Whitefish River Standing on my own two feet
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
All Welcome 

She hadn't yet felt comfortable enough to leave the borders to look for herbs, so rebuilding her plant collection would have to be a slower process than she'd like. She had, however, been excited to learn this new territory like she had known the mountain and had filled her time exploring when she wasn't overcome with fatigue. 

The healer walked along the bank of the river, searching it's vegetation for anything of use. She had also been keeping an eye out for any area that might make for a good whelping den when the time came. Although she still had some time yet, she never thought it was too early to start planning for something so important. She was still fairly shell shocked from everything that had gone down on the mountain, but thoughts of her future children still often drifted in and out of her mind. If anything, she was beyond grateful to be having them somewhere safe where she knew they would be loved. 

A turtle poked it's head from the water then, pulling her from her thoughts, and she stopped to look down at it with mild curiosity. It quickly dunked back below the water and swam away upon seeing her, leaving little ripples in the place where its head had been. She smiled a little and continued walking, thoughts soon drifting again.
133 Posts
Ooc —
The cowboy had taken to exploring different parts of the territory in his free time. Surely there was a lot to see past the borders, but learning his new home proved to be more important. Recently he had discovered the caverns near the river's edge which he and Evergreen promptly name Quartz cavern for the crystals forming along the walls.

This time his travels along the river led him to a woman just up ahead, who seemed preoccupied with something in the water. At first glance, he would have assumed she was attempting to fish, but his hypothesis was quickly proved wrong as she continued on her way. Hold up—!

The timber colored man quickened his pace to meet the strides of the lady up ahead You from Kaistleoki? Perhaps it was a tad embarrassing that he had to ask, but with all the new faces and scents it wasn't so easy to distinguish loners from pack wolves yet.
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She halted her steps when an unfamiliar voice called out to her and turned to see who it was. She didn't know him, but he asked if she was from Kaistleoki, and she scented Evergreen on him, so she assumed he was a new packmate. She nodded and smiled a little. Yeah, I'm new, she answered. I'm Speedy, she offered next. Then she turned a little and her smile grew a fraction. I was just exploring. Would you like to join me? It was easier to keep away the the dark thoughts of her past when she had company to keep her occupied, and she looked forward to getting to know another packmate.
133 Posts
Ooc —
The woman stopped allowing him to properly catch up, and confirm she too lived here at the river. Apparently, she had recently joined the ranks like him. She offered her name than an invitation to travel along the territory with her. Darlin' I live for adventure. I'll gladly accompany you. He flashed a grin in response to her smile as he turned his attention back to the path ahead. My name's Tobias, but I reckon Tobi works just fine too.
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Her smile grew brighter at his acceptance of her invitation. She turned and began walking once he was at her side. Well, nice to meet you, Tobi, she said as she moved. She didn't let much silence fall between them before she began to talk again as she was eager to find out more about her new packmate. How long have you been here? she asked, looking over to smile at him once more. That was always a good place to start--learn about how long they'd been here and what pieces had fallen into place to bring them here. Still a wanderer at heart, she was always interested to hear about someone's past, if they were willing to share anyway.
133 Posts
Ooc —
That was a good question. To be truthfully honest, he hadn't been keeping track of the days lately, his mind too focused on what laid ahead and what was needed for the pack. There were no safety nets to rely on while they had been setting up. The need for food or marking the borders was great and took all of their energies to make sure their little home was here to stay. Hard to say, if I am to be truthful. A week or two if I had to guess? Life's been busy since we all joined. What about you? His eyes trailed the tops of the trees, the specs of light seeping through when given the chance to litter the ground with dancing lights.

Unknown to the medic, Tobias too sought out the stories of his packmates. Everyone has a story and he wanted to hear them all. Perhaps one day he could weave a tale about how all of their chapters came together to make the story of Kaistleoki.  Of course that all depended on the willingness to share any kind of intimate details about one's self. What's your story?
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She had no doubt that things had been busy; she just wished she could have been here to help out more since she would have to rely so heavily on everyone in the following weeks. It was a lot to ask of pack that knew nothing about her, which was why she would try to do whatever she could while she was still able. Where were you before Kaistleoki? she pressed further, curious to know more.

What she had forgotten was that asking others about their past opened herself up to the same questions. It had never been something she was concerned with before since she never minded telling her story, but now--now her story was dark, and she was afraid it would harden her packmates to her. But, she had promised herself there would be no more lies, and she was going to keep that promise; she wouldn't ruin her new home with secrets like she had her home on the mountain. Her face fell, and she looked down. Um, well, I used to belong to a pack called Moonspear, she started quietly. I was there for a while and had built a good life, but then-- she swallowed hard at the emotion she felt retelling her awful mistakes. Then I messed up...I got pregnant...the very mated alpha was the father. Tears formed in her eyes, but she kept them from falling for now. It was my first heat, and everything was so confusing, but...my mistake ended up hurting a lot of packmates. Silent tears fell now, the emotion too much for her to fight. I feel so awful about it, the healer added. She fell silent for a few moments as she collected herself and then she continued, her voice a little more steady. The beta gave me this injury and then ran me out of the territory, understandably. So, her truth was out. She couldn't look at him, afraid she would see disgust or hate, so she kept her eyes glued to the ground in front of them.
133 Posts
Ooc —
As a storyteller, you have to hear stories before you can tell them. As such, Tobias had heard his fair share of tales, but the one that came from the woman beside him genuinely caught the male off-guard. A mother to be who had lost a cherished life. That being said, he thought no less of her. As she said it was a mistake and no harm was ever intended.

Something about the smaller woman gave off the vibe that she was very caring. Perhaps it was the tears that fell or the softness of her voice, maybe it was all her visible regrets to hurting a family she loved. As Speedy motioned to the wound inflicted on her, the cowboy could not help but move in to lick away some of the tears that fell. She refused to look at him, but that was fine. As long as he could stop the tears that so wrongfully flowed from her bright eyes. Come now, I didn't mean to cause tears, darlin'.

Tobias stepped back to give her some room, now sitting under the shade of a tree near the river's edge. If he could get the female's attention he'd motion her to follow. Everything'll be ok, you're with us now. The place of new beginnings. See this river? Regardless if she joined him or not, he'd slap a paw across the water's surface causing a splash and series of ripples. See that? The birds, the wind, this river, everything moves. Sometimes life gets shaken in unexpected ways, but eventually-- The timber wolf tilted his head back to the river that had now evened out from the low current. Life finds a way to rebalance.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She smiled a little and looked back up when he cleaned the tears from her face. How could she have ended up somewhere with such caring wolves; she certainly didn't deserve it. She shook her head a little. No, it's not your fault, she said through sniffles. She was already sensitive, and so the hormones and weight of the situation made crying pretty much an inevitability. 

When he moved sit near a tree by the bank of the river, she followed, taking a seat next to him. She listened as he spoke, quietly sniffling as her gaze focused on the water and the ripples he made with his paw. It was hard not to be uplifted by his metaphor, but she was still reluctant to let herself feel too much hope. She still had no idea if the Moonspear wolves would come for her, seeking revenge for all the damage she caused. Still, she nodded and smiled up at Tobi. Thank you, she murmured. You and and Evergreen have been far too kind. Too kind for a homewrecker like herself. And, I'm sorry I kind of dumped all that on you, she added. I just don't want to start here with any secrets. That had only made everything worse on the mountain, and she wouldn't let lies poison her life here.
133 Posts
Ooc —
Shaking out his paw with a chuckle, Tobias lightly shook his head. I asked for it, you have no reason to apologize. Now that he was looking, it was rather obvious that Speedy was expecting, but only if you looked. Her bump was only just starting to show. How exciting! Even a new pack like theirs could have children. If you ever need anything, just let me know. Or ya know, just someone to fill the youngin's heads with stories. He flashed her another grin before looking back out to the river. 

Fair is fair, I can give you my story, but it's by far not as interesting. Was it ironic? That a man with tall tales and lived for adventure had little to say about his life aside from the adventures he's been on? Well even if it wasn't, maybe it was a tad sad. Grew up with my Ma n' Pa, normal pack life, but I never felt whole at home. Took a life finding journey to find a place where everythin' felt right, still lookin', but I have hopes for this place. Been in so many packs now I've lost track. Then again, perhaps his story had more life to it than he led on. The short facts might have not been extravagant, but the real life laid in his journey. On the bright side I can proudly say I've seen a life's worth of crazy, and I'll happily share my experiences. As for where I was before here? Some land East of here. Crossed mountain ranges and met Evergreen out on the cliffs.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She smiled. Thank you, that means a lot, she answered. And, you're welcome to tell them stories anytime. She was surprised that he seemed so willing to accept her after everything that she divulged, but it made her happy to know that he was already excited to teach and entertain the pups. Hydra's last words had made it clear that her children would not have been awarded the same kindness had they been born on the mountain, and she was grateful that that wouldn't be the case here.

She was more than glad for the change of subject, turning her attention fully on him as he began to tell the story of his past. He seemed to be a wanderer at heart, and she could certainly understand his need to go searching for his place in life. Well, I hope you find what your looking for, she offered, giving him an encouraging smile. Everyone deserved that much, especially wolves who let their new packmates cry at them and tell them their problems.

What's your craziest experience? she asked, intrigued and gladly taking him up on his offer.
133 Posts
Ooc —
The cowboy couldn't help but grin at the opportunity to share his stories with the kids. They always had the best reactions since they were willing to believe anything. They also failed to call him out if his tales grew too tall. It would be a fun time, sadly it would still be some time before they were ready to sit and listen to him.

Perhaps what I'm lookin' for will find me. Maybe it already did and I just haven't realized yet. Who knew what would fill the desire in his heart. Maybe it was a place, or a pack, maybe it was just another wolf. Only time would really tell.

Given the opportunity to finally share some of his adventures was enough to perk up the timber pelted male. I suppose that depends on what you find interestin' Ma'am. What was his craziest experience? Crazy that was true at least. Let's see...once when I was crossin' some mountains I watched fire rain from the sky. It's touch spread across the land rapidly and the sound was enough to shake the ground where I stood.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She smiled and nodded, feeling somewhat inspired by his optimism. It was something she hadn't felt in a while, and it was nice to see it expressed so openly now. She felt like this place could be good for her if she could ever learn to defeat her demons; sometimes, she wondered if she was just meant to live with them as punishment for all the wrong she had done. It was easy to get bogged down by her heavy thoughts, but right now, she found it a little easier to feel some hope.

Fire rain? She asked curiously. That sounds kind of scary. The whole story sounded kind of startling to her, and she wondered what she would do in that situation--probably get the hell out of there. What did you do? the healer asked, eyes widening a little. She was very interested to know how he handled the situation.
133 Posts
Ooc —
The cowboy could only laugh at Speedy's curiosity. Truth be told he did what any wolf would do and get the hell out of there, but that didn't make for a good story. Well I don't think any wolf can beat fire darlin', but I did watch from a distance for a bit. I noticed with the fire spreadin' so fast that a lot of creatures were gettin' caught so I helped the ones I could and led them away.

Fire was a horrible way to go after all. No one wants to be burned to a crisp. After that I ran for a nearby river. It wasn't a lie, but he definitely made himself sound a lot braver. If the pregnant wolf had been there she would have just seen the large strings of swears he knew. Most of the other mountain creatures had managed just fine on their own and ended up at the same river.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She grinned when he explained that he had helped get other animals to safety. That's very kind and brave of you, she replied. Most would panic and, understandably, only worry about saving themself, but he had risked the fire to save others, and her respect for him grew even more. 

I'm glad you were able to get out okay, she said after he explained that he had escaped to a nearby river. I've never seen fire myself, but it sounds scary. She wondered what she would do in that situation. Before everything that had happened at Moonspear, she would have, without a doubt, said that she, too, would have saved anyone in need before worrying about herself. But, now? She didn't know anymore. She never thought she would have hurt so many wolves who trusted her either, but clearly she had been very wrong.
133 Posts
Ooc —
The expecting mother had never seen fire, and he prayed she never would have to. Sometimes it was fine, it stayed in a small section and it was just a pretty destructive sight from afar, but when it rampaged nothing would stop its conquest. Don't think too hard on it, instincts kick in. It's a sight to see, but awfully nasty.

Perhaps it was brave of him to help where he could, but part of the cowboy believed anyone else would do the same if they were good in heart. That's 'nough tragedy for now though. How about we change the subject? Any names brewin' for your young? Surely she had to have a few favored names by now.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
He was probably right, instinct would probably kick in; she just hoped that hers were still to help others like she once assumed they were. She gave a weak smile and nodded.

She was glad when he changed the subject, even if it was about baby names. Even though things had been rough lately, she was still excited to meet her children, especially now that they had a safe place to grow up. I have a few names; they were suggested by their father, and well, I'd like to use the names in honor of him. She had messed up so much, but she could at least keep this promise. He picked out Spica, Syrma, and Acheron, she explained. I'm hoping I won't need more than three names, she added. Surely there weren't more than two or three in there, right?
133 Posts
Ooc —
Apparently the father had already planned this far in advance. So the male was happy with Speedy despite her "homewrecking". Perhaps there were issues in that mateship... I see, how unique. Strong names. He chuckled as the woman continued. Are you hoping for any certain genders or just goin with the dice roll?
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy nodded, a sad smile forming on her face. She didn't like to think about Charon very much; it only made her think about everything else, and she tried really hard to not fall down that black hole. 

So when he steered things more towards the children, she was grateful. I don't really have a preference, Speedy said. I just want them to be healthy. It was all she hoped for and worried about. She had never been through this before, but she knew all too well the dangers of child birth to herself and her unborn pups.
133 Posts
Ooc —
do you wanna wrap this up since pups are now born? We should have another thread soon! <3

The cowboy hummed in agreeance, I think that's a fine goal on its own. I'm sure everything will be fine though. The man grinned as he eyed the mother to be before looking back out to the river. I know we only just met, but you'll be a great mother. I'm sure of it. Speedy had a caring heart, mistakes aside she was more than capable of raising good kids. After all, everyone makes mistakes or falls to cravings so they shouldn't count towards someone falling into a bad category for falling once.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She smiled and looked away, feeling undeserving of his compliment. Thank you, she said quietly. Not only for saying that, but also for helping to take my mind off things. She had been bogged down with shame and worry for so long; it was nice to feel hope and be able to genuinely smile. You're welcome to visit the pups anytime once they're born, she added, smile growing. She was sure they would love his stories once they were old enough, and she would appreciate any help offered.