Golden Glade But I'd rather fake pee than stand awkwardly and pretend to check a text on my phone
55 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Wisteria had a lot of questions about her family's move, but had yet to find her voice to ask them. Why had they come here? Who were these wolves? What was wrong with the Hollow, and why had none of the faces she remembered from there shown up here? How were Rannoch and Liffey leading in this pack without proving themselves? Wasn't the rest of the pack pissed off about that? She had no reason to resent being here like her brother and sister did, and she could only benefit from Rannoch and Liffey maintaining their status here, but Wisteria was nonetheless unsure about all of it.

She chewed on these thoughts as she wound through the territory in search of a cache to pilfer. The woods truly were beautiful, but with her head bowed and her eyes narrowed as she followed someone's scent trail, Wisp didn't notice. Someday when she was doing better and was more in the mindset of a pack wolf, she might look back on her reclusive and shady behaviour and feel bad about it. Right now, she needed to feed herself and pamper herself before she would be strong enough to contribute back.

Or at least that's what she'd say if anyone asked her.
THREADS: 5/5
11 Posts
Ooc —
Vero had always been one to squirrel things away. She had been taught to do so by her mother, the one who had trained her to be a healer. Often there were verious items discovered that, while not yet in need of use, needed to be stashed away for later. Such was the case now that she was on her own. Though she had no pack wolves to heal yet, the instinct to stash things remained engrained within her.

There was a small hole dug into the soft earth of the forest containing various odds and ends, healing plants, bones, and even a fresh kill from that very morning. Verochka was en route to her cache with a fat rabbit clenched in her jaws when the smell of blood was interrupted by the smell of another wolf. Crimson eyes narrowing, she proceeded forward cautiously, lowering her stance, a growl poised and ready to be released from her throat. At last she spotted the individual, an agouti woman, headed straight for her cache.
55 Posts
Ooc —
Imagine Wisteria's surprise when she ran smack dab into someone she didn't recognize from the trek to Golden Glade. Or, rather, she happened to turn and notice her. Being alone for as long as she was did wonders for one's attentiveness, and Wisteria was always on the alert even here in her "home" territory. Granted, it wasn't like she'd been paying her new pack any mind. She still felt out of place among them and was more likely to steal food from them and snarl than to make nice, so it was possible she'd simply overlooked Verochka. The pitch-dark woman could well have been one of their swarthy new leaders, but @Raven's eyes were yellow and @Quixote's were green. This wolf's were red.

What do you want? growled the unfriendly waif, grinding to a halt and turning to fully face Verochka. She felt no kinship with her pack mates besides her family and was hardly willing (or equipped) to fight on their behalf, but she still felt it prudent to mention, this land is owned.
11 Posts
Ooc —
As the seconds passed it seemed more likely that the paler woman was simply roaming rather than hunting around for someone's cache to steal. This was further evidenced by her response, a curt "What do you want?" followed by "these lands are owned."

Only then did Verochka realize her mistake. She had wandered into a sunny spring glade, picking up odds and ends and burrying them, a glade already claimed by a pack of wolves. Each muscle in her body seemed to pull tense and her large eyes widened as the ferocity of her mistake fully registered with her.

I am sorry - I didn't realize - I was not paying attnetion - she stuttered through a mouthful of rabbit fur, knowing full well that any response she may have spluttered out, no matter how eloquent, could not make up for the fundemental law of her species: do not trespass.

here, she muffled, dropping the sizeable rabbit at the woman's paws. This is for you. I also have a cache buried not far from here. There are some medical supplies, some food. I can lead you to it, if you wish, and then I will leave. A deep sigh heaved her chest. you have my word.
55 Posts
Ooc —
Wisp had never been what most would call polite. Throughout her childhood she had been very literal to the point of blunt. She didn't often get jokes and when she did get them, it was usually because they were extremely obvious. Sarcasm meant little to her, as did figurative language. All that combined to create a wolf who was straightforward and quite unashamed of it. Straightforward was all she knew how to be even in the throes of her social anxiety, which affected her ability to integrate moreso than to converse.

She'd never been able to converse well, so that was hardly affected.

That was stupid of you. You could have been killed. Wisteria cast a judgmental eye over Verochka, then suggested, Just leave. She didn't care for justification and she didn't care for kindnesses. She did feel bad that Verochka had to leave prey and a cache behind. Wisteria still felt like a loner herself and knew how hard that life was; to simply lose stuff was devastating. It could cost you your life.

With that in mind and with no current love for her new pack and no feeling of camaraderie with most them, Wisteria said, I will find your cache and drop whatever is in it outside the borders. It was a kindness for a fellow loner. I will keep this, she said, with a possessive glance to the rabbit. Medical supplies and buried food in exchange for a fresh rabbit seemed fair to Wisteria. The pack could get their own medical supplies and their own food. They had fat, fit wolves to procure that sort of thing. Verochka needed her supplies more than Frosthawks did, but Wisteria would take food in exchange.