Wild Berry Meadow Oh Spring Into Step
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Perfume filled the air as flowers continue to bloom, dragging her across the lands to smell it all as she discovered new places, new faces, and new things to eat. She would watch other species nibble on fruits and eventually began nibbling on certain ones herself if they smelled sweet enough. Luckily she hasn't come across any toxic ones as of yet, and she found herself enamoured with the sweet flavour of berries.

It wasn't enough to keep her belly full like a rabbit for very long - but it was satisfying enough to keep her from getting too hungry in between hunts. Unbeknownst to her, her once beautiful alabaster pelt was stained in blues, purples and pinks as she rubbed herself against the fruits, unaware of their staining abilities. She had yet to come across a reflection to be able to see what she had done to herself, and so she continued to wreak havoc in the sweet bushes (she's picking honey berries, one of the earliest fruits in the season). 

As the fruit perfumed and stained female pranced around, the back of her mind missed having a family around - she did very well to hide her homesickness despite its continuous nagging.

@Evergreen! I had time, so I made a starter for youuuu. She's slowly working on Botanist specialty.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Thank you for starting! ❤

Ever since his trip over the Mountains, Evergreen has become reluctant to leave Kaistleoki's claim for long. Although he knows his wolves can care for themselves, he feels too attached to the members and the land itself to be restless as he once was. Nonetheless, the bear knows he should scout the surrounding areas.

He finds himself visiting Wild Berry Meadow, the place he met @Dulce (tagging for reference) before. (Their hunt lacked grace, but they managed well enough.) Maybe it is the sweet smell that lingers in the air that draws him in, much like how actual bears loved to scavenge on the berries.

What he does not expect is to see a wolf painted an array of colors he's never seen on one before. Eyebrows rise comically as Evergreen gasps aloud—not far from the prancing botanist.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Gently biting at the branches to pick off the sweet berries, they tasted to sweet. Almost like raspberries... but they were long, smooth, and blue. They were strange looking, and only time would tell if she were to get a sore stomach with them; so far so good considering that she's been picking at them for a while now. 

Finding a good sweet bundle, her cheeks puffed with the mount of berries she stuffed into them. Taking the time to chew and taste the juices of the fruits and look all around her... almost to cough as she gasped in shock at the sight. I'm sorry- cough. You took me cough. By surprise! cough. After her last encounter, the brown beast with teeth and a nasty sense of humour, she honestly thought she saw a bigger version just waiting to start a scrap again.

There was no antler big enough near by to trap it so she could get away.

She coughed a few more times to clear her throat, small tears formed at the corner of her eyes from coughing but she managed a goofy smile in the end. I thought you were someo-- 'something' else. The young woman explained with a musical laugh tickling her words.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Of course, he does not mean to startle her, either.

He stares, bewildered by her colorful appearance and berry-eating ways. The bearish wolf has always been curious about them—for he's seen many creatures big and small feasting on the delicious smelling snacks—yet it is a first to see a canine eating them outside of medical needs.

Snapping out of his daze, his round ears cup backwards. Oh! Uhm, no, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to startle you, Evergreen rambles, face feeling warm with embarrassment under his thick coat. He steps closer, worried about her coughing and especially curious of her patchwork coat. Are you okay? Certainly it looks like it for she wears a goofy grin and is laughing, but alas, the bear wants to confirm. A grin, however, curls on his dark muzzle—unable to resist how contagious it is.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Shaking her head while clearing her throat further so she sounded less like she had a frog caught in her throat. Yes, yes, I'm okay! But the familiarity between this gentle giant and the little bear she saw a while ago, the one who marred her shoulder (who was still healing, healing well, but man was it itchy). He had paws three times the size of hers.

His features were oversized, while hers were under. From one extreme to the next she amused herself with with the comparisons. I came across this squat looking thing the girl buckled her knees and elbows to try and mimic the wolverine's stance and grouchy face with a frown of her own. Similar to your colours, almost looked like a mini brown bear, with a similar temper right after hibernation. At first I thought you were a bigger version of it... only to remember that that could be a bear! Explaining her train of thought, she realized how ridiculous she sounded and how paranoid she may be as well.
Healing (2/6)

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Relief floods the young wolf as the stranger confirms that she is, in fact, okay. The last thing Eve wants is to give someone a heart attack! He has come close, with his appearance akin to a bear in so many ways. Alas, his personality fits that of the teddy variety.

Flicking his round ears back towards the patchwork botanist-to-be, Evergreen tilts his head in thought. The stance she makes reminds him of a badger, but the colors don't quite match up. Maybe it is possible though, just like how there are wolves of all shapes and sizes.

Wow, he says, voice filled with a mix of awe and concern. That sounds frightening! Fortunately I'm neither of those. Evergreen finishes with a chuckle. Of course, he could do damage like one, but he is gentle as they come. His rage only sparks when he wishes to protect another from danger—a mother bear.

Where did you encounter this mini bear? Eve wants to make sure it isn't anywhere close to Kaistleoki.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Still quite oblivious to how animatedly coloured she must look, Reiko continued to talk to this young man as if nothing about her was strange. Oh very fortunately indeed! If he was, she probably would have ran as far and as fast as her legs could carry her - hopefully before the thing sees her. Round 2 was not in her to-do list.

Hmm... Come to think of it, she would be surprised to see that same beast here. Maybe a different individual with luckily a different temperament, she wasn't even certain if she'd ever go back to that forest. It was in a forest of antlers. Perhaps in the direction of where the sun sets, toward the south from here. Pursing her lips, she tried her best to describe the location with which she encountered the strange beast.

I'm certain its no match for you sir - she began, the following was said in a tone only louder than a whisper, with ears flattened against her crown as if she was telling him a great secret. but I wouldn't go looking for it mister. Fearless it is, without hesitation was going to fight to the death against three of us.
Healing (2/6)

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
She bears good news, for whilst the creature is—as he assumes—within the Wilds, the direction is opposite to his home. Thus, it is hopeful that the creature stays put instead of migrating towards them.

He exhales a breath, calmed by the description she gives. Although she mistakes his desire for its location as a witch hunt. The bear, nonetheless, scoots closer to her with his head down and ears perked in her direction. Carefully listening to her secrecy, and is shocked to find the miniature bear so reckless.

Hmm, Eve hums, My home is to the north, so long as it stays south, hopefully it can be avoided.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Sighing of relief, the earthly toned giant held no interest to hunt the wild beast down and get rid of what he may consider to be a threat. Really she thought she just spooked it which caused the attack, but she'll keep that part to herself.. it was quite embarrassing to think she cause herself and others harm through selfish curiosity and getting just a little too close.

Your home? Come to think of it, he did have a very faint odour about him. My apologies, I thought you were like me. Now that I look for it, it's very plain to see. Well, not plain. She's met wolves of a pack before, they had a distinct odour about them that shown they had numbers behind him - each pack having their own unique smell and every individual perfuming its odour.

But she didn't want to insult him by pointing out how faint that pack scent was; there had to be reasons behind it.
Healing (2/6)

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Uh, yep, the bearish wolf grins, puffing his chest with pride. He cannot help love the group he's helped create, alongside everyone who has joined him.

That's okay! We, uh, live by a river, and are kinda... just getting started? So, I'm sure not a lot of folks know about us yet. It reminds Eve that he ought to see if they have any neighbors close by, and how they're like... hopefully they aren't against Kaistleoki's claim.

You're a lone wolf then? Evergreen has a hard time smelling anything other than sweet and, well, berry from the stranger that he decided not to assume until now.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
His obvious pride made her smile, she beamed along with him, sharing his excitement. Just getting started huh? That would explain a lot! I see, that makes sense! Plush white feathered boa flipped behind her punctuating her excitement.

Yessir, have been for an embarrassing long time now. Kind of intimating to ask someone to join, y'know? Her posture changed a little, from tall and excited to a little more bashful - thinking about how one possibly could be so brazen to go to a pack's established borders and request to join.

She wasn't even certain how much use she could be to anyone. And so she was perpetually stuck as a loner, that was until she grew the cojones to do something about it.

okay, clearly nearing the end here LOL I SEE THE LIGHT btw I love Eve. Such a qt
Healing (2/6)

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
LOL ❤ Aww, thank you. I'm really enjoying this thread and Reiko!

Oh does he ever know!

If it was not for Thistle, Eve wouldn't have joined Easthollow's ranks. Being alone, it is difficult to approach an unknown pack. Especially because you never knew what their reaction is... Eve distinctly remembers wondering if Easthollow's wolves would end up eating them for breakfast.

Yeah, I know what you mean! The bearish wolf nods his head enthusiastically. I, uh, was lucky enough to have my sister with me at the time. Otherwise I wouldn't have had the guts to try. His heart aches at the thought of Thistle. Part of him wonders if they chose a different path she would still be here with him. Alas, such thoughts were depressing to linger on.

I'm, uhm, the leader of sorts for our little group though, he pauses, turning shy and nervous himself—Eve never though he'd be a leader. Kaistleoki is it's name, and we'd, uh, welcome you... if you want.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Me too! I'm also real glad I can finally throw her into that meeting! As much as I enjoy this, we can end the thread whenever you'd like~ Or at least end the spree so you can give other people some attention LOL

That would certainly help, to have a companion at your side. Sadly she didn't have an all that good relationship with her own sister - her heart ached just for a moment before the woman pushed away the thoughts in order to keep with a good demeanour around her new friend here.

Cocking her head to side as he spoke, she was curious as to why he was being shy so suddenly. It was when he continued to speak, every word he uttered caused a ripple effect. Eyes light up, a bright smile, the tail swinging to and fro. Yeah? She could barely believe it, the invitation, it was a blessing! I won't have you regret it!
Healing (2/6)

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
I'm so excited! Thank you for spreeing with me, and I'd love another one between these guys ❤ How about we wrap this one up and start a new one? We still need some pack oriented threads, so I'd be happy to continue spreeing tbh :eyes:

His heart hammers in his chest. Perhaps he is being too forward? Certainly he thinks the patchwork woman would get along well with the others, and he never likes when others are alone... being without companionship... sucks to put it simply.

A sheepish smile begins to pull on his lips as she wags her tail, brightening akin to a star at night. To her question, he nods his head—'yeah'.

I'm sure I won't, he says, confident in his decision and wears a wide smile. His own tail batting back and forth. Oh, uhm, I suppose I should have introduced myself first... I'm Evergreen.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
It was my pleasure! and that sounds like a plan to me Stan the man. Let me know if you want me to start the new one!

Reiko's excitement was hard to contain, even harder to mask; perhaps it was because she made no attempt to hide her excitement. Finally, it was random and out of the blue, but she had a home. Home, she thought. It has been way too long. People to see as family, new faces to love and shower with affection. 

Evergreen. She repeated the name in order to store it away to memory, it was an important one after all - now that he was her superior. More importantly, a new special someone. I was given Reiko Yuuki Izuka; but Rei is more than enough. She dipped her head. Eventually it was only polite to give a full name, so why not now?

Is there anything I can do to help you? I mean, since the pack is just starting... I'm certain there are things that need to be done. Eager to begin helping, she wasted no time in offering her services.
Healing (2/6)

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Fade here? Feel free to archive <3 !!

Every day since Kaistleoki’s gears started to turn, the bear finds himself more and more overwhelmed with joy. Their group—their family—continues to grow. Ever single addition to Kaistleoki lives up to being kind, and courteous. His heart brims with warmth.

“Rei,” he parrots, just as she had done with his name, “It’s great to meet you.” The bearish wolf continues to grin wide, and his tail refuses to stop it’s persistent moving. Round ears perk with interest, however, as she offers assistance. Much appreciated, if he’s honest.

“Uhm, thank you! Help would be… great, to be honest,” he pauses, shifting his weight in thought. “Exploring, uhm, adding to the cache, patrols, and uhm, recruiting others. Any of that would be awesome.” There are other possible tasks that he is sure he’s forgetting, but that gives the basic idea at least!

“I’ll, uh, lead the way?” Eve assumes Rei isn’t familiar with Whitefish River, especially with… how she mentioned being southbound just recently. And during their adventure there, he could talk to her more about Kaistleoki’s policies and who currently resides in their group.