Arrow Lake laughter for years untold
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Pack Activity 
PACK HUNT! since ingy is such a softy (and now has serious dad-anxiety), you guys are going to have the high honor of chasing the least dangerous quarry possible. RABBITS!!
@Stigmata @Mahler @Ketzia @Takiyok @Aurëwen @Blodreina @Kazimir @Sadiq

ingram had wrestled all of yesterday with his appointed task, his teeth set on edge by the responsibility. he thought of his last hunt, where kazimir had lead -- it had been no small feat, and he felt an overwhelming sense of panic when he thought of the moose's thundering rage. there were too many mothers here, too many puppies that needed their family (he thought of praimfaya and instantly a sense of withering fear crippled him) -- he would not ever be able to live with himself if he lead a hunt that resulted in a packmate's loss of life.

so, ingram came to the only conclusion his little brain was possible of scheming: they would hunt something that wouldn't bite back. at first he thought of fish - they were by a lake, and fishing was fun -- but then his insides coiled in cold terror as he thought of a sodden puppy floating face down, lifelessly still as it drifted through the shallows: oh god, his gut clenched -- nope, definitely not fishing.

then he thought of possibly chasing geese or duck; there were plenty of them.. but again, the possibility of a puppy venturing too close to the water.. ducks and geese were out too.

what about marmots? ingram paused and considered - they were usually fairly easy, and they might bite but it was nothing like the sting of a hoof to your brain.. he thought marmots would be splendid, up until he remembered they preferred hiding in rocky steppes. someone could totally trip and fall and break their neck... so... marmots were out, too.

which lead him to the most innocuous prey animal of all: rabbits. there was a warren not so far from blodreina's den, tucked right into a gently sloping knoll. he would have to keep puppies away from any fallen logs (snakes and splinters, you see) but he could see minimal casualties from hunting rabbits.

throwing back his head, ingram called for all of diaspora as he stood along the pine-studded ridge; it was grassy here, and there was the scent of hare heavy on the trail.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
181 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The not-so-new faces of their more recent recruits were still new to the honeyed woman, and so while she did not recognize Ingram’s voice to his face, she was familiar with the younger wolf’s capabilities within their ranks and his use thus far. She witnessed things from behind the sidelines, and as she came to view from her pack mate’s beckoning, it perhaps became more obvious as to why—the swell of her sides could not be hidden any longer, and it became quite obvious the life that stirred within her. She held no shame in bearing youth for their General—but she was concerned how her pack mates would look upon it, and yet more mouths to feed.

And thus, a hunt was exactly what she needed, she held no doubt. Emerald eyes lingered over the ebony wolf, feeling a pang at the loss of those who had originally ran with Diaspora and were now gone—primarily Thorn.
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
The call for the hunt reached her ears. She didn't know what she should do but figured making an appearance was something that was nescessary. So she stood up on three limbs, holding her bad one off the ground and limped toward the call. She was disappointed to see that the prey of choice was rabbit, both because she thought it cowardly and stupid and because she wouldn't be able to hunt such quick creatures with three legs. "I'm afraid I won't be much help" she said sounding slightly annoyed by this fact, though not directing the tone at either Diasporian.
453 Posts
Ooc —
There was no Aurewën ushering him along to heed the call this time; she was elsewhere, perhaps with Isilmë. Dragomir was on his own, trekking across a lower ridge where the mountainside was pockmarked with shallow caves, when Ingram's howl reached him. From within the belly of the earth, it sounded like an otherworldly roar that made Dragomir's hair stand on end. He vacated the cavern at a frantic scramble, only to giggle nervously to himself when the roar ended up tapering off into a simple summoning howl.

By now, the young boy knew what was expected of him when someone howled, so he did his very best to arrive promptly. It actually took him quite a while to figure out that Ingram's howl came from above, so he was a lot slower than he would have liked. Thankfully, it seemed like everyone else was too, for when he arrived there were only three wolves present: Kazimir and two wolves he hadn't formally met. The black wolf he had seen in passing, but the blonde one was completely new to him. So, like he imagined any good Diasporan wolf would greet a newcomer, Dragomir beamed at her and said in a boyish mimicry of his mother's soft tone (and in strictly common for once), Welcomes to Die Spora I'm Drago!

And then he turned his gaze expectantly to Ingram, who got an equally quiet hi! It never once occurred to him that a pack hunt wasn't exactly a welcome place for an unsupervised two-month-old.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
new round cos i can <3

ingram fretted about his choice as the wolves trickled in; he could see no disdain in the emerald flash of ketzia's riveting gaze, for the blond would was unreadable as always... but he could see disapproval in kazimir's fiery eyes, which spoke clearly that perhaps his choice in a meal was, well, pathetic.

maybe so, but no one would die on ingram's watch, ingram was sure of it. he was just about to offer some sort of harebrained excuse when, eeeeek, there came the romping form of aurewen's darling boy. his ears flipped forward and he looked about them expectantly for aurewen, but the argent did not come.

ingram had paternal instincts in spades, and he gave the boy a warm smile as he did his duty as a diasporan and 'greeted' ketzia. the dark cub's bright but quiet 'hi!' earned him a reassuring smile and an equally hushed "hi," back, as if the two of them were compatriots in some secretive game. glancing to kazimir, ingram new what use they would have of her now -- "would you like to hunt with us, dragomir?" help or hindrance, it would be a learning experience for the cub... and best of all, it was safe. ingram's tail wagged as he motioned for the boy to stand besides kazimir; they could block exits or perhaps, sit and guard any warren holes -- while he and ketzia did the flushing.
i'm gonna hold a pen
453 Posts
Ooc —
Assuming no post order, please lmk if we're following one and I'll repost on my actual turn.

Unlike the last hunt, there was no Vonn to shepherd Dragomir to a safe place on a hill. No Aurewën to gently reprimand him for being where he ought not be. There was little danger in rabbits, indeed, but she might make a breathy insistence that they still had teeth and claws that could scratch a puppy's tender skin if she was present. She was a protective mother, after all. But there was only these three gathered adults. His being there with them was validated the moment Ingram smiled at him.

Yeah! he exclaimed, having by now assumed this would be a grand show like the last hunt. He still did not comprehend the dangers. He still did not understand that Kazimir had been wounded by the very prey the wolves sought to take down; to him it had been a spectacle for the ages and had cemented his desire to be a great hunter with the pack. To be invited to join them now was a humongous honour to Dragomir.

Who, let's be honest, was going to be no help whatsoever considering he lacked both the coordination and the jaw power to do any lasting harm to any prey larger than a mouse. But he didn't need to know that.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
It took her some time to answer the call, but once @Sadiq had come to watch over the pups, she set out. It had been a while since she was able to hunt, and she was looking forward to helping the pack take something down.

When she arrived to find the gathered members discussing rabbits, she couldnt help but be a little disappointed. But, she was here and in need of a good run, so she would stick around and help.

She studied the warren, gaze flicking briefly to Ketzia's swollen abdomen before resting back on their intended prey. She certainly had no claim over Stigmata, nor did she want one, but she couldnt help but feel a little disrespected that he would impregnate another female in the same pack. At first, she wasn't sure how she felt about it, but the more time passed, the more irritated she became with the situation. 

But, now was not the time for distractions. She looked to the hunt leader, awaiting his instruction.
Inuttuk
Common

567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
gonna post another round, feel free to hop in whenever.. i figure one more round after this, so everyone can have it count towards trades if they'd like! <3

ingram's gaze lifted from the inkblot cub, drawn to the arrival of takiyok. he gave dragomir a reassuring smile, nudged his head towards the dimpled hole in the ground where kazimir stood, and then rose. he missed the sly glance to ketzia's belly, and the disgruntled thoughts of takiyok of course went entirely over ingram's stupid head.

beaming at the small assembly, ingram spoke. "well... let's get to it." he scurried back towards the largest hole he had seen, and begun to dig heftily. shrouds of dust and dirt rose behind each of his sweeping strides, and at length he managed to widen the mouth of the warren enough for his frame to rest against the walls.

here, the scent of rabbit was heady and lush; he could hear them skittering down their dirt-ridden halls, no doubt fleeing towards the tunnel where kazimir and dragomir hopefully stood.
i'm gonna hold a pen
453 Posts
Ooc —
Dragomir headed for Kazimir, positively bouncing on his feet as he went. He couldn't believe he was being allowed to help! It was admittedly a little boring at first; Kazimir's mood so far wasn't great, courtesy of her injured leg, so Dragomir stood next to her feeling a little awkward and out of place. Normally he was chatty and would have asked a million questions, but it felt a little wrong to do so when she seemed kind of down in the dumps, so he kept his lips clamped shut. It took an immense effort.

Luckily, Ingram's excavation was quick and effective. Dragomir could hear the rabbits, too, although he didn't know what to expect from the scratching of their paws as they barreled through the warren for the other exits. Had he ever seen a rabbit before? Perhaps, but he couldn't recall. He assumed rabbits were like mice and readied himself to catch one on its way out.

Unfortunately, wild rabbits were very unlike mice both in size and temperament. The first one to vacate the warren wasn't all that much smaller than Dragomir himself, certainly much larger than any mouse he had ever seen. Woah! screeched Dragomir as he was bowled over by the fleeing rabbit, who left a pair of shallow scratches from long hind legs on the pup's side that he barely even felt in his excitement. He was quick to find his feet again and tear after it, but he didn't go far before stopping. That thing was way too big for him to catch on his own, and way too fast!

Lucky for him that there were adult wolves present to do the catching for him.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
once the tunnel had been excavated enough for ingram to weasel in, he set to work. he could hear the rabbits panicking- they scurried down unseen halls, on long swift feet. overhead he heard the muffled woah! of dragomir, and distantly could hear the rapid footsteps of adults as they dispatched any hares that surfaced.

ingram's eyes had yet to adjust to the dark tunnel, but in the darkness a rabbit fled towards him -- with a thud he pulled from the hole, a screaming hare held tight in his jaws. it kicked and shrieked and made a godawful noise as he shook it roughly, flinging it towards kazimir so she might finish the job.

then, he set back to work -- digging roughly and collapsing any tunnels he could -- until at last he heard very little underground, and those that had surfaced had been collected in a pile near the entrance, their eyes and little feet stilled forever at the hands of worthy diasporans.
i'm gonna hold a pen
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She watched Ingram widen the main warren and glanced to where Kazimir and Dragomir stood waiting near one of the tunnels. She remained back a little, deciding that she would catch any that managed to escape.

Soon, she was offered enough escapees to keep her plenty busy, and she lunged and chased, catching hare after hare and ending their fight with swift bites from her powerful jaws. The screaming rabbit briefly pulled her gaze from the ground around her, and she watched as Ingram tossed the creature to Kazimir. Her attention returned to the few stragglers that remained, and once they were dealt with, she placed them in her pile, panting with exhilaration regardless of the sour mood she had been in at the start of the hunt.
Inuttuk
Common

181 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She remained silent, the glances of her pack mates not lost on the woman. Her lips curled in a fond smile to the boy as he welcomed her to the pack—the innocence of his youth entirely endearing to the pale sylph in that moment.

The fact they hunted rabbits did not bother her in the least. The challenge of the flighty creatures was something that took her focus from the judgement that fell upon her, and the woman did her best to grin and bear it, for now.