Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
All Welcome 
any/all babies (and others welcome) <3

"no, not that," the siren growled at @Raleska, shooing her way with an intemperate click of her teeth. the girl had been given one task: to get a hare -- instead, she returned with a marmot. sometimes, caiaphas swore had she not seen raleska come from her own loins, she would have believed her the whelp of a simpleton.

even though it wasn't what she wanted, caiaphas snatched the marmot from raleska's jaws anyway, and made towards the den of her pirates. hanging her head low, the siren announced her presence with a muffled chuff, eyes sparking with eager delight as she awaited the puppy welcome-reception.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
cameo, unless addressed

Raleska was slack-jawed as her mother dismissed her and then just as quickly snatched the kill from her jaws. Fuming, but having no recourse, Raleska mutely followed on the clipped heels of her mother. She hadn't even wanted to hunt for the old crone, but she lacked the spine to say no -- she had obviously wrongly assumed returning with something rather than emptyhanded was better than nothing.

Evidently not.

Raleska followed anyway, her steps becoming less tense the closer she drew to the den. While her mother played with the puppies, Raleska wanted to hang out with Rosalyn and Erzulie. She always enjoyed their company and their banter, and it was one of the few times the girl thought, or felt, she truly belonged among her family.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
feather heart
118 Posts
Ooc —
they had a visitor — two visitors, in fact — though neither of the women were unknown to the sand veiled boy. the smell of something — hopefully some kind of food — and the sound of approaching footfalls pulls scarab to his paws and he does a happy prance in place before scrambling out of the den with an abrupt and unfiltered eagerness in greeting, peering up at caiaphas, tail wagging furiously behind him, jumping up on his hind legs, pawing at her leg in an ill-fated attempt to lick her chin and sniff at the curious thing betwixt her jaws. he spares raleska a glance but caiaphas has what he assumes is food and thus she draws and holds the majority of his attention.
it's a quality of the gods
to see a creature with its back broken
and be unmoved —
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas watched as her daughter stormed by, as if indifferent to the girl’s presence. she might have cast a barbed word raleska’s way, but luckily for the thorny eyjolfur, scarab soon stole her attention entirely.

the waif smirked as scarab’s gaze fell on the marmot; dangling it just out of reach, the siren bowed gracefully to the ground, held it tentatively within scarab’s reach, and then romped right off at a pace the pup could easily contest.
feather heart
118 Posts
Ooc —
scarab watches the marmot dangling from caiaphas's jaws as if mesmerized and though he's not particularly hungry drool dribbles out of the corner of his mouth all the same. he watches with a energetic wag of his tail — accompanied by the wiggling of his butt — as she lowers into a bow, a universal sign of play in his still small world, the marmot dangling tantalizingly closer. scarab makes an attempt to grab at it only for his teeth to click together around air as she lopes off. for a moment, he's startled by the fact that he recoils back empty jawed ...but recovers quickly and runs after her with a protesting and determined yip.
it's a quality of the gods
to see a creature with its back broken
and be unmoved —
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
he's tenacious, this little son of the sound -- his jaws clicked together emptily, but no sooner had scarab registered his failure did he collect to his feet, bounding after caiaphas at a determined clip.

the siren slowed her gait, dragging the marmot idly through the sand. it was just slow enough a pace that if a rather intrepid cub happened to dive for the bait, they would reach it -- caiaphas' eyes were alight with mischief as she waited, tail arced above her in play.