Stone Circle daughters of coldharbour
those whom life does not cure, death will.
270 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
laurel was here. all scents, all signs, they lead here. her scents had since faded, but her memory was kept vividly alive in iliksis' mind. he stalked, staked, prowled, paced.. and finally, wishing to be known, the man threw back his thin muzzle and a low howl pressed from his throat.

he wished for her to know he had found her, and he was here to collect that cruel memory, to linger malignantly on the fringes of her safe harbor as a reminder that it was he that controlled and owned her, and that no matter where the tawny huntress went, he would follow like a grim and cancerous shadow.
warning: PG-18+ explicit content.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
hope you don't mind me throwing Ira in :eyes:
Ever since Winter had come and gone, it seemed wolves were out and actively crossing borders once more. Either passing through or looking for homes, it made border patrol that much more of a hassle. This time though, she would not have to go through the trouble of stumbling upon an intruder. No, this time their presence was made with a howl.

Ira was quick to respond to the call, only slowing once the male came into view. As usual, she would give a quick assessment of his stature before addressing the stranger. You travel on Easthollow's grounds, identify yourself. She had no reason to be pleasant in her introduction with pups about.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
270 Posts
Ooc —
of course not! thank you for joining <3
iliksis expected to wait following his howl. he was being foolhardy, risking his life and limb if the tawny wolf had spilled his crimes with her new family. he had some experience with wolves of her ilk, and in his opinion few shared their shame... but he would not blithely ignore there were risks to being so bold.

no army came yet, but he saw a tall, spearing figure approach. as he was assessed, so he assessed her; his dull yellow gaze lingering perhaps too callously. she was far prettier than laurel, but iliksis did not often like pretty women - they were often too proud and too heavily protected.

"i am looking for two sisters." iliksis answered smoothly, a thin smile spreading across his features that was sharp and in no way held warmth. it would be tricky leaving a little message for laurel - particularly when iliksis only knew so much about her.. but he was craftier than most, and could manage with the little information he had. "i tracked them here.. one is pregnant," he added, his gaze resting on ira with scrutiny, looking for a flicker of recognition.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Usually those who came to their lands would introduce themselves, instead, she was only given a reason for the male's presence. He was seeking out two bodies, and if she had to guess it included two of their newcomers. She recalled seeing a pregnant wolf around recently, and while she did not question it, she did wonder who they were. New or not, they were part of Easthollow now, and the lack of warmth given by this stranger, painfully obvious from the look he gave, was enough for her to question his motives.

And who are these sisters you speak of? What might your connection be? Ira kept her face blank and stonefaced as ever. It was her specialty after all, and the way this man spoke tipped her the wrong way. She would need more answers if she was going to let this man anywhere near the center of Easthollow.
270 Posts
Ooc —
rather than be helpful, the tall wolf grew suspicious of him. he could see it in the steeled glint of her gaze; she did not trust him.

her question caused his frown to fall, and his keen features took on a swallowing, darkened aspect. "you know the sisters i speak of." iliksis despised guessing games when he was not the one in the know, and ira's deliberate withholding of information sent a spike of annoyance through his skin that iliksis did not show. he gave her a long, measured look that showed he could see right through her ploy: wolves with nothing to hide answered questions freely, and she did not. therefore, he could reasonably assume she was protecting information to prevent him from rightfully discovering it.

what was his connection to them? at this, the smile returned. it hung his features like a saggy skeleton grin -- threatening and deeply unsettling. "i am the father of her whelps." he cared little to see them; he was here simply to remind laurel that he was an omniscient presence that could not be hid from. "you will pass them a message for me."
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Knowing and knowing of, a slight difference with very different meanings. It was true Ira knew of the wolves he saught (if it was even the right pair), but she did not know them. She watched with hard eyes as the other stood in silence before he grinned once more claiming to be the father and demanded she carried a message.

There were many things wrong with this picture. He had tracked down this pregnant woman, he did not travel with her. That was enough for her to take a heavy guess he was not wanted anywhere near. The second issue was this trespasser thought he could make demands and actually expected her to go through with them.

Ira raised her head, adjusting her stature to look down with growing aggression. She was losing patience for man. Remember whos land you stand upon. I owe you nothing, nor do you have grounds to raise what should be requested to me. I suggest leaving now or face the consequences for trespassing through pack lands.
270 Posts
Ooc —
iliksis felt the growing barb of the girl's anger; good. the worm lived on aggression -- his very creed was violence. he fed on it. if ira raised a fang for him, she would find iliksis was no stranger to cruelty, and would be thrilled to partake in something as delightful as afternoon bloodletting.

he blinked rather slowly as ira lifted her chin; his gaze drew pointedly across her jugular, bare with the fur along her throat pulsing ever so slightly. how close life drifted to the surface, how close blood pulsated through the skin. his grin did not falter as he looked about them; he had yet to trespass, and her aggression for his presence on her borders was warranted, but he did not fear her. he would leave soon, but not before his point was made. "i do not trespass. if i wanted to, you would not know." he lifted his paw lightly, feeling in his element.

"you owe me nothing, but you owe your packmate.. you will tell her i came to visit and look forward to seeing her soon."  not wish to see her soon, but look forward to seeing her soon. his malevolent gaze flickered over ira expectantly.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The nerve of a man who did not know his place. Ira felt no desire to waste her energy spilling unneeded blood, but if he refused to leave she would resort to aggression to get him to leave. One thing was for sure, she planned on speaking with Valette, as for this pregnant woman, she felt keeping her worries at bay were better off than spreading around some terror message.

She squinted as she considered his words and what intentions he held behind them, before finally responding once more. Your message was heard. If I catch a whiff of you near here once more you will not get the chance to leave breathing again. Your turmoil can take place outside of pack grounds. That was no promise to do what he said, however.
270 Posts
Ooc —
iliksis inhaled a slow breath, one ear flicking as if in casual afterthought. it occurred to him to ask if all strangers were treated so coldly -- certainly, this woman seemed aggrieved by his presence (for good reason, given her intuition -- but iliksis had done little but smile and exist in exchange for such hostility).

she did not promise to carry his message, but it mattered not. iliksis planned to see laurel soon, and he knew his howl would carry across the flatlands with ease. dipping his head in a feinted, very insincere bow, the man offered a cold smile to accompany his glittering eyes. "you are too kind, to greet a wanderer so sweetly. i am sure you spare this courtesy to all that come to your borders.." his voice was dry but barbed, and he took a step back to make his leave. "you will see me soon."

he flashed one last unnerving smile, and then turned from the tall sentinel.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira left no comment as the man turned to leave. His words dripped with a cold sarcasm as his stare threatened to cut where his fangs could not. He never left a name, but whoever he was it was clear his business was unwelcome in Easthollow. She would have to immediately report the incident, but first, she would stand and wait. Watching as the black pelt slinked off towards the forest where she could only hope he was not foolish enough to reemerge from.