Firestone Hot Springs I was fighting some demons
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Evergreen vague pp, let me know if I need to edit

In the following days after Evergreen had found her, the sylph had followed numbly - unable to process her situation. But as her head healed and the cobwebs cleared from her mind, she was beset by silent panic. She concealed it well in front of the others but when she found herself in solitude, she often stared blankly into space unable to answer the questions echoing from within. 

She was no vegetable - this was clear even from an outsider's perspective. She could track game, hunt it down, and skin it. She could sniff out freshwater and snare a fish from its depths. When her dark gaze swept over a meadow, she could discern which plants contained medicinal and edible properties - she knew which illnesses and symptoms they combated, could use them to treat scores of maladies. She even knew the effects of the toxic flora. She could dig a den, apply tactical defenses in a fight, and understood the subtle laws of the wild. 

But there were so many more things that she should have known: Who was she? Where was she? Who was Evergreen to her? Where did she learn to survive?

She could not properly recall even how the bear had come to be her companion but his face was the first she could remember; if anyone had answers it had to be the mocha-pelted male.

Liri trotted into the forest at midday, recalling that the bear had gone for a patrol earlier. She'd lingered at the campsite, curious to see if any of the others had plans for a hunt. With a grey squirrel clutched in her maw, she set out in search of their unoffical leader - pale neck extended to catch the scent trails of the forest floor. 

She came upon the grizzly with a muffled whuff, placing the squirrel in front of him with a nudge of offering, as if to say for you. 

She offered him lowered auds and slightly bowed posture out of respect, dark eyes darting towards him with curiosity that threatened to brim over. 

"Who am I?" She rasped softly, unable to withhold her questions any longer. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."