Sun Mote Copse we are biding our time, for these myths to unwind
super-adorable little shrimp
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
"That's a... water moon," Elfie explained and sounded more confident than he had felt, when Weejay had asked the question. "It's the brother of the moon up there, it just likes to swim around," he went on, his faith in his own abilities growing with every moment.

"And it can grant wishes. Only... you have to give it a tribute first," he said, left Weejay standing by the edge of the sinkhole, hunted around the banks for a bit and came back with a round rock in his jaws. This he put on the ground and told. "You think about a wish very hard - you can't tell anyone about it - throw the rock in the water and ask the Water moon to fulfill it," he said and waited for his sister to follow instruction.
we are biding our time, for these myths to unwind
248 Posts
Ooc —
Weejay peered at the water-moon, skeptical; only because, she had peered down at the surface of stillwater before, and had seen herself reflected back -- and she didn't think she had a sister in another realm, staring at her. But for the sake of play, she went along with Elfie's explanation with a grin.

Fetching the largest stone she could find (one that kind of hurt her teeth a bit, when she bit down into it) Weejay scrambled to the bank. She hucked that dang rock as far as she could, putting so much effort into the momentum that when the rock left her mouth, her momentum kept her going. "oOOOP--"KERSPLASH!! In a blip, Weejay's form was underwater, followed shortly by the clunky PLOP!! of the rock several feet away.

She rose with a gasp and a cough, grinning as she padded back to the bank. "Does that count as two tributes?" The soggy puppy asked, hoping the tribute might be enough that her wish would come true.
so hold nice and close the ones who get to your soul,
so that when it is cold, you wont feel so alone
super-adorable little shrimp
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
"That counts," Elfie replied, laughing in relief, because for a moment he thought that Weejay had gone down to the bottom the same way her rock had. "So - now you make a wish, I think that you can make two," he scratched behind his ear, not very certain on, how these things truly worked. But anyway - a tribute was a tribute. "And you cannot tell anyone, what you wished for. IF you do, it won't come true," he told her, voice very serious.

Then he sat down and with his eyes closed he thought long and hard about a particular wish for Weejay. Eljay had entered his mind initially as well, but he still believed that adults did not need so much of "wishing upon a star" stuff, they could handle everything, while kids could not for various reasons. I wish that Weejay is always happy. He finally said, then looked over to his sister to see, if she had made a decision as well. Somewhat selfishly he hoped that she would remember about him in her two wishes to the golden fish.

My last one. You can wrap it up in your next post.
we are biding our time, for these myths to unwind
248 Posts
Ooc —
Weejay had known what her wish was the moment she had thrown the stone. It was not so different than what Elfie's was, seconds later - I wish Elfie knows he is always loved. Her second wish took a little longer to formulate: I wish daddy can find happiness.

Sodden but in that moment quite content, Weejay sat down besides her brother and closed her eyes. A few times she peeped one eye open and peered at him -- but his russet face was framed in concentration. Just as she was about to pounce upon him, he opened his brilliant eyes -- Weejay beamed and tackled him in a big bear hug. "IGOTCHU!" She roared, pressing her very-soaked chest to him as she held him close, wishing in that moment she had a third wish which would go something like, I hope it stays like this forever.
so hold nice and close the ones who get to your soul,
so that when it is cold, you wont feel so alone