Heron Lake Plateau United states of a miracle.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
News tended to spread pretty quickly between the two sister packs, so it wasn't long before Towhee learned about Wildfire's illness. She felt bad for her older sister and her family, though there wasn't much anyone could do, @Raven included. Towhee's personal involvement didn't extend much further, at least not until she was approached with a request to dispatch X to search for @Kiwi, who was apparently missing in action.

Sitting at the edge of the plateau, the Beta considered the logistics. Sure, she could send the hawk to search for Kiwi, yet supposing he located her, how on earth was the hawk supposed to compel the yearling to return? How was he supposed to tell her about her ailing mother? The only solution was for Towhee to accompany him and act as a translator. For several reasons, the mercenary didn't want to do that. She didn't want to leave @Phox, @Fig and @Fennec. She didn't want to leave the plateau. She was no scout.

But she felt guilty, knowing she might be the only one who was able to reunite mother and daughter before the former quite likely passed away. Drawing in a long breath, Towhee took to her feet, though she did not disembark nor even call for X. Instead, she went looking for @Tegan.

I'm gonna date this for the 19th. :)
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
i dunno what tegan was doing. let's go out on a limb and say he'd just finished a patrol on the southern border and was now taking a nap. 

he smelled towhee before he saw her, nose twitching and ears pricking as he lifted his head to turn to see her. she approached as normal, tegan sensed nothing wrong (because he's stupid) and let his jaws part into a wide yawn, tail tapping a few times against the ground. hey, tow, he called out.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It wasn't long before she tracked him down near the borders to the south, evidently recovering from a patrol. He stirred and greeted her, to which she responded with a nod and a loud, "Hey." Towhee said nothing else as she closed the distance, casting a sidelong glance at the waterfall off to her right.

When she came closer, she took a seat and got right down to business. "Dunno if you've heard the news about Wildfire but she's pretty sick. And Kiwi's totally MIA. I've been asked to send X out looking for her but it's pretty pointless without someone to go with him to translate. I know you two don't get along but I figured I'd ask if you were up to the task. I could go with you if you want, although I'd rather not," Towhee said with her usual frankness.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
tegan stared as towhee explained, shifting a little more upright to listen to the whole ordeal. his face was pretty askew the more he learned about the task, and only when towhee finished did tegan respond. towhee, you're absolutely peachy keen, and i usually like being a part of this pack, but i gotta say, i really don't care about a single other one of the redhawks on this damn planet, he told her, matching her frankness with a quick flick of one of his ears backwards. he tilted his head so that the scar on his cheek was more prominent and pointed at it with a paw. phox included, by the way, he added. 

he turned from her for a second, using that same paw to swipe down his muzzle, releasing a heavy sigh. he looked back at her so that she could read his lips. don't the firebirds have a scout to send after her? or clover? she always had her head up kiwi's ass.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
His retort caused Towhee's brows to lift. Where had that come from? He made a point to mention Phox and her expression shifted into a bit of a scowl. Why was he telling her this? What did it have to do with anything?

"What the fuck, Teg?" she muttered, entirely thrown off course by his rude and unnecessary commentary.

hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
her scowl didn't really take tegan by surprise, he knew the comment was pretty out of pocket as soon as he made it... but he stood by it. sorry, tow, it's true, he told her with a gentle shrug, shifting again to sit a little more upright. he just remembered raven right now as he spoke, and he liked raven, but he didn't make a comment on it. i feel like i just keep getting fucked over by redhawks. screech, for one, bat came and left like it was fucking nothing, wildfire up and stole half the pack from us, kiwi is a bitch on the same level as clover, and phox fuckin attacked me when i was trying to get poe to safety during her heat, he explained in as much detail as he could manage. 

okay, now he'd mention raven -- just in an effort to soften the blow. you and raven's family are important to me, and i trust you wholeheartedly and you know i'd do anything for you, b. i'm just saying i keep getting the shit end of the deal from the rest of the clan.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"Okay," Towhee interrupted him in the middle of his tirade, her tone edging toward a snap, "all right. I get it, you don't want to do it. Don't know why you're felt the need to go off on me about this shit." And it quite frankly irritated her, mostly because he'd shat on Phox out of goddamn nowhere. The rest of his rant was mostly irrelevant to the subject too. Yet, despite herself, some of what he'd said stuck in her brain.

Grinding her teeth impatiently, Towhee drew in a breath, then sighed it back out. "You're not under any obligation to do anything. Neither am I. But I thought I'd ask. Didn't realize it'd cause a tirade." But now she spoke without any heat. And she couldn't help but ask, "Phox attacked you? Really?" How had she not heard about this? Oh yeah, because she's deaf.

hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
being interrupted, tegan felt a little twinge if agitation wriggle through him — though he kept it at bay. instead, to her defensive remark, tegan said, it was a request to find a wolf that adamantly hates me. and vis versa. and she’s bat’s sister. you were just as insensitive. to tegan, this made lots of sense. I’m not saying it’s reasonable, it’s just his take. hot take, maybe, but still. 

and then he was quiet for a second as she asked a second question. tegan simply nodded. yeah, he muttered, not giving the full details of it since he’d already mentioned he was trying to protect poe. who i am guessing has been MIA and another’s source of tegan’s angst. but call me crazy.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"My bad, I didn't realize you were so sensitive," Towhee couldn't help but retort, though she followed up with a smirk that was mildly affectionate. Her face slowly blanked out again when he affirmed that she'd heard him correctly (y'know what I mean).

"Are you going to elaborate or what?" she demanded after a few seconds, when Tegan patently didn't.

hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
tegan rolled his eyes... all with mildly good naturedness as well but... still. i'm king of sensitive, towhee, you know this, he joked back, but it was entirely true. 

tegan rolled his shoulders when towhee asked him to elaborate. he didn't really wanna spill his own beans... but. ah fuck it. he'd spill phox's beans. yeah sorry.. i'm kinda friends with poe, and when she went into heat or whatever she asked if she could stay with me. guess i just radiate manliness and safety or whatever i dunno. but i said she could, and while we were talking phox shows up and just starts growling. not even talking -- just ready to fuckin fight me. and then he did fight me. and then i skrt skkrted outta the mofo, because fuck that? but i think poe fought him off though for real... i dunno i haven't seen her in a while. tegan explained in one long wind, also signing the whole thing out. listen, i know that's not what really happened, but towhee doesn't know that. and tegan will be tegan.

he added with a tip of his chin upwards, a little quieter, it was when camilla or what's her nuts was still around... so i didn't say anything because i figured they were exclusive and that might cause some complications... but shit was not rad.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee watched Tegan's mouth closely as the story unfolded, though she was admittedly distracted when his recollection prompted one of her own. When she had been in heat, Kiwi had attacked her. She only just now remembered. Well, that decided the matter: she wouldn't be pulling any of her resources to search for that crazy bitch.

Bringing her focus back to her younger brother, Towhee sighed. -Heats make everybody fuckin' whack. Never mind about Kiwi. I mean it. Don't sweat it.- Good thing wolves don't sweat. -I can smack Phox in the dick for you if you want,- she offered, mostly jokingly.

hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
tegan's head tilted to one side as towhee suddenly recanted her request. he wondered if his lie sob story had really made her feel that bad for him... well, good. it should've. his life was really hard ): 

he chuckled, kind of, he was at least grinning, and shook his head at towhee's offer. no it's good, he probably forgot it happened, returned tegan with a shrug. tegan certainly hadn't, mostly because he was a sensitive lil bitch and also cause he'd gotten his dick wet that day!! what a memory.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She couldn't read minds, of course, though it was almost like Towhee read his when she suddenly looked shrewdly at Tegan. -Wait,- she signed, then paused for emphasis, -did you bone Poe?- If they'd been close when she'd gone into heat, she didn't see how it was possible they hadn't. Without even waiting for affirmation, she observed, -You stuck your dick in flaky. She's gone, isn't she? Lucky you. You illicitly knock up a chick and she runs off before you have to worry about being a baby daddy. Man, what would Qui and Rave have said too?- She clicked her tongue loudly.

hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
tegan scowled. did you not just watch me tell you i ran off? if anyone boned flakey it's phox, he retorted with a glare, though he was skrrrrting around on a big fat fuckin lie. besides! he didn't knock up anyone. poe said herself it wasn't a guaranteed pregnancy. duh, towhee. 

why is this post so short i'm sorry. tegan is apparently only interesting in 2 sentence spurts.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee's reaction:

[Image: giphy.gif]

-Well, I have some stuff to do, so I'll catch you later?- She made a point to shoot him a grin, then woofed and waved her tail before departing.

hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
ah whatever she could think whatever she wanted!! that didn't make it true!

oh, well, fuck i guess it was true... well... fuck whatever. it didn't matter, he hadn't voiced it so no one knew for certain. ha, loophole.

later, he said as towhee dipped, plopping himself back down. it's fucking nap time 2.0, hoes. fuck that weird ass conversation.