Swiftcurrent Creek I can see your spirit in the sky [Birthing thread]
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
All Welcome 
Takes place the 17th of May

When she couldn't move anymore, she knew her babies wanted to come out any day now. She was glad @Eilonwy had come to meet her before her siblings were born, almost as if they had planned this all along. Truth of the matter was that Eilonwy had no idea Chusi had been pregnant while she was away. @Kavik had been so kind as to grant her her wish, and yet had demoted her in the process. Yes, she was still bitter about it, but there were more important matters right now - like the gnawing pain at her insides.

The sun had only just gotten up when Chusi lay panting in her whelping den, desperate to get her children out. She had already picked out names for them and everything was way less scary than last year. In a jiffy two little, wrinkly bodies were suckling at her teats. She cleaned and caressed them, noticing they looked a lot like each other. The only way she could tell them apart was that the bigger girl had some white hairs in her neck. That one was going to be Dakota. The smaller girl would then be Dorea.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He made his way to Chusi's den, a meal clasped between his jaws, as he had done everyday since she became too encumbered by pregnancy to really do much. Today, he brought a pheasant, and as he neared the den, he noticed the change in scent. If he hadn't just been through this with Alessia and his own children, he may not have recognized it for what it was. 

He stopped near the entrance and dropped the bird. He wouldn't assume he was allowed inside just because he was the alpha, so he released a low chuff to announce his presence and offer his help should she need anything.
I'm no good without you
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She turned towards the entrance when she heard the thump of a meal hitting the ground. Having been through this before and trusting every wolf near her, she didn't react negatively to another presence. She stuck her head out to see who it was, almost expecting to see Rosalie, the girl who had offered to aid her in her pregnancy though also the one to steal her rank, but she didn't mind who was actually at their doorstep. Kavik? She half questioned half stated.

We're all fine 'ere. Two lil' girls. She smiled. 'You seen Eilonwy? I want her to see her new sisters too. Was she asking because she was genuinely waiting for her eldest daughter to come or because she wanted to move the conversation onto what was really on her mind? Her demotion, her wanderlust, her feeling insignificant to the pack?
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Two more additions to the pack; two more young lives that needed protection. He was glad to hear that all three of them were doing well. I'm glad you're all well, and congratulations, of course, he offered first. Please let me know if I can help you with anything else. Of course he would continue to bring her meals and add her den to his patrol route, but he wanted her to know that she had his support should she need more than that.

I have not seen her today, he answered. But if I do, I will send her your way. Although, he was certain she would come by on her own soon. It was obvious over the last few days that Chusi was close to giving birth, and he assumed her daughter and not wanted to stray very far from the den.
I'm no good without you
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
He really wasn't a bad guy, but that wasn't what ticked Chusi off so much. She hardly believed she could feel so bitter about something so minor, but she did. All this bottling up of her feelings wasn't doing her well either and she was at the verge of collapse. Either she had to get her shit together and tell him outright that she wasn't happy with her place, or break all her morals and move somewhere else whenever her babes were old enough.

Kavik? She started, but the words got stuck in her throat.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
The way she said his name had him worried, and he looked at her with concern on his face. What's wrong, Chusi? he asked, moving to lie on the ground so that he could be at her level. He wondered what could be troubling the new mother, and he hoped to be able to soothe whatever worries she may have; she needed to focus only on caring for herself and her new pups right now. He knew the pack was under some strain right now with all of the children, but he was trying to find ways to make sure they would be able to provide for everyone. He watched her, concern still heavy in his expression as he waited for her answer.
I'm no good without you
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She took a deep breath. I'm sick of bein' a Delta. She responded. She wasn't sure where she had gotten the courage from, maybe hormones, but at least she was being honest now. She knew she was asking for a lot, but she wouldn't get anywhere with just accepting things as what they were. She was sick of being at the Creek as a whole, mostly because she missed all her old friends, but she was bound here now. And if Eilonwy decided to wander again, they'll never be able to find each other again.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He wasn't sure what he had expected her to say, but he certainly didn't think her frustration would be about rank; it was important to the pack structure, but it was never personal for him. He looked at her thoughtfully as he tried to decide how to approach this. And, what rank would you prefer to be? he asked first, trying to gauge just exactly what she was asking for. She had been here longer than anyone, and he valued her as a packmate, but he had his reasons for which wolves he gave what rank--reasons he would gladly explain, especially if it cleared things up for her.
I'm no good without you