Phantom Hollow You've been counting all the days off of your calendar for weeks now
45 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Joining 
Set after this thread Sorry if I'm rushing things, I just want to make up for lost time!

Though he was fickle with most things in life, like his mother he had a deep affection for his family. The Meloniis had always been the one constant in his life. The base to his wild, tempestous life. So it was natural for him to be drawn to him, since they had such a strong presence here in Teekon Wilds. So he followed @Megara to his cousins, to the Melonii.

The leader was Meldresi's son, @Damien. He knew absolutely nothing of the Teekon Wild Meloniis, the descendants of Meldresi, despite coming here once before. That had been a brief, flightly visit rather than an investigation: Miraak was there and he was content with that. He at that time had no interest in the others who lived in Blackfeather Woods. But now that he knew that his mother was here, of all people, well, that changed things. It made things much more interesting. If his mother was willing to give up her transient life for this group, then they must be something special.
bad language bby
80 Posts
Ooc — mercury
They arrive within the hollow, and Megara tips her muzzle upward to send a call to her nephew. She keeps her distance from the den, but they are safe and secure within the trees as they stand and wait for Damien to arrive. Perhaps she should have called for Midar, as well? He is in a position of leadership, too, after all.

This is a temporary home, she explains, grimacing a little as she turns to Malcanthet. Damien wishes to claim the woods that Meldresi once ruled, but they are already occupied. I believe he thinks we can force them out, eventually. I do not know when—or if—we will return to the weald.

She had become quite fond of the weald in her time there; Megara hopes they will one day go back, if this endeavor should fail. Phantom Hollow is nice enough, but a little small for an army of Melonii. They need room to roam, room to grow.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
After the unexpected wave of amethyst eyes and raven black that had ignited The Melonii's formation, Damien wasn't really expecting many more of his distant relatives to show up at his doorstep, but once again the obscure nature of his family's ways would take him by surprise.

He wouldn't have recognized the male from his last visit to The Teekon Wilds, but he wouldn't doubt Malcanthet's lineage, standing tall beside Megara with a perfect array of Melonii features. Another one? asked Damien as he approached Megara to greet the pair, unable to believe his eyes. When he thought of Megara as an option for recruiting new associates he didn't think the extent of her expertice, nor how effective she could be. He had most definitely been underestimating his aunt's abilities far too long. I'm Damien, he said politely to the male, I'm glad to see our relatives keep finding their way home,
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
45 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
He listened to his mother's explanation, absorbing the knowledge readily. They wanted their homeland back. Not a surprising thing. He didn't blame any of them for trying, but why were the Woods abandoned in the first place? But, perhaps that was a question for the leadership, and definitely not a good question for now. But that wouldn't stop him if he got he chance.

It was not long before they were answered by their new leader. Meldresi's son. Malcanthet could see the Melonii in him, but there was someone else's blood seeped into him: the white chest and the ivory eyes. The Melonii were too uniform for such deviations. So Meldresi's plan must have succeeded in a way. Start a new home, find new blood. He nodded to his new leader, dipping his head respectfully. My name is Malcanthet. I am Megara's son.
bad language bby
80 Posts
Ooc — mercury
"Another one?" She lets out a small, amused snort at the query, eyes glowing as she stares at Damien. Malcanthet makes his own introduction, and she nods, giving her son a glance before returning her gaze to the leader. I'm very glad this one in particular has found his way here, Megara says in a purr, undoubtedly pleased with herself and the situation at hand.

She takes a diminutive step back, removing herself slightly from the conversation but still close enough to be reached, if need be. Malcanthet is grown and needs no one else to speak for him; Megara is content to be a spectator for what should be a cut-and-dry initiation into a pack. There is no doubt in her mind her son will be welcomed with open arms.

skip me until/unless mentioned!
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Megara's comment picked his interest, noticing how truly glad she was about the new Melonii's arrival. And his curiosity would be satisfied by the male himself, who promptly revealed himself to be no other than Megara's own son. 'Another one' he thought, this time to himself, wondering whether having so many direct descendants of his aunt would ever become a problem, while outwards he was nothing but welcoming. Brilliant he said, almost smiling. That makes us cousins he noted, guessing that Megara had most likely already told Malcanthet exactly who he was.

Welcome home, Malcanthet he said with a nod, but life was too short for formalities and protocol. He wanted to know more Should I assume that you're as adept on the art of diplomacy like your mother? he pondered aloud, hoping to get some insight as to where Malcanthet would have the best performance. While at the current time the pack saw an increasing need for mercenaries and soldiers, Damien would never turn away a charismatic negotiator, especially if he had any skills in the art of intrigue.
45 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Malcanthet had no marketable skills, really. Ok, he did, but he never really kept track of them enough to be able to readily identify them in an interview. So when his cousin asked him if he was just as good at diplomacy as his mother (at least, that's how he took it). Malcanthet flustered, his eyes widening. I would say that I am passable at that. He smiled bashfully, terrified that Damien would reject him based on his worthlessness alone. His cousin did not look like an assassin or priest, but a venerable warrior and that intimidated Malcanthet. Hopefully, this group wasn't that martial. I can diffuse a situation if needed. And I'm fairly observant. At least in terms of beauty. Ugly or boring things he all but ignored.
bad language bby
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Whether it was modesty with which his cousin spoke his answer Damien didn't know, but he wasn't satisfied with 'passable'. The Melonii were an elite organization, and just because he was the son of a higher tier member of the pack didn't mean he had a free pass to the ranks. Damien needed confirmation, proof that Malcanthet was an asset and not a hindrance.

He eyed @Megara, hoping for a reaction and trying to read her opinion on her son's alleged skills. But he knew that what he wanted he would only get from the man himself. Damien had been leading the newcomer towards the common grounds slowly, but the advance was halted suddenly when Malcanthet spoke again. Damien wasn't one to beat around the bushes, he was a confrontational man and his family wasn't exempt from his methods. Then what do you excel at? he asked straight to his cousin's face, making it clear he required a straight and honest answer. I won't have a mediocre diplomat if you can be put to better use elsewhere.
45 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Did he have to be truly honest? He did not know what exactly his cousin was looking for. He had (and he hoped his mother had as well) thought that he would be welcomed with open arms from blood alone. It was harrowing to be thrust into this impromptu interview, especially given that he had been fucking around for the past few years.

Was he supposed to say that he was really good at oral or something? That wasn't what his cousin was looking for at all and he knew it. He looked nervously to his mother, knowing deep down that she really couldn't help him. For a lot of reasons, detachment being the least of them. But he had to stand up for himself.

I — he stuttered. I'm good at ingratiating myself with people. I would not say it is diplomacy, really. I am a courtesan if anything.
bad language bby
80 Posts
Ooc — mercury
The conversation falls into something more awkward as Damien presses Malcanthet for his skills. Megara doesn't miss the Sovereign's look toward her, and keeps her own face remarkably bland, not giving away any semblance of reaction. This is between Damien and her son; she will not intervene either way, unless the decision is made to turn Malcanthet away.

But why? Surely her son will be an asset to the pack, even if he cannot lay out his skills in verbal fashion. There are others around here who do far less, including those not Melonii by blood. How could Damien refuse his cousin?
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Damien kept his gaze forward as his new cousin tried to explain to him what kind of diplomacy he was most adept at. It wasn't like Malcanthet was trying to hide the fact that he was basically a prostitute, and Damien took notice of it. That we can use, he said plainly, offering his cousin a courteous nod that probably wouldn't really do much to erase whatever mistrust his aunt had felt before.

Sex was a powerful tool, Damien knew, when one wasn't keen on the more violent methods, and though so far he'd seldom mingled with an actual courtesan, he knew he could find good use to his cousin's abilities. He wasn't going to turn him away anyway, despite Megara's thoughts, because even while his very specific set of skills wasn't needed at the time Malcanthet was family, and he was another strong one to fill his ranks.

Dwell freely among us, cousin. This is your home. he said now turning to him with a kinder face, I'm sure you have much to catch up to with your mother, he said as a way to dismiss himself politely, and after a nod to his aunt Damien returned to whatever he'd been doing before the meeting.

this can be wrapped up I think