Northstar Vale my body's aching, but i can't sleep
10 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Backdated to yesterday -- for @Kazimir. (And anyone else who wants to jump in?) Still sporting superficial wounds on various parts of body from scuffles at Nova Peak, Elysium.

Finally, blood has been spilled. Hers, yes—but moreso that of the dogs, those that had fallen within the willows. She had reveled in the carnage, yet she knew full well that it only satisfied a small portion of the rage she still feels. They had taken her son from her well before his time. She will never know peace, not until they all die.

Tupkuk travels into the mountains, much more to her liking than lower ground. The air is clearer here; she feels her head clear along with it, taking long, loving inhales of the cool breeze. Up she goes, further and further, until she reaches the point where she can go no farther and begins to descend into an alpine valley, awesome in its beauty.

There are wolves nearby, though not living here. They do, however, frequent this place often enough for it to be a worthwhile stop. Probably due to the ungulates that call this place home; there is good hunting to be had in the vale. She bends to drink from a stream, and then submerges herself altogether, watching the blood from conflicts of the past few days billow out, a crimson cloud around her.

Water drips from her massive jaw; her dark eyes sweep the perimeter, looking for. . .what, she wonders? Her next victim, perhaps, for she is not ready for a respite quite yet.
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
@Ingram if you'd like?  Everyone else I can remember is tagged through rp.

@Mahler had warned her to go easy. She hadn't listened, she wouldn't. She had already fallen beneath the rank she so badly wanted to claim and she refused to let herself sink any lower. So with three legs she patrolled the borders coming to a halt when she smelled the bear. She h0wled for @Stigmata and @Sadiq. Then she sent up a call for anyone in the surrounding area that would lend their aid. The bear was too close and she saw @Takiyok and her children, Aure and little @Dragomir and Isilme laying slaughtered. She shivered with horror and before she could stop herself she rushed out of the borders, placing her bad leg down and hurrying toward the stream. She thought she hid well enough to hide herself from the bears view and h0wled again, waiting in complete silence before dropping to her belly and trying to quickly dash to a different spot.
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
are u trying to give m'boi a heart attack?? ;p

well, that was a howl ingram could have gone his entire life without hearing.. but the vision he saw hulked by the riverside was an image he all together definitely could have gone without ever seeing. gulping back the terror that started to pick apart at his courage, ingram hunkered down next to kazimir and stared wide-eyed at the bear.

a year ago, a bear had saw fit to end his life. a year ago, ingram had somehow survived. his skin crawled as he looked at the golden-furred nemesis, water dripping lazily from her terrifying jowls. "fuck," ingram muttered, concealed by a sheath of tall ferns. he did not want anything to do with this... but the idea of his mate or praimfaya or the rest of diaspora being hurt by the beast was the only thing that stayed his blood from running.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
10 Posts
Ooc —
Oh, there they are.

The howl goes up and her mouth twists in what could be described as a smile, were there any warmth behind it. She rises from the water, a hulking, sodden mass of dark fur, head swiveling in search for the dogs. Her nostrils flare as she tries to sniff them out; it is difficult, with all the sights and smells around them.

Tupkuk lumbers, slowly, sure-footed, toward where the howls echo out. The ground trembles beneath her paws. The scents grow stronger, and she grows more confident as she realizes she is on the right track. Will they try and fight her, or will they run?

The latter is the safest option, but she knows the foolishness of wolves. They have existed too long with the notion that they are the apex predators, that they reign supreme. Stupid dogs.
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
To say she wasn't scared was a blatant lie. If she'd had good use of all four of her legs then she'd have rushed the bear immediately. She only had three and one semi useless, painful limb that made walking hell. She was only slightly relieved when Ingram showed up and she remained silent, staring at the lumbering beast and hoping it would leave. Instead I began to come closer and she growled softly "Shit..we can't let it get any closer" her voice shook and she turned to look at him, her pupils widening with fear "For the children, yeah?" she asked him. She couldn't wait for an answer, not when every moment brought the bear closer to the pack. She limped out and rushed the bear, getting a few feet away from it and snarling to grab its attention. Then she backed away, she backed away from Ingram and in the opposite direction of Diaspora. "C'mere you disgusting mountain of fur! Don't I look tasty?" she taunted and lunged, feigning a bite just to egg the beast on. She hoped it would turn around, follow her and stop going for her home.
61 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in!!!

The howl was faint, yet the warning it carried was alarmingly clear. Sadiq was no where near Kazimir when her call rang through, and yet with all the effort he could afford he rushed toward her. Ingram’s scent quickly mingled with that of Kazimir and the bear.

Happening upon the scene as it unfolded, Kazimir once again playing bait for the pack. Anger settled deep in his chest, shouldn’t she be resting? There was no way she could outrun a bear at full speed, not with the injuries she had sustained during the last hunt.

A fierce growl drew forth from Sadiq snout. His natal pack had protected against a few bears during his life, although not with this few packmates to help. Slowing his desperate sprint, the northern man took a moment to decide where he could best help the situation. Coming along the side of the laboring beast, Sadiq rushed its side, looking to catch his pound of flesh while they were distracted by Kazimir.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
OOOF SO sorry for holding this up, next time SMACK me -- tupkuk, you can PP hitting ingram as long as it is not a killing blow (plz i like him)

ingram felt terror in his veins as the beast took notice of them, thanks in part to kazimir's howl. it came back in a torrent; his mauling, his suffering, his pain. he fumbled, gasping as kazimir boldly limped ahead.

to what end? she would be killed, surely -- ingram's ears fell flat and a panic seized him. as she worried and harried the bear he willed himself into motion but his limbs only quaked instead of moved.. it was not until he saw a flash of white (sadiq) streak past that ingram came to his senses and stumbled forward, circling the bear for any opening. while she was preoccupied with his packmate, ingram attempted to nip for a front limb - a bold and possibly dumb move, but he really could not see how else to prevent kazimir from being raked by a dozen furious claws otherwise.
i'm gonna hold a pen
10 Posts
Ooc —
They appear; the jig is up. Tupkuk roars in their direction, spittle flying madly from her jaws. The big girl reminds her of the loud-mouthed one back in the willows, so, naturally, she is the prime target. The mother bear lumbers toward her, although she is quickly flanked by two others. She has to give them credit—they are more tenacious than she would have imagined.

But she is large and in charge, and in a very short period of time, she moves to shoulder-check @Ingram and then lunges at @Kazimir, heedless of @Sadiq worrying her flanks. One of the woman's forelegs is moving more awkwardly than the rest, which intrigues her.

Tupkuk seizes the limb in question between her jaws, just below the shoulder, and bites down hard, feeling the bone crack, tasting blood and marrow on her tongue. With a couple of mighty tugs, she then rips the leg away and rears, shaking it like a dog with a chew toy.
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
Looking back on it she'd probably chuckle and think it funny in a dark way. The fact that she threw herself at a bear to protect the pack so enthusiastically. In the moment it seemed heroic, she was sure of this deed and not aware at all how foolish she was. Then the bear had its jaws and the next few seconds blurred into an instant where she was warped from hero to a terrified, horrified and ashamed victim of ego. Her limb was gone, no pain and then she dropped hitting the ground and laying there in the way of danger. Her eyes rolled up to watch Sadiq and Ingram and she was hit with a heavy and dull sense of shame. How dare she force their choice by running out into danger injured? What if they died?  "I'm sorry..." she whined and then the realisation of the missing limb struck in a fiery torrent of pain. She screamed, the sound filled with terror, agony, and raw unfiltered anger. She rolled from beneath the bear's form and stood awkwardly, stumbling away "Leave it! Stay out of her range until she gets bored! Don't risk yourselves too" she shouted as her blood poured from her empty socket going silent as she flopped to the ground unconscious.
61 Posts
Ooc — Keg

@Tupkuk feel free to PP some king of injury on this boy, as long as he don’t die I’m down for anything :P

The sickening crunch of his packmates limb provoked an anger deep within Sadiq. A fierce growl rumbling at the back of his throat, to focused on the task at hand he didn’t bother trying to decipher what she had said, or the commands that fell so easy from her tongue. Instead he put himself between the severely injured woman and the grizzly.

Taking Kazimir’s example he tried to distract the bear, and drag it away from the path of the territory. Sparing Ingram a brief glance, Sadiq wasn’t sure what he might do or say. Sadiq had seen him freeze, the fright lingering in his eyes. Suddenly Kazimir was limp, and the large man wondered if perhaps she might be dead.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ok, there’s a lot of things one can go a long time in life preferring never to see. things like nasties crawling on your ceiling when you’re in bed, your dad naked, and i’d definitely add a limb being severed from the body as “file under things i’d rather not”.

ingram didn’t really get that choice; he was chucked aside by the beast’s impressive check, and wheeled around in time to see kazimir’s leg fully disunite with her body. he wished he had never heard that sickening crunch, that catastrophic and gut-clenching “rrrrip!” — but he had no choice, and saw it all through unblinking eyes. ingram blanched, forgetting the bear in that moment as blood splurted dark and visceral from his packmate.

yup, that’s going right in the vault too. ingram stumbled as if blind, his mind unthinking — he grabbed kazimir by her scruff and begun to haul her away (or attempt to, anyway). in that moment all he thought was escape, escape — and hoped against hope the woman bleeding profusely on the ground would make it, god willing or otherwise.
i'm gonna hold a pen