Stone Circle I'm coming home, to the place where I belong
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All Welcome 
Please allow @Valette to reply first, then anyone can jump in.

Also, I'M SO HAPPY TO BE BACK!!

The sun had already set, and the moon, being at waxing crescent, offered little light. But, Steph didn't need light to lead her home. She knew where it was. Her jet black coat blended in nicely with the night, but her green eyes shone brightly as she came to a stop at the borders of Easthollow. She breathed in deeply, taking in all the scents that had been only in her dreams for months. Now, they were real. She was happy to realize that most of the scents were familiar. Mom was still here. And, thankfully, Greyback was, too. Steph, in the back of her mind, had feared he would leave Valette, like the others had. 

Her gaze scanned the trees before her as she took in the sight of her home. She had missed this place for so long, and she needed just a moment to make sure it was all really real. Her tail swayed side to side at her hocks. Yes, this was finally more than just in her head. It was before her. So close, she could touch it. 

Well, not yet, technically. While she wanted to run right in and she had every confidence her mother would allow her back in, she didn't want to waltz in with the scent of a lone wolf, and have someone she didn't know attack her. That wouldn't set a good first impression at all, on her part. 

So, she lifted her head back and called for Valette and the rest of her family. As her voice faded into the night, she stayed standing, dancing in place as her excitement boiled over. It had been months since she seen Valette, and waiting another few minutes seemed like forever. She let out several happy barks, knowing her mother would understand that Steph was excited to see her.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was tending to her children when the howl reached her. She instantly would recognize her daughter's voice amongst the many she heard. The female got up and climbed out of the den. She was excited to see Steph. For her children, it was probably getting normal that she was called away by a howl. She always made sure that there was someone to watch them. Still, they were getting to an age that she would allow them to follow her.

Valette rushed to the border and whined excitedly when she heard Steph's excited barks. "Steph!!" she called out excitedly and instantly went to greet her daughter. Valette looked probably a bit worse than when Steph left but taking care of four children was not the easiest job, she usually looked like this when having children. Just the working mom life that took its toll on her body. Still, the female knew that her body would recover. "My baby! You are back!" Most of her children were returning! She was so excited. She licked her daughter's face, giving her lots of kisses.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She didn't have to wait long at all before her mother's form came into view. She could tell Valette was just as excited as she was, and Steph's body flew into an uncontrolled wiggle as she finally got to touch her muzzle to Valette's. Licks and kisses were exchange, and Steph whined in happiness to be greeted in such a way. It was always nice to know her mother had missed her as much as Steph had missed Valette.

I am! She confirmed quickly. She calmed down enough to really take in the scents on Valette's fur. She had known that she would be getting younger siblings, and by the looks of things, they were here! She had thought about them, and the rest of her family, often on her travels. How is everyone? she asked happily as her tail continued to wag. She surely wanted to meet the newest additions soon, but she also understood that in the early night probably wasn't the best time.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette's tail was wagging quickly. "I'm so glad you returned," she grinned and let Steph give her all the kisses as well. "Come, you must meet your new siblings," Valette grinned and turned to the border. It was no question that Steph would be allowed in their ranks. She always was welcome. "And you must tell me about your travels,' she smiled. If she was honest, Steph looked a little thinner but living as a lone wolf was not easy.

"We are actually quite full at the moment," she smiled. "But there is always a place for you. However many new faces for you. Including your grandfather, Kove," she spoke. There were more new family members that joined but she didn't want to overload Steph. Valette walked into the territory, howling to the pack that Steph had returned home and to come see her.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
While Steph had assumed it wasn't a good time to meet the pups, Valette was thinking the complete opposite. Who was Steph to argue? Valette was the mother of said pups, afterall, and if Steph didn't have to wait to meet them, then she didn't want to. Her tail wagged as she fell in step, shoulder to shoulder with her mother. She nodded, I promise to tell you all about them, she responded. But, she figured they would have time for that a little later. 

She was happy to hear that the pack was full, though she took a moment to realize that if it was so full, Valette should be looking a little more plump, seeing as how the pack should be hunting for her. Is the hunting still good? she asked, hoping the answer was yes. It wouldn't be good to have a full pack with no way to feed them. And what little food there was should be going to the Alpha first. 

Her eyes shifted to Valetted at the mention of a new blood relative. I have a grandfather? Steph couldn't recall Valette ever mentioning him before, but maybe she had just forgotten. Male figures had never ranked high on Steph's list due to past experiences, and she didn't hold out any hope that this one would be any different. Her own father, Ezekiel, had left just when she was ready to get to know him, she felt her Uncle Xan didn't like her and therefore she didn't like him, and Stark had left her mother and the pack. The only male that Steph held in any regard whatsoever was Greyback. And that was because he still seemed to be here. Am I going to like Kove? she asked softly, but bluntly. Valette had always been honest with her oldest child, and Steph didn't expect any less now. She could handle the truth.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was pleased to hear that. She did want to know what Steph went through on her travels and what she learned from them. She did seem to be more confident which Valette liked to see in her daughter. "Good, because I want to hear about them," she stated to the female. "Hunting is good," she spoke with a nod. "However, we didn't have a bison hunt in a while because I am the only one able to lead them and I think some tried but well, they are a tough prey to take down," she explained. They had been living mostly on deer. Which they had enough of.

"The birth was tough this year," she admitted and then looked away. Should she tell Steph? It had been common knowledge that she had lost two and she didn't want Steph to feel left out. However, this was the first time she even mentioned them ever since it happened. "I lost two," her voice cracked. "Luckily we still have Newt, Leta, West, and Clay," she tried to sound cheerful. "It was just... a lot to recover from." Valette never had a litter this big so it was natural that it took its toll on her body. Then she did smile a bit. "Plus I don't think I could eat enough to have an overflow of milk with three hungry boys that are going to rival their father in size," she admitted. She did have more than enough with her last litter but then she only had three but Arlette was little and Keen was not so keen on eating that much.

"Yes, you have. But when I was little I was separated from him. For a long time, I was so mad at him. Mad for leaving. Mad at him hurting my mother. Arlette found him and brought him to me. He seemed changed. A different emotion hanging around him. He apologized and so different than I remember. Perhaps not seeing him for so long I made more of a demon out of him than he actually was. And oh, little Arlette was so happy. I decided to give him another chance," she explained with a nod. "So, I'd say, how he is now, you will like him. How he was in the past, you wouldn't. But since we are in the present I'd hope you will treat him how he is behaving now not what he did in the past. I forgave him for it. We all make mistakes."
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph made a mental note to make some time with her mother once she was settled. She was so excited to be back and wanted to get straight into the swing of things. It seemed the pack was depending mostly on deer meat, which wasn't bad, but wolves needed a variety. I'd be happy to lead a bison hunt, she offered. She knew her history with the bison wasn't the best, but she had also watched her mother hunt, and was confident that she could at least give it go, especially if no one else was willing. 

Steph felt when something shifted about her mother. Her ears folded in concern when Valette mentioned the birthing hadn't gone as well as the others. Steph was quiet, waiting to see if Valette would speak more of it. Steph was quick to offer her mother a comforting nudge, I'm so sorry, she said softly. She couldn't imagine losing two babies, and she felt awful for not being here to help out. 

Steph doubted that Valette could have enough meat with the four remaining pups to feed. Maybe she was trying to make her daughter feel better about things, Steph didn't know. But, she didn't feel better. I'll make sure you are well taken care of now, she promised. Steph would make it her personal mission to see that the pack lived to support their Alpha, as she felt it should have been all along. 

She listened as Valette told her about her grandfather, and Steph wasn't quite sure how to feel about it. This male had done Valette wrong in the past, but if Valette could forgive him, Steph figured she could at least get to know him. She nodded, agreeing that they all make mistakes. Steph would not go out of her way to punish Kove for something he did long ago, and didn't even do to herself. I'll seek him out, get to know him, after I'm settled, she promised. 

She paused in her forward motion, and faced her mother, the Alpha. I know that I left before I could really get into the Beta position, she began. Honestly, I wanted to prove to you and everyone else that I was ready for it, she admitted. But, I wasn't. I didn't know who I was, and I had zero confidence about leading anyone else when I couldn't even lead myself, she explained. In a rare show of equalization, and in an effort to make Valette see she was serious, she met her gaze. But, I am ready now. I want to support you and Greyback and the pups, and this pack, and I want... I want to be your Beta again, she said finally. She didn't outright ask for the position back, but she did at least want to make it clear that it was her goal. She paused to gauge the reaction of Valette.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled at Steph's offer. She had proven herself as a hunter and felt that she was capable of leading a hunt. She had been there all her life watching how they killed the bison. Plus there was a whole different confidence level about her oldest daughter. "I'd like you to lead one," she agreed. She would love to see Steph lead and take over the art of hunting bison.

Valette just nodded solemnly for a moment. It had been very tough. Greyback had adviced her against naming them, so she didn't. But it still felt a bit wrong, but she didn't want to be too attached. Still, she couldn't help it. "Thank you Steph. You are too kind." Valette felt blessed with a daughter like Steph. She almost couldn't imagine that she wasn't Steady's daughter. Or perhaps she was just much like her mother.

Steph would see to Kove, and Valette hoped that Steph would give him a chance. THne the topic switched. Valette glanced at Steph curiously when she started about the Beta position. Valette still liked her daughter being Beta of Easthollow but indeed last time she had been doubting herself too much. "I'm glad you let me know," she spoke. 'However, I do think you should get settled in Easthollow and get to know the new members that are part of our family. Become part of the family. Then perhaps with the next new moon we can see if it would be a good for you to take that step to Associate?," she spoke. Valette decided that she liked that rank name better than Beta, or Keeper.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph nodded, I'll get it on soon, she promised. She would take a few days to settle in, mingle, before she called the pack together. She wasn't sure how they would respond to her waltzing in and leading a pack hunt so soon, but it wasn't something she was concerned about. If anyone else had bothered to, she wouldn't need to now.

Steph didn't know how it felt to lose a child, but her heart broke for her mother. Whether she had the others to concentrate on or not, she knew Valette would not forget those that were lost. She gave her mother a gentle nudge to her muzzle, a silent offer of support.

Steph listened intently as Valette offered her advice, and she nodded with the decision made. I agree with that, she replied. Steph would not bug her mother about it. Instead, she would go on as she would have either way. She knew she had some new family to meet, both young and older, and she could focus on that. 

Let's go meet my baby brothers and sisters! she said excitedly, her tail wagging quickly as she waited for Valette to lead the way. 

New thread for meeting them?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
I think I will just tag the pups now because then the thread date is before Leta's attack and I can keep track of it easier haha

Valette was glad that Steph didn't take it the wrong way. She had not expected her daughter to take it differently as she usually stood behind her decisions. It was good for her to mingle and get to know everyone. The female guided Steph to the alpha den. Valette was pretty sure that she didn't need to announce her presence to @Leta @Newt @West Tyree @Clay as they would probably have heard her already.

"Little ones! Your big sister is back! Come meet her," she called out as she stepped into the clearing. She was pretty sure that they were with Greyback. She was curious about their reactions as Steph looked a lot like their mother.
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
*tumbles in* Welcome back ❤

Usually Newt is the last of the children to appear, but today is a first. At the sound of approaching footfalls, the greyscale pup got to his feet. His suspicions only confirmed when he hears his mother's voice, and Newt exits the den. Large, clumsy paws spreading out in a run with his tail wagging behind him. His ears—much too big for his scrawny body—fold back, and his pink tongue pokes out from between his lips... eager to smother Valette with affection.

It is only moments later when he spots the other—his big sister, mom had said!—and his direction changes. The boy brushes against Valette's leg in a brief greeting before he goes straight for Steph. Of course, he is still getting used to his legs so instead of braking when he should, Newt ends up tripping and falling flat on his face at Steph's paws. A wail of pain soon follows.
━─┄ these jaws of brevity
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

His mother's voice rang loud and clear and trust West, he knew it well enough at this point. But today was a good day! His mother had an excited tone which meant he wasn't in trouble this time! She claimed that his big sister was back, but...wasn't she always here? 

As Newt ran past him, the round boy could only squint as he tried to make out the pelt growing near. That wasn't white? Actually to be honest it looked like he had two moms. Oh no did that mean double the punishment? Hopefully not. He snapped out of his spiraling thoughts as Newt skidded to a halt with his face in the dirt causing the eldest to snicker. Newt seemed to always be tripping, it was kinda sad, but it always looked funny. He would have to ask him later why he couldn't just walk like the rest of his family.

Hoping to his feet, the sunny boy bounded over to meet this "sister" of his wagging practically his whole body with his tail. Yur preddy big for ah sister Most of his siblings seemed small, even Arlette despite her being larger than him...Then again Ira was pretty dang big.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Thank you!! ❤

The first pup appeared from the den, all paws and ears, and a tiny little body. Steph immediately went down to her stomach, her tail thumping the group. The pup went to Valette first, of course, but then headed for herself. But, those big paws were a hindrance, and he went tumbling straight onto his dace. Steph was instantly alarmed at his wailing, but she didn't think he was actually hurt. She couldn't count the times she had done the exact same thing. Her tongue snaked out as she attempted to lick his face, hoping to provide some comfort to him.

She hadn't noticed the other pup until his wiggling body was right next to her. Her tail wagged in response as she turned her attention to him, giggling at his comment. Only for now. With Greyback as your Dad, you will probably be bigger than me one day! Since Ezekiel hadn't been the size of Greyback, it was easy to see this litter being quite a big larger than Steph and her siblings.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled proudly as some of her boys started to sprawl from the den site. The female nosed Newt in greeting before he rushed to Steph. She knew rushing was never good, especially with his cute big paws. He was really going to need to grow into them. It was adorable. The pup soon wailed as he fell. The mother stepped closer and nosed over him to check if he was alright while Steph also gave him a comforting lick.

West was there as well. She looked at both of them. "Well then, tell Steph your names. Give yourself an introduction," she spoke to them. After all, they did know their names by now and Valette was the wolf that would teach them to be friendly and how to introduce themselves. Especially to wolves that were already friends of the pack.
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Newt's cries ease into sniffles as his older sister comforts him. Even Mama checks on him, and it's enough to calm the fear that sparked in the young boy. His ears flatten back, and he tucks closer to Steph, wagging his tail and giving her licks on her chin in return.

I'm okay. Thank you, Newt tries to say, but it sounds definitely puppy-ish and poorly pronounced, especially since he doesn't really stop with the kisses to talk. He glances upside-down at Valette with a grin a second later, as if trying to communicate his appreciation to her, too.

My name is Newt! He says proudly after their mother's prompting. I like stones.
━─┄ these jaws of brevity
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

Steph said he would be bigger than her one day, something he found hard to believe, but she wasn’t the first to say that either. Maybe he too would be a giant walking amongst them!

His mom called out suggesting that they introduce themselves and Newt was quick to do so. Just like his younger sibling, West would puff out his chest, posing before giving his own name. West Tree—Ty—reee... Tyree! he deflated slightly, heat pooling in his ears realizing his reoccurring confusion on mixing his name up with the trees. He had learned lately he had been introducing himself wrong. Why did he have such a long name?! 

I like... food? truth be told he hadn’t really found some sort of hobby or collection like Newt or Leta. He envied them, but he didn’t hold the same interest towards stones or old pelts.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads