Golden Glade head hunter
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Private 
Rannoch had stolen away @Tiarnach for the day, figuring that they were long overdue to have a day to themselves. He decided that it was time to introduce his youngest son to the territory's borders, and he hoped that the trip would be as informative as it would be fun. 

"Now, son, these are called the borders,"Rannoch began, gesturing with his muzzle to the forest's limits. "Once you are older, you will be able to come here alone. But, for now, you need to be with your mother or me when you're here. Do you understand?" Tiarnach wasn't his biggest concern; he was more mannered than some of his littermates. Rannoch watched his son, curious to see what he thought about everything he had just been introduced to.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
you're a bandit like me—eyes full of stars
21 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Recent changes have left the boy a bit scattered, out of touch with the world around him; he hasn't been distracted from the move so much as by it. So he's let himself become rather lonely, too caught up in processing all of his feelings to truly pay attention to his family. It's only made things worse, of course. So he's quiet as his father leads him to the outskirts of the territory, though there is an eager gleam to his gaze.
He's relieved when his father breaks the silence, nodding when asked if he understands. Except, he doesn't — not fully. He certainly understands that he cannot come here without his parents, if only because his father has warned against it, but — Why? His tone is curious, lacking any trace of defiance or reluctance (though that will surely come later, when he understands what borders represent). Tiarnach has no reason to doubt his father's judgment — but he does hope to one day know as much as he does.
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch considered his answer for a prolonged pause, contemplating the best way to articulate the dangers that laid beyond their territory. He did not want to scare Tiarnach, but, he would do a disservice not to warn him of the hazards. 

"There are some terrible wolves out there, son. I learned this the hard way," Rannoch took a seat, and Tianarch to do the same with a nod of his snout. "When I was about your age, I got taken away from my family when I decided to go outside of the borders. A wolf took me to the shores, and kept me there for months," he frowned, recalling his time at Blackrock Depths. "I don't want that to happen to you." Rannoch pressed his nose to his son's forehead before continuing. 

"You are safe within the borders. But, at times, if you are out here alone, a stranger might try and take you," and, just for good measure, he asked, "If you do have anything happen, and you're in trouble, you how for the pack to help you, okay? We're a family, and will always be there to help you."
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show