Blackfeather Woods Don't you think you're a little...weird?
40 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Moonshadow slight PP of her babysitting, if that's not okay then I can edit it to where Moonshadow is also present <3 AW but keep in mind that Moonshadow only really trusts leadership figures, Istoira, and @Tundra around her kids rn. In honor of one week of life, @Rowan, for the bebes. <3 (PPing Moonshine and Falling Star as they're not yet active)

Having given the daughter of the moon a respite from her motherly duties - it surely became claustrophobic and boring cooped up in a den at all times - it befell Istoira to keep watch over the precious bairns. 

She took her protective detail quite seriously, curling herself around the dozing neonates and tucking them against the warmth of her plush underbelly securely. Her warm gaze slid across Moonshadow's sons and daughter with adoration, cooing softly as one began to stir. 

The children had seen a week of life - in her homeland they would have been named and blessed on this day - but week-old pups were only slightly more active than newborns. Besides bumble about with their paddling, clumsy legs and sleep between feedings, they did little else of note. At least her job wasn't hard. 

One stirred, whining softly as it awakened with cries for milk. While Istoira's body had begun to adapt, her teats were beginning to produce milk on account of her close proximity to the nursing litter, she was unable to provide the statement they required just yet. 

"Your mamá will be back before you know it little ones, until then I am afraid you will have to sit tight," she murmured to them softly as her muzzle brushed over their tiny forms soothingly. 

"You are lucky - did you know? To have a mamá such as yours, she takes care of you very diligently," she continued, soft tones only slightly leaning towards baby-talk as her eyes raised to the summer day beyond the thicket. 

"But even mothers need breaks to stretch their legs and get fresh air, so I'm afraid you are stuck with Issy." 
"my bones are stained with sin, scorched by fire, broken by betrayal, cold in loneliness, soaked in blood. 
and still. you could not kill me."
Moonspear
Villager
531 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She has been so gratefully relieved of her duty for a brief moment and first chance she got after hesitating for a brief moment. Moonshadow ran so fast as she felt the ground underneath her paws and the wind sifting through her fur.

She managed to successfully track down and kill a really fat hare that she decided to save most to keep in the den for later.

The woman was gone for only a little bit as being away from her pups surprisingly made her anxious and eager to get back. Moonshadow came back into her den and smiled. “Thank you.”
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
This time, the rowan-toned lump was under his siblings and pressed against his surrogate mother's stomach, sapping all the warmth from them he could. He was satiated and content. Sleeping peacefully.
He was learning that there were two touches. Two beings that cared for him. One was the Feeder and the other was Fluffy; only because Issy hadn't lost the fur from her underbelly.

| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
40 Posts
Ooc —
The babysitter smiled, tail wagging in welcome, as Moonshadow appeared in the mouth of the thicket - heralded by her scent and soft tread. 

"It was my pleasure," Istoira murmured as she shifted, making room for the mother to curl about her young. Though she attempted not to wake them, the loss of her warmth probably led to her failure. 

"Did you enjoy yourself?" She asked softly, watching as Moonshadow tended her children. 
"my bones are stained with sin, scorched by fire, broken by betrayal, cold in loneliness, soaked in blood. 
Moonspear
Villager
531 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Her pups seemed to be okay with the presence of another wolf and she was glad for that. It allowed her to trust them with another so she could leave. “It has been a while and my hunting was a little rusty.”
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The boy scooted himself out from under his siblings, whining just because he could. Although he couldn't hear his voice, he could feel it as he made the vibrations happen in his throat. 
He started crawling out on his great escape -- a whole seven inches!
Though, it was cold. He didn't like that. He opened his mouth, whining pitifully for warmth and safety. 
| |
40 Posts
Ooc —
"I'm sure you'll pick it back up soon," she encouraged earnestly. To her, it seemed there wasn't anything the woman couldn't do - carry on her family's legacy, help Maegi found the revitalized Blackfeather, raise a litter on her own. "I could help you get back in the swing of things if you'd like, once the pups are a bit older and don't need as much supervision," she offered, fiery gaze sidling to the bairns. 

Her attention was drawn to Rowan, a grin of amusement curling her lips as he explored and seemed to immediately regret such a choice. "Seems we've got an escapee," she chortled softly.
Moonspear
Villager
531 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She listened to her pack mates words and she would enjoy that greatly to have her help. The she heard her pup cry out for the help of his mother and she picked him up by his scruff and set him with his siblings. “I would enjoy that very much.”
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The renegade was lifted into the air and plopped back with his smelly brother and sister.
He snuggled back into them, stealing their warmth. He wriggled to find a teat for food, pushing against them.

Soon, he snuggled down, content and ready to nap again. 
| |
Moonspear
Villager
531 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
closing this!

Her pups were all tuckered our and she smiled finally being able to rest looked at Istoira. “I think I might join them in sleep. Your welcome to stay if you wish.” And with that she laid her head and shut her eyes.