Kildeer Rest Much more than heartless
61 Posts
Ooc — Espero
All Welcome 
By now things were settling back down for the male, his ex mate had forgiven him and his road to physical recovery was accomplished, not to mention the new growth some sort of relationship with his old mate. Even if just the friendship he so wanted to turn it into much more, wouldnt. Gaining what he lost so long ago would be nearly impossible, all that was left was his heart yearning for a past love. Thankfully, distractions were a plenty and his mourful heart was able to catch a break from its constant sorrows. Kildeer is the furthest he's been from Shadewood borders since his punishment was "gifted" to him a month ago. He's been there forever and still, no sign of the Alpha wavering on his punishment. "Stubborn ass," Higoro grumbled to himself, giving a fed up huff from his nose. 

A sudden, loud chirping sound came from the grassy field in front of him. Higoro stopped in his steps and looked down, lifting his paws to make sure he didn't step on chicks or a bird. Nothing. Another chirp, this time more frantic with rustling weeds in the near distance. Higoro followed, interested in what would come of the noise. As he neared a small boulder, out popped a bird onto the rock. Small in size with black and white striped on its neck. What kind of bird it was Higoro wasn't sure but it appeared to be injured, its wing bent at an odd angle. The male laughed, he thought it would be an easy snack, so he lunged for the bird and bit rock. His nose smashing into the small boulder. Higoro wrinkled his snout, numbness plauged the tip of his muzzle. 'Cursed are those damn creatures', growled Higoro. A tough lesson from a crafty Kildeer, one he was sure to make note of in his mind in case he came across another. But hopefully there wouldn't be anymore tricksters hidden within the field.
No honour among thieves 
59 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Leen entered the lands leisurely, taking his time on his journey. He'd started out on his own since the spring -- before the snows had even thawed. He'd just dragged his ass through one of the thickest woods he'd ever encountered and now found himself looking for a snack. He knew he'd made it.
The Teekons.

He yawned, ambling. He didn't feel like running, not that his body had been worn as it is. A chronicler didn't do much. Perhaps he'd change his trades. Dabble towards hunting, become one with the world.
He scoffed out loud, thinking he was alone.
Laughter floated to his ears, causing the man to perk up and investigate. It didn't matter if anyone he came across wasn't friendly -- he could be just as dastardly. 
"Hey there stranger!" He called out, catching the form of another in the trees. Perhaps they could give him direction.
61 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Whew, sorry I'm just now getting to this, had work then a spree over in SW. Good to go now!

As Higoro was walking away he heard a voice calling out to him, he stopped in his tracks. His ears slightly pinned down and he let out a small groan. Another trickster withdrew from the grasses, or so Higoro thought him to be. With the flick of his tail Higoro turned, his muddled mood caused a grunt for his own greeting. He stood a few feet away from the other, distance was key, if the other male didn't piss Higoro off then maybe he wouldn't lash out on them. Though from the silvers perspective, he looked too chipper to piss him off. No, he was gonna more of an annoyance to Higoro than anything.

"You following me? Cause I could've sworn I was alone in this place." That was his opening statement, that was his conversation starter. This is Higoro, this is him. Anyways, a quick once over and the other was put under the 'tiny but maybe deadly' category. No, the silver wasn't impressed. As if he was by anything but that was besides the point.
No honour among thieves 
59 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
It's fineee <3
Leen snorted at the seemingly offended male.
"Then you must be worse at noticing your surroundings than me, lad." He flashed a Cheshire grin to the aggy man. His tail swished the air before sweeping side to side at hip level, taking a few steps closer to what he felt was a conversational distance.

"Y'know which way the rest of this land runs? Be it west or south?" Leen knew the Teekons couldn't run East, he'd come from that direction. Northwards was an ocean so, west and south it was. He raised an expectant brow to the silvery man, a good-natured expression hanging on his face despite the frosty greeting. At least it suited the area.
61 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Higoro hummed at the males odd, snarky, accented comment, and look of 'oh no, my feelings, they're wounded' was the face he chose to use as his response. Instead of giving his own quip back, he chose to bite his tongue, a rarity for him to do. He saw no point in starting anything, he was out exploring, trying to enjoy what he could. Briefly ignoring the others question, Higoro started walking away, but looked back and gestured for the other male to follow. Perhaps the pair could get into some trouble down the line. "I don't know these lands, I came here only a few months ago. My suggestion is you explore what's around, figure it out for yourself."

Back to the accent, or odd wordage accent, he didnt know. Higoro had never came across it before. He understood what the male was asking and saying perfectly, it was his use of wording that threw Higoro for a spin. Clearly interested, he asked; "Where are you from? That accent, I've never come across it before. You use your words like a uneducated child." He was intrigued but still always made room for insults. That was the Higoro way.
No honour among thieves 
59 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Leen thought it rude for the man to just start walking away, causing a bristle of the fur. He was about to storm after him with a demand for knowledge but the silvered one inclined his head. Leen soothed his pathetic temper and followed quickly, his tail swaying softly as he walked beside him.
He thought for a moment before questioning, "Did you come through the same thick woodland back there or from south?" He'd passed through the south path, exiting through the bracken, though he couldn't remember the land in it's best form. 

The question came as a surprise. He'd rarely had people ask about his accent and he'd never've placed this guy as one to question it. "I come from many places. I guess I was born in the south but my family migrated north as soon as my siblings could walk." He flashed him a grin, "I suppose you're not as well traveled as me. I suppose that makes you uneducated, lad." It was a shot in the dark but Leen didn't care if he crashed and burned. 
"Why should I not use words in a way that expresses my own individuality, you close-minded tart." Well, that came out unexpectedly. Though he was called a child so, he didn't care much. Leen just laughed, shaking his head at himself. 

61 Posts
Ooc — Espero
South? Migrated north? That helped a lot to uncover the reason behind the males accent. Though Higoro left that up to his own stupid questioning but he let it go and continued walking, which ever direction he was going. The other males question would be answered in due time. His comments about being the true uneducated one, definitely would not be let go of that easily. Higoro stopped in his tracks, looked back with his ears pinned and a nastly snarl starting to take form as he neared the other male. "Listen here boy, I have lived a thousand life times compared to yours. I know more than you now, more than you will ever know in your entire life. Spare me your quips and either get moving back from where you came from or, to answer your question, head south west. Where I came from, I protect Shadewoods borders, so you'd just be giving me an excuse to fight!" His voice had raised as he neared the end of his lecture. 

Maybe it was enough to scare the male away, Higoro was far from small and weak. Doubtful though, somehow Higoro knew another quip would slither its way out of the males mouth and directly into Higoros ear. So, to further save himself from the torture that is his quips, "And so help me God, you so much as make another snarky, half baked, comment. I'm gonna lose it, you incessant child." He groaned, his eyes rolling, as well as his body rolling back to the direction he was heading.
No honour among thieves 
20 Posts
Ooc — Blake
Katora could smell the two males before she could hear the argument.  As she closed in on their position, however, the true nature of what they discussed became clear.  To her ears, it sounded like posturing, plain and simple.  It made her chuckle to herself.  It wasn't that women didn't posture but feminine posturing was a different animal all together from male posturing.  

As she continued to near them she decided to eavesdrop for a time.  It seemed like they weren't fighting, per say, merely attempting to get to know each other in a way that showed they were not about to back down.  

"Fine day for a walk gentlemen?" Katora called, from a distance.  "I am Katora."
59 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
"You are a narcissistic​ asshole." He snapped back, stopping. "Get yer head outta your asshole and maybe someone won't be repulsed by you." Leen was about to take the steps to fuck off himself when a voice called out. He turned his head, craning to see the figure that had obviously been following them.

"Aye. 'twould be better if there wasn't this shit storm tramping around." He didn't care for insulting the silvered male. Leen, in his defense, had been all the polite gentleman and had only gotten pushback so he decided to give back what he was given. He didn't have time to lug this aggy dudes shit about. He flashed the woman a grin, still craning his head.
61 Posts
Ooc — Espero
The males words echoed within the vastness of his body, bouncing off the walls and then hitting others. Minori, he was sure those same words were yelled at him before sometime by her. He didn't see it at the time but looking back, he could recognize the foul doings he brought upon her. His words, actions. Both stung her like a thousand wasps, he should've gone easy but the stubborn headed bull was often too blind to see the damage he left in his wake. Even now he still couldn't grasp the full picture. 

However he wasn't going to apologize to that accented creature, if anyone deserved an apology it was Higoro, or so he thought. Then of course another came along, a female, who greeted herself as Katora. His ears perked up, the name. It sounded similar to ones of his homeland. Nostalgia and mouring swept up his emotions, and he turned to her, ignoring all of what the other male said. "You, Katora, are you from my homeland?" He asked, eager to find out. "The beautiful land of Japan, was that your birthplace?" He stepped closer, moderate distance still between them. Higoro would celebrate if she was of his homeland, perhaps she knew of his clan.
No honour among thieves 
20 Posts
Ooc — Blake
Katora heard the grey male's response.  "Perhaps you two got off on the wrong foot?"  She smiled, trying to be soothing without being insulting.  "Far be it from me to tell you both what to do, but maybe we could try again?"

Just then, the black male interjected.  Was she from Japan?  Katora put her ears half way forward and half way back.  She was sheepish.  She didn't want to disappoint this man, who was so eager to hear where she was from.  Katora hated to disappoint anyone, let alone one of these two, both of whom seemed like good sorts.  "I am sorry, sir.  I am from the north.  Many of my family had names like mine though and it was said that we had traveled to the land in the north across a frozen bridge many generations ago.  Perhaps we did come from your Japan, but not in my lifetime."  

She hoped this would not make him hate her, not that she needed everyone to love her, far from it, but she did not want to alienate a potential new companion over something she could not help.
59 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Leen was about to roll his eyes at the demands of the Japanese hailing wolf but stopped himself. He stopped himself because he still had the decency and knew what it was like to feel homesick.
Whilst never staying in one place for too long, there were placed he certainly would've liked to stay.
He almost wished he did now.

He looked now to Higoro, watching the expression that befell his face. Being denied a piece of somewhere you loved certainly would hurt. Not to mention pissing off the already mad dog. Whilst not being a fighter, Leen could often stop a fight with his way of words. Not to mention running like fuck if he needed to draw attention away from the primary target.
61 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Higoro softly nodded his head, all excitment and joy leaving with a moments notice. He did not blame her, one does not chose their birth land. He had inoy hoped she was of his own, but hoping only got so far. "I see, well, nevermind then." His mind quieted, and his body stood still. He looked to both of them, uncertainty in his eyes. What was he to do from there? The male didn't like him all that much, Higoro shared those feeling towards him and the new female was not what he thought her to be; so what now? Higoro guessed he'd keep walking, curious to see if they'd follow or strike up a conversation of their own. 

Last post for him unless either of you want to follow him. Up for anything!
No honour among thieves 
20 Posts
Ooc — Blake
OOC:  I'd like to continue.  This has been a fun thread. If ya'll are up for it.  

IC:  Katora felt awful she had let the man down as she had.  She had just happened upon the two men but she still felt compassionate to their predicament.  After a glance at the other male and a nod to have him follow if he wanted, she chased after the other.  

"I may not be what you thought but that doesn't mean I'm not what I am."  She paused briefly, puzzling through her own riddle.
59 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Leen waited for a bit longer, wondering if he could talk to this likely more helpful character but she had other ideas.
He rolled his eyes, huffing and following reluctantly like a dog. Dogs always just followed. Stupid animals.
A disgrace to their ancestors, he thought.

Either way, he followed the sway of Katora's hips, mesmerising himself for a lack of something better to do. 
"I don't think he'd be one to care much, Miss." He commented snarkily, his lips twisting into a half-smile. 
61 Posts
Ooc — Espero
To his surprise they followed, first the female (which was no surprise given her attitude) then the male, though Higoro was sure he was no doubt reluctant to follow. The silvery male need that others name, else he wasn't sure what to call him when the other male eventually said another quip. Then, as if he read Higoros mind, there it was, another snarky remark about Higoros attitude. No need to waste his breath snapping back at the pup. Katora on the other hand, she was trying her best to be the peace maker. Unfortunately for her Higoro was full of war, violence and bitterness. She, like many others, too would eventually get tired of the irritable male. 

The females comments about not being what Higoro thought was a tad confusing. Higoro looked back, one eyebrow raised with his eyes beckoning to just give him the answer to her riddle. "I think you've had a stroke, you should see a healer" It was a joke, but his tone was serious, however a small, playful smile was to his lips. He turned his head back straight and pressed on, is ear cupped toward her direction, waiting her reply.

As for the other male? "Oh and boy, what's your name?" Higoro didn't bother with turning his head, just kept his eyes forward.
No honour among thieves 
20 Posts
Ooc — Blake
Katora could not believe the predicament she had put herself in.  She was caught, literally in the middle.  It seemed she was, once again, attempting to fix something she was not even sure how it had broken in the first place.  She shook her head slightly to clear the doubt.  It didn't matter why or what but she was here now and she would make the most of it, whatever that might look like.  

"Regardless," Katora responded to the darker male behind her, "he's still talking and you're still following.  So communication is still happening."  She flashed a smirk at him before covering her teeth again and attempting to don her neutral expression again.  If she was honest, she was very glad the darker male had followed.  She wasn't sure what she'd have done if he hadn't.  

She turned forward again to address the comment from the silvered male.  "Perhaps I did have a stroke," she said both noticing and appreciating his smirk, "perhaps that's what impelled me to follow."  She was joking, attempting to lighten the mood.

She was going to wait til the darker male revealed his name before she asked the silvered male.  She wasn't sure what would happen but it was turning into more and more of an adventure.
59 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He raised a brow, about to make another snarky comment about being called boy. Fuck, Leen was certainly older than Higoro but damn didn't Higoro act like a grumpy hermit. Leen had been shown what life could be like and was glad to have it. To have been released from the furless monsters and stupid dogs.
But the woman turned to flash him a smile and he rolled his eyes, obliging to the request after she'd spoken.
"Teh name's Leen." 

Perhaps he should ask if the hermit had ever met a dog -- he resembled one rather closely in his mind.
61 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Higoro listened to Katori wittingly snap back at Leen, a snicker was earned from the silvery male and new appreciation was found for the female. He waited for her to finish talking and for the other wolve to reveal his name. Leen? Higoro wasn't quite sure what kind of parent names their kid Leen. The silvery male was tempted to ask but he was sure I'd lead to more quips, and more moodiness from the darker male. Although Higoro wasn't one to talk, if anything he'd be the most moody. Like a grouchy teenager in the early morning. Back to Katori, he had a small smile present as she continued his humor, which was also appreciated. Higoro was starting to like the female, she was smart and wasn't afraid to dish out what she felt. Higoro looked back at the female a made his eyes lightly widen, pretending to be shocked. "Well then, I must say you've made a fatal mistake. I can see half your face falling, melting like snow in the sun." He was trying to scare her, but he had a feeling his attempts would fall short.

Also, on second thought, he was gonna ask why the name Leen. It was just too bafflling for Higoro to understand why his name was Leen. As a pup did he lean a lot? Was his parents leaning? "What kind of name is Leen? Explain what forces decided that name was appropriate for you."
No honour among thieves 
20 Posts
Ooc — Blake
"I like the name Leen," Katora contemplated the new comments they made to each other.  Leen seemed far more like the calculating type.  That was very interesting.  "Where have you come from?"

Katora blinked a few times at the silvered male's comment.  Her face falling?  Perhaps he was trying to get a rise out of her?  It didn't carry the same sting as his previous conversation.  She took heart in this.

"Fatal mistake perhaps, but melting snow has many metaphors attached to it. Restlessness, changes with time, maybe a jab at someones dignity."  Katora trailed off.  "What is your name word weaver?" She asked so she'd have a name for him in her head.
59 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
You can skip Leen until next Saturday if you two want to spree or anything

He pulled a face, contorted half in disgust and half in a whole lotta what in the...
What kind of flirting was that? Telling a lady her face was melting...ah well he didn't have a mate to speak of nor did he have the energy to complain about the attempts.

He often got this and had thought about why his name was Leen. Name's a name, right?
"Why call a tree a tree? A rock a rock? It's just letters put together to recognize an object, doesn't have to mean something." He pulled his smug face incase Higoro decided to look back to give him a look. "I come originally from the south but spent most of my life here and there up north." He sniffed, thinking for a moment. Then listened to her reply to Higoro. Oh boy, he wanted to see how good this was.
61 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Late, short, my apologies

"Higoro, Higoro Nakamura." he stated plainly, whatever nickname she came up with was no doubt going to be interesting. Then of course Leen would have something to include, even if it wasn't useful or even clever. Higoro tried guessing what Leen would say and what nickname would be used. He guessed Leen would criticize his name, and as for a nickname, Hig was the leading horse in the race.. so far.
No honour among thieves 
59 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Closing up because of inactivity!
Leen snorted at the name. He said it so grandly like it was something to be proud of.
You should be proud if he'd achieved something like being nice. Or maybe that was it. 
He was proud of being the worlds biggest dick.

Leen chuckled softly to himself, shaking his head. "Dumb name, sucker." 
He sprang away like a fawn, easily passing the trees and away from Higoro. He was sure the woman would keep him entertained anyway. Vaguely, he could hear a shout of some curse. maybe it was his imagination. Oh well, he'd not see him again.