Blackfeather Woods please don’t make me wait
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
All Welcome 

There wouldn’t be anymore beating around the bush. It was time to finish this quest that she’d been sent on so that she could get back home and do normal scout things, like talk business over a deer carcass. Dulce laughed at the thought of herself as a diplomat and decided that even after this was all said and done, she’d still be on the move. Nothing like this anymore, okay? she said to herself, not knowing that her player had already planned out her life as a rogue. 

The border of Blackfeather didn’t lie far from where Dulce had met the coal coated stranger. After they’d split, she’d found and followed her scent trail until that of the pack became strong enough on its own. She hadn’t gotten the name of the women she’d spoken to originally (and if she had, she didn’t remember them anyway); without someone in specific to call for, Dulce sounded a general call and waited for someone to answer.
spanish english
hover for translations!
THIS WHOLE WORLD IS ENDING, A NEW ONE BEGINS
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
couldn't help myself but let me you know if you want me to delete it <3

There was a voice that rang through the woods that did not belong to the ones who called this place home. It was foreign and the birds in the tree tops seemed almost startled by the arrival. Or at least some of them did. A few cawed and jumped branches, she followed their movements like a maze. It did not take too long for her to spot a familiar figure. That earthy toned female from the lake. The one she had been so enchanted by in a way she could not describe.

The Merei let out a soft boof as she padded closer. Her posture was neutral but there was an undeniable softness in her silver eyes. What were they doing here?
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
There was a mixture of feelings which flowed through Dulce's body seeing the familiar face appear. The most prominent of these was relief; maybe if her companion was here when the enchantress arrived, any of her harsh words or criticisms would be diluted. Doubt it, Dulce thought to herself, wondering where her maker was anyway. Hello, Platita, she greeted, allowing herself to relax a smidge. 

I look for...a woman, she has a bad mouth. There was the assumption that only one of such wolves wandered this wood, so the chances of her companion knowing who she meant were high. Hopefully.
spanish english
hover for translations!
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Lilah's death had brought her out of the throes of grief for Mou's disappearance, but had replaced it with something more sinister—hatred. Her search for Molag Bal was more important now than ever, and so when the call went up, Maegi went with haste. She felt a twinge of relief to see the scout speaking with Jakoul at the border. . .relief that was followed up by rage, the oh-so familiar rage these past days, as there was no one else beside them.

She had not brought Molag Bal to her. She had failed. And her failure had cost a Blackfeather wolf their life.

Where is he? Maegi demanded, barging onto the scene to draw alongside Jakoul and bare her teeth at the woman. Normally, she'd be a little more diplomatic, but she saw Lilah's body in her mind's eye as if it lay right there, at the adventurer's paws. It might as well; to Maegi, Lilah's blood was stained all over them.

You were meant to bring Molag Bal to me, she hissed, dual-toned eyes flashing. Instead, he came here days ago and attacked one of the wolves living here. Ripped her apart so badly that she died on our border. And now, you come here without him?!
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
She had been ready to help her earthen companion, perhaps exchange a bit more but the one they had been looking for was quick on the scene. Things unfolded in an unexpected way. Maegi's tone was unmistakable and perhaps the only thing keeping Jakoul from slipping away was the fact it wasn't directed at her. Her stomach still tightened and twisted though. Had the Merei wrongly judged the earthen scout?

Inky lips drew downwards in a frown as her silver gaze danced from the Nona's features to their visitor. She remained truly silent now but her posture grew a bit defensive as she stood, unwavering, at Maegi's side.
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Thought I skipped Jakoul...deleted the post...realized I didn’t...so here’s part 2! D:

It didn’t matter if Jakoul planned to call for Maegi or not because it seemed that Dulce’s initial summons had done just fine. Irrefutably irate came the Blackfeather. Knowing that the odds were against her (this wasn’t her territory, these weren’t her allies, and they clearly were not satisfied), she quickly backpedalled into a submissive half-crouch, legs splayed out and laying just behind her. Her ears folded out to the sides and down onto her skull, her head turned so that she was facing away; there was nothing else for her to do but to wait until the yelling stopped. 

Dulce thought about arguing back that she didn’t know any better or that she hadn’t been given enough information, but neither excuse mattered. Nikan had come back to their border and slaughtered one of their wolves because of a message that she had delivered. Maegi was right; this blood was on her paws, too. I didn’t know, she whispered, only loud enough for them all to hear, It was my first time doing this, I didn’t know. It was unclear what would happen next, whether that included more demands or an attack that would finalize Dulce’s failure. Whatever was to come, she made sure to be ready.
spanish english
hover for translations!
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
The woman claimed ignorance, and she scoffed, shaking her head. You told me you were a scout. That you had skill, Maegi sneered. I told you to bring—him—to—me, she emphasized, clipping each word between her teeth. Instead, you sent him alone, and Lilah's blood is on his paws. . .and yours.

She looked to Jakoul for a brief moment, glad to have the dark she-wolf here to have her back. She hadn't ever done anything like this before. She was operating strictly on instinct—on the anger that fueled her. And good for anger. . .if not for it, she would be an empty shell, walking 'round like a ghost. Like Titmouse.

Leave, now, she commanded, lifting her chin and giving the woman a gimlet stare. I don't ever want to see you around this forest again. You have failed us, greatly.

Dulce would receive one chance. If she did not take it, or if somehow she found it worthwhile to come around Blackfeather in the future, Maegi would ensure that she regretted it. And perhaps Ramsay would call it shortsighted. She thought otherwise.
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
Her chest felt tight as Nona carried on. Jakoul liked the earthen woman — had thought a friendship might be possible after their meeting upon the lake — but now she felt dejected. Truly confused by what was occurring in front of her. But she was not one to speak, much less speak in this kind of situation.

Silver eyes briefly met with Maegi's and she knew in that moment that despite all discomforts that had started to build inside of her, there had to be nothing she wouldn't do for the woman. Her Nona deserved it all as far as she was concerned.

The order given to the scout had been clear to even Jakoul and she felt the need to mimic (felt the need to make Maegi proud) what most others did when an outsider on their doorstep was ordered to leave. She moved forward a few steps to encroach on the earthen woman's space. There was an undeniable touch of sadness in her silver eyes as she casted her gaze down onto their visitor but it needed to be done. If Nona wanted to see her gone, so did the Merei.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
wrapping this since Dulce has gone inactive

Presumably, the woman left without further incident. There was not much choice otherwise, given the circumstances and that her threadlog placed her in different spots past this. Still, Maegi watched her go, eyes narrowed, waiting until the shoddy scout had disappeared over the horizon. 

Then she gave a nod to Jakoul and stepped back into the forest, simmering with anger and apprehension and sorrow altogether. There was much to sulk about. Much to pray over.
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
She stood still until the other was out of view from the Blackfeather wolves' keen gazes. Jakoul was no doubt displeased by the outcome of everything but that call had been Nona's to make and whatever swift hammer she brought down, the Merei would follow it.

Although she would not follow her in physical terms — not tonight — as she departed to do her own sulking of a different kind.