Stavanger Bay what the f
192 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 
as quickly as he had come, the man called firefly was gone. it was almost as if he had never existed, except that ford's continued absence was a stark reminder that the rift had passed hands not once, but twice. he had been searching for the titan again, sporadic ventures that did not leave dalia long unguarded.
but now velen searched along the shoreline for scent of their new leader, a fierce pale woman with gold upon her nape. who was she, and did her possession of the bay pose a fresh danger to his unborn? silently the ceto paced, intent upon finding this @Akira and therefore answers to his burning inquiries.
[Image: tumblr_nbvmjgI5Eb1txly86o1_500.gif]
61 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ

It is already too late to swim when the water reaches your lips.

It seemed today, the Ancestors would not have Velen wait long, as Akira edged around the Bay and inked the beachen paradise in as much of her scent as she could, a course silken sway of lotus blossoms and sealine feathers, of urea and disciplined elegance. The newly crowned Empress would not allow another contender to ruin her home, and her intent to find Ford was supreme over anything else this bay would dare throw at her. Yes she would lead- but her heart roamed to latch beside her Emperor's, and to rule beside him, not in his place. Yet until the Swan found her Alpha, she would not displease his name with a weak ruling. This Bay would knowdiscipline, and it would know it very soon. 

Her body was still in repair after her near fatal plummet into the waters, her assumed final launch into the tyrant she hadn't known the law of, Firefly, within the frigid waters of the Sea of Stavanger. Akira felt her chest still tight, but those within this pack would know not of her plights. They would only know of her as Empress, she whom had pulled their pipes free of the fangs of Ford's upsurper. Sapphire eyes latched keenly to the massive wolf whom dwared her with indescript ease. Ye she stood still now, a monolith to the bashing sea behind her, and appeared to have the spirit to take even him down, as she had been swallowed by the sea,
and won.

Saltine wind corraled over her unusual coat of ivory hue, washing clear over the cape she wore with pride which shimmered an indefinable deep seadepth blue gleam. It trailed delish over her spine and her blueblack tipped auds caught the sounds as the deeply burned male neared her. Burned not in fire, but embraced in it's most heated past it seemed, as the deep citrine taste roved crisp yet simmeringly mellow over broad weight, only curtaining the ivory soul beneath the flask of heavy and deep brown fire. Muscles splintered the dangerous image into something showing this man was gifted through genetics, and would make a fine warrior should he too have the discipline and mindset of Ford. 
A mystery she still could not piece together.

Her chin tilted high, banner lifting into a splash of height while she flagged this man down in her siren stare. "Hail." her voice was through the world between them, a chime of wind on the flat base of a blade- lethal in potential, yet halting in intent. For now. 

She would understand this male who searched for her so deliberately, and should she need to put him down too, she would drag him into the sea with Firefly, as well.

Not all birds have been taught to fly. Some simply fall until they either learn, or perish.

[Image: xpseg7.jpg]
192 Posts
Ooc — ebony
she came, striding confidently with the stance of a conqueror. velen was momentarily quelled by the fire of her, despite her smaller stature, and read in the woman a ferocity that the scarred man had not borne. a twitch of his lips and he lay down his proverbial sword, unwilling yet to fully submit, but granting the woman a silent promise of teeth that would remain sheathed.
"my mate and i are expecting kids in the next month," the ceto grated directly, eyes roving over her impassive features, the glint of fire in her stare. "i need to know they will be safe." or we bounce, was the unspoken promise here, but she wasn't a stupid individual. 
perhaps she could also parcel out that if she promised safety for velen's unborn, she would have in him a loyal member of the original family. rannveig too, he suspected. but still — he fell silent, unsure of whether or not she could be trusted regardless of what she said.
61 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ

She listened, despite him not introducing himself. Her scrutiny was soft, yet it was remarkable strict. He was clearly needing to know he could rely on her. But something as important as children was not to be passed as a simply yes or no. "I do not know of you or your mate." It was obvious. Akira did not even know if he was an ally or a for- whether he had supported Firefly, or potentially sought freedom from under the arrogant male. "What is your name? And what is hers?" She did not think it was hard to pass off names- she would need to know who to call upon should the father need to be summoned for defense. He wouldn't simply exist, would he? To just take up space and resources without hesitancy? But truly would it matter? Would he abide? Or once his spawn came to be, would he allow betrayal to come. Anythig could be brought, and while she could handle her own, she could not allow paranoia to plague her. She would have to be firm, but considerate. 

Akira would expect her wards to want her too know them, to be close to them, to treat them with kindness. Yet everyone here felt alone, devoid of connection with even what happened upon this bay, these cliffs. She felt no empathy for them- and that was not what an Empress was expected to become. So her attempt to bridge the gap was to know of them. Everyone would begin on the right paw.

Not all birds have been taught to fly. Some simply fall until they either learn, or perish.

192 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"i am velen mayfair-cairn. the man who led before you, not the interloper, was my brother, ford. my mate is dalia moreau." she had been among their number; perhaps their names would be familiar. he did not expect this woman to be sympathetic, for she had no reason to be that way toward him. but the children born in the spring would only bolster her numbers, and unlike another man, velen hoped this new huntress who led them now would be more disposed toward mercy.
he was silent, willing to answer her questions but volunteering no information of his own unless she asked. respect would be given when she had earned it, and while velen was not a truly hard man, the events of the past several weeks had tempered his usual affable nature with a new steel.
61 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ

Bold the silence stood between them as his words settled heavy in her mind. It was a clear affair which would be made clear and simple here- the man whom led before Firefly was this man's brother; by right-"It is you who is meant to take the throne then." With that, the Blue Swan knelt upon a  set of forelimbs, offering her servitude to the soon-to-be-Father. She could not refute this claim- and seemingly neither could he, if it were by bloodline. He was the next in line if Ford was not here with his own children. Anything of his bloodline was to be the lead in this Rift. And Akira respected it. 

"Forgive my tresspass, but it is clear I am not of this place. I will only do harm to the Rift should I choose to stay. I have pulled the villain from your home, and remained faithful where I was called to be." The unread message lay buried deep in her sapphiric stare: I am alien in this sealine world, and will only bear cultural harm.' She was a foreign entity, and wouldn't allow her lifestyle and heritage to plague this land any longer. 
She was a creature who gasped for air in this place, only to be drowned in the strangeness of the customs and the disalignment of the forces here. 

Yet she had done her duty to Ford, to her Emperor, and served him well enough. Perhaps she would join him...perhaps her plight ended with this subtle relieve of duty to her Emperor's brother. It was a heavy title to carry, but so was fatherhood. 

Remaining lowly bowed, deep blue tipped auds remaining flattened in her humility, the Warrioress eventually brought herself back up, awaiting the return of words of the Mayfair-Cairn.

192 Posts
Ooc — ebony
gonna fade this <3

him? but why? stormrift belonged to ford. it had always belonged to ford. "you won the land by your own ability," he answered. that was the way of things. if his brother returned and wanted to reclaim the bay, then that was what would happen. he simply had refused to bow to the scarred man, out of pride, out of shock.
for what seemed like an eternity, velen faced the lioness and they spoke quietly with the rush of the sea at their backs, roundabout them. but when they parted ways, the boy felt as though he had no greater understanding of her — she was a ghost.