Swiftcurrent Creek Just let me hold you
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

@Helios and/or @Lainie but also AW

The idea of carrying children within her belly was strange to the woman. She had honestly never thought that she would be a very good mother, and walking into the situation with Kavik and Alessia had been a dream she hadn’t realized she wanted. Sure she had thought that one day her and Alessia would have children together, but that had seemed like so far in the future. Now they already had four beautiful children, and she was expecting more.

Overwhelmed Lie ventured from the den, her older children were becoming more and more adventurous. At two and a half months they were growing in leaps and bound, although they still stuck close to home, Lie was sure they would all move back to the rendezvous site soon. Well until now. Now she was pregnant, and she was scared.
1/5
5/5
~ i haven't played that song since my wife died ~
lie can be pp'd by anyone listed as family on her profile

"common", "french" 1/5 posts
174 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Now that Lainie was stable on her legs she moved around constantly. It was something she revelled in, something her siblings were pronabpr grateful for and her parents probably feared. She began to go farther and farther from the den though secretly she always stayed close enough to call for help incase she needed it because the world was turning out much bigger than she had expected and that was a scary thing to her. That morning she woke to Maman leaving the den and she blinked sleepily, standing up and following after her. "Maman! Can I come with you?" she asked her tail wagging as she ran to catch up with her. She paused at Lie's side and for the first time noticed how round she was growing "Wow...you must hunt a lot!" she said in English, sounding quite impressed and unaware of how rude she was.
78 Posts
Ooc — mista
Unsettling.

The tension grows thicker, enough so that the raven feels as if he is struggling against a water's current. Sleep comes less and less. His mind constantly turning gears; ticking akin to a bomb on the verge of exploding. He feels what they feel. Helios does not like it. This fear settling over his family akin to a storm cloud. It hasn't started yet, but Helios thinks it's a matter of when, not if.

Maman leaves the den first. Helios rises his head—face expressionless, but his fatigue evident. He watches Lainie wake up and trail after her. Part of him debates whether it's worth following, but the part of him that doesn't want to waste time trying to sleep and failing eventually wins. He gets to his feet, and trots after them... only slowing when he reaches Rosalie's unoccupied side. The two children seeming like guards.
Common language is spoken in quotation marks, while French is in « guillemets »x
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

           

The ebony girl startled Lie, having popped out of nowhere. Turning her head toward the girl Lie smiled softly, reaching to give the girl a lick on her cheek. Her children had a way of soothing her worries, and Helios coming along her other side brightened her day even more. Dipping to her others side, she rubbed her cheek against Helio’s head.

"Of course you may Lainie. I love spending time with my babies.” Her grin lightened, as the words continued to fall from her daughters lips. Her jaw fell slightly, as she looked to her sides. There was a slight bump, but she hadn’t thought it to noticeable. Of course, the youngsters saw her every day, and often curled against her, surely, they would be the first to notice.

Thinking over the logic Lie had to agree with the young girls assumption, she was eating more. The time of year was plentiful a great time to support growing families. However, the worry still lingered, the fear that it wasn’t going to be enough. "Yes Lainie I guess I do eat a lot.” Lie laughed, before walking slowly down a path that would lead to the meadow, where the deer liked to mingle. "Where should we go today? Hmm?” Lie meandered slowly, open to suggestions of what her kids might want to do.
1/5
5/5

174 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Attempt #5000 of baby talk

She beamed as Maman kissed her, always a sucker for affection. She turned to Helios and wagged, smiling silently in greeting as Maman nuzzled him. As Maman confirmed her suspicions she gave a serious nod and then frowned "You share?"  she asked hopefully, also a sucker for treats. When asked where they wanted to go she thought about it. Where was there to go that she hadn't gone already? For once she was dumbfounded and turned to Helios, letting him choose.
78 Posts
Ooc — mista
If purring were a possibility, Helios would undoubtedly melt under Lie's greeting. Alas, he is but a wolf pup, and thus, the raven greets her back via leaning into her touch eagerly.

Helios, tired as is, merely stays silent, unwilling to enter the small talk of his family. It is not interesting, per se, and he is... grumpy. The tension, lack of sleep and so forth all weighs upon his tiny shoulders.

He only tunes back in when Lie asks them where they wish to go, and Lainie doesn't answer immediately. Silence stretches between them, the boy glances towards his sister to find her staring at him.

Helios shrugs.
Common language is spoken in quotation marks, while French is in « guillemets »x
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

wrapping this up

Laughing at the girls responds, Lie nodded, “Of course I will share with you. But you will need to share with your brothers and sisters.” Lie mocked the seriousness in her tone, although it was belayed by the smile still clinging to her lips. Not surprised to receive a shrug from her eldest, Rosalie continued on her way. Only for Lainie to get a queasy wobble in her step, sure enough the girl was quick to loss her lunch. With a frown, Lie reached down to comfort the girl, “I think you shall have to wait for your adventure until you are well enough. Come along, let's go back home. Maybe we can get a nap in.”
She smiled down at the two, and turned back around, her walk would have to wait. Her children always came first.
1/5
5/5