Blackfeather Woods my body's broken pieces
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
Private 
backdated to june 5th - set after this thread

by the time she reached the borders of her home the light had faded from the world and the moon hung high in a dark sky, basking everything in its eerie glow. tundra looked ghostly save the lack of her usual grace as she trudged towards the treeline- muscles aching from nothing more than pure exhaustion. and okay she had gotten a few scratches from flicker- the most prominent being the one that had split the fur of her chest and stained the pale fur a soft edged crimson but even it was only shallow and did nothing but sting which rather than being exactly painful was just plain annoying, a bit like having an itch you just couldn't reach. it looked worse than it was anyway.

the relief to set her paws down on her own soil was almost overpowering and for a moment she literally swayed- overcome with a strange feeling of...jeez she didn't even know. it was a good emotion but at the same time it hurt, it just really reminded her as to why she'd felt so passionate about this place when defending it to flicker and it just felt so good to be home, home yes this was home...home, home home. not here because she had to be but because she wanted to be. because she...loved it here.

god she must've hit her head even harder off of flicker's chest than she'd thought.

a rustle above her had her glancing up and a smile creeped along her jaw; this time a sincere one and not some triggering smirk. bertók. "hey youshe'd murmur softly and he'd drop silently from his perch to land lightly on her shoulder, tugging behind her ear which earned a surprised little noise from her jaws until he lifted off of her again- clutching a reddish patch of fur in his beak. wrinkling her nose in disgust, tundra would shake her head at the raven; "you can definitely get rid of thathe gave her a knowing look and took off without a word...or a caw, whatever. now she'd fall back on her haunches, long tail resting on the grass behind her, well as much as she'd love to just curl up and sleep right here even if it was the edge of the border, she wanted to get back to ramsay when everything was fresh in her mind.

so she'd throw back her head and let out a long h00wl in request for @Ramsay and if she was up to it, @Maegi. hoping somehow that she'd miraculously recovered since she'd left.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
319 Posts
Ooc —
Ramsay's head lifted from his paws and his ears pricked at the sound of Tundra's howl. Damn. He'd almost been asleep. He rose quietly from his usual spot in the shadows of Wolfskull, stretched in his rigid and unnatural fashion, then walked silently out into the forest. Beneath the moonbeams, a hush rested over Blackfeather Woods, broken only by the nearly indiscernible susurrus of the leaves swaying overhead. The forest's natural darkness was turned to ink with the sun's departure, but Ramsay moved through the woods with practiced ease in spite of the limited visibility.

The stench of blood reached him just before Tundra's scent did, chasing the last vestiges of sleep from him. The dwarf found her easily enough after that, but his face was already creased with a frown as he swept toward his injured packmate. What happened? he softly asked, resisting the urge to remind her that he had explicitly told her not to engage with The Melonii. After all, he didn't know if her wounds came from one of his uncle's wolves. She could have been attacked by anyone, and he had dashed Flicker from his mind so thoroughly after her betrayal that he didn't recall her scent enough to recognize it on Tundra.
THREADS: 5/5
Thread titles are quotes from H.P. Lovecraft.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
it's not long before her call is heeded and she remains at ease as the now familiar lope of ramsay comes into focus as the crooked man makes his way through the trees like a mere shadow. the look of concern is noted quickly as he moves towards her- focused on the injuries flicker had been so kind as to inflict on her. she shifts her position, eyes staring past ramsay into the woods for a few more hopeful moments before trying to bite down the bitter disappointment. seems maegi was still....well whatever you wanted to call it. 

she glances back to him as he asks what happened and gives a small shrug in response, tail twitching restlessly despite pure weariness keeping the rest of her body still. "don't worry it's worse than it looks, just a couple scratches is allshe assures, looking down at the mess once more, really she blamed it on her pelt being white. it made the crimson of the blood stand out in shocking vibrance- no one could miss it. her dark eyes lift once more, frown playing at her features. "i found them, they've set up camp in the hollow nearby bordering the dead forest, which might i add wasn't even their original home, that was a large forest much further meaning they've set up close for some reason...which i believe is pretty easy to guessdespite protestant muscles she cannot help but stand now, just stopping herself from pacing. "there is another thing though..she begins, ears falling back slightly. she does know now that she's come down from her high that her scuffle with flicker wasn't good, the melonii would know she knew where they were now but if she hadn't followed the red woman she might never have found them in the first place so that was good right? 

"well when i reached their original territory i met flicker- remember her? maegi's ex best friend, the little betraying bitchshe can't resist the words, sentence trailing off in a low growl before giving her head a quick shake. "well anyway, she left and i decided to follow her which is how i found out where they were. she realised though and stopped to meet me, we got into a little scuffle. it was nothing too serious, i winded her with a hit to the chest in the end and left before i did anything worse but yea..she probably told damien i was close so they might leave but guess the only bright side could be that it'd more than likely drive them further rather than closershe finally stopped, noticing bertók return from disposing of the fur and settling on a branch above to watch as usual. 

she looked down at her paws for a few moments now before looking back up to the man- eyes swirling within with concern. "ramsay they're definitely going to try for this place again, they had set up somewhere where they could've tried an attack at any time.she didn't continue speaking but her mind did; did they have enough able bodies to defend their home?
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]