Altar of Twilight We'll Finish What We Started
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
for @Arcturus but I wont stop others from joining! Hoping to maybe have this count as a scout thread? I'm just gonna say this takes place after Ira and Korei actually made it to MS
Traveling to Moonspear had taken quite some time with the lacking instruction the mountain wolf had to go off of. She had no idea what kind of territory their destination resided in which mean the journey felt ever ending until their paws met the borders. Speaking of-- the greeting they received was colder than the roan woman expected, perhaps Easthollow was making her soft. It's not unusual for several members to arrive for a border call, it just did not happen that often in her new home. Korei never spoke much of her birth pack, yet she had given the poor girl false hope about how she would be received by her family. How was she to know though? The only two packs she had lived in were drastically different.

The whole family situation was enough for her to want some space, it was not her business, she just wanted to ensure Korei Julia made the journey safely. Now Ira traveled the land keeping close to the edges of Moonspear incase her packmate needed her. If she was going to be this far from home, might as well take in the sights and see what exactly was around here, right? Perhaps she could bring home some useful information for Valette, whatever that might be clarified as.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
45 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
!!

He was curious as to the true visage of his new home. It would do him no good to be blinded by the fog of war while he lived here.

He saw the mountains south-and-west of the Phantom Hollow and was instantly intrigued. Granted, there were also mountains north-and-east, so he'd have to check those out. Maybe they were connected? Well, he'd had to explore. Not too far of course. He definitely did not want them to think that he had abandoned them so soon (maybe he should be more vocal).

He noted the landmarks as he passed them, drawing them in his mind's map to help him return home. Let's see...there was a river which he followed to a lake, then a forest by the lake. These already have names, he muttered to himself as he looked up at the high rocky walls. Knowing the names would help him embed the landmarks into his internal map, but for now he would have to rely on his kind of good pathfinding skills and inuition.

Malcanthet looked around the valley, intrigued by the high stone walls created by the mountain. Was anyone here? It was a nice cozy place to be sure.
bad language bby
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
A shuffling and quiet voice grabbed the female's attention as her head shot up to look around. At first she saw no one around, but eventually, her eyes would rest on the figure of a man nearby. It did not appear that he saw her however, so was he just talking to himself? After a moment's hesitation, she would call out to announce her presence. It's not like she was on someone's territory so there was no need for her to worry about being caught. Perhaps the stranger lived around here and could tell her more.

Excuse me-- Ira waited until their eyes met so she knew she had the male's attention before approaching. I am traveling through this area with a companion, but perhaps you know more than we do. Do you live nearby?
45 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
As a Melonii he should have known better than to be loud, practically declaring his presence to any wolf around him. But it was not as if he needed to hide himself. At least, so he thought. He should ask his mother or one of his other family members about their diplomatic status with the other packs.

He held her gaze steadily, mostly curious about her than anything else. Ah, no. I'm new to these lands as well, He grinned bashfully. Perhaps we should explore together?
bad language bby
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
"Perhaps we should explore together?

Ira took a moment to think over the proposition. She really did not plan on wandering far, she more or less just wanted to take in landmarks in case she ever had a need to head this way again. Then again, doing so with company could be safer in unknown territory, despite her ability to take care of herself...unless this was a trap. However, the man before her gave the mountain wolf no reason to be suspicious or doubt his word.

If you so wish, I see no harm in that. She quickly scanned the area before heading towards a tree line assuming the other would follow if he so desired. What brings you here?
45 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
She seemed to readily accept his proposal. He would have moved on either way, but it was nice to have someone with him as he travelled. He was not a lonely creature. He followed her gaze to trees ahead, noting that he had not yet been there. He followed after her, matching her pace s that they could continue their conversation. My family lives up north, he said, gesturing towards the entrance of this small valley. I have just arrived and I wanted to scout out our surroundings,
bad language bby
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The roan woman flicked an ear back to listen as the man followed. He claimed to live not far from here to the north and desired to know what laid in the area. In that sense they were similar, but her home was much further away. I see...that's wise of you. Someone has to map out the area if your family is new to these parts. My pack is a good travels away. We were visiting my packmate's family. Ira paused now looking back to the black wolf, I apologize, but I realized I never inquired for your name? I go by Ira.
45 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
As Malcanthet walked beside her he could not help but to admire her. Conventionally there was not much to write home about in terms of her fur color and eyes. But Malcanthet had long since come to understand that there was more to beauty than that. Her bearing was prideful and confident.

He would not press forward, but simply admired and appreciated her for what she had.

My name is Malcanthet Melonii, he dipped his head. She had not given her family name, so he presumed that either she did not have one or it did not matter much to her. He gave his simply out of habit and courtesy. He had not spent that much time with his Teekon cousins and thus did not have the knowledge of the dark history that they had here. He assumed that their deeds were known, not their names. Where is your packmate now? With his family?
bad language bby
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The roan woman would only cast glances to her company when the other spoke, otherwise keeping her eyes ahead. She had no real reason to stare and there wasn't much to take in about the other's appearance coloration wise.

"Malcanthet Melonii"

It was a mouthful of a name, then again her birth name was Stone of Creek. Ira had been enough to suffice her for a while now. It was short and straight to the point, often like she was during her conversations.

"Where is your packmate now? With his family?"

With his family? Ah, he must mean Korei. She never did mention her packmate's gender. Yes, I left her to work things out with her old pack. Some family drama there I suppose. Do you have any in your family?
45 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
After their formal introductions and getting a good look at his current partner, Malcanthet turned his eyes to their surroundings, flicking back every once and a while to keep an eye on her. He was here to scout after all, self-imposed as the duty was. He drank in the layout of the cove they were in, trying to commit as much of the place to memory as he could.

His ears pressed back, embarrassment flooding his senses as he realized the mistake he had made. She, sorry. he said, though it was really of no offense to anyone. He had thought he had been better about pronouns ever since he had lived with and raised his cousin Sascha. Perhaps time away from them had made him slip up.

But his mood swiftly changed. He barked out a laugh at her question. Family drama? We live off of it, he chuckled. There's always something up with us!
bad language bby
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The man corrected himself although she had no qualms with his slip up. After all, Korei was not here and she never hinted at the gender, not that it mattered anyway. No need to apologize. Perhaps if she was traveling with a mate it would make more sense to assume she was accompanying a male.

She too kept her eyes to the surroundings, although nothing really seemed to be of interest aside from the towering rock that lined the valley. Nonetheless, she would scan for other natural landmarks to fill her mind map. It wasn't until Malcanthet laughed that she glanced back to the wolf traveling at her side.

"We live off of it,"

How interesting, yet it was not that uncommon. Many wolves enjoy drama or meddling in other peoples affairs. I can't say the same. My family has its share of drama, but I have no interest. That's how I ended up way out here actually. Ironically I found my family trying to leave them.
45 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Perhaps it had been Sascha's strong and sometimes violent insistence on using their correct pronouns that had him so jumpy. The pale wolf was younger than him, but they were exponentially fiercer, spoiled rotten by their fathers Uncle Meldor and Evgeni. You'd be surprised, was all he could say on the matter. He knew that Sascha's status was unique, to say the least, and he was glad that his cousin was strong enough to defend themself, but he had to be honest that sometimes they took things too far.

He was lucky that he had been a worldly person. He was able to experience the possibility of lives outside of his own. He knew that the Melonii were unique when it came to families, and that was not just due to their religious insistence on treachery and backstabbing and plots. Even they had their fair share of those who could not handle the drama that went on. I guess I'm kind of the same, he admitted. I avoided my duty to my family and walked away. And now I'm back serving them. He smiled at her, diverting his gaze from their surroundings once more. S'funny how things end up, yeah?
bad language bby
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
He had avoided his duty? If Ira had known the man any better she would have likely gone on a lecture about how it was important to uphold one's duties and stay committed to your pack, but this was a stranger and it wasn't her business. I see... Rather or not he did what she considered right or not did not matter as she would most likely never see the outcome.  What was your pack's name again?

Looking back, they had traveled away from the ridge of the mountain leaving it a good distance away. She wouldn't have minded continuing had Korei not been around, alas she promised to watch out for her and should probably stay within earshot. I'm afraid I should turn back here. I'd like to be close to my pack member should things go awry. Perhaps if I am ever up north I could visit this pack of yours and we can speak again. It's nice knowing who's around. Unfortunately for her, she did not learn the information she originally sought, but now she knew there was a pack not far from Moonspear.
45 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
He could hear the hint of disappointment in her voice, but shrugged it off. He had enough of that within his own family — the elitism of this sect was stronger than he had ever seen before. He simply had to adjust. He was different than the young slip he was a few years ago. He hoped he was. 

The Melonii, He grinned bashfully. Unoriginal, I know. He supposed that here where their name was not as known it was appropriate to be blatant. Yours? He returned the question. Or at least your friend's. Just to help me map things out.

They had walked a long distance as they talked, devouring the steps with their conversation. Of course, He nodded, understanding. It wasn't right to waste the day away with a stranger when you had a friend waiting. It would be nice to see you again. 

bad language bby
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Malcanthet gave the name almost hesitantly. The Melonii, the name of his family. Interesting choice, but if the only wolves in the pack were family, it made sense.

Ira simply nodded storing the name away for later. She could venture out to see this pack another time. We reside in Easthollow. Just over the mountains near a stone clearing.

he was already backing up as the man said his last words, Likewise, until next time then. Perhaps we can exchange our knowledge of the land then. Not wanting to leave Korei alone any longer the roan woman turned and would make her way back to the foot of the mountain to await her packmate.