Stone Circle so long
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
All Welcome 
all welcome, nikai says his farewells before he travels to Moonspear with Alya <3 let's say this is set before Leta gets hurt to avoid awkward timelines. :)

Nikai had announced to Valette that he and Alya were going to stay with Moonspear for at least a few months. Alya had hinted her sister might be with child and although Nikai couldn't fathom how she might know -- was this part of the secret triplet bond they had? -- he understood it was important for her to head home and check out how everyone there was doing. Before he and @Alya departed Nikai let out a howl to the pack to let them know he was leaving, and that they could find him by the stone circle if they wanted to say good-bye. He hoped to find @Steph and @Arlette at least -- and if he didn't, he would go and find her himself at some point -- but maybe @Greyback wanted to say good-bye, and surely @Korei Julia wanted to say good-bye to her sister at least following his howl.

He sat beside the Stone Circle alone now, waiting for company, and feeling excited to be setting off on another adventure with Alya even though it hurt to say good-bye to this place, for now. I'll miss you, Keenie, he said under his breath as he looked out across Easthollow. But we'll come back.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette rushed to the border when she heard Nikai's howl. She had not been aware that Nikai was going to leave! The white girl made haste to see her big brother Nikai and it seemed that she was just in time. "No you cannot leave!," she whined good-heartedly. She just wanted him to know that he would be missed. Who would she have thoughtful conversations with about psychology?

She trotted closer and snuggled against him for a brief moment. "I will miss you," she spoke and then looked at him with a sad glance. She didn't know his mate too much but still would miss her. Arlette was just trying to be friends with everyone.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Alya isn't here with him, sorry if it wasn't clear from my post ^^

It made Nikai feel guilty to see Arlette upset about his departure, but it also warmed his heart. In his time here in Easthollow he had gotten quite attached to her and even if it hurt a bit now and they would both miss each other, it was a good thought that he had family here that would look forward to his return.

My mate misses the home of her family, so we're going to visit them. We plan to return after the summer. I'll miss you lots, Nikai said in response. I wanted to ask you if you want to come along for the journey, or maybe stay with us at Moonspear for the summer, if you would like that. Nikai smiled at Arlette, hoping he wasn't putting any difficult decisions in (though, judging by Valette's words, he didn't think it would be a very hard decision and she'd say no and stay here, anyway).
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Ahh I missed that! I edited the post!

Arlette let out a soft 'oh'. She could understand Alya missing her family. She would miss her family terribly if she lived in another pack. She didn't think that she wanted to live in another pack. She felt very much at home here. Plus she felt that her mother needed her here in the pack. She wanted to see her younger siblings grow up. "It is good that you will return," she grinned at him.

Arlette tipped her head in surprise when she asked her she could come with him. "Me?" It was the first reaction of shock. But as she started to think about it she realized that she didn't really want to leave Easthollow. Not only because of her mother and her siblings but especially because she could not see Nunataq that way, and she would have no way of telling her that she would be gone. The idea of not seeing Nunataq made her very uncomfortable and sad. "I'd rather stay," she spoke softly. "Mom.. and the new siblings... I just want to be there. Lots of my siblings are out traveling already," she used as an excuse. Which was not the real reason she wanted to stay.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai nodded and smiled. He hoped some day Alya would feel at home enough here so she wouldn't need it to visit her family all the time. But then again, they both had wanderlust in their paws so could they really settle in one place? Nikai was not so sure. The only thing he was sure of now was that he would return here after summer. Yes, I wouldn't want to stay away from home too long, Nikai said and he nosed Arlette's cheek with a smile.

She was caught off guard that he'd ask her to come at all. It seemed that Valette was right and the girl preferred staying here, which was totally fine. Nikai nodded and said, It's okay to not want to travel, Arlette. He felt she was searching for reasons when really, just 'it's not for me' was a good enough reason. I'll miss you, but I'm glad to know you'll be here taking care of everyone.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
When the call wran out, Steph frowned. She had just returned, and now Nikai was going to be off with his mate. She rose from her position, and quickly made her way to him. Arlette was already there, and Steph gave her a smile before turning to Nikai. I just got here, she said softly, knowing he was probably thinking the same thing. 

Her gaze was soft upon him, no hints of anger or blaming coming from it. She knew he would always be family, and he would come back for visits. Besides, it would give Easthollow an ally, and a reason to go scouting, if they ever needed it. 

She walked up to Nikai, her intent to bury her face in his neck fur. I'll miss you, she mumbled softly. She didn't want to make this farewell hard on him, but she still wanted him to know that.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette offered him a soft smile. "Alright," she agreed. It was not that she didn't want to travel because otherwise, she would have left with Nuna but Arlette felt too loyal to Easthollow to really leave even with Nuna. She was happy in Easthollow and didn't want to trade it.

Then Steph came onto the scene and she offered a smile back at her sister. She watched her say goodbye to Nikai. It was true that she just got here but Arlette would make sure to tell Steph that Nikai left because Alya wanted to. She had not spoken much with this Alya, unfortunately. Arlette sat down, more in the background. More than happy to let the other two chat.

You can skip me from here unless mentioned!
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Just after Arlette had seemed a little more optimistic about Nikai leaving, Steph arrived. Nikai grimaced at her, feeling bad for leaving just now but knowing that they needed to, for Alya's sake. But she had promised him they'd return after summer, so for now he was confident that would be what'd happen. I know! Nikai sighed, clearly unhappy with this, too. But he felt that Steph understood better than others here in Easthollow the feeling of wanderlust. And even though Nikai would've chosen to stay now was it his decision alone, he also knew it would have been only a matter of time before his paws would start to itch and having only three of them wouldn't have been enough to keep him in place.

I'll miss you, too. But we're here now - tell me all about your travels! Nikai smiled warmly at Steph, hoping she had some good stories to tell him.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She didn't want to put pressure on Nikai. No one had made her feel bad for leaving, and she wouldn't either. She smiled when he changed the subject to her. I mean, most days were pretty boring. I explored a lot, found one really cool cave that went all the way through a mountain! I didn't have to go all the way over it, I just went through it! she exclaimed. It'd be a lot easier if all mountains were like that. 

I got into some fights, too, she went on. Some with wolves that were cranky, but there was this one bear, I think he was young because he wasn't as big as other ones I've seen. I had just caught a fish when he decided he wanted it. We sparred, but I ended up letting him have it. I can always catch another fish, ya know? She didn't think a serious injury was worth the fish, and the bear was serious about wanting it.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai was glad that Steph didn't further pressure the subject of him leaving. It was hard enough with how Valette had made him feel as if he was doing the wrong thing; as if he was disappointing his family, even though Nikai had thought it was a relatively safe time to leave them. But while it was hard to explain to anyone, it was like a calling. He just had to. Somehow it felt that Steph understood that, better than the rest of them homebodies here.

Nikai smiled as he listened to Steph tell of her travels. All the way through a mountain? Nikai said incredulously and he smiled broadly. Sounds pretty amazing! Must have been a relief to see the light at the end of that tunnel, I bet!

Steph then went on to mention some fights she'd got into, among which one with a bear! Nikai listened with bated breath and nodded throughout her story. You took on a bear over a fish? Steph, that's crazy! But his laughter showed how much he admired the story. Seems smart to have let him have it in the end.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Yes, Steph did understand. She hadn't understood what had drawn her to the world outside Easthollow when it called her, couldn't even explain it to her mother at the time. She just needed to... go. It was like something she needed to do to get out of her system. Turns out, she just needed to know who she was in this world. And, when she found out, she had come back. So, she didn't put the guilt on too much to Nikai. She just wanted him to know how much she'd miss him.

She nodded her head quickly, Yeah, it was! I spent a really long time in that dark tunnel. I couldn't tell you when the sun was up or down or if it was one day or two, she said, her heart racing at just the thought. But, once I got started, I figured the end of the tunnel couldn't be that far, so I just kept going. Boy, was I wrong, she went on. Now that she knew the tunnel in whole, she could honestly say she'd do it again. This time faster, and she'd eat first. 

I know, she said on a sigh. But I was so hungry and I couldn't just give up without a fight. I guess he was just hungrier than I was, she chuckled. Looking back on it, that bear, even young, could have ripped her to shreds. It hadn't. She could have fought harder, but she hadn't. Maybe both didn't really want to get hurt over a fish, but the bear was too hungry not to try.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai listened to the story with bated breath. It was pretty amazing; how could anyone imagine a tunnel that went straight through a mountain? It was pretty crazy. Nikai nodded as he listened, and fell silent when she finished. Steph went on about the bear, and Nikai grinned and shook his head, hoping that his sister had learned something from this encounter at least!

Ten or so seconds after Steph finished talking about the bear Nikai finally found his tongue and said: That's pretty amazing, Steph! I'm working on becoming a storyteller now that being a scout's not that good a profession on me. With three legs it was a lot slower getting 'round, after all. I'd love to tell this story, if you're okay with me sharing it. Think a tunnel that goes on for a few days will make a great story.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Nikai seemed pretty engrossed in her stories, and even asked if he could share them with his new pack, as he hoped to become a storyteller. Steph nodded eagerly, happy that she had experiences that others would like to share, even in fun. Yeah! Absolutely! she agreed. Her life didn't seem so boring after all, which is something she feared it would become. 

While Steph would have loved continuing on with stories to keep Nikai here, she knew that would selfish of her. Are you two gonna be okay travelling there? she asked. She supposed, together, they could take care of each other. Steph knew that goodbye was coming next, but she couldn't bare to say the words first.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai's tail waved when Steph agreed he could tell the story. He smiled softly at her and said a soft-spoken Thanks. He, too, felt the pressure of good-bye being imminent now. His smile grew rather watery as Steph asked if they were okay to travel and he nodded. We'll be alright. Alya's strong. His leg may be a weak spot but she would make up for it around every corner, as she always did. He was so grateful that she had chosen him, accepted him, even after losing his leg. Nikai lingered a bit longer, 'good-bye' on his lips but yet holding on to the words a bit longer...
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
They were both putting it off, saying goodbye. Steph decided she wouldn't say it all, since Nikai was planning to return anyways. See you later? she decided on with a smile. She agreed that Alya was strong, and Steph was confident they would look after each other. 

Sorry so short!
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
They both lingered a moment, not wanting to say good-bye. It was probably for the best that Steph took the initiative to say some form of good-bye, or Nikai might've just lingered here forever. He smiled a soppy smile when she said good-bye and nodded. See you later, Steph. Nikai reached out to nuzzle Steph's cheek, and then he moved over to @Arlette. See you later. Take care of everyone for me, will you? Nikai smiled at Arlette and he nosed her cheek, his eyes shimmering with emotion as he said his good-byes. He turned away from them then, sad to say good-bye for now -- fully intending to return after the summer passed -- but eager to get to prove to Alya how well he had trained for mountain life.