Sunspire Mountains i hope your dreams dry like raisins in the baking sun
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
set for today, terance has been on the road for a few days. AW (:

his travel had been relatively quiet thus far. and, despite already reliving his entire life in his head every passing second, terance needed to travel to sunspire in order to trapeze the mountains that blocked him from moonspear. there was a tunnel... or a ravine... or something, terance couldn't remember exactly what to call it, but that cut between the peaks, offering him a safe path through. he didn't have to go over or around that way, which was good for time and, of course, safety. he couldn't help anyone if he died falling off a mountain. 

and he was pretty sure arbiter would come find his sorry ass, revive him, and then kill him all over for leaving them. anyway. 

he padded through the pathway, ears alert and nose twitching, but gaze wandering to all the rocks and stones above him. he hoped he'd be to moonspear soon... he was already tired. he tried not to think of the memories here in the mountains as he went, instead thinking of what arbiter and the kids might be doing back home. he guessed jet and pike were going at it. he chuffed at the thought, though it didn't do much as familiar scents wafted through. ugh.
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
As far as living went, each day was an incremental improvement from the one before it. Though her gait still had a hitch to it that came with her new impairment, the quail’d been a woefully lucky, albeit simple catch; the fat of it swung to and fro at her breast, and Aurëwen readjusted her fang’s grip within its neck.

Perhaps, if balaur would tell her of his adventure up here, the Pionier’d line his nests with these feathers for the night.

Have an adventure, Kiomaralis would say, “and return to reap your rewards, my children.” The Altáriel would smile, then, and further teach: “Remember, some of our greatest tales come from the most unlikely of places. Now — what are you waiting for?

Coddling could only be done so much, and the silver wished not to smother them with it; but she was a mother all the same, and remained immune to the frettings that came with it. A pink nose still piqued at her faring son’s scent here— let her children roam as they were wont, they still needed to be watched at such an early age.

A pair of eyes to accompany her in such would be rather welcome; there were several sets to select from, as far as Diaspora went. The Kapitën’s cheerless mauve? Kazimir’s engulfing amber? There was the sea-glass of her wanlinda, and the drachma’s glint of Ingram. The piercing, shivered blues of Takiyok and Sadiq were also choice ...but ones of silvered-sea were what the herbalist longed for the most. Those that cradled the starslight of her still-seeking one.

In time, however, the argent had to settle for eyes of a deep-rooted pine; who belonged to a sturdy, somber-cloaked male, approaching the path that would lead her past him. Aure wasn’t ever one to greet those in passing — unless they were put out by injury — but for this moment she let a muffled chirrup arc between them.

The heavy quail only seemed to further dwarf her wispy figure, but the she-wolf only continued walking; studying stones underpad as she went.
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia

the woman was not by any means alone. behind her, exercising all her stalking skill, came Isi. the girl was growing in fits and spurts, now, and currently, her limbs seemed far too long for her body. the latter would catch up eventually, but she was pleased with the sudden increase in height that accompanied the disproportion. more upsetting was the fact that no matter how fast she grew, she was never able to outpace Drago, or in the least, not for long. 

there ahead was a flash of inky black - and her mother, right beside him. her heart skipped a beat, and she launched herself out of her hiding place, a "hey!" tearing from her lips. but that wasn't dad, and Aure was already moving on, and she was frozen and staring at the both of them.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
the quick chuff was a greeting of passing as terance and his years of social aptness understood it. he returned the acknowledgement with a low chuff of his own, nose twitching as he tried to decipher where on earth this wolf had come from... but to no avail, he did not recognize the scent. even so, terance understood this was a pack wolf, and he did not waste his breathe recruiting. he noted, silently, her scars. it meant nothing to him, honestly, but it was nice to see another wolf littered in them. though terance had come to accept his own appearance, he'd been gawked at once or twice by children... 

speaking of -- he might've moved onwards were it not for the shadow the woman had. a pale, fragile looking thing, but terance thought all children were fragile in their own sense so that didn't say much. he paused as the pup chirped out a delightful greeting, only to realize her mistake. terance wondered if it were his appearance that caught her off guard or... merely a mistake. either way, he pressed on his most friendly face, always happy to interact with a child. well hi, he purled in return, posture low in case the woman mistook his greeting as a threat, what can i help you with? not much, he guessed.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
There wouldn’t be a day that Aurëwen wasn’t grateful for wolves who chose not to gawk, and so the male’s absent assessment of her own hurts was recieved with a lax flicker of ears. As Isilmë had mistaken him for the father, so had the little shieldmaiden’s mother; alas, it wasn’t their beloved warrior. It wasn’t his eyes, and it certainly wasn’t where his scarring would be — on the inked column of throat, and not so much the broad shoulder.

Like dearest Verx, though, this male knelt kindly to her daughter with an even kinder, less wry query. The silver said nothing for a few moments, having warily set her catch down to observe how Isilmë mingled. On her riddled façade were the barest curves of Aure’s own amusement, wondering if her moonlit babe would yell in reply, as she oft did. Then again, perhaps not.
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia
she was feeling very foolish, all of a sudden, and very much hated this drastic change of emotion. the man stopped, and so did her mother, the latter watching the both of them with - amusement. "nothing!" she asserted hotly, feeling very much like she shouldn't have to bear this kind of embarrassment. she looked once to her mother, but then was resolute in keeping her attention on the black male. 

"who you?" pause, considering, and then, "this die'spor. you're not allowed." she told him sternly, having not quite grasped the concept of borders yet and having decided that they were still within them and therefore, she ought to announce them as she'd seen momma do.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
the words she spoke were not only their native tongue... and terance did not understand. he stared briefly at the comment, mildly confused, but quickly the pup moved on. he glanced to the adult at the second comment, waiting for a tell tale sign that he was trespassing... but it probably wouldn't come. so terance merely sat down. 

no, he corrected gently, this is the sunspire. i used to live here. he watched the pup curiously, and though he didn't understand her second phrase he felt a territorial vibe to the pup. she was certainly mouthy -- reminding him of his children... though it was a bit of a stinging reminder. he hoped the were okay. my name is terance, he said, glancing between the two wolves, i lead the pack that resides in lost creek hollow. he expected an introduction in return.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
She observed how her daughter bit the words out at him; something she was about to remedy when the male did so himself. He corrected the creamed girl of her error — they were definitely not within Diaspora’s claim at this moment. Aure listened with interest, though, and withheld the information of her own rank. Better to be wary, patient.

”Lost Creek? I’ve not had ze pleasure of visiting its lands,” she enquired, hastily following with, “I believe I met one of yours, moons ago — Gannet was ze name. ...Unless my memory is failing me, and Gannet belonged to Swiftcurrent.” An apologetic smile wavered on scarred lips, but the Pionier drew up alongside her babe all the same.

“I am Aurëwen, and this is my Isilmë,” she trilled, argent eyes softened as she nudged at the girl. “We are of Diaspora”No, not really “just beyond ze Falls.”
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia
her mother and the man seem to be conversing, at which she is slightly relieved. she doesn't much like being the center of attention, especially when it's not her choice to be such. at his explanation, however, she softened and offered an "oh," following up with an echo of his own words, which to her sounded very good and proper and so must be right way to greet a stranger. "my name ee-si" she could pronounce the entirety of her name yet, in truth. "lead - I lead - lead pack Die'spor." she finishes, quite proud of her replication and grinning at the stranger to show it.