Sleepy Fox Hollow Come Back
Babe, there's something wretched about this
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away

Such a strange land, he thought to himself. A valley nestled between mountains, surrounded by rock and grooves everywhere his eye could see. It had been a long winter recovering from his wound, getting use to his now single eye. 

Getting accustomed to the new depth perception was the longest process of all. As his skin healed, fur refused to follow, sight still evaded him and the lack of depth made walking around much harder, as well as hunting. It was a long, hungry winter, but now as he was getting accusomed to such a sight - he was gaining weight again, regaining the robust man he once was. Just with a mild disfigurement from lack of fortune on his side. 

As the sun rose over the mountain tops, the man began on his journey, preparing to leave the mountain cloaked glen and onto new lands... Perhaps there he could find something to do, more than aimlessly wander.
New Threads: closed
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
The Hollow was an unexplored landmark of the spires, and as it didn’t sit well with the herbalist, she’d strode from Diaspora’s claim with a resolute and stumbling gait. There was still a hitch in her stept, even as her mind fought to compensate for the lack of sight in her left eye; if there was anything to show for it, she was certainly improving — if her victory in the Wapun was something to go by.

And it wasn’t so much the word of foxes that drew her south, either. As far as Aure was concerned, no stone would be left unturned until she’d identified as many flora amongst the fauna that she could. So, after her arrival, the Pionier considered what might be the best path to stagger down into this Hollow.

Just like Redsand, all over again, her thoughts grumbled about, and she started when she noticed a hulking, pale behemoth of a male — Llyr?

...But, no, not him, either. Where his had been piercing blue, the one straggling his way towards her had an eye of honeycomb; a red-ridden temple where the other should’ve been. Vaguely, she wondered if this frostfurred vagrant suffered from half-depth as she did — of course he must be.

“How’s hunting been for you?” were the wry, unashamed, but undeniably mockless words.
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
It didn't take long into his new journey to be interrupted by another. A lupine of similar coloration to Rose himself, a useless eye to match the one he missed. They were similar in many ways visually, if it weren't for the apparent height difference. The scars on her face spoke of some kind of history, a story to tell with interest depending on her role in said histoire.

Difficult. A simple answer for a simple man. In time it became easier, soon I will barely tell the difference. It was a wish more than anything, but knowing himself, in due time he would be correct in that assumption. 

Taking in the female's scent, she had the scent of a family upon her pelt. For you, it must have been easier. A pack is helpful for the transition.
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
That their bodies and minds would compensate for what they now lacked was something Aure had no shame in agreeing on; and as he took in her scars, so did she the devastation of his own. It seemed as if fur and skin had either been stripped away by some beast or melted by flame ... but she wouldn’t pry, unless he gave way to his own happenings, first.

A soft grunt accompanied his quip, and her tail feathered in an absent wave, “It is becoming easier, I suppose. I like to try to hunt on my own, though, as I once did. Small creatures — voles, for now.” A lull fell between them for a moment, before she added, haltingly, “Fighting, that ... is an entirely other breed of beast.”

Reserved smile on marred lips followed her words, and her ears flickered at the accent belying his own — it was quite familiar to her ears, as she’d known some Rhaesuian’s had chosen such over the natal language. But, he couldn’t be from there, too, could he?
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
The conversaton for most would be... boring. A borish introduction between strangers, talking about the scars that marred their faces which was as exciting as the classic conversation starter of the weather. But to him, the borin and mundane was a welcomed topic. Too much excitement for the moment may not be the best for him, all things considered as he got use to his new handicap. 

I suppose... He thought for a moment, letting the words linger on his lips as he had no haste in speaking for the time being. He spoke in a slow, rhythmic pace, letting the words hang before he continued, one word after another. It would be the same as hunting. Practice. Rose himself hasn't tried fighting, the situation has yet to arrive and he was avoiding much contact with anyone since his injury to allow it time to heal.

And his depth perception to adjust itself over time.

How many spars since your wound.