Hushed Willows won't you hear us sing our family song?
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Private 
dated a couple days ago, after Minnow's return to Elysium

Minnow was back. @Sunny had retrieved her from some pack elsewhere, and while the details were murky (and not altogether pleasing, from what she'd gathered) the most important thing was that the girl was home. The parents were undeniably relieved, as was Lily, obviously. Not only was Aliac's litter restored in full, but peace as well.

She went looking for the young father today, hoping he wasn't wearing himself too thin. Lily had tried her best to help Aliac during her daughter's absence, but there was only so much you could do for a fretful mother. All she could do for the parents was lend a show of support.

The blackbird skimmed the edge of the Rose Moor and let out a gusty sigh, feeling a quiver ripple within her belly, like a tiny fish. This was where she and Khali had created their children, and the sight of it still filled her with that strange, hot desire—yearning that went beyond even love, something primal. She turned her gaze away, hoping to cool down lest she bump headlong into Sunny now.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Unfortunately for Lily he did stumble upon her then though he didn't notice her staring at the scenery. His mind was elsewhere, on whether or not the three children would be okay while he just took a small break. What if something happened again? He'd been around them since bringing Minnow back, only leaving to hunt and making sure that Aliac was fully awake to watch them. The sight of his sister in law(?) brought him short and he gave her a weary grin "Do you mind if we sit together? I uh...need to speak to you but I'd really like to rest too" he asked sounding embarrassed.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Ah, just the man she was looking for! Lily gave him a gentle smile in response, nodding. Of course, of course, she insisted, her tail wagging behind her. She sat, waiting for him to draw alongside her. He looked quite drawn, naturally, though surely he must feel better having his daughter back.

How are you? Lily asked, chasing that train of thought. It had been quite a rollercoaster few days for the young little family; even seasoned parents would struggle with something like this. How's Minnow? Aliac? She cut herself off for now, knowing that a barrage of further questions would only overwhelm Sunny. He needed to talk more than she did.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The little in the days that came and went became nosey and curious of the wolves that resides with her. So when she noticed her father slipping out of the den. She made it her mission to stealthily follow him and she seemingly was doing a good job.

He met up with another wolf and she hid in a bush but her hiding place failed as she fell out of it with a thud.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He smiled gratefully as he sat down, sighing with relief as he took a moment of silence to relax before she started asking him questions. "Well....better now that Minnow is home. Stressed because I'm scared to leave them with Aliac though I do cause I know I have to let her be a mother. Aliac seems off...I haven't really discussed what happened but she knows it was a mistake that never should have happened. I think it's eating her up. Its eating me up too" it all rushed out and he sighed softly shaking his head "I'm angry at her and I'm even more angry at myself" he whispered, voice shaking a bit before he heard the thump of something falling. He turned to look and spotted Minnow a look of surprise crossing his expression before he gave a small chuckle and stood up, moving to her "C'mere you rascal. What have i said about wandering from mommy?" he was firm with the reprimand but he ruined it by lowering his muzzle and tickling at her nose with his muzzle. "Come say hi to Aunt Lily and then you can explore where i can see you, okay?"

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She was happy he felt comfortable enough to discuss it, to let so much out. It clearly was the thing foremost on his mind—how could it not be?—and here it spilled, like blood from a wound, hot and vulnerable. Lily gazed softly at him, nodding intermittently. She was about to speak when the thump caught her attention as well.

Speak of the devil, Lily teased, giggling. She lowered herself slightly, beckoning the girl closer with a twitch of her muzzle. Hallo, Minnow. Were you looking for your daddy?

Poor Sunny—she thought he was really in for it, with this one. She and Cam would make quite a pair; little escape artists, those two. Do you think Aliac needs help and is afraid to ask? she asked the man, a little under her breath, eyes darting upward. I can see why she might blame herself for what happened—her pride is definitely hurt.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
He scolded her a little bit she didn’t get sad about it when he tickled her she giggled. That’s when she saw the other lady and walked to her. She had never met this girl before and she gave a little bark.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He tossed Lily an exasperated but humor filled smile as she greeted Minnow, his little troublemaker. As they made their way back he processed her words and he knew them to be true but even so, he was helping all he could. "I can tell she is afraid to be a mother and I've not only offered all I can but I bring her food, i take them for walks with me, play games to tire them out. I've done all i can so the work for her is as little as possible" he was clearly exasperated and though on the surface he seemed annoyed, his voice quivered and his eyes were swimming with sadness and fear. He felt like he was losing his wife in a way, things seemed so weirdly different and neither of them spent any time together anymore. "I think it's more she's scared of the mistake she made...she's not a prideful woman. She thinks she's a failure but I don't. Even though I'm...a bit worried I don't think she's a bad mother. I've began to take the pups even more now that it's happened to help" what was he supposed to do when his wife wouldn't open up to him honestly? To distract Minnow from the conversation he spotted a grasshopper and pointed it out, telling her she can go chase it but to stay close.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Lily nodded through this little speech, face suffused in empathy. It's not easy, she murmured. Sometimes, she had to fake it, being on someone's level—but she knew the trials of new parenthood all too well. Been there, done that, still doing that. . . Especially after what happened. You both are doing your best, but things still won't be perfect.

Her eyes were plaintive as she stared at Sunny. Please, let me help, she insisted. My three are getting older, and I've much more free time than before. Let me take some of the burden off yours and Aliac's shoulders. It's what aunts are for, right? At this, she gave him a cheeky smile, and Minnow a conspiratorial wink.

What else is on your mind? she queried, canting her head. She was content to sit and listen all day if need be. Funny, that—that someone so talkative could have grown into such a good listener.

Character development, amirite?

fade this out? <3
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
"I don't want perfection. I love her how she is I..wish I was just better at this stuff. Being an adult..a husband...a father" he responded calmly, though his eyes darkened as he began to wonder if he had been going about it wrong. Had he been helping in the wrong way? What if Aliac had needed to talk, to be held..or what if she had wanted to hunt? He couldn't imagine being cooped up all the time without freedom. His ears fell back though they raised at her offer for help. He hesitated and then smiled, relieved and nodded "I would appreciate that, so much" he said "just let me return the favor" he smiled and contemplated her question, about to say no when Minnow yipped and he looked up in time to see her running off after a rabbit. He cursed softly and stood up, apologising and running after her.

Tysm for this <3 she will be missed