Blackfeather Woods to sit in solemn silence on a dull, dark dock
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
All Welcome 
Ever since Mou had sown her fertile fields, she was ravenous.

Maegi had always been a finicky eater, really; her small frame didn't want for much. Lately, though, she'd been taking what she could from the caches, almost to the point of greed. Eating and eating, as if the little fiends she knew grew within her now couldn't get enough. Constant craving.

She knew, though, that she couldn't keep this up, not without contributing, herself. It wouldn't be fair to the others. They had to eat, too, right?

The girl began to devise ways to catch vermin quicker, easier, more efficiently. Perhaps in bulk. What could she do? Perhaps get them all in one enclosed area, and then quickly stomp on all their skulls. Or lead them to the creek with food and drown them. Dig a hole, maybe, and watch them all plummet down, break their spines.

She'd snared one just moments ago and was now engaged in gobbling it down, bones and all. The tiny things broke into infinitesimal shards against her gnashing teeth, after all. But she was a wolf, and mice to wolf were like. . .cherry tomatoes. They just sorta popped in her mouth, and made a good snack, but they weren't filling. Not unless they were in bulk.

Gods, she was so hungry.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
it had been a while but nightmares had plagued her dreams for the first time in ages- resulting in her waking with a start and in quite the foul mood. she'd seen him. she hadn't in a long time but perhaps it was because she had buried him and recently upon recalling him she'd shifted some of the debris he resided beneath. her long tail would lash as her gaze would lift to the sky, fuck sake was she growing soft? was that why such memories had an easier time at making sharp jabs at her than before? she supposed it would make sense, teekon couldn't appear anymore peaceful after what she'd come from....ran from. she remained crouched for a few more moments- features creased into a frown much more expressionate that her normal solemn expression. however a sharp caw from a nearby raven would jolt her from such spiralling thoughts as she'd jump ever so slightly. "alright alright" she'd mutter up at the bird as it'd ruffle its feathers, seeming satisfied that it had suceeded in bringing her back. 

standing she'd inhale the comforting forest scents, feeling the unease brought by the dreams fall away as her mind connected more with the waking world. there was absolutely no point in going back there- it was done and there was nothing she could do to change it. this was her life now and that's what she'd focus on. and yet, there was something so unsatisfying about that statement but alas she merely ignored it as she tended to do with all stray emotions that tried to toy with her mind. she'd allow her forepaws to slip forward into a stretch, grunting as she pushed until she got that crack before straightening up. with that she'd move off from where she'd tucked herelf under the roots of a large tree to catch some well needed sleep at a brisk walk- ears perked atop her head and dark eyes alert. 

it was not long before sounds disrupted the otherwise silence of the woods save the whistling breeze and chatter of the birds which suggested the presence of another. having nothing better to do tundra would investigate the noise- eventually coming face to face with the scene of maegi aboslutely devouring what must have once been a small animal. the young soldier would simply arch a brow and let a "hungry?" slip from her jaws by ways of greeting.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She felt crimson juices dribble down her chin as she looked up, catching Tundra's inquisitive stare. Mmph, she mumbled cryptically, then swallowed the remainder of her snack. Starving. How could you tell? Maegi asked, smirking a little as she ran her tongue along her jowls. She sniffed, primly, rising to her paws to more equalize the difference in their statures.

How are you, Tundra? she inquired. Is everything well along the borders?

A wordless, reedy muttering came from the trees above, and she turned to see Blue looking down at the two of them, eyes fixed on Tundra. She's a friend, Maegi explained, relaxing her shoulders. She's all right—right? she turned back to the other wolf, raising a brow. That's Blue, a friend of mine. Needless to say, he's off the menu, so keep that in mind if you didn't know already.

She had never forgotten Astara's try at capturing the grackle. The presence of new wolves around her bird always made her wary, though she trusted Tundra enough to follow her direction rather than disobey.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
the corners of her lips would tilt upwards in wry amusement as maegi finished her snacking and rose to stand at her level. "guess i just have a great instinct" she'd respond, tone dipped in light sarcasm as her tail waved lazily at her haunches. the wood's leader seemed content and tundra was surprised to find herself immensely glad at this, she hardly knew the girl. not on a personal level anyway and yet she found herself rooting for her and her success with blackfeather. deciding not to look into it much and simply trusting her gut instinct with the feeling- it never seemed to let her down. the ghostly girl would nod slightly- dark eyes calm as she'd murmur. "i've been good it's definitely great to be back" she definitely wasn't going to get into the...well she didn't really know what to even call it. personal problems would have to do she supposed. "as for the borders, completely silent and definitely not a trace of those melonii's" dark eyes would narrow at this, still frustrated at the behaviour of the infiltrators- it definitely wasn't the last they'd see of them. she'd try to ignore the slight increase of her heartbeat at the thought, it was not a good thing dammit. 

this would lead her to think of flicker but before she could voice any thoughts, maegi's attention would be claimed by a small bird. her head would tip in curiosity as she went on to speak to it, reassuring it that tundra was a friend. she would nod, intrigued as maegi would confirm it was a friend and went by 'blue'. well she was certainly quite relieved that she now knew that this bird was not for eating, whilst she'd never treat a raven or crow as prey other bird's didn't get the same recognition to her and it certainly would not look good if she ate her alpha's friend. "good to know" she'd say, allowing a soft laugh to slip from her jaws. "i've seen some wolves form bonds with ravens or the like but i must admit this is the first time i've seen one befriend a small bird" she'd watch the small creature for a few moments longer before dropping her gaze back to the other girl.

her mind would now stray back to where she'd been going previously. "hey i'm sorry about flicker by the way" she'd murmur somewhat tentatively, not wanting to poke a sore spot if maegi was upset over it. "having someone you trusted betray you like that has got to be one of the hardest things to deal with...i didn't know her well but i did speak with her once when we both resided here under relmyna and she actually mentioned her friendship with you to me. she had seemed nice i would never have guessed she'd be that weak willed" her head would shake slightly 'lying bitch..' she would, however, refrain from speaking that part aloud in case maegi wouldn't appreciate it.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Maegi nodded, taking the report in silently. At Tundra's words on Blue, she gave a smile, eyes flashing over to the bird. Yes, it was strange. She'd never before found kinship in creatures other than wolves; her connection with this one seemed utterly random. Meant to be, though. They were clearly connected on a deeper level, a plane that perhaps she would never understand.

Her face grew dour at the mention of Flicker. She wasn't cross with Tundra for bringing it up, of course. But she still smarted from the betrayal, and would perhaps for the rest of her life. She could only hope that Tundra's sentiments were true—that she would not one day follow suit.

It's disappointing, Maegi said coldly. And completely baffling. I'm wondering how my uncle managed to turn her against me. Probably spun his sister's tale, talking about how we were a plague on the bloodline that should have been destroyed before we were born. She snorted, scoffing at the notion. If she drank that up, then so be it. Good riddance.

She gave Tundra a measured stare, falling silent for a moment before speaking again. What do you know about the Melonii? My family, I mean. . .not Damien's band of traitors, she clarified.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
the scarred girl's face grew dark as if a shadow passed over it the moment flicker's name met the air. not that tundra could blame her, thoughts of the red girl made her bristle and it hadn't even been her directly that she'd gone against. if she was in maegi's position she'd need to be physically restrained to stop her marching out there and teaching her a lesson. probably a good thing the other seemed a bit more mature when it came to handling it. 

curiosity would now flicker in doll like orbs as maegi spoke, granting tundra with new knowledge that damien was her uncle. well she presumed that had to be who she was talking about anyway, he was the leader of that pitiful crowd so it would be him who would've drawn flicker in. this was interesting, she knew that he'd felt he had rights to these woods so obviously there was a family thing going on here. why she, with no relation to them whatsoever, still felt so inclined to remain here she did not know. her body would lower itself back onto her haunches, a rare display of ease as she flicked her long tail to rest neatly over creamy paws. "the weak ones always get rooted out eventually" she murmurs, dark eyes somber "as hard as it is i'd take it as a blessing, let them now deal with her shallow ways."

now maegi would go on to ask her what she knew of her family and tundra would shift her position on the earth, ears perked with renewed curiosity. "close to nothing" she'd admit truthfully but if maegi was related to the wolves that seemed so connected to the woods perhaps she'd know more about their history. it felt strange to feel so connected to a place that in truth she knew very little about. "if you wouldn't mind, i'd be curious to know more about this place's history. i presume your family must have a past with it?" her head would tilt slightly to the side, dark eyes shifting to the little bird momentarily before slipping back to maegi. what an odd but interesting pair indeed.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
It was hard to see Flicker's departure as anything resembling a blessing, but she supposed Tundra was right. Better to get betrayal out of the way, rather than letting it fester. The woman could have chosen worse times, after all, to change her allegiance. She blinked softly at the woman with a nod, appreciating, albeit wordlessly, her wisdom. Tundra was shaping up to be a good wolf to have around.

My family is this forest, Maegi said, pride evident in her voice. My grandmother, Meldresi, found this place and formed a pack here. She is buried somewhere nearby. That was many seasons ago; besides some rough patches, we've been here ever since.

Her eyes lifted to the dark canopy above. We worship gods called the daedra, she continued. Meldresi worshipped Mephala, the Night Mother, and Sithis, the Dread Father, above all. My personal chief god is Peryite, god of pestilence. I believe that wolves can and should choose which god they choose to honor, whichever is closest to their heart.

She'd discussed this with Flicker, too. Even had considered giving the woman her own guiding spirit. She wondered which would suit Tundra best. Something strong and quiet, steadfast. Hermaeus. . .?
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
so it would seem she'd been right with her presumptions but she would not have guessed just how connected maegi was to the forest, in a blood sense that is. so her grandmother created the pack? she would've liked to be able to meet the woman who started it all but then again, in some senses maegi was now that woman. she had revived the pack after all and although they still bore the same name, there was a freshness to the place that only came with the forming of a new pack. she could feel it as she strolled through the trees- the air swirled with the new hopes, dreams and ambitions of their pack. she would be left completely shocked at the sudden and strong feeling of fondness to sweep over her in relation to her home. the emotion was so foreign it almost hurt as it wrapped itself tightly around her chest, causing dark eyes to widen slightly but otherwise the reaction was lost to the world- trapped behind the walls of ice that consisted of her composure.

she'd mentally shake herself, for a wolf who boasted such a strong demeanour it was kind of funny how a mere little happy emotion could threaten to derail her so fast. exactly why they did not belong out here but tucked far away where their reaches were dull and unaffecting. "you know" she'd finally murmur, tone although soft never without its icy undertones "you can give yourself credit too, you technically also are a creator. i know it was here before but i feel what you've created is completely new, and better" she'd smile faintly, head tilting very slightly to the side in a little bird like manner.

the scarred girl would go on to speak of the gods they worshipped and she'd nod solemnly at this. both relmyna and flicker had mentioned such gods to her before albeit in less detail than this. she had never, ever believed in such things. something she'd also admitted to the late listener- whilst she had nothing against those that did of course, she couldn't bring herself to follow such gods. she'd just gotten so used to relying on herself for everything and that's exactly what had gotten her here alive, she'd hate to give the credit to some probably not even real, god. nevertheless the beliefs of these wolves still intrigued her and perhaps they were right, that's the thing no one could truly know. she was perhaps just skeptical by nature. 

still, who knew what the future might hold? whilst she couldn't imagine herself ever worshipping such names she was trying to be a bit more open minded. "i will admit to you...i never believed in gods whatsoever, something i did admit to the late listener. i just...i guess there were some pretty damn rough times in my past and it was me that got myself through it all- not some god" she'd frown thoughtfully for a moment, gaze having fixed itself to the distant trees but now returning to maegi. "i hope i do not sound disrespectful that wasn't my intention, i completely respect what you worship and although i can not imagine myself partaking in it i will admit it intrigues me and who knows, i'm trying to be more open minded here so the future could hold anything" 

her tail would swish from its position around her paws and lie across the blades of grass, dark with lushness. she would now blink curiously and murmur quietly "who did relmyna worship if you don't mind me asking? she might have told me before or maybe she didn't, i honestly can't remember" she wasn't sure why she cared but she wanted to know, for some unknown reason she'd respected the older wolf so much despite not knowing her long so any further knowledge on her would always be appreciated it.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
There was nothing like a good ego stroke to Maegi, and she lifted her chin, silently basking in Tundra's praise. She only let her pleasure show with a faint smile, then let it fade as they began to discuss the gods again. No, atheism wasn't a problem to her. Plenty of her most faithful friends hadn't known the daedra—and some of those who had ended up betraying her. It wasn't a deal-breaker.

You have to find your own way to the gods, she said, shrugging. If that's not the path you've chosen, why would I force it? I know Peryite is with me and always will be; I'd rather my friends be loyal to me rather than the voice of a god that might turn them against me. Perhaps that was insecurity rearing its ugly head. She didn't much care.

She took a deep breath in, thinking of Relmyna. The ever-familiar guilt entered her mind at the thought of the late Listener—she should have been here at the end!—but she tried to push it back and stay scholarly. She worshiped Mephala, I think, Maegi answered slowly. And Sithis, too. Most wolves here did—maybe still do. But Peryite chose me, and I have chosen Peryite. I have no other god above Peryite.

Her stomach gurgled as if in agreement. More likely just hunger.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
she's relieved that the girl doesn't take offence to her lack of faith in such gods, not that she'd really believed it could be an issue, she seemed rooted enough to the real world to not see that as a complete deal breaker. her head nods in agreement at what she finishes with how she'd always prefer loyalty over anyone who just strolled up saying they worshiped gods and blah blah. that was certainly a relief, they didn't need anyone who thought their paws were just as much in the clouds as their heads. such things were okay if there was always balance which in maegi's case and like most other's she had met with similar beliefs, it was. sometimes though you did just get those crazys...

a soft "mm" is all to slip from creamy jaws to express her agreement even if the pale nona had meant the statement somewhat bitterly it wouldn't stop it being very true. dark eyes drop to fix closely on small paws- a stark contrast against of fluffed white against the sleek blades of grass of shades of a green so dark they could almost appear black in the shadows, as her inquiry about relmyna was addressed. after maegi finishes the young soldier nods- gaze finally lifting back up to focus on the split eyes of her companion. "i see" the words drift quietly into the cool air as the tip of her tail flicks slowly in movements almost similar to a cat. there's nothing more she can really say besides that, or at least nothing she can think to say. perhaps someone of better social skills would continue to chatter but tundra was always awful at small talk and as much as she had enjoyed the other's presence- she was weary and ready to retreat now. 

her small form would lift itself from her flattened patch of grass and she'd stretch out each paw idly in clear preparation to depart. however it is just as her jaws are open to say her goodbyes that another question surfaces- one she'd tried to ignore as best as she could but had suddenly reared its head in aggresive urgency and before she could stop it tore itself straight from her mouth in one nimble bound; "oh i was wondering, you didn't happen to ever know a dark pelted wolf called aries? i believe he resided here once" the second its out her stomach tightens and the moisture in her mouth is just gone as regret writhes around her mind. dammit why did she do that, it's not like she cared and it could only bring up unwanted questions and uggh.

yet if she had really regretted it wouldn't she have taken it back? all it would take was a quick 'nevermind' and off she'd go but no, her stomach was tight with an odd anticipation, it wasn't really regret was it. half of her begged for the other to just say she'd never heard of him and yet another deeper part of her wanted to know these truly had been his woods once too from the voice of another. she didn't have friends, much due to her own bad habits and lack of experience in the area and sometimes it was just hard to keep everything to yourself, sometimes a girl just wanted to talk about a mysterious boy. but tundra wasn't your average girl, soldiers didn't do stuff like that. god did her head hurt.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
For a few moments, Maegi thought the conversation would peter out like this and they'd go their separate ways without anything further, which was fine with her. But then Tundra spoke again, and the name that surfaced perked up her ears, to say the least; her eyes widened with interest, chin lifting, too.

I know—knew?—Aries, she answered, brow furrowing as she tried to puzzle out how best to think of him. Where had he gone? Was he dead, like Relmyna, or had he turned traitor and followed Damien? She hadn't seen him in a long time. But perhaps. . .

Do you know where he is? Maegi asked, her eyes narrowing not with suspicion but with something akin to hope as she peered at Tundra. He lived here for a while; I first met him when I was a child. He's been missed, at least by me. Which was only really a half-truth; he usually had escaped her notice, during his time in Blackfeather. If it helped her get information, though, she'd exaggerate all day and into the night.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
@Aries - just so you can stalk this little convo about you heh

she needn't even hear maegi's response to know that his name came with a face for her- the curiosity to flicker to life within her bi-eyes the moment his name fell from her lips was enough. within she could feel her own heartbeat pick up slightly at the thought of the brute of a boy, and she'd swallow hastily- shifting her position as ears leaned forward with a strange eagerness to hear what would be spoken. it wasn't much but it was enough and so tundra nods, dark eyes uncharacteristically wide as they searched the face of her company for a few quiet moments before asking tentatively- voice quiet. "what was he...like?" of course she remained stubborn and proud even to herself and continued to deny any interests in the man, assuring herself that she only asked this because she'd come across him twice and it was good to know about someone you seemed destined to meet...and she could still feel his hot breath on the back of her neck-

a mental shaking is given to end that thought track and luckily maegi unknowingly helps too by posing another question. however the moment it escapes into the air tundra feels a chill creep through her. so she didn't know? she supposed she'd probably been too caught up in the flicker and damien part of the situation to notice every scent lingering although it had been the first tundra had become aware of. her salmon tongue slips out to run over black lips quickly as her mind swirls. 'no;' it's on the tip of her tongue and the desire to lie shocks her, because why? why on earth would she want to hide the truth, was it to save maegi from more hurt? no...to defend him? not a chance, she didn't care if maegi hated him for it, she hated him sure. yet still the urge remains as strong as ever and there's a moment where her jaws open in preparation to let the betraying word fall out when they snap shut once more because what the fuck. no way was she going to lie to maegi, risk breaking this fragile seed of trust for that cold bastard.

"he's....with damien. i'm sorry" the words drop from her mouth like heavy stones, despite everything still reluctant to have to give the girl more to feel bitter at, lord knew she didn't deserve that but then again, what you deserved meant little to the world in the end. she sighs softly, gaze lifting to look out over the tall trees stretching as far away as she could see. her home. she had yet to meet the wolf again since she resided here, had he caught her scent within the woods when they'd intruded? hard to tell, it was easier to catch an intruder's scent in your territory than distinguish someone's in a pack you didn't reside in. what made him choose damien she wondered, would he be surprised to know she had pledged herself to this forest? the biggest question was though, if the packs had gone to war what would she have done. to be honest the idea of meeting him on the battlefield and..fighting him made her blood buzz with something almost akin to excitement. this seemed like a wrong reaction indeed but that simply brought a frown to her face because it was also the right reaction.. geez was there even a right reaction?
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Maegi would be happy to answer the question given her, if not for what came next. It wasn't Tundra's fault. Nor would she take her sudden anger out on the woman. But her eyes did grow cold, her body did stiffen, and she remained silent for a long couple of moments before she finally breathed a frigid: I see.

So Aries had chosen Damien, too. He never had been loyal to her specifically, not like Flicker. . .but Maegi thought their history together—at one point, she had thought him her older brother—plus his ties to the woods would keep him from joining the Melonii. She had just assumed he had vanished, like Wintersbane and so many others.

Evidently, she had been mistaken.

He was always good to me, she responded to the first query with a shrug, not meeting Tundra's gaze. Never gave me any reason to dislike him. He's made his choice, I guess. The words were detached, but the heat simmering beneath them gave away her true feelings on the matter.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
at the look that flashed so sharply through the nona's eyes at her words, tundra would find herself subconciously performing the smallest of gestures that was both so normal and innocent it looked all sorts of wrong on the otherwise frigid woman; she bit her lip. no words escaped but her searching gaze never lost its intensity as it flicked back and forth over every aspect of maegi that expressed the emotions she currently felt. as for her own emotions; what the heck? she was jittery (nervous?) and...guilty? yet also some uncanny giddiness spun in circles with the nerves- leaving her feeling as if someone had hit her up with a dozen caffeine shots. it wasn't that any of these were odd reactions and usually most wouldn't have such a reaction to experiencing them but since the unknown and undiagnosed ptsd had settled in on her life she had grown a complete detachment with such feelings, when there should be joy or sadness she'd grown accustomed to expecting only a hollow nothing.

worst part is, it had been a thing with her for so long that it no longer even seemed wrong, it was the emotions starting to leak in as she perhaps as unaware as ever, started a long road to recovery that felt so foreign and out of place. she hadn't wanted to become the stony vessel she'd seemed to turn into, it had always been a defence mechanism. if she'd let herself feel in the past she would have died and well, she kind of just forgot something had ever existed before that. it had been with a strange curiosity that she'd watch wolves stumble over emotions and deem them weak for it, yet here emotions were okay. without them, without them maybe she'd started to feel lonely. 

swallowing hastily, the phantom like being would continue to worry at her lip until unknowingly cracking the fragile skin so that a bit of the crimson liquid stained the purity of otherwise untouched pale fur on her chin. she wasn't sure what she'd expected maegi's opinion on aries to be, but 'good' had never been a word she'd thought would be associated with the dark man. when the girl finished, tundra would stay silent for a good few moments- wide eyes unsure as to where to look since maegi herself seemed reluctant to meet her gaze. "i..." she'd trail off and frown, only now noticing the metalic tang to accompany a quick swipe of her tongue over black lips. her head would shake, mind finally getting ahold of itself and getting back into a soldier like mode where it battered at such rogue emotions hindering her ability to do anything and for a moment she couldn't help but imagine little white wolves chasing off devilish dark ones that hung from her lungs and paraded around her chest. once they finished she felt a lot better, she could breathe properly again. 

"maegi" she murmured softly, stepping forward with only slight hesitance. "he didn't go for damien" she felt odd saying this aloud, as if somehow betraying him. but this would be better for both him and maegi right? it wasn't like what she was about to say was something bad, well she didn't think so anyway. frankly she knew little if this was actually any better than damien down to how little she knew about their family in general. "he left for a wolf named nyx, i don't think it went beyond that" and he said one day he might return....she did, however, allow herself to keep that little piece of information just for her. who knew if it was even true anyway.

she would then realise maegi hadn't even asked how she knew of the man, she was kind of relieved. the thing was, how could she explain what she didn't even know herself. in fact, in the end did she actually know him at all? really she was as good as a stranger, just for some reason a stranger he chose to put up with. despite having stood with the intention of getting out of maegi's fur before her intial question about aries, she would now fall back onto haunches suddenly feeling very weary. as she looked up at the bi-eyed girl she suddenly felt the inkling of something she had not felt since she'd been a very small girl tossed into a world she knew nothing about; vulnerable.
omf i was supposed to be wrapping this up and this kinda just happened, im sorry ff
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
you're fine!!

It wasn't Tundra's fault. Maegi didn't mean to take this out on her. She softened her expression, trying to make that clear, and then the woman dropped another bomb. Well, slightly. Nyx was just as much a traitor as Damien, in her eyes—but Nyx had been nothing but kind to her throughout her life, too. Perhaps they had all been duped by her uncle.

Oh, she murmured, looking back at Tundra. I know Nyx, too. She was good to me, when I was younger. I. . . She sighed, shaking her head. Did you know Aries when you were here before? Maegi asked, cocking her head. Her timelines were all mixed up; she couldn't remember whether the two had occupied the woods within the same timeframe. They very well could have.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
she'd note maegi managing to meet her gaze again, observing her with eyes of a calmer softness than before which left her feeling a dull pang of relief. not because she personally felt hurt by the anger that had simmered with a menacing amount of heat beforehand but because she didn't want the nona worrying over more betrayals especially since she'd delivered that blow due to her own selfish wants to know more about the man. in reality she kind of knew that maegi only sought to hide her true reaction because of tundra's rather....out of character reponse but it was easier for her to just believe it was because she didn't really mind much and so her mind went with that. funny how it could do things like that huh. 

eyes of deep hazel would fall to the blades of lush darkness swaying at her creamy paws for a long few moments before lifting to rest on the girl once more- appearing a lot more barred up again. funny how that was what seemed so much more normal. she'd blink slowly as maegi spoke of nyx; slightly curious to hear of the woman aries seemed to look up to so much. however maegi would be quick to trail off on the subject with a quick shake of her head and despite the undeniable curiosity flickering in her gut tundra would know better than to press it and would remain motionless as she went on to ask her about the man as she'd suspected she finally would. 

she felt a bit calmer now and would shake her head slightly; "not exactly, i just met him when i was a lone wolf and he still resided here. he was the first wolf i came across from these woods so he stands out because of that, i also came across him again not too long before we met for the first timethere, she hadn't lied but also hadn't had to try and explain anything she didn't understand. she'd stand now once more, head shaking again as she'd murmur "anyway i've taken up way too much of your time but thanks maegi; i enjoyed our talk all the sameshe'd even manage a weak smile as with a respectful dip of her head and a last glance up at blue, she'd turn and depart back into the woods.
literally squeezed out my last tiny little drop of muse for this so it's a bit ew but you can archive it with your reply <3
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
The explanation was satisfactory. Maegi didn't find anything wrong in Tundra knowing Aries; hell, she found little wrong in Aries himself. But the fact remained that he had chosen Nyx, and Nyx had chosen Damien. No matter where they had come from, they were enemies, now.

She hoped Tundra didn't forget that.

All right; see you around, Maegi murmured, sounding a little dazed. She watched the pale woman go, feeling her stomach gurgle ominously. Not with hunger, for once. No, she felt suddenly sick, and she rose to her paws, looking for a place to vomit and to contemplate all she had learned.