Nova Peak You are a warrior
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
Her first night on the mountain, she cried.  She was strong, and brave, and fierce, and she felt terrible as she sobbed her heart out while hiding away.  She missed her mom though, and was starting to regret not at least stopping by to say goodbye.  When she left, she'd intended this to be a short trip.  But then she'd found the cliffs vacant and everything had changed.  She had a chance to do something really cool here.

Maybe she could send a message, or take one herself, once her hold here was established? Not completely, but at least to the extent where she had some to hold down the fort.

She continued to consider this into the next morning as she wandered the mountain's foothills, mapping her temporary home.  It was a nice spot, but definitely not long term.  She paused, nosing at a tree, before she gave it a good ol mark and moved on.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
20 Posts
Ooc — Blake
Katora continued in her path south as far as her legs would take her.  She had not yet run into another packs territory, taking great care to skirt around any she smelled.  She was in no condition mentally or physically to take on a full pack's ire at the moment.  

Though sadness still coursed within her after what had happened to her pack, she tried to continue to live for their sake.  She knew that she was strong and a skilled hunter.  She never liked leading a hunt but she was nevertheless an asset in a group.  The problem was, she was still deep enough in sorrow that most of her brain mentally rebelled at the idea of finding a new pack.  Replace her family?  So soon after they had died?  The concept was unthinkable, and yet.  

She smelled the lone wolf before she happened upon her mark on the tree.  From the scent she could tell that this wolf was, in fact, alone.  Setting up a scent border by yourself was very gutsy, in Katora's mind anyway.  Where she was from, you dared not mark anything unless you had a strong pack behind you.  Borders were constantly being tested and it was only because she'd left her pack's home so soon after their deaths that she had escaped being killed.  Of that fact, Katora was assured.  

Katora tilted her head back and gave an undulating howl of greeting.  She tried to make it sound as non-threatening as possible.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Kiwi had finished a part, but had more to do when the howl came.  The border she was making served a few purposes... it let those who wandered by know a pack was in the works here, and it let them know who was in charge of it.  By the call, it was clear both purposes were working, and Kiwi smiled in a very self satisfied way as she went to meet whoever it was.  Marks could wait a bit.

The girl had manners and respect and both of those gave her points before Kiwi had even had the chance to see her.  She looked older, but Kiwi wouldn't hold that against her yet.  As long as she was experienced and had no issues following orders, she was good here.

You called? she asked, lifting her head and eyeing her.  Here at least she had the advantage.  The other woman wanted something from her, and while Kiwi couldn't be too choosy with members, she probably was going to be.  Because it's Kiwi.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
20 Posts
Ooc — Blake
"Call I did," Katora replied.  

The new wolf was small, smaller than she, but her presence was commanding.  Katora supposed she needed to be, going around marking the way that she was.  Her striking green eyes caught Katora's attention almost at once.  She had never seen eyes like that before, especially not out of a brown wolf.  

Katora was certainly larger and bulkier than this new wolf but she tried her best to be polite.  She lowered her tail and ears.  She did not tuck her tail though because she thought, to a new wolf, that might be taken for permission to be abusive.  It was true, Katora knew nothing about this new wolf and she didn't want undue liberties to be taken.  That being said, what was going on was intriguing enough to tolerate the submissive posture.

"I smelled that you are marking but have no pack.  I wondered why that might be."  Katora caught herself.  "Don't mistake my intent," she added hastily, "I don't mean to take this territory over, not in the least.  I simply wondered as to the reason.  See, where I'm from, new territories are not secured until there is a pack present.  I was passing by and it interested me to know why."
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Hmm.  Kiwi listened as she asked her question, and was surprised by it honestly.  It hadn't even occurred to her that wolves didn't normally take places like this.  This was how they'd taken the glade, she remembered, as well.

Because I can.  And because it shows wolves, like you, what I mean intend to do here. she replied proudly.  It was good that she wasn't intending to take this place, because if she had been, Kiwi would have had no qualms fighting for it.
20 Posts
Ooc — Blake
Katora thought about the wolf's answer before she replied.  Bold was certainly a word to describe this wolf.  Bold wasn't, in and of itself a bad trait.  Not until it turned into foolhardiness, that is.  Katora didn't sense anything less than conviction about this wolf though.  A fool she certainly seemed not to be, although first appearances could be deceiving.  

"That is certainly as good a reason as I've ever heard," Katora said calmly.  "Forgive the impertinence, but what *do* you intend to do here?"
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
That there seemed like a silly question, and Kiwi was tempted to write her off immediately for it.  But no.... better to wait and see.  I'm claiming it, for now. I'm building a pack.  The other part she kept close, for now.  When the time came she could bring it up.

If you have useful skills, maybe you can join us, she added.  She was interested in what this polite wolf could do besides talk; talking was a skill, but by itself, it wouldn't help her much with what she wanted.  Not until she came up with a strategy.

For a strategy, though, she needed pieces first.
20 Posts
Ooc — Blake
Katora was taken aback.  Building a pack?  Of course, it was so obvious.  Why would she mark the territory for herself without a plan in mind?  Katora mentally kicked herself before replying.

"I would not mind joining.  I have recently become a lone wolf and I would enjoy the company and the added security."  The words fell out of her mouth with a bitter sting.  She had to think of her future, such as it would be.  New packs that were actively looking for members didn't just fall out of the sky every day.  

"You see I am sturdy, and I am not used to the warmer temperatures, but I am a solid hunter in terms of ambush.  If you lead game to me, I can take it down."

Katora held herself up to her full height, still ears and tail down so that it wasn't a show of dominance, but more so that her prospective leader could see all of her.  

On the inside, Katora shivered a little and prayed that this wasn't a horrible mistake.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Not a super strong answer, but not everyone could lead a hunt, and if she meant she was more comfortable in support, all the better.  Kiwi wasn't lookin for another leader.

Okay, you're in! So long as you help out, who knows, maybe you'll even make the top ranks? Kiwi doubted it from first impression, but it would maybe give her something to work towards.  She couldn't imagine anyone being happy just staying in the lower.

I should prob come up with a pack name and get a pledge group set up haha! Oops!
20 Posts
Ooc — Blake
OOC: No worries :)  I'll have to figure out how to join and all that stuff at some point anyway.  :)  

IC:  

Top ranks?  The idea didn't sit well with Katora.  The death of her pack was still too close and it seemed her ambition had died with them.  She had been in the top ranks there, one of the few set to inherit the land if she could prove strong enough to keep pack and territory together.  She hadn't doubted her ability with a strong pack behind her.  Her family.  All of them had been thick with familial love.  They worked and moved like a single massive wolf.  It did not sit too well that Katora would have to learn from scratch, at her age, how these new wolves would work and interact together.  

"Thank you for allowing me to join," Katora began, although she was sure it probably had more to do with the fact that this new Alpha needed bodies rather than any actual discernment.  Oh well, Katora would make herself useful, that was for sure.  She didn't much care what her new Alpha's motives were, so long as it was a way to distract herself from the emptiness in her heart and her belly.  

"I'm sure if I'm promoted, I will endeavour to deserve the honor," Katora said firmly.  The old rigidity was there.  She felt it in her guts but the despair threatened to turn it to timidity and shame.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
That answer appeased her extremely well.  Kiwi grinned confidently, glad that her merry band now had another to call a member.  Then welcome home! Home for now, at least.

Kiwi beckoned for her to follow, then set off to show her the mountain.  A few more and they'd be a proper pack for sure... one to be proud of, and one that could certainly challenge the sea wolves once and for all.

feel free to reply and wrap or just archive!
20 Posts
Ooc — Blake
OOC: Sounds good to me.  Where do we go from here?  

IC: 

Katora fell in line behind her new Alpha.  It occurred to her and she flushed with embarrassment at the realization that she had not asked her new Alpha's name.