Whitefish River Give Me A Break!
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
@Ira! Let's go, show this little push over how to defend!

Lately as she has been meeting more and more of the Kaistleoki members, Reiko noticed one thing. There was a lot of healers, including herself. It was outstanding! However, with the amount of individuals specializing in one thing, she decided, after a long while of thinking, that perhaps she should expand her abilities and help out in other areas of the pack that may need someone to pick up the slack. 

One of which, with Speedy who was expecting, was fighters. Those who could defend the young, old, and all the more docile individuals who were not able to fight - like Reiko herself, currently. 

With her size and gentle nature, she was certain she wouldn't be able to fight like any professional, to fend off anyone who crosses their borders, but she had one set goal in mind at the very least. Be good enough to distract long enough for anyone she is defending to get away and perhaps get help. That's all she really needed.

Evergreen was so preoccupied with everything, and she has yet to meet the second Alpha of the pack. At least not officially and get to know one another, Ira. Evergreen and Ira seemed so close, it was nice to see the leaders get along so well and so it gave Reiko courage to go find her and request help in her journey to becoming a guardian of sorts.

Following wherever Ira's scent was strongest, Ira? Reiko wasn't the type to howl and wait to be found, she found it much more polite to seek the individual out and see if they were able to talk to her at the moment. Last thing she wanted was for them to drop what they were doing just to see what a howl was all about. Are you currently busy?
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Just going to say this takes place after the forming howl mista is going to write since he announces Ira's position in it
Ira had been on a patrol near the river's edge. It was different living next to the water, but it was also nice. A major resource right next to their home as well as something pretty to look at while she traveled the borders. Not that there were any packs nearby (to her knowledge), but it also acted as a natural border, preventing most wolves from crossing into their land from the West.

She had just been rubbing her side up against a tree when a voice called from behind her. She was still learning the names of her packmates, perhaps it was embarrassing, but she was introduced to the pack formally, while she had not had the pleasure of speaking one on one with many yet. Perhaps she should be doing patrols with pack members. Not too busy. Do you need something? She pulled away from the tree now looking to the white woman.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Oh! There she was! Rei only ever met her the one time, perhaps seen her around pack lands once or twice while they did their own thing since the meeting - but other than that, this was the first time they were face to face, speaking to one another. It was almost intimidating. She was tall, beautiful, and seemed far more collected than the snowy girl who stood right under her.

Sort of. She paused, taking the time to muster up the courage and words to continue. I know I don't look like much. She started. Her cheery, bubbly self melting away for a moment while she did her best to not only convince Ira of what she was about to say, but for Reiko to believe in herself as well. But with Speedy expecting, I was wondering if you could train me.. in battle. I wish to be more of use than just another medic to the ever growing pack. I'm not big, or strong, but if needed be, I want to be able to protect too - even for a short while.

With that, she felt as if she signed her life away. Desperate to be more than just another face in a crowd, to be more than just one of the many medics. She'd give her life to save another, even to give them a moment to flee - saving lives; that's what a medic is supposed to do, right?

Her once tall, alert ears fell a bit, worried at what the female would say in regards to Reiko's wish. Would she laugh?
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The roan wolf blinked in surprise. I see— It's almost as if her dreams for this pack could go beyond just simple idealism and have a shot at becoming an actual reality. She hadn't been aware that one of the women in kaistleoki was expecting, perhaps she was only starting to show and that's why she missed it at the meeting. Now she had a small girl before her asking to train as a warrior, and they would be expecting pups this season.

It's a perfect world after all. Lucky for you, size and muscle are not the only important factors in a fight. Ira stepped forward intending to get a better look at the girl before her. Small in stature and she lacked true muscle as of current, but that could always change. Do you have any knowledge whatsoever when it comes to a fight? She would have to start at the bottom and work her way up for sure, but it was good to know if there were any points the warrior could skip in her training.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
This whole thing was like an emotional rollercoaster. There were encouraging words, saying that size and muscle wasn't everything in a battle - and yet when Ira stepped forward to take a look at her physique, Reiko almost felt half her usual size. Felling like she was under a microscope, nervously she gave a smile until a new question was brought forward.

Umm... no. Even when it came to the odd squat-ish bear she encountered, all she could do was try to wiggle her way out of its grasp as opposed to fighting back instinctively. She had to have two strangers come and help; something she may keep to herself for now, but considering she told Evergreen about the encounter, it would only be a matter of time before everyone knew if Evergreen decided to share her story about the oddly small Ursa. Will that be a problem?
Healing (2/6)

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The girl had no fighting experience, but that was fine. It would take longer to discover where her strengths lie and for her to build up the muscle she needs. Never, it just give me a gauge of where to start. In this case the very basics. After fully circling the white wolf she'd stand before her once more, standing tall. Hope you weren't busy because she's ready to start now. Every warrior has their strengths and weaknesses, you should focus on building up only what will benefit your structure. For me, I'm not very fast, but I have a large amount of stamina and heavy hits. What might benefit you? Of course, she already knew the answer, but it was good to see if the girl was able to think like a fighter. Speaking of which... Also, I'm afraid I never got your name.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Very basics, okay, that sounded comforting. At least ira wasn't going to just throw her into the fray and hope for the best, that she would sink or swim figuratively. Her head twisted and strained as she kept trying to keep face with Ira as she walked around her, Reiko assumed she was trying to get the best idea of who and what Reiko was in order to begin the training.

As she spoke, she confirmed just that. 

Oh that's right! My apologies, Reiko Yuuki Izuka, but Rei works just fine. A full introduction, as per usual - and a shortening of it all. May as well get that all out of the way upon introductions.

Now for the other question she asked. Cerulean eyes looked away, up into the skies as she thought of the answer. It didn't come easy. What the heck did she have that would be beneficial in any way to a fight. It perhaps took a little longer than it should have, but she thought of what Ira said, which gave her a small idea. I suppose... I'm pretty quick? Nimble?
Healing (2/6)

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
A mouthful of a name, but it was pretty. She stored it in the back of her head, she had no need to introduce herself seeing how everyone in the pack already knew who she was. Reiko also seemed to catch on that speed would be her main focus. Good. Someone with your stature is better off getting in small hits over time. Use your speed and size to your advantage to avoid heavy blows and then counter with your own attack. There was more she could say, but the roan warrior would wait until she had a good foothold on some basic maneuvers. I will train you so long as you are willing Rei, but you will not become a defender overnight.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Nodding in response to what Ira was saying, Reiko tried to understand the best to her ability about what she was being taught. Small hits... avoiding the bigger ones. Hmm.. Sounded simple enough she supposed. Understood! She felt the courage bubble up within her, standing straight and proud, ready to begin, her tail proudly stood out behind her in a plush banner. I will do whatever you ask, for as long as you will have me.
Healing (2/6)

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It seemed the younger girl's confidence had been boosted as her stance quickly became taller. This was also good as training with confidence was always more impactful than those who doubted their abilities. Good, because you'll be receiving homework.

As mentioned before, Rei was going to have to build up her speed and stamina. Any real sparing would have to wait until then, but she could tell the girl what points she should aim for until then. To build up speed and stamina you should start running. This can be between a jog or full-on sprinting with breaks in between but start by doing this every day. Level paths are easier when starting out, you could start in any of the open meadows. When they could start sparing would be up to Reiko's determination and persistence.

Then another thought came to the warrior's mind. If she could find others around the same skill level she could have them train together, then neither were at as large of a disadvantage as sparing with herself. Evergreen was looking for training as well, perhaps he would provide as a good heavy hitter for those who were still getting the basics. She would have to speak with him later about that. Once you have improved your speed we can begin the details of sparing. Would you like me to wait on ideal strike locations until then? If you would like I can seek others who want training so you will be matched more evenly.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Build up speed and stamina, that was Reiko's homework. She nodded in response and was going to take it seriously. She would run like her life depended on it, day in and day out, form sun rise to sun set. Work on the garden would be done in between jogs and sprints as she grabbed the plants she wanted to bring home and run them to the den. Everything would be done between sprints - maybe she would be seen as a mad individual, running around like a chicken with her head cut off, perhaps taking it a little too seriously, but determination wasn't something she was ever lacking. 

Yes please. Was her response on knowledge on any details on striking locations, at least for the time being. One thing at a time was ideal to her if she was being frank.  If you could. However don't worry, with my size, most are bigger than I am. I'll take anyone as a sparring partner. And if she was going to be anything close to a guardian, she would have to get comfortable with those bigger than her coming at her with the intent to hurt, maim or even kill... granted Ira was planning on working her way up, but time was also of the essence. Puppies don't wait!
Healing (2/6)

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Wrapping up? Hopefully a good place for Rei to start!
Maybe Ira should have specified sprint in quantity. Overworking the body was good for no one, especially when you're building muscle, but alas she's not a mind reader and the girl was already determined to go. That would just have to be a lesson for next time. I see. When I have found suitable opponents I will call for you until then listen to your body. You want to build it up not break it down. After pausing for a moment the roan wolf tilted her head looking for any signs of confusion. Is there anything else or will that be all for now?
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
That will be all for now lady Ira! Thank you! I won't disappoint! Hopping on one spot, she was clearly excited and pumped to get going. She would begin immediately. Listen to your body she said... but Reiko couldn't register what she meant by that. She was certain that one had to push themselves to the limit if they wanted to get anything close to progress as possible. 

Once Ira seemed pleased with the conversation being over, Reiko left, as quick as a flash. She began running for everything until she couldn't catch her breath anymore - sleep just long enough to rest, and then start again in the morning. She would do it all.
Healing (2/6)