Whitefish River A million miles away
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Private 
@Sindri <3

The skies remain overcast, heavy clouds promising yet another bout of Spring rains. And yet, the bearish wolf is in his element here. Sinking into the River’s edge, he waits posed over the water’s surface. It has taken time for him to grow used to seeing with only one eye; his other damaged enough that it impairs him, despite not being completely blind in it.

Practice, and time away, however, have done wonders for Evergreen. He feels as if he is growing to be more himself the last few days. Perhaps that is partly thanks to @Liri (tagging for reference), as her presences offers him unexpected companionship so far away from Easthollow’s borders.

Round ears swerve, hearing the rustle of vegetation behind him, the bear turns to look over his shoulder. Part of him thinks it is the white wolf, and when he sees it is his own savior, the man’s face lights with surprise and joy. “Sindri?” His tail starts wagging like mad.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
24 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
phone post
how long had she been following him, staying out of sight and seeing just how well he was doing. was is wise to do this, why couldnt she just announce herself and simply say hi? what was wrong with her? a rustle if vegetarian and she was given away, well now she had to stop acting like a sneaking around teenager but his joy eclipsed her embarrassment. the light that seemed to shine in his eyes and the way his tail moved with such excitement, okay, maybe this wasn't such a bad way to be discovered.

sindri?

his smile was contagious and she found herself returning his enthusiasm as she moved out of the foliage to show herself clearly, her own tail dancing like mad. "björninn minn." She greeted softly as she closed the distance between them. the last time she had been this close a dark cloud hovered over him but now there was something else, she liked seeing this. it made him appear more handsome than before, without thinking she pressed herself into him. the way she had grown use to to comfort him back to sleep at night, while he was healing.

a blush colored her cheeks as she stepped back, why had she though that was okay? she was no longer his healer, no longer the girl he cuddled into for comfort. "um.. ah.. funny running into you.." smooth sindri, very smooth.

stað þar sem þú tilheyrir
common  icelandic
hover for translation
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
It is her.

He slips from the waters grasps as she comes into view. Both their tails move fast, shy excitement evident in how the two reacted to each other. Evergreen owes her his life, and a part of him feels guilty for leaving her behind on his travels. It was a spiritual meditation, however, that the great bear needed to take. Without it, he isn't certain he could have focused on finding what he is after. (He promised to come back to Easthollow anyhow, even if it was to himself.)

Sindri swoops in without fear, brushing against him as she often did when he was ill and injured. His round ears swerve in a moment of surprise, not expecting such a happy reunion. Evergreen's lips pull in a broad smile, his chin tucking down to rest on the thick mane of her neck. The contact is brief before the northern wolf steps back, but it is enough to leave the bear feeling warm.

Uh, yeah, what are you doing out here? He asks with a tilt of his head, but quickly adds on; It's good to see you.
24 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
do I do anything but phone posts anymore? 
Bonus: migraine

the healer had remained with the easthollow wolves for a week after her charge had left, awaiting his return. One morning she had woken up to a cold side, something she had forgotten how to deal with. She had waited, telling strange accepting the hospitality of this pack without her patient. On the dawn of the seventh day, she left. It seemed he might not be coming back, he was well enough to be gone for so long. Or was he? It had caused panic and compassion to swell in her chest as she then followed his stale and fading scent.

Now, well, now here they were. She had found him and instead of announcing herself, she stalked him like a crazed ex girlfriend. Smooth sindri. When she touched him, he leaned into her.  When she pulled away, it felt incomplete. 

what are you doing out here?

Ah, did he have to ask that question? its good to see you. that warmed her cheeks even more as she found her voice. "actually... I was looking for you.. when you didn't come back.." she trailed off before she tilted her sun eyes to his jade, she continued when she should have quite while she was ahead. "I like your company,  I missed it.. so.. I came to find you.." stop talking, stop talking!

stað þar sem þú tilheyrir
common  icelandic
hover for translation
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Guilt stabs at the bearish wolf's heart, for how cruel he must have been to leave her behind without word. In truth, he did not wish to spend so much time away from Easthollow; the adventure to Kintla simply happened.

His ears press back, and he wears a thick pout on his dark muzzle. Ashamed of his actions, and unbeknownst of Sindri having tracked him for so long.

I... I'm sorry, Sindri, he whispers, his voice fills with his guilt and sorrow. I shouldn't have left without word, and it is no excuse, but I was planning to come back. I missed you... too. Mismatched eyes lift from staring at the petite medic's paws to her face. She saved his life, is such a sweet and kind person. Sindri deserves to be treated better than he has thus far.

I'll make it up to you, he says, deciding on this and stealing his resolve.