Whitefish River 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that'
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Joining 

ummm let me seeeeeeeeeee @Speedy and/or @Evergreen and @Ira

Now this was a new one. A situation he had never thought he would find himself. The opportunity to travel the world was just to hard to turn down. To leave and then be wished back with open arms, Emrik simply could let the adventure slide. And so he found himself travelling the world to desperately call back the girl of his dreams. His fare maiden.

It had been several months since he had started scouting the nearby territories after briefly find Speedy’s scent. And it wasn’t until two nights ago when he once again regained her trail. Here he might find her, alas he must summon a pack member when there was so much to do and very little time to do it in. With pups to be feed, and baby sat and hungry soon to be mothers he want to help by need to rest. Surely, they had many less people than tasks. And so the dilemma of Speedy vs not wanting to bother anyone.

With a soft sigh and his desperate heart the man lifted his head and released a beautiful song with claim the attention of those who claimed this vast territory for their own. For surely such fabulous masters must need only the most beautiful of all the things to clasp their tiny attention.

Ya that’s right…. What the fuck.

Common

"Well, we'll just have to get to know each other a little better."

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She was perched on the bank of the river, licking the remnants of her lunch from her paws while the sun warmed her fur. She found that keeping herself busy kept her mind from dwelling over all she had to feel guilty about, and that had been made easier by the fact that she was always hungry. Instead of taking from the caches, she had taken to catching her own fish or rabbits most of the time in an attempt to make up for the time soon when she wouldn't be able to do such things.

Home had been on her mind a lot lately. She mostly found it hard to believe that her biggest hurdle had once been navigating the unknown after leaving her family and striking out on her own. Now, she was faced with the very scary prospect of being a single mother and the very real possibility that her mistakes would catch up to her eventually. Then a strangely familiar call rang through the air, as if her thoughts had summoned a wolf from her natal pack to the borders of her new home. Surely it was just someone that sounded like Emrik, right? But, the unique sound of his voice could never be recreated. The healer stood, taking a second to adjust to her new center of gravity now that her belly had started to swell, and then she set off for the borders.

When she arrived, she stopped in front of him, too surprised at first to say anything. After a few moments, she finally found her voice. Emrik? She asked. How did you find me? 

Before her life had turned to shit--all her own doing--she might have rushed forward to greet him with her normal affection, but now she hesitated. Seeing him made her sad; it reminded her of who she used to be, but that Speedy had gotten lost somewhere, and she wasn't sure where to find her.
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Eve was patrolling the borders when a call caught his attention. At first, the bearish male simply pauses in his walk, before he quickens his pace in the direction it came as if realizing; "oh yeah, that's for me!"

When he arrives on scene, Speedy is already present, and she is... shocked? Protective instincts drive Evergreen to step forward, angling his body slightly so he is between the Kaistleoki mother and the stranger that lurked on their doorstep. Certainly if this man was one from her old pack, there may have been bloodshed already, so it is possible that Evergreen is overreacting... but it's better safe than sorry.

Hello, he greets, a grin curving as per usual across his dark muzzle. I am Evergreen, the Count of this pack. What can we do for you?
Working on wrapping up current threads!
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira had been further in the territory when the howl rang out. She mentally noted it's uniqueness and would change her course to reach the location the call had come from. The mountain wolf had been quite used to answering border calls back in Easthollow, so the response was almost automatic as she called back to let whoever was at their borders know she heard.

Once she finally arrived, she found Evergreen and Speedy had already beaten her (perhaps that's where she got her name, for even during pregnancy she managed to make the border call). While she did not know the name of the showing female, she did recognize her face from the meeting. Ira nodded to both as she approached before turning her eyes to their visitor.

Evergreen had already spoken so she felt no need to say anything until the newcomer had a chance to explain himself. Instead, she would silently study him.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Emrik was beyond shocked at the sight of Speedy, he sides bowing and her delicate cargo easy to catch having known her so well before her leaving. His mouth gapping like a fish Emrik, and just as she hesitated so to did he. A sadness flooded his gaze, all of this searching and he would be returning home without the one thing he had been look for.

Before he could thing of words to properly address her, another interrupted the reunion, the Count. said with such a tone as to imply leadership. Emrik solemnly dipped his head to the man, the behemoth of a brute. Once again, his words were snatched by the arrival of another. At least Speedy seemed to have found a supportive pack, so many had arrived to ensure the integrity of the border.

Clearing his throat and avoiding Speedy’s gaze, Emrik focused on the largest canid he had ever encountered. ”Evergreen, it’s nice to meet you. I’m Emrik, a friend of Speedy’s.” For all Emrik knew this Evergreen could be the father of the pups Speedy bore. It would make sense. Trying to emit some kind of positive he shrugged of his shock and sadness, Speedy would always be his friend. Clearly any feelings he had harboured would never be returned, but he could live with simply being her friend. “Her parents asked me to find her and check that she was alright.”

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
There was a lot of history between them--too much to talk about right now, especially since they were soon joined by Evergreen as he placed himself protectively between her and Emrik. She smiled appreciatively at the count, warmth growing in her chest with the continued reassurance that she was safe here. Ira, who she only knew from the meeting, arrived next, and Speedy offered her an appreciative smile as well, glad to have the support of another packmate. 

Emrik introduced himself, and she was about to confirm his claim as her friend, but the mention of her parents had her eyes widening as they watered with the threat of tears. Mom and Dad? she said first, forgetting for a second that anyone else was there. Her brain was suddenly too flooded with emotion. She missed her parents so much. Dad would know just what to say right now, and her mom would comfort her and somehow give her hope that things would eventually be okay. 

She quickly pushed away the thoughts; she wasn't a child who had made some trivial mistake that could be fixed by a parents loving words or comforting embrace. What she had done had destroyed lives, far more than she even knew, and so running home to mom and dad was not going to fix things even if she was in a condition to make the journey. She shook her head a little. I'm sorry, she said to everyone. Emrik is from the pack I grew up in; he doesn't mean me any harm. She turned back to Emrik and offered a sad smile. Maybe you could stay for a little bit? she asked. There's a lot to catch up on. She looked to the leaders then and quickly added: If that's okay with you two, of course. Honestly, she could use the comfort of someone who knew her before everything became so complicated, even if it was only temporary.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Interactions between the duo might have been initially peaceful, yet Evergreen remains on guard—Speedy is a valuable person of their pack, and has been through enough pain that the bearish male refuses to allow a hair to be damaged on his watch. The added comfort in Ira's approach relaxes Evergreen further, but he remains firm in the barrier he's placed.

Round ears flicker forward as the stranger upon their door introduces themselves; Emrik, friend of Speedy's. Mismatched green eyes glance towards the mother-to-be in silent question. Of course, the mention of parents tears their attention away at first. Evergreen's expression turns to concern at the way Speedy seems moments away from crying. He gives her a gentle brush of his shoulder, hoping to relay comfort.

Emrik is confirmed, however, with that, and he turns his attention back to him.

I'm sorry for the distrust, Eve says, giving a wag of his tail. It's nice to meet you as well, Emrik. And this is my fellow leader, the Constable, Ira. He gestures towards the roan warrior, and takes a step back from guarding Speedy. An easygoing smile now curving across his lips. We'd be happy to let you stay, if you want. An old friend might be exactly what the mother needs, and he wouldn't deny anything that would make her happy.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The stranger claimed to be a friend of the woman who stood behind Evergreen. At first, the bear makes no movement, but Speedy quickly assures him that they grew up in the same pack after which he backs up with the smile she had grown used to seeing as of late.

The pregnant woman suggested that this Emrik stayed in the territory for a while and honestly as long as he pulled his weight, she saw no issue. The more paws the better when they were expecting pups, and if they were familiar surely the mother would be more at ease. Evergreen takes care of her introduction to which she gives a simple nod before agreeing, I have no qualms, but you will be expected to work if your stay becomes permanent.
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

“No need to apologize to me, I understand.” Emrik dipped his head, a smile playing on the corner of his lips. He was glad that Speedy had found such a pack to protect her. “Ira, it’s a pleasure.” Turning his head he greeted her kindly, his easy going nature showing through.

“Awesome, I’d love to stay for a bit. Get reacquainted with Speedy.” His olive green gaze flicked to each of them, “You’ll hear no complaints from me Constable. I’d love to help any way I can.” Of course he would be happy to help however he could. A friend of Speedy’s was a friend of his. Besides he was never one to sit around aimlessly.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She wasn't surprised that Evergreen had agreed to let Emrik stay, knowing already the extent of his kindness, and she was grateful that Ira had agreed, as well. She already knew he would more than pull his weight while he was here. She offered Emrik a small smile before lifting her head to invite him to follow her. Thank you, she said to the leaders, dipping her her head as she spoke. Then she turned and, assuming Emrik was following, began to walk towards her favorite spot by the river so that they could talk. His presence here brought up a lot of confusing feelings and thoughts, but most of all she dreaded telling him what all she had done to land herself in this position.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Last post from me! ❤

The roan Constable has no issue with Emrik's acceptance either, and so Evergreen gives him a nod and grin. Knowing that there is someone Speedy will be comfortable around during such a difficult time for her makes him feel at ease. For he understands it's not always easy to lean a shoulder on a stranger.

Awesome! The bearish Count cheers. Happy to have you aboard, Emrik. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, but we'll leave you two to catch up for now. Evergreen glances towards Ira, giving her a wink-nudge, before he moves to guide the Constable away rambling about fish.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
my last post short but didn’t want to hold up!

Ira gave her own welcome to the man with a dip of her head. With all said and done Ira was ready to leave and finish her patrol, but it seemed Evergreen was two steps ahead of her as he nudged and guided her away. He was going off about fish and despite her lack of fondness over the morsels, Ira let him talk her ear off about the damn things because she knew what it meant to him. He was charming when he talked about his passions. 
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Emrik nodded, lowering his head in thanks and respect. ”Thanks.” Speedy started to wander off an he followed hesitantly behind, slightly watching Evergreen and Ira walk off in the opposite direction.

More adventures would be coming his way it seemed. And lots of fish too he assumed.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}