the pair of travellers, blue eyes darting warily between the two of them. I... I don't understand -- I'm sorry -- 

He felt his heart quicken. If they did not understand him, then the outcome of this encounter could possibly be questionable. At least he knew how to scramble quickly back up to the safety of the cliffs should things go awry.
38 Posts
Ooc —
anu’s posture remained neutral, though he caught the distant stare of his volgra companion as anti slid besides him. rather expectedly, vegas’ expression was one of confusion - he did not understand.  anu offered the northern man a sympathetic smile that did not reach his eyes; a mechanical expression, of a civilized nature that simply seemed to say ‘i understand.’

he cleared his throat, keeping his head held high to show he was neither deferential nor common. hell-oh he had never liked the commoner’s tongue, and when he deigned to use it there was often subtle disdain lingering at the tip his tongue.
-

s i c a m b r e