Panther Park A cloud hangs over and mutes my happiness
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 

His search for meaning in his life had brought him down from the mountains and into a forest of evergreen giants. Their size vaguely reminded him of the redwood trees that lined the cliffs of his former home, although their size was where the similarity ended. He tried to shake the memories of Drageda and his associated guilt, but it had been harder to do lately. The solitude that came with being without a pack had been freeing at first, but now it had started to feel the opposite; he explored for miles every day in search of something, but he could never really seem to get a grasp on what exactly he was looking for.

He glided through the trees, stopping when he locked on to the scent of what he recognized as a cougar. Curiosity had him wanting to follow the trail to wherever the cat was, merely to watch--not to engage, but the logical voice of self-preservation had him deciding against it. So, he resumed his steps again, forever in search of something seemingly just out of reach.
Common · Trigedasleng
30 Posts
Ooc — Ink
Away
Step after step he continued his journey. How long has it been now? How long since he woke up in an unfamiliar wilderness. How long since he last saw his family, his pack. It’s been maybe a week or more. Without direction he carried on, hoping to maybe find a trace of a familiar scent. But almost everywhere he went to, the scents and sights were unknown. The last thing he passed was a little creek that ran along a pack territory. Basil had been tempted to ask the pack where he was but did not want to risk his hide. Given that the scent of the pack did not trigger his memory meant that he was not close to his home. He was a stranger in these lands and he had to tread with caution. At least until he explored more of the lay of the land and knew where he was at least. So he skirted along the stranger packs territory and arrived at a giant lake.

Deciding to rest at this place he started drinking the clear water and his thoughts drifted. This area is so unfamiliar. I have to be careful, especially if I see the Pale Faces again. at this thought he was reminded of the clunky contraption tied around his neck. When he first woke up he tried ripping it with his claws and even tried rocks and trees to pry it off. It was surprisingly sturdy though and thus he stopped trying. Whatever it was it had not hurt him yet even if the ones that put it on his neck in the first place did. It was an inconvenience he will have to live with for now.

After he finished drinking he tried making out if he could smell something familiar that he could hunt. He hadn’t eaten since yesterday as he was mostly trying to get to safety first. It also didn’t help that he had only eaten rabbits and other small creatures to stay sated. Being disorientated and not knowing the common prey around here made it hard to find something substantial. “Another rabbit huh? Oh well, better than nothing.” he muttered to himself after smelling the scent of said animal. With quite paws and nimble feet he went back into the trees that lined the lake. The tree line gave way to a vast coniferous forest and Basil slowed his steps. He could smell another scent. One, that didn’t smell all that inviting. His sixth sense told him to stay away from the animal giving up that smell and thus he tried making a large circle around it and continued towards the area where he suspected the rabbit to be.

It did not take long after that to finally spot said prey. Immediately Basil crouched down and focused on the rabbit. Every hunt was currently really important to be successful. Otherwise he was destined to starve. With quiet and careful steps he tried going into the best possible position to ambush the rabbit. They were fast and though Basil was also quite fast, a surprise attack saved energy.

Thoughts  
Conversation
~The strength of the wolf is in the pack, the strength of the pack is in the wolf.~
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
sorry for the wait! I was on vacation and didn't have much time to post!

East had picked up the scent of rabbit, too, but was almost immediately distracted by the more interesting scent of a stranger. He followed the trail slowly and cautiously until he came upon the crouching form of the unknown man. He appeared to be hunting, so East sat where he was and watched, curious to see if the other wolf's hunt would be successful. Perhaps he could have offered to help, but the scent of rabbit was just as strong here, and the warrior guessed that the hare was the object of the stranger's concentration, making his help not really needed. 

So, as usual, he indulged his curiosity and watched, waiting for the expected events to unfold in front of him, gaze flicking between the crouched stranger and the forest vegetation.
Common · Trigedasleng
30 Posts
Ooc — Ink
Away
Eyes still fixated on his hopefully next meal, the young male didn’t notice another wolf coming up from behind. The wind was in his favor so he got a nose full of rabbit but sadly not the stranger sitting somewhere behind him. Basil carefully placed each paw in front of the other and rearranged his body so it was in prime position to take off and hopefully give the rabbit a quick end. It would not do to torture it with a badly placed strike. Basil always tried to end his hunts quickly and hopefully without causing too much pain to his prey. It might be food to him but it was still a living being.

He had to be extra careful with the collar but it seemed to not be too much of a hindrance while hunting. At least that’s one of the good things about this situation. He might not know what it was or what it does but it wasn’t hindering him that much. It was just extra weight he had to get used to and sometimes it obstructs his head movement but not by a lot.

After he deemed his positioning perfect he readied a jump and in a single bound he jumped on the rabbits back, biting down on its windpipe and head to give it a fast and merciful death. After releasing the now dead animal he hissed a “YES!” into the air and look around quickly but inattentive. He was so hungry; he didn’t have the patience to make sure the perimeter was safe so he just started digging in. Basil wasn’t a messy eater but he was starving so might be a bit overzealous. This meal would fill him for a bit. He would need food again soon as a rabbit doesn’t fully fill his belly that has been rumbling since yesterday but it was one less day or starvation. A quick thought flew to the gods, thanking them for a successful hunt.
Thoughts  
Conversation
~The strength of the wolf is in the pack, the strength of the pack is in the wolf.~
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He continued to observe the show unfolding in front of him, keeping his presence hidden from the stranger, although it wasn't too hard considering he was distracted by his meal.

East smiled a little at the hunter's exclamation and waited for the man to start eating. Assuming the other wolf ate his meal pretty quickly given that he seemed very hungry and the rabbit pretty small, East made his way out from his hiding place once the meal was sufficiently devoured; no sense in alarming him by seeming like he was here to steal his food.

He released a low chuff and stopped once he was out in the open. Then, he waited for the stranger to approach, careful to keep his body language neutral and nonthreatening.
Common · Trigedasleng
30 Posts
Ooc — Ink
Away
After this delightful meal he burped once and looked down at his paws that were somehow bloody. You weren’t really able to see it due to his black colored feet but Basil was able to feel it. His fur was slightly sticky so he started to clean his paw a little. Basil wasn’t vain or anything of the sort but he did not like sticky fur. Besides, who knows what will happen now. He was all alone and he might need to impress a pack that he can join at one point. It was usually always a bonus point if you didn’t look like you crawled out of a swamp.

This has already been a successful day. If he was lucky he might be able to get another rabbit or something else later on. Suddenly his musing was interrupted by a low chuff and approaching footsteps that he now managed to pick up.

With a start he turned around, already expecting the worst. But it was another wolf, one that seemed not inclined to attack him……at least for now. Being a bit excited to meet another wolf he took a few steps closer. “Hello?” the young male asked, wondering why the other approached him. Basil was almost sure that the other has been here longer before he showed himself. Maybe he didn’t want to interrupt Basil’s hunt? He even stayed away when he ate. This wolf seemed to be no threat so Basil’s face split into a grin. Finally he found someone that might listen to his story and maybe can tell him a bit about the unknown world he found himself in.

“I am new around these parts. My name is Basil and yours?”
Thoughts  
Conversation
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
East offered a quick dip of his head in response to the other wolf's initial greeting, taking a few more steps closer. It was then, upon closer inspection, that he noticed the strange thing around the other man's neck. It piqued his curiosity even more, and he wanted very badly to ask about it, but he wouldn't just yet; it seemed awfully rude to just come out and ask about something that made him look different. So instead, he took another few steps towards the stranger and replied: It is nice to meet you, Basil. I'm Eastwood. Then, he took a seat and glanced around. I've been here for a while, and I've been exploring those mountains for some time now, He continued, lifting his muzzle in the direction of the peaks when he mentioned them. Were you looking for any place in particular? East asked. Maybe I could point you in the right direction.
Common · Trigedasleng
30 Posts
Ooc — Ink
Away
The youth’s tail started wagging slowly. Eastwood seemed like a nice guy. Usually Basil was the type of young adult that just made it out of puberty: excitable, mischievous and trying to flirt with everyone. But Basil already has enough experience to be able to reign this personality traits in as long as he is in unknown territory or not sure about the other wolf. So reeling in his inner puppy he sat down and listened to the other’s voice, his eyes glued to the other. It had been lonesome; Basil hadn’t met another wolf in more than a week so after meeting someone after so long….he wanted to join the social interactions.

“Oh, well. I have arrived here like….I don’t know, a week or something ago. This is all so unfamiliar…” he said drifting off slightly and letting his eyes take in the big trees that were surrounding them before returning to the other wolf. “I am from a forest that we call Black Forest. As far as I know the pale faces call the land it’s in….Germany? I can speak the language but my family wasn’t originally from there. But its home…..or was….depending if I make it back. Do you know it maybe?” he asked with a tilted head, hope shining in his eyes. Maybe he was lucky and Eastwood does. If not…….well, that’s just how it is and the young male might have to stop trying to get back and rather create a life for himself in this new land, even if it was lonely. Damn, he missed his family. Even his stupid older brother Robert.
Thoughts  
Conversation
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
East's thoughts briefly flashed to when he was new here; it was fairly overwhelming, and he had family here. He felt for the other man, having to adjust to all this on his own without even one ally incase he ran into the wrong wolves. I'm sure it will all be better known to you soon enough, He offered, his lips curving slightly into a small smile. He'd made it on his own this long, after all, so East figured he must be somewhat capable. 

He thought to himself for a few moments when Basil mentioned his home, running the words through his memories for any kind of familiarity. But, he had never heard of Germany or these pale faces he mentioned. He shook his head. Sorry, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with your homeland, he answered. It sounds interesting, though.

Gaze flicking to the contraption around the other wolf's neck, he finally gave into his curiosity. What is that around your neck? East asked. He gave small shrug of his muscular shoulders and quickly added: If you don't mind me asking, of course.
Common · Trigedasleng
30 Posts
Ooc — Ink
Away
As the other answered his question, Basil’s perky mood suddenly dropped. His mouth turned from a smile to a frown. So Eastwood didn’t know his home. And given that the other said that Eastwood had been living here for a while, the young lad concluded that he was much farther away from home than he thought. So that’s it then? I won’t see my family again? at that thought his whole demeanor turned even more sad. The lad wasn’t even able to say goodbye.

Even Eastwood’s optimistic answer that he would know the land soon enough didn’t really raise his mood. But what did wallowing in pity help? It won’t get his family back. And hope always dies last. Maybe in the future he will be able to ask other wolves that traveled more if they knew where his home was. Basil shook his whole body, as if he wanted to shake off the sadness, and put on a smile again. “Well, now I know that I at least don’t have to search for them right now.” he released a sigh “Guess I will have to make a new life here. It is what it is but I will manage…..somehow” he said and grinned a little. Basil was young and even if he won't be able to see his family again for a while, one day he might make it back. It was jarring, getting ripped away so suddenly but he was at the age were young wolves usually always went their own ways and find a new pack to join.

Then the other pointed out the collar that was gracing his neck. With a confused gaze he tried seeing the thing but noted that it wasn’t possible for him. Basil face palmed and laughed lightly. Man, he was dumb sometimes. “Err, I don’t really know. It’s been there since I woke up here. I tried getting it off but so far it didn’t work. Hasn’t hurt me yet so I am not sure about its reason. It’s from the pale faces though.” he spoked and tried tugging on it with his paw again. Like usual it only dug into his neck and hindered his air flow but otherwise didn’t budge so he stopped again. “I almost forgot it was there. It’s not much of a bother most of the time.” Basil added and grinned again. Whatever it was, it was harmless for now so the lad hadn’t tried again to take it off.
Thoughts  
Conversation
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He knew well the trials of starting over somewhere new; that had been the entirety of his life since leaving Drageda. It wasn't easy by any means, but this wolf seemed like the type to fare well in such a situation. It isn't easy to start new somewhere unknown, he replied, understanding in his expression. But, I think you will manage just fine as long as you're careful. Sadness briefly touched his expression. Not everyone you meet is good, unfortunately.

He stared at the contraption with interest as Basil answered his question. Stepping closer, if permitted, he sniffed the object, inspecting it further. He shrugged a little. I could try to get it off if you'd like, East offered. Problematic or not, he would find constantly wearing something around his neck to be incredibly annoying.
Common · Trigedasleng
30 Posts
Ooc — Ink
Away
Ahhh. And there is the crux of the problem. Basil wasn’t ignorant or naïve enough to believe that every wolf was a nice one. He knew the darkness in people’s hearts can sometimes make them into horrible beings that enjoyed the pain of others. As far as Basil can tell, he was good enough to distinguish if someone would want him harm but the young lad is not without faults himself and his own reasoning might be wrong. But Basil was a wolf that usually listened to the nagging voice in his head. His instincts were usually right and it was better to be cautious in the beginning. As wise as Basil could sometimes be, his youth sometime stepped up and jumbled up his thoughts. Tales of adventures made his heart pump erratically and thus sometimes shoved his instincts to the back of his mind when making decisions.

“Yeah, I assume as much. I am young but my homeland and the creatures living in it thought me a lot. The pale faces always come up with new ways to chain us and keep us away…..or dead.” he said with a stale voice as if someone dying is just normal; which it sadly was in his old homeland. The pale faces don’t really like them but Basil’s family just had to do everything to survive. Basil lost a lot of his older family members and some friends even. But this land seemed to be void of the pale faces influence. It was a different danger residing here. In his old homeland there were not a lot of wolves but here seemed to be several packs and lone wolves. Basil will have to careful of other things her. And time will teach him.

Basil eyed the other as he got closer. For a second he jerked back slightly. Having a stranger wolf near his neck was not something he was all too happy with; with a sigh he resigned to it though. Maybe Eastwood was able to really get it off; it was a different angle after all. “Sure, my teeth and claws didn’t seem to do anything but you can try.” Basil spoke with a smaller voice and even though his instincts told him not to, he slightly offered his throat to the other so Eastwood was able to get to the collar.

I would like it if Eastwood can’t get it off either; I want him to have that collar for a while. ;)
Thoughts  
Conversation