Hideaway Strath Novae and Krynn
35 Posts
Ooc — Novae
Private 
Underneath a well canopy of treetops, a brown-gold black splotched colored female wolf laid nearby the river. Her eyes closed with ears twitching slightly keeping alert of her surroundings. She had brown-gold fur on one half of her face, and pure black on the other half with acid green eyes. Happily she enjoyed the peace the sounds of nature had to bring. Her siblings had gone off to who knows where. Usually she knew their whereabouts, but today she just didn't care. Being so close to your family could drive even the nicest wolf crazy after being in close quarters with them. Family fought from time to time. And Novae tried to keep a calm demeanor around them. She knew arguing back on stupid stuff just added to the fire.
Note: I welcome G through M rps. Just, Don't kill my character. ^_^ Much Appreciated. ♡
If u wanna thread with Novae, just PM me. I'll respond asap. 
26 Posts
Ooc —
Breathing...

One shallow exhale expelled from Krynn while her eyes narrowed on an enticing oddity. There was centered within the dotted backdrop of grass and twigs a sudden, and involuntary, stir. Ears tickled by the remnant of a winters coat batted away the sensation but had unknowingly signaling a nearby wolf. Krynn sat shallow within the emerald glen as a mar of black and white pelt displacing the uniform chaos of green from above. Yet to Wolf’s prey, this forest Hare, she remained concealed as nothing more than a shadow to the trees.

Although as moments molded into seconds Krynn’s senses began to heighten. Edges sharpened, light drew focus, and all the forest fell low to bended knee so that there was only this prey and her.

Finally, the Hare began to understand. At first it dismissed it as the passing clouds but as a sudden dreadful gloom fell over; it became agonizingly clear there was danger in the air. All that could be done now was to freeze… but Krynn had already found the creature and desired him entirely. Drums began to beat loudly in the Wolf’s ears but it was not her own. The Hare felt a choking wind around his neck, he couldn’t breathe, he couldn’t cry out, because something or someone was out there!

That was what she wanted. Fear…
Agony in waiting. Unknowing of the there-after. Should he run for the burrow? No- if there was something there then it would surely find him. A bear? Fox? What could turn his blood to coil in his own stomach? Slowly the feeling of what he only knew was “the end” paced itself closer and closer until he couldn’t stand it any longer! The Hare leapt from the bush and turned but there was a shadow! Then Teeth! …and then there was only darkness.

Krynn savored the soft crunch of bone embracing meat between her canines. Somehow it wasn’t the warm broth of the Hare’s life essence that made wet her palate like many of her kind. It was, instead, the moment she could taste the fear of her prey in its final moment. “Such sweet euphoria.” Her spine tingled to the tip of her tail as she breathed in deeply to ease her blood flow. Only as the forest began to right itself her ears perked and that keen nose of hers homed in on something that escaped her previously. A familiar scent yet oh so distant from her own likeness. Krynn tossed the corpse in her maw to wrap her teeth against its neck tighter then drew down her ears. Another wolf was near…
35 Posts
Ooc — Novae
Novae's nose twitched at the smell of blood from someone's fresh kill. Suddenly aware of this she quickly opened her eyes and lifted her head to look around her. She didn't see anyone in sight, but she didn't want to be caught off guard either. Quickly she got up from her plush spot in the grass near the river and quietly walked hiding behind the trees one by one as she followed her nose locating where the metallic smell of blood was coming from. "So much for a peaceful day." She thought tiredly.

She flattened her ears close to her head and lowered herself to the ground as her acid green gaze caught sight of a silhouette of a wolf in the distance. Careful to not make any sounds from the dead leaves and other foliage around her, she quietly got up closer to try and observe the stranger. Once close enough taking shelter hidden behind some strong scented flower bushes to try and hide her scent, she saw a black female wolf with a white streak going down her neck to tail tip. Novae only knew one wolf in her life with that marking.

With a sigh she emerged from the bushes. Feeling more relaxed on knowing who was in the area, Novae sat down and shook her head not surprised to see her sister. "I see you caught yourself a nice snack." She stated calmly. Novae knew her sisters could be a pain to deal with sometimes. But she did love them all. However they were very different from her. Like day and night. Sometimes she even wondered if she was related to them at all.
Note: I welcome G through M rps. Just, Don't kill my character. ^_^ Much Appreciated. ♡
26 Posts
Ooc —
Presumptuous.... 

Of course it was Novae lurking in the brush. That sweetly scented Wolf was like a field of Lavender to Krynn's nose befitting the life style and personality she clung to so tenderly. The Black Wolf forced herself to best her inner instinct to roll her eyes in reply and instead silently, like a ghost, strode over to the sibling born of their mother Nemira. Nothing needed to be said as everything had been spoken. Krynn bent down and rend the Hare's hide from its back before tearing off a leg.

Bone snapped along with tendons during the task until the meat was uncermoniously tossed infront of Novae. Still Krynn didn't reply as it was her way. After all she was the runt of their litter and took a more guarded mentality due to past strife and competativness.  "Kristi..." The native ancient tongue of their pack rolled from Krynn and she spoke its meaning there after as if she were still teaching herself. "Eat..."

Though as the stillness between the pair grew more stale Krynn was not so disconnected to ostracize her sister. Nor was the offering of food so genuin as it was more of a distraction. The Nightly colored Wolf drew her tongue across her bloodied maw like a curtain and nestled closer to the other, more attractive, Wolf of gold and brown. A moment of awkardness passed and Krynn slowly locked her gaze on Novae and with a sudden grin of evil intent pounced. Rubbing and pawing the blood of her kill all over her sisters finly groomed back and closest side pushing against her sisters weight for as long as Novae dared to allow. A bubbling laughter beginning to surge from her chest while doing so.
35 Posts
Ooc — Novae
Curiously Novae watched as her younger sister Krynn silently walked up to her. She lifted a brow in wonder as the silent black and white wolf tore off a leg for her. Novae ate meat obviously and loved it. She also enjoyed hunting, but the sound of bones cracking always freaked her out while tearing away at the prey they were devouring. It always made her cringe. 

Hearing the hind leg of the hare as it made a bold THUD in front of her paws, she looked up from it and stared at her sister. Novae really wasn't that hungry at the moment, but she didn't want to be rude to Krynn by declining. She smiled at her and dipped her head in gratitude towards her "Generosity". She leaned down and tore a piece of the flesh from the bone, then slowly enjoyed the flavor of the fresh kill before leaning down for more.

As Novae went down to rip off another piece, she paused briefly as her sister leaned up against her. What are you doing Krynn? She thought suspiciously. Her sister never was like this with her...or anyone for that matter. Suddenly she felt the warm sticky blood from Krynn's mouth and paws being rubbed on her back and side. The thought of it got her upset, as she didn't like to get dirty. At least, not blood. When it dried, it always matted her fur and she found herself washing her coat for hours to clean it off. 

A growl quickly formed in her throat as her sisters laughter tickled her ears. "You think that's funny do you!?" Novae should of known better then trust her sister in that moment. She alway's gave her sister respect despite Krynn being the runt in the litter. But she knew she wasn't gonna put up with her antics today. Her gold-brown black colored coat bristled as she snarled at the Krynn. Not to roughly she shoved her sister away with her side til she was pushed a bit away from her personal space. "I'm not in the mood today Krynn. It's gonna take me hours to clean my fur throughly!"
26 Posts
Ooc —
Setting the tone...

Laughter, Anger, Family. Novae provided Krynn with exactly what she desired from her all too perfectly. The Black Wolf was repelled some relative distance from that of the Brown nearly stumbling to the ground as, once, contained laughter spilled out. However such as Krynn was that moment faded quickly as it had come once her footing took hold once more.

Now Krynn began to orbit her sister much like a Mountain Cat circling a wounded kill assessing if it was safe to move in and relish in its work. "-It's gonna take me hours to clean my fur throughly!" Novae insisted. Yet Krynn could only shrug a none caring expression in reply. Both eyes were naturally slanted and more narrow than that of her sibling. However the flow of her white fur marking around those eyes, so uniquely, into that of a Wolf skull often time obscured this feature. To family though it was clear that Krynn gave off a sign of amusement. "Dary nenx zkuso." She sat down in front of the gutted Rabbit, "Just think. Now you have found a reason to entice one of the males to bath the spots you cannot."

Her head lowered and those words rolled off the tongue more so as an enchanting hiss. An accent which Krynn brandished alone. Eagerly Krynn quickly pressed the encounter from herself by lapping up a piece of meat for herself before ripping what remained into a mangled mess. After all this kill was not to sat hunger but for a much larger plot on Krynn's mind. With meat claimed all she needed now was time to pass and the scent to lurk about the Wood. Krynn pushed most of the ambiance out of her mind and listened for a specific indication that what she sought was close to the pair of Wolves. Her nose working in conjunction. Though not drowning out Novae as her gaze refocused. 

Inspecting the beauty of her sister. Never the jealous sort that she was Krynn would gift genuine regard for the qualities her sibling held even decorated in the state she was in, "Gretusa, Kam kitur buti kia umovi j'us ane na vonia ir nekiryr?"

Krynn cocked an eyebrow changing her expression to a look of question while comedicly changing her skull pattern to mirror the same.
35 Posts
Ooc — Novae
She listened intently as she started licking at her chest fur trying to get the blood cleaned off of her. Quit your whining. Novae's ears lowered against her head in annoyance at her sister. But once Krynn's comment about her using her bad situation to tempt some Male wolf reached her ears, she quickly veered her head to look at her sister. Embarrassment flashed through her facial features. She could barely get out a word in that moment. "S-tatki dzok." S-shut up. She replied while avoiding eye contact with her sister.

She curiously watched as Krynn started tearing at the hares body again. Its remnant's were splayed throughout the forest floor. What exactly is she planning? She thought. Before long, Krynn's sudden question took her off focus from the hare her sister had mauled. Not knowing if her question was serious or one just to get under her skin, she hated having when asked questions unanswered. "Kojasi Nu neyasi. Ilsir nenx nyâsh kia dary temias diena." Hunting I guess. Their isn't that much to do these days.

Licking back at her fur a few more times she got up and walked to the other side of the Hare and faced Krynn. Novae couldn't help but wonder what her sister was doing with the prey's remains. "Krynn, kam butenji buti j'us dary?" Krynn, what exactly are you doing? She asked curiously. She sat down once again tilting her head a little to the side.
26 Posts
Ooc —
What indeed

It was not at all tempting to chastise Novae for her innocents; to bask in the sun and worry of only the meal that follows the next before rubbing a belly full of pups to make the circle repeat itself once more. Krynn hoped a Wolf of her blood, her kin, would not rest easy on the mundane nature of such an existence yet such as Novae was now, “-Looking to the next opportunity, Sweet One.”

That’s all Krynn offered as a veiled answer to her Sister’s question. In the moments that followed Krynn used the meat to paint the bark of a fallen tree using her maw and the meat caught there in like a painter’s brush against the canvas of the forest.
There were no colors, no grand image, but a scent that instead drove a story board into tiny puzzle pieces ready to be splint together. It said there was a fight and with a lack of the victim in sight what would a scavenging predator do with such information?

The Black Wolf then drove what remained of the meat into the hallow that the Hare once called home. A fitting final resting place for the maggots to deliver him back into the earth.

“You can wait till nightfall, -or..” She paused and oriented herself in the shadow of a tree. “Go back to your river bedding.” Krynn shook her coat of her pent-up excitement before her gaze turned cold and focus. The skull like pattern, on her muzzle, narrowed those eyes so that it highlighted a demonic lust and nurtured a need for something more profound then bloods narcotic craving.

“…I warn you only now that if you stay, you will not walk away as you were before.”
35 Posts
Ooc — Novae
Novae rolled her eyes at the comment sweet one. She knew it didn't settle well with her siblings that she was the only truly nice one in the Sahira family. She continued to watch her sister as she spread the hare's entrails through the area and in the hollow. The smell was enticing, but the sight of it was not. Novae had a idea what her sister was planning, but she had been wrong before. Her sister seemed to have a twisted way of thinking. ...then again, most of all her siblings did anyway. She also knew them to be quite cunning as well.

As her sister crept to the shadows, she raised a brow in interest and also felt a bit offended. Back to my riverbed? What's that supposed to mean? That i can't handle what your planning to do? Novae huffed and lurked over to hide within the shadows of the trees ignoring her sisters lustful look for blood. She glanced over at her defiantly before laying down deciding to groom her pelt til nightfall. "I'm staying right here." She replied. 

She licked at the dried blood on her black and gold brown pelt trying to get the tufts of clumped fur smoothed out. She whipped her head over towards her sister and narrowed her acid green eyes challenging. "I think my faint of heart can take it." She muttered irritably.
26 Posts
Ooc —
Faint of heart...

Haunting words for one so pure of spirit. Did Novae understand just what her willingness to seem more than she was might cost her? Krynn said nothing as the day rolled into the night. It was calm and warm kissing the Black Wolf's coat with a nip from its faintly cold breath; just to remind the four legged predators that winter was gone but would return again.

In the leaning hours of the night Krynn's eyes adjusted to the lessening gleam of light from the moon until her ears honed in on what she came here for. At first there was nothing but a few low born scavengers that fled when they caught the Wolves scent. However soon a pair of yellow tainted eyes carefully surveyed the area gripping Krynn's full attention. A Coyote... With fur worn and course having the remnant of its winter's coat still. Krynn tensed her muscles to hover in place but didn't rise. Her eyes fixed as she watched the creature sniff about bravely for what was left of the Hare. Even when its back was turned giving her and Novae a clean flank to rush in on Krynn remained still. Far after the smaller canine found its prize of meat and began to back track the Wolf still remained still. "Follow me." she whispered...

Krynn followed the Coyote over the stream and across known land until she was sure this was the place. Krynn could smell the air, that scent, she had found the day week before but couldn't locate the source. That was until now when she watched the Coyote duck under fallen tree strewn with brush and dead foliage. The angle was just right and Krynn knew her moment to reposition was now. "tnirma mezdi." Flank left... The hiss was just loud enough for Novae's delecate hearing to touch. The Sister Wolf didn't even wait to see if Novae understood as she glided like a shadow through the brush and low hanging branches until she sat above the downed tree, out of sight, and ready. When The Coyote came up she would let her sister be seen first and then pounce the flank.
35 Posts
Ooc — Novae
When night had fallen, Novae had finally finished cleaning the majority of her fur. However, she hadn't managed to get all of it out. But she could smell rain on it's way for tomorrow and figured she could get herself wet then to wash off its remnants.

Looking up over at her sister, Novae noticed Krynn tense as a dark silhouette of a creature came closer to where the hare's remains were. As it grabbed the leftover prey and left, her ears twitched at the sound of her sisters command. Silently Novae got up and followed behind her sibling. Once past the river and nearby the coyotes home, she hesitated at Krynn's command. She should of expected her sister to run off with not so much as a explanation for what the full on plan was. Still, Novae had a good idea what her sister planned to do. She sighed and went left, quietly approaching the fallen tree.

It wasn't long before Novae's scent reached the coyote. The creature slunk out from the shadows of its home. Its ears laid flat against his head, teeth bared and snarling at Novae viciciously to defend its territory. The black and brown-gold wolf growled at the dark creature, tail fluffed out as she took a few steps back to try leading the coyote out into the open for her sister Krynn's attack. Normally wolves didn't attack or kill coyotes, but sometimes when they became a threat or crossed a wolves territory, they were hunted down. However, Novae had a deep gut feeling there was a chance Krynn was just gonna kill the coyote for sport.
26 Posts
Ooc —
Such arrogance

Krynn was ready and set into her position as the muzzle of her prey came into focus and then ears stretching into a tense body ready to wage a desperate skirmish. Novae coaxed out the Coyote with some genuine curiosity from Krynn having thought the lesser races of their realm such as that, lesser. However, these thoughts and musings pressed away as soon as her instincts poured over her body tensing like a coiled serpent and then lashing out from the brush onto the backside of her target.

It was almost as fast as lightning. How Krynn bolted as the shadow pup that she was into the air and down again. Her form rolled with the opposing canine melding into a wheel of brown and black fur misting out the metallic scent of blood. Krynn tasted her victory and latched on raking her head from left to right but then pushed off to gain ground. Quickly she fired back onto the dazed and confused Coyote landing another bite and the Coyote, this time, became more in tune enough to deliver a counter. Though to little use as Krynn’s pelt was thick enough to shake the ill struck assault.
Again, Krynn launched back breathing heavily staring the Coyote down. Those menacing eyes crept over the wounded animal in study noticing a heavy limp and a trickle of blood flowing down to the dirt. Krynn began to laugh and then turned away from both her sister and the Coyote growing increasingly mad with amusement. This had gone off so deliciously according to plan.
Once she neared the hidden burrow her paws began to dig out the entrance so that her form could snake within but her adversary became equally crazed though with panic. It tried to lung but fell short due to its injury. “Tapidabar. J’us buti dujikri tave kukas mess vies ivtu’iea-“ Krynn chuckled, “Oh that’s right. You know not the language of the Gods…”

Her attention shifted to the burrow, slowly, as her ears physically homed in on the fragile squeaks of the innocent; of pups protected from sight. Krynn’s wolfish grin knew not how to be inviting as her lust for horror ravaged her own imagination as to what might come next. Those evil stricken eyes turned to her sister, Novae, one last time before she began to dig at the entrance once more.

You cannot!” The feminine shreek from the Coyote could not detour Krynn’s attention. After all, mortals couldn’t shake the will of a God no more than the Sky command the Mountain to kneel…
35 Posts
Ooc — Novae
Novae wasn't quite sure why she agreed to this knowing her sister Krynn's intentions. Perhaps because she knew, KNEW if her sister didn't kill some larger creature then just small prey, surely her psychotic craving for a kill would be the death of everyone else. The other part? Competitiveness. Novae loved a good challenge. However, she did have her limits considering her morals. Was she truly any better then the rest of her Sahira Family? No. She had her faults, but she preferred to bottle them up, instead of talk about them. She had darkness in her, but kept it away. Only using it in certain circumstances. Unlike the rest of her siblings who embraced it full force. No control.

Novae jumped back as the black and white wolf leaped on top of the coyote, mercilessly shaking the creature in her jaws. Wincing at the site as Krynn took a nasty bite out of the creature, she wasn't used to seeing her sister so violently aggressive. She usually hid away from any involvement when she was out for a kill. As she leaped back and took another lunge at the coyote, Novae quickly hated herself for getting involved this time. The Coyote didn't stand a chance. Noticing the blood dripping from the creatures pelt, she knew it wasn't over yet. Her sister's dark aura felt incredibly thick as she stopped to stare down her opponent.

With a crazed laugh escaping her sister, it was as if Krynn were death itself in Novae's presence. The sound of her laughter making her unsure just what Krynn would do next. Unpredictable. Was the only word that came to her mind. Now avoiding the coyote and digging within its home, the brown-gold and black splotched wolf grew curious. She thought for sure her sister would of killed the coyote, now that it was immobile.

After the sad attempt of attack from Krynn's opponent, the black and white wolf gave another chuckle of satisfaction to the creature's distress. In the brief silence as Krynn looked back at the den, Novae heard the sounds of pups hidden within. Her acid green eyes slowly pinpointed at the look her sister gave her. The knowledge now of what Krynn was planning to do was far off from what Novae would of allowed when it came to allowing her sisters insanity to be unleashed. As soon as her sister started digging again, Novae ignored the coyotes pleas to her sister, she needed to act fast. Novae wasn't gonna sit by and let innocent pups die. The thought repulsed her.

Without considering the outcome of the situation at hand, Novae leaped, shifting all her weight into Krynn's side to push her far away from the dens opening and the mother coyote. Quickly as her sister had no balance gained yet from her interference, she leaped on top of her sister and pinned Krynn to the ground. Acid green eyes narrowed, teeth barred, and stance held firmly in place, her sister was much smaller then she was, but she had to be wary. For their were most likely tricks of trying to be released from her grasp. Anger clearly shown on Novae's face.

"Nie KRYNN! Nie nekaltas suniuk buti imkijsi nudien! Nenx is nuyak akiva!" NO KRYNN! No innocent pups are gonna die in my presence! Wanting to look up over at the coyote, she decided better of it. Taking her eyes off Krynn could be a big mistake on her part. Novae knew better. "Is tims, Nu buti daboti tave motina kian. Xis ar m'tye mrias, mazo dary tave suniuk. Zhol ai le snaâ mure j'us xauti arush zudyti kia dusasezi tu'iea geisti." In fact, I'm protecting the mother too. Because if she dies, so do the pups. It's best you find another kill to satisfy your lust today. And I don't mean me either! She growled. Novae was not gonna let her go freely, and even if she gave her word that she would go find some other creature to kill, she knew there was a chance of her sister going for her target. So she knew there was a high probability she wouldn't leave without a fight. And Novae knew she would have to take her on if Krynn decided to take that route.
26 Posts
Ooc —
Sudden and swift...

Krynn felt herself lifted and propelled. No warning nor seeming thought that her sister, Novae, might turn on her own for the sake of an outsider. In fact what might Mother and Father say? More over what might the All Father think of this aggression against kin? All those questions didn't matter when reality was that those Wolves weren't there; it was Krynn and Novae alone to face this day and walk away into the night into tomorrow.

Novae pinned the black and white sister to the ground and what faced her was nothing short of what best described Krynn as amused. A minute smirk blurring the lines of reason and insanity. Could Novae read into this? "Kodel, Nunce Wo, kam visaz buti tave dalykas?" Why, Sweet One, What ever is the matter?

"-Nie nekaltas suniuk buti imkijsi nudien! Nenx is nuyak akiva!" Krynn's skull like white pattern narrowed its gaze on the assailing Wolf but in Krynn's own eyes she simply shrugged this expression of Novae's off her pelt with no more a struggle than she gave here and now. However on Novae's words, "And I don't mean me either!" Something switched on in the Black Wolf. Eyes burning into a sinister glare as initially shock took over in the form of her pupils shrinking then growing to encompass the void she felt consuming her emotions. Had any other creature threatened her own she would have ended them before the sun broke the night on the morrow. Except that this imaginary creature was real and her sister at that...

It was that cursed Coyote lingering near by no doubt counting the blessings of her night that this enormous boon had fallen into her den. Krynn's blood boiled blacker than the nights sky enough to block out the stars and wipe clean the land in one eternal shadow. At first it may have seemed as though this Sister, Krynn, planned to kill the other but she knew herself and the laws that she allowed to govern her. That's why she suddenly howled into the night's air loud and clear. Not a call for help but a declaration of promise. A curse.

The howl mutated into a twist of escaping air and crazed laughter. 

Krynn shifted her head to see the Coyote, "You hear that?! She cursed you with her promise!" Krynn shot a look at Novae that spilled poison over her next vow. "You, Sweet One, murdered that creature there!" Eyes illuminated by the Moon caught Krynn's demonic nature in the full view of her own kin. This was all for a cause that might shape Novae into a figure that the realm may worship. After all they were Gods and Krynn was not the giver of this Pantheon but a taker of life. A force of vile nature working with the light though against it all the same. Had this visit gone as planned the Coyote would have raised Gods fearing pups to uplift Novae as the great Mother and to fear the Shadow of the Mother. Novae's Sister Krynn would be that shadow. Life and death incarnate.

However since Novae uttered the words of such a grave offence as to insinuate that Krynn may slay her own dear sister... Krynn would seek retribution the only way she may. 

"Nu diable tu'iea namnerezi! Nu stukali nie cezura valia tapti' kia j'us! Anas is tave Naktis ai degonis visas kuzdeti valia buti nuyak vadinti ir is tave Diena visas Hadzuska valia akcij kia prasasja kam Nu svajone!I curse your Ward! I promise no rest will come to you! That in the Night's air every whisper will be my name and in the Day every Shadow will move to claim what is mine! "Nu diable tave Kruva kia galia nie varjirase diyezi, kia tave vanduo kia aukoti nie malsini gtermasi, ir kia j'us vina Sessuo-" I curse the Mountain to hold no safe burrow, to the water to give no calming sip, and to you dear Sister-

Krynn's voice hissed on the naming of her sibling. "...-Nu diable tu'iea vadinti. Mazo anas nie kraujas iv nuyak kraujas rixik vim arsatkasi su sis najeci..." I curse your name. So that no blood of my blood dare interfere with this vow... 

Those eyes, red in the gloom of night, never left her Sister's.
35 Posts
Ooc — Novae
"dary nenx Aukoti Nun Anas!" DON'T GIVE ME THAT! She growled. "J'us zenoti itin duobé kam buti tave dalykas." You know very well what's the matter. Novae was pissed. She let her sister usually do what she wanted, but this was taking it to far. For Novae knew if it was her in the mother coyotes position, she would become devastated at the loss of her pups. Suddenly the dawn of that realization making it even worse for the coyote if her sister only killed the pups and left the coyote to suffer the loss. Novae hated the fact her mind was always coming with ideas of the things her family were capable of. She shook her head to clear away the thoughts. She could only read Krynn's thoughts so far…and she didn't want to know what she was possibility planning. Krynn always kept Novae on her toes it seemed. Her mind trying to stay a few steps ahead.

Novae was confused at the look in her sister's eyes. Krynn's laugh caused her fur to rise slightly. You hear that? She cursed you with her promise! Novae's ears twitched. Her acid green eyes rolled then half closed in irritation. Dramatic. But the look her sister gave her made her aware just how angry Novae really made Krynn. Unaware of the real reason why Krynn was so mad at her, she listened intently to her sisters words. "You, sweet one, murdered that creature there!" Novae's ears laid against her head, green eyes flashing with confusion. Novae couldn't possibly murder anyone. That wasn't in her nature. Realizing she possibly made the situation worse by stopping Krynn, she knew she was in trouble with her younger sister.

Novae's green eyes widened as her sister called forth a curse upon her and those whom she was protecting. Not completely sure if the curse her sister said was real or not, now she would have that upon her mind, eating away at her. Krynn's stare pierced through her. For being the runt of the litter, she always did have a severe temper. Novae was never fond of it. Sometimes she wanted to cuff her sister across the ears...but figuring that route of action would just make her angrier, so she avoided it.

Possibly a move she would regret, she got off Krynn, releasing her from her grasp. Still wary of her sister's future actions, she moved backwards quickly, yet cautiously as to stand in front of the injured mother and blocking the den's entrance to protect the pups inside. If her sister was to attack her, then so be it. She wasn't going to let shame overcome her for making the right choice. She would hate herself more if she allowed it. She already put blame on herself for getting involved in the first place. She narrowed her eyes at Krynn, head held high. "Nu arlveti j'us mezdi tave plota Krynn. Zuti xauti kair ane irankir kia zudyti." I suggest you leave the area Krynn. Go find some other creature to kill. Her tone serious and unwavered.
26 Posts
Ooc —
Laughter...

...Crazed and immediate laughter only continued to boil to the surface. Krynn was swollen with utter amusement with the drool of words that seeped from her sisters maw. Oh so harsh and full of scornful temptation, such as it was, to Krynn. Novae felt for the pups and their Mother which on any given day may indeed be something worthy of praise. Yet here and now she made a trivial thing into a a much more colossal issue for the family. "Nunce Wo?" Krynn choked on her overflowing amusement. "Kam buti tave dalykas?" (what's the matter?) 

It was a hidden jest as if to ask, "Have I offended you?"

The Pitch covered Wolf rolled to her paws steadying her footing as she looked from one canine to another. Her thoughts abuzz with how she planned to devastate Novae and her attempts at playing the protector. Nothing would deny her kill this night and that in of itself would serve as a reminder to Novae and all the rest of her pack. That they were Gods... -and Gods never yielded what they had laid claim to. "Enjoy your final night."

Krynn nodded to the Coyote from the shadow of the overhang. The moonlight moving to both veil Krynn and illuminate her demonic mirrored eyes. Her threat was no threat but a promise. This Mother would die and Novae indeed killed her with something as petty as words.

Those same malice filled eyes dared a gaze to the otherwise deemed lesser Sister. A light chuckle still reminding her of the curse Krynn had placed this night. The white birthmark that drew itself upon Krynn's head framed the her eyes aglow as saliva kissed the underlaying jaw line. " (for) -Your inaction doomed her... My Sister."

Krynn withdrew backwards slowly. Her eyes scanned an exit route through the darkest depths of the wood before she turned to face the opposing pair and like a Ghost she faded away. Engulfed in the night. One last hiss called back on the wind to her sister from the Darkness, sang like it were a tune. "...linger linger my, why do you dare. -Caught in.. my web... left only to stare.."

Her voice echoed and crossed throughout the surrounding brush. It was an ominous song, "-and.. when.. We.. meet.. again... what I shall leave will only, be... -despair."

That final word trailed off endlessly. Endlessly as the night stretched unto the horizon.
35 Posts
Ooc — Novae

Novae's acid green eyes narrowed at her sister's taunts. As she disappeared within the darkness, the song Krynn sang echoed through her mind. Surely her sister was the curse itself she was talking about. "And when we meet again what I shall leave we'll be, only despair." Forever tormented by her own sister. 

Turning, she sniffed at the mother coyotes wounds. They were bad, but not bad enough she wouldn't recover. "You'll be fine. I won't let anyone harm you. Your wounds will scar though." She glanced over at the den where the pups laid hidden. Her gaze softened as she rested them upon the coyote. "You care for them, and I'll keep watch out here." She said soothingly.

The coyote looked wary and exhausted, but listened intently to the Novae' s words. Limping slightly, she crawled in the den. Squeaks and whimpers of happiness clearly heard from outside. Novae smiled and laid down blocking the entrance. Resting her head on her paws, she kept her ears and eyes alert for anymore trouble from Krynn or other potential threats...

~A few hours Later~

As the hours went by, Novae Contemplated on what to do. She knew she couldn't stay and protect the mother and its pups forever, as much as she wanted too. Their was only so much she could do on her own. Eventually she would need to hunt and other things for her own survival. "Ugh. Why did I have to let my competitive side suck me into this mess?"

Stopping, a thought came to mind. "If Krynn can't kill me due to Sahira laws..." Of course! She wished she realized it sooner. Even her sister had rules to abide too. Knowing Krynn was most likely hanging around waiting for a chance to attack, she sighed giving a defeated look as to hide her plan. "KRYNN!" she yelled.

Besides just a plan, Novae actually would do what she was said she was gonna do to save innocents. Was she stupid? Crazy? Novae wasn't very sure who she was at times. If the Ancients wished this fate upon her, then so be it. Despite the Sahiras seeing themselves atop anyone else in status due to their beliefs and culture, Novae liked to think herself as a equal. Not one to raise above the others, but to stand beside them. 
26 Posts
Ooc —
This sudden wailing...

...of course Krynn wasn't far from Novare yet her attention couldn't be anymore the inverse to this fact. Raisning her head from the ground, from where she lay, the Black wolf waited. It allowed a level of despiration to drip into Novae as Krynn mistook her sister's sudden outburst for confidense. A distastfull emotion after having cursed the pampered Wolf not long ago.

As the moments rolled by into minutes and stretched into the later part of an hour she finally gave a strung out howl to the stars. Krynn's tone echoed across the night air as a banshie's cry. Meant to unerve her sister, this was true, but also let the elder sister speak her mind into the night. For that was Krynn's domain...
35 Posts
Ooc — Novae
Knowing her sister, Novae knew Krynn would somehow make her wanna doubt if she was really out their or not. But she knew better. Novae was patient. She could wait. As it grew darker, she sighed tiredly out of boredom. If anything could kill her, boredom would have done it. Normally she would sleep when their was nothing to do, but since she was waiting on her sisters reply, she found herself restless. Novae needed to stay focused on her task at hand.

Ears twitched as Krynn's howl reached her ears. "Toying with me eh?" she thought. It figured Krynn would keep herself hidden among the darkness. It's where she felt most at peace and secure...and where she could have the advantage of her opponents and Siblings. None of them savored the darkness as Krynn did. The opposite of Novae. She rather would of basked in the sunlight somewhere. 

Standing tall, whether Krynn believed her or not, Novae knew what must be done. Even at the cost of her expense. It was one such act, even she would of carried out as one of the Sanctified. "My life for theirs Krynn. INNOCENTS FOR INNOCENTS!" Surely this would pique her interest, drawing her out from the shadows. Novae figured this was a better trade off. Her life for theirs. Surely Krynn wouldn't kill Novae, but Novae could kill herself.
26 Posts
Ooc —
"Come again!?"

....Krynn appeared. Like a screaming banshee the Wolf materialized in an outcry of horror and anger. "You are bluffing!" Fury engolfed the charcoal colored Wolf as she paced back and forth snarling breathless rage. How could Novae pull this on her? Leave Krynn for a lowly peasant? A mortal coil easily snuffed out and replaced was worthy of Novae's death? Her own Sister?!

"I curse your name! The family curses your name!" She couldn't believe this. Krynn caught the frightened eyes of the Coyote and lunged, "You!" Instantly haulted in her tracks as her spinal hair stood erect and those yellowed eyes darted to Novae with doubt. Would she actually do it? The Wolf remained solidly in place waiting and watching for any doubt.
35 Posts
Ooc — Novae
As expected, her sister surely wouldn't stay hidden forever. "Why would I bluff? You should know by now I'd keep my word." she replied. That was Novae's way. It did surprise her a bit however that Krynn wouldn't think she would do it. After being born and raised together, surely she should of known. She was always trying to protect and save others. Unless she truly felt they deserved what they had coming to them...and that was rare for Novae to just walk away. Still, she remained calm with Krynn's outburst. Acid green eyes intently watched her sister as she paced about in a wild frenzy. 

It was when Krynn started to lunge that the coyote hid behind Novae in fear. She ignored her sisters curses, as they were more outburst of anger in that moment then anything. Unmoving, Novae's gaze locked with Krynn's. She had decided. Words were not needed in that moment of silence. Now it was on her sister Krynn to decide Novae's fate...
26 Posts
Ooc —
How dare she...

...that self righteous welp! Krynn sneered and drewled hate as she paced. It hardened her heart to her sister to think this would be her tactic. Though was it a ploy? Dare Krynn test it? Yes... She would dare. Calm finally took hold of her reins and Krynn gave a clear message. Sitting down it was declared, "go on then." Her eyes gave no hint in mercy. "Prove it dear Sister."

The moment Novae's conviction faltered is the moment Krynn would know she was right. That Novae didn't have it in her and that this mortal was doomed.
35 Posts
Ooc — Novae
Sadness could easily be seen in Novae's acid green gaze. Not for herself, but for the choice Krynn had decided upon. It wasn't really an option which the mottled wolf had thought her sister would of chose...however she hadn't ruled it out either. Novae wasn't afraid of death. To her, death was only the beginning. A new start. Perhaps one reason why she never feared her sister as others did. She simply had a different outlook on everything. Novae knew if this was meant to be, then so be it.

With a slow respectful nod, Novae turned tail and headed off past the coyotes den without a glance at Krynn. The coyote stayed near her home, protecting her pups lives in case the black and white wolf decided to end their life on the spot. 

Novae knew what she was looking for. Bright red berries...also known as Cotoneaster berries. They were known to be extremely poisonous when eaten in large amounts, and known to cause trouble breathing, weakness, and seizures. So surely, she was destined to die a painful death. At least, only because she hadn't been near a cliff to walk off of instead, which would have been quicker. She shook her head. Obviously it was to be her punishment to die more slow and painful for getting herself involved with her sisters antics in the first place. 

It took some time, but with patience, Novae's nose had managed to seek out the death berries within the darkness. With a quick sniff to double check it was indeed the right berry, she opened her jaws to take a large mouthful from the bush… 
26 Posts
Ooc —
Let it not be said

…that Novae wasn’t brave. Well, as it stood in the moments leading to Krynn’s sister beginning her journey into the far reaches of the nether realm that the line between bravery and stupidity blurred. At the cusp of sweet release, the edge of Novae kissing poison, Krynn slowly crept up on her sister and only intervened when the berries were in Novae’s maw.

Krynn charged Novae ramming into her sister’s right rib columns. Quickly she bounced from the impact to her paws and shifted to face Novae baring her teeth. There were some words she wanted to say. Damnations to enact and curses to draw but for all her will to do harm on one that was so close to her blood, Novae was still kin.

So her ears flattened in defeat and she turned with no exhausting torrent of rants. Just a simple reply to convey truth. “You win…”

However her eyes darted back to Novae from over a hunched shoulder blade hinting vile intentions. The female would indeed live. So too would the pups since Novae gifted them life. Though the truth be told Krynn felt robbed having cursed Novae and the she-wolf just so easily cast it aside. So there was another lesson to be given. A warning to those who couldn’t heed Krynn’s power. Instead of ranting and raving Krynn turned so that her full gaze cast a shadow on Novae, “…but a curse remains.”

One-day Krynn would revisit this. Even if Novae was more cherished and a radiant Goddess. Even if Krynn didn’t want it so down the line of the future. A price will be paid… Krynn turned from her sister and began to hum her sadistic tune once more until the shadows enveloped her form.
35 Posts
Ooc — Novae
Novae tumbled a short distance upon the forest floor from her sister Krynn's impact. Shaking herself of the dirt in her fur, her acid green gaze met those of her sisters. Krynn had fury hiding within her stare. It did worry Novae as she had never seen her sister this way before. With teeth bared and ears flat, she wasn't expecting to hear these words from her sister.
"You win..." 
Novae didn't even consider this a competition. For once the mottled wolf was not caring about who won or lost, but fighting for the lives of the ones who were weaker. Who were vulnerable. Who were innocent. Her morals had taken over her mind. She was to be no part of a innocents demise.
"But a curse remains..." Krynn added cooly as she stared back at the mother coyote near her den of pups before glancing back at Novae.
With that, she watched as her sister disappeared among the darkness. Krynn's words lingered in her mind. Before when she cursed Novae, she knew it was out of anger. But now the mottled wolf had a feeling her sister meant it this time. And that bothered her...

Slowly she got up on her paws and glanced over at the coyote. "I assure you, you and your pups will be safe now." She said gently. Looking back at where her sister once stood, Novae couldn't help but question what kind of curse she put upon her. She asked herself one question…
Was it worth it?